[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

webpages loading slowly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: smiling_girl.jpg (168KB, 1029x790px) Image search: [Google]
smiling_girl.jpg
168KB, 1029x790px
Hello /g/,

Before I start, I'd like to make it clear that I am an intern network admin and have googled and tried multiple fixes, but nothing worked. You /g/uys are my last resort.

I have a peculiar problem that I cannot solve.
Starting 2 or 3 weeks ago, webpages have been loading very slowly on my main PC. Sometimes they fail to load alltogether, and I have to refresh the page a few times before it finally shows up.

My connection is just fine, I get 200 mbit (~24MB/s) down when downloading. It seems that once a website has actually loaded, I can browse all of the pages normally. It just seems to be the initial connection. The only exception here is youtube: loading a video would take 10 - 20 seconds, and then buffer normally at full HD.

My troubleshooting steps:
-Checked to see if the browser (Firefox) was causing it. Problem remains the same in IE.
-Checked 2 other computers at home, they are fine, websites load instantly.
-Tried turning off all antivirus and security software. Didn't help.
-Changed to alternative DNS servers (from OpenNIC to my ISP's DNS). No change whatsoever. (Also did 'ipconfig /flushdns').

So basically, it's not DNS related, not bandwidth related and not browser-related. What the heck is causing this? How do I fix it?
>>
You don't. Chances are your browser is being monitored. Check for any unknown browser extensions.
>>
>>51511614
install ublock origin
>>
File: extensions.png (18KB, 782x216px) Image search: [Google]
extensions.png
18KB, 782x216px
>>51511631
Pic related are the only extensions installed in Firefox. The problem is the same in Internet Explorer though, so I don't think it's Firefox.
>>
>>51511614
>It seems that once a website has actually loaded, I can browse all of the pages normally. It just seems to be the initial connection
It is a DNS issue. Change your DNS server.

Get dnscrypt whilst you're at it.

Oh, and stop using ABP, get ublock origin, you kekold.
>>
>>51511706
Already switched DNS servers though, it's in the OP.
>>
what about chrome
>>
>>51511706
What. I think uninstalling ABP and getting uBlock Origin actually fixed it. Running some tests now.

How could this be? The other computers I tested were also using ABP.
>>
>>51511780
congratz, you were in the botnet
>>
>>51511792
Never mind, it's still happening.

>>51511779
Don't want to install Chrome because it installs all that other bullshit like "google updater".
>>
>>51511614
Are you trying to hit a proxy ?
Check your browser settings and Internet settings in the Control Panel.
Actually, your PC might be waiting for the proxy to cache up all the shit you're asking for, which can take time.
>>
>>51511963
No, I am not using a proxy.
No VPN either.

Just checked the Internet and Networking settings in control panel, everything looks normal. This OS install is from july and I haven't touched the settings.
Anything specific I should be looking at?
>>
Disable IPv6.
>>
>>51512089
Well, this was it. Thanks, anon.
I was using OpenNIC IPv6 DNS servers that were no longer operational.

It was actually windows' network troubleshooter that found it out. It said that the DNS server was not available, but I could definitely ping my IPv4 DNS servers. Then I remembered IPv6. Pretty stupid of me.

This explains why the other computers weren't experiencing the same issues, I had not touched IPv6 DNS there.
I assume the annoying 10 second delay when trying to load a website was probably the connection to the 2 non-existant IPv6 DNS servers timing out.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Have a good night, /g/urus!
>>
>>51512200

you're welcome. just recently fixed this issue in a school district. cya
>>
>>51511846
>Don't want to install Chrome because it installs all that other bullshit like "google updater".
I think it's the browser. Both Firefox and IE are quite slow compared to Chrome. So, it must be some browser/add-on combo.
>>
Update adobe
>>
>>51511614
Install gentoo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.