[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some /g/ wizard here explain to me why TORing traffic to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1446939867903.png (154KB, 243x439px) Image search: [Google]
1446939867903.png
154KB, 243x439px
Can some /g/ wizard here explain to me why TORing traffic to buy drugs is necessary for evading authorities?

all it does is draw attention to these drug market sites and eventually they get shutdown. What is wrong with just sending encrypted messages on the clearnet to buy lsd or something?
>>
>>51522887
Majority still operate through email + PGP. Markets are for people who don't have a good connection to do direct deals.
>>
>>51522887
>implying my LSD guy would be able to comprehend how to use PGP or anything remotely related

fucker still contacts people on facebook "yo man i got paper"

WELL I WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS
fucking faggot
>>
Regular encryption like SSL doesn't hide your location or the server's location, just the contents of your communications. Tor does.
>>
>sending encrypted messages on the clearnet to buy lsd
so, there's a clearnet website openly selling lsd. sounds about as functional a honeypot as you can get. your neatly directed, nicely packaged, encrypted communications get recorded and deciphered, then you get v&.

>TORing traffic to buy drugs is necessary for evading authorities
the same thing is happening here, only there's a lot more honeypots (malicious TOR nodes, exit or guard) to track communications between, making it that much more work to clearly establish a transaction occurring, and collecting evidence for a case.
how much effort will be put into cracking your transaction? how much are you moving?

it's like you're asking: why are there so many shady dealers in dodgy areas of town? why doesn't my local shopping centre just have an illicit drugs outlet store, that only serves customers wearing balaclavas?
>>
>>51522929
kek
>>
>>51523021
>so, there's a clearnet website
i don;t think thats what he means

i think what he means is
>why is everyone so dumb with security
>why can't we all just share pgp keys

but at that point, its hard to verify identity if the email is compromised

its a lose/lose-win/win for no one
>>
File: 1446740458585.gif (936KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
1446740458585.gif
936KB, 500x211px
>tfw cant go out in a blaze of lsd-fueled glory because no open markets
guys i need drugs i cant deal with all these feels by just reading kernel code all day.

>>51523049
exactly

>>51523000
that doesnt matter if the message cant be read tho right?

>>51522929
lmfao tru, im a fucking retard and love lsd.
>>
>>51523021
>why doesn't my local shopping centre just have an illicit drugs outlet store?

That's the real question.

The correct answer is Portugal, which in 2001 became the first European country to officially abolish all criminal penalties for personal possession of drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine.

"Judging by every metric, decriminalization in Portugal has been a resounding success,"

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html
>>
>tfw too autistic to buy drugs in person and too paranoid to buy on the internet

I would of tried the silk road but that's long gone

At least Trudeau promised to legalize weed at some point.
>>
>>51523544
sr was unsafe technically. the only real safety came from the fact that a million or so people bought in to the system. too many to arrest.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.