[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, What's the best way to put surveillance equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0163.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0163.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Hey /g/,

What's the best way to put surveillance equipment in my room? I live in a fraternity house (inb4 judgement), and some black guy stole a 500G SSD, my AKG Q701s and my GoPro from my room last Saturday.

I want to put a camera in my room to make sure that I can catch people on camera next time they break into my room. Is a wireless camera my only option? Is there something a little less noticeable that I can use?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>51513134
>Living in a frat
>Not keeping everything locked up
>Sunrise when shit gets stolen
>>
>>51513134
invest the money in strong locks for your door. also the frat may help you out if they don't want police involvement walking around inside their house because of illegal goings on inside
>>
Buy some of those deer hunting cameras. They're motion activated, run on batteries, and are fairly easy to hide.
>>
>>51513134
Door locks, Cheap chink camera or high end nanny cam which are almost invisible.
>>
>>51513134
>AKG Q701s

This might interest you, really good deal:
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444OFK

How are they btw?
>>
>>51513134
You want your security to be noticeable. It's an effective deterrent. If somebody comes in there to steal and a fucking camera is in their face you either:

A) Catch them turning it off/unplugging it
B) Watch them walk the fuck back out of your room

You don't want to allow your valuable possessions to be stolen, then call the cops. You want to prevent your possessions from leaving your room at all. It's more about your possessions than it is about making sure you let somebody steal something then put them in jail. Plus if they turn your camera off I think that's illegal. Good luck and hope you catch the scumbag(s).
>>
>>51513134
Srsly, is their some reason you didn't think to lock up your nice shit if you live a shiternity? I'm not trying to be a total dick, sorry your shit got thieved, but what happened? Did you goof and forget to lock the door or did you legitimately think that your shit was safe in a shiternity room?
>>
>>51513631

>crooks committing crime by breaking into your house
>crooks turn the camera off
>illegal

do you think the crooks are going to give about the legality of turning YOUR security system off if they are already committing a crime?

fucking idiot
>>
>>51513631
To add to that note you can most likely find some sort of laser that notifies you if somebody walks by it. Place it cleverly and put all your good stuff you don't wanna lose behind it. Then you can probably even link it up to an app that sends a notification to your phone if the laser is tripped. If it gets tripped, access your camera with another app and see who's up to no good.
>>
>>51513661
>>51513563
>>51513539
>>51513504
I do have locks on my door, but one of the pledges had my keys cause he was using my car, and I couldn't lock my door because my room key was on my car key fob. It was a stupid mistake, but it's a lesson I learned.

>>51513615
I rarely use them anymore, since I don't have my amp hooked up, but they were pretty nice when I did have them. Low end was terrible for EDM, but the high end and miss we're amazing for vocals and treble. Definitely need burn in time. I bought them last year for $179.99 on black Friday from that same deal.

>>51513689
I'll look into that
>>

▲▲
>>
File: 1448404606251.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448404606251.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>51513631
>>51513663
More like:

>crook opens door
>recording camera in face
>turn that shit off
>steal it, too

Now what, genius?
>>
>>51513134
qt feet op. Post more pics pls :3
>>
File: 1426461654276.jpg (119KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1426461654276.jpg
119KB, 1080x1776px
>>51514107
H-here
>>
>>51514176
ty :^)
>>
>>51514090
Well you would set the camera recording up to be sent to am external source. That way if they steal the camera then you still have the video.
>>
>>51513134
>bringing expensive shit into a dorm
>letting randoms in your apartment
>letting black people in your apartment
>letting black people in your room
>letting black people be unatended in your room
you deserved it fgt
>>
>>51514090

you missed the point stupid... some other anon said it was illegal to turn off the camera, so I said do you think a crook already committing a crime is going to care about if its legal or not to turn off a camera?
>>
File: 1446675575127.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446675575127.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>
>>51514573
>bringing expensive shit into a dorm
I don't live in a dorm, I live in a house
>letting randoms in your apartment
It was a Saturday game day party, I was drunk, and the pledges started letting randoms in for money
>letting black people in your apartment
We have stupid pledges
>letting black people in your room
He broke in to do coke
>letting black people be unatended in your room
He broke in to do coke
>you deserved it fgt
Yeah I know, that's why I wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again
>>
>>51514683
They'll care when they get caught because it'll add more time to their sentence.
>>
>>51514176
How does it feel to know some anon masturbated to your feet last night?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.