[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use any framework for website development, such as Bootstrap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: bootstrap.jpg (13KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bootstrap.jpg
13KB, 480x270px
Do you use any framework for website development, such as Bootstrap or Foundation? Or do you write everything yourself?
>>
>>51503571
my mom is dead, so good luck with that :-)
>>
>>51503555
I write everything myself.
I'm not a webdev by profession, and I can't be arsed to learn the flavour of the week web tools.
>>
>>51503555
webdev here, on medium or large projects I prefer to work with frameworks.
>>
>>51503603
oh wow. The joke went bad.
>>
File: noob-foundation.png (71KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
noob-foundation.png
71KB, 400x244px
>>51503555
I use BS
But I prefer Foundation
>>
>>51503680
Or even weirder
>>
>>51503555
Bootstrap encourages use of webfonts and icon fonts, so no.
>>
yes, mvc
>>
>>51503555
>Or do you write everything yourself?

You just do not re write what is already writen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_invented_here
>>
>>51503620
>the flavour of the week web tools.
Literally just a couple of hours to get the basics and then start with a manual as reference. You'll save yourself a lot of time.
>>
>>51503692
>webfonts and icon fonts
Literally nothing wrong about it.
>>
Anyone with web design jobs, do they really test you on the spot? I know they did when I worked as a code monkey.
>>
>>51503692
dumbass u can customise it n take whatever u want out
>>
>>51503810
You mean during recruitment? some do and some dont.
>>
>>51503794
>literally nothing wrong with Wingdings 2.0 and pushing arbitrary code to unsecured VMs from the 80s
>>
>>51503828
That's a lot of vowels. Are you okay?
>>
Do you mean front- or backend frameworks?
>>
File: 03.jpg (188KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
188KB, 1440x810px
>>51503853
>fonts
>arbitrary code
>>
>>51503927
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueType#Hinting_language

Then again, this is a webdev thread, so I doubt you are at all concerned with security.
>>
>>51503810
They'll ask you to do abstract algebra.

https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/
>>
>>51504020
>abstract algebra
That isn't abstract algebra. Not algebra at all, in fact. It's arithmetic.
>>
>>51503555
for js i use angular
for css i usually use materialize or bootstrap
for backend i usually use flask

could do it without frameworks, but it'd take longer and look like garbage
>>
File: Thats the joke.jpg (29KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Thats the joke.jpg
29KB, 560x420px
>>51504111
>>
>>51504134
Oh, okay. Sorry. Not according to the comments on that page, though.
>>
>>51504140
I meant that I said the abstract algebra part as a joke.
>>
>>51504151
I understood. Sorry bro, I'm the retarded one here.
>>
If we're talking about CSS frameworks, as we apparently are, then:

At work we use Bootstrap. But I am getting a bit annoyed with it as I get better at the front-end stuff. It's starting to feel pretty dated and clunky.

Personal projects I've been starting to use Sass with Bourbon Neat for the grid and just doing everything else myself.

Neat is a really nice way of doing the grid, in my opinion. It's much nicer to work with for responsive design as well, in comparison to boostrap, because everything is in the CSS I don't have to worry about what classes are applied to elements and whether they will conflict. I just set media queries and put in whatever I want. I can even have fractional columns (if I for some reason want that).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.