[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What your thoughts Corsair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 1675067.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1675067.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
What your thoughts Corsair?
>>
>>51529462
I don't think about them
>>
>>51529462
a meme
>>
>>51529474
How so?
>>
>>51529627

It's Razer for people with standards.
>>
they send out flagship hardware to reviewers, get good scores and then change the components to cheap shit.. fuck corsair
>>
>>51529866
here we go the conspiracy
they also botnet eh?
>>
>>51529462
since they lead the market, they are inherently nefarious. but otherwise, i like their aesthetic designs and the stuff works. you can even buy the cheapest corsair psu and be sure it won't create a black hole. i don't know what the hate is about.
>>
I bought their Force 60GB SSD. It was shit and took multiple firmware fixes before it was stable.

Their Corsair Gaming label was shit, and the community let them know. Their response was to buy their older products which had the original label until they sold out the stock of the tramp stamp.

Corsair's Yellowbeard is an especially useless fuck in that department.
>>
>>51530246
interesting. i also bought the force GT 60gb back in the day and i still use it. never had any issue with it.
>>
>>51530295

Mine was the GS with the Blue/Black color.
>>
>>51530335
oh i see. well, that's completely different then.
>>
>>51530162
Actually the cheapest corsair PSU's (CX series) are not very good because they have a bad manufacturer, but they're probably still better than shit like Diablotek
>>
I like their cases and aio coolers. Some of their keyboards look pretty good too, can't comment on the quality though.
I like their logo. I dislike the tramp-stamp logo. Also I think Dominator RAM looks sexy.

That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, the place I work at shills Corsair power supplies but I've never seen someone return one,
so I guess they're not as bad as people say. I think it was like one line (RM?) that used cheaper capacitors.
>>
Cases: Decent

PSUs: Low end is really bad, higher end are pretty good.

RAM: Man whatever- I've bought from the most bargain basement RAM companies (Patriot) and I've never had a stick fail in my personal PCs ever. RAM is RAM really.

The only RAM I've ever seen fail is the ECC shit that's in all of the Dell Precisions and HP Z-somethings we order where I work.
>>
Got their dominator/axi/sp120/h80i

No complaints. Quality products with quality customer service. Haven't pissed me off yet.
>>
Iunno, in the past few years I've bought a number of powersuplies from them and never had any trouble with them, niether did my customers, each to hi own I guess.
>>
>>51529462
Nobody can name a company with better customer service than Corsair.
>>
>>51530528
Blizzard Entertainment
>>
>>51530528
Apple :^)
>>
>>51530528
i never had experiences with either but i think many would argue evga.
>>
>>51530553
well fuck me.

technically it doesn't count because it's not pc related. but you can say corsair is the apple of pc related things.
>>
>>51530548
This. They have live chat with REAL ENGLISH S SPEAKING COHERENT PEOPLE rather than with rajesh who somehow managed to stumble his way to work so he can take 4 minutes to copy paste the answer to a yes/no question and still not answer it
>>
>>51530559
evga's gone full poo in loo and is extremely incompetent now. but as far as gpu aib goes they're probably on par with msi now.
>>
>>51530564
Would you mind holding for a second while I look this up for you?
>>
Over fuckin' priced
>>
>>51529462
The Apple of computer components
>>
>>51530637
wtf? not even close. apple is overpriced, yes, but their hardware, whether you like it or not, is good, high quality shit. corsair puts out overpriced, meh hardware
>>
So what is the best quality psu manufacturer?
>>
>>51530730
seasonic
>>
>>51530756
Why is it the best PSU manufactorer?
>>
>>51530857
because of quality. that's what you asked for. seasonic is an actual manufacturer. they don't outsource the manufacturing to other companies. instead they often do it for others.
>>
>>51530528
steam xD
>>
>>51529474
Seconded
>>
>tramp stamp logo
>>
>>51531072
you live in the past. they listened and changed it again.
>>
They listened, but their solution to it at the time was:

>You can buy our old shit that doesn't have it if you don't like it.

...and then acting as if that was "listening to us".
>>
>>51530528
EVGA.

Lifelong GPU warranty and 10 year PSU warranty. You get responses to support tickets in less than a day barring holidays. They straight up send you equivocal cards of what you have if yours fail. Eg - you'll get 950's or better if your 570 fails because they don't have 570's in stock anymore.

As for corsair, I like their stuff.
>>
I find it hard resisting doing an almost entire Corsair build.
>>
>>51531465
Nope. Fuck off.
>>
>>51531509
What?
>>
>>51531416
wtf were they supposed to do? junk all the produced units? they changed it pretty quickly for a big company.
>>
>>51531793

So what about the people who bought the keyboard and don't like the logo? Corsair's solution is fuck off we have your money.
>>
>>51531873
Take it off? It's glued on you poon.
>>
>>51531873
don't buy it in the first place. that is a valid arguement. just as with anything, you can't expect everything to be to your liking. so you either buy it when you like it or you don't.
it's not like you wouldn't know how the product looks before you buy it.
>>
Spoken like true shills. How much is Corsair paying you, or do you do it for free?
>>
Corsair is shit.
Their keyboards are non-standard trash.
PSUs ride off of their name when they primarily used Seasonic as their OEM. (Yes, some models still use Seasonic).

They're just a brand name that casuals associate with class and "muh gaymer, corsair looks after me".
>>
File: 1377231055572.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1377231055572.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>51530387
I have a CX 600 powering a 280x and 4460, and it's ran fine for half a year now.

They're ok psu's; they're not amazing, but they're far from the worst. I'd actually recommend them if you're tight on cash.
>>
They make nice computer cases and keyboards, but that's it.
>>
Bought a Corsair CX PSU on sale from Newegg two years ago and it'll still chugging along despite being pushed to the limit a few times.
>>
>>51529473
As an owner of Corsair products, I can verify this is true.
>>
Building a mini-ITX and happened to choose so many Corsair parts I decided to just stick with the brand on as many parts as possible to give it a brand-theme.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DEADication/saved/9VBBD3

Replacing the default cooler fans with Corsair Blue LED fans, the PSU is recycled from my current rig.

Any thoughts or opinions on the build?
>>
Cases: Good for low-end/mid-range cases.
PSUs: Solid but expensive. I'd go for Super Flower or Seasonic over Corsair./
Keyboards: Never owned one but I never hear complaints about them. Looks ricey but I like the island style keys.
Mice: My current mouse is Corsair. Not a fan of the LEDs or gaymen branding but there's nothing inherently wrong with most of them.
SSDs: Below average. My current one is Corsair (won it in a comp) and it's slower than my old Samsung drive. At least they're cheap.
Memory: Nothing really that special. There's nothing wrong with their sticks but nothing that makes them worth buying over others. I think the same can be said for all memory really, it's a pretty simple component that's hard to fuck up.
Cooling: lol
>>
>>51535029
Also their return policy is quite good, I RMA'd a faulty PSU for a friend and their customer support was quick and painless. I've heard stories of them replacing entire PCs when their shitty coolers leak and fry everything.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.