[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, earlier in the year I got a gaming rig, and it came pre-equipped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (3KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3KB, 284x177px
So, earlier in the year I got a gaming rig, and it came pre-equipped with Windows 8. It was quite alien to start off with, but I've gotten used to it by now. However, due to no one's fault but my own, I've gotten a pretty nasty virus and it's bogging down my computer. So, should I upgrade to ten, step back to seven, or try to save eight?
>>
7 is considered 'the best' windows on /g/, which I can agree on.

8.1 is good if you have the start menu installed/get used to metro and can deal with the terrible design inconsistencies

10 is great if you like flat design and can deal with the idea that your OS might track your every move and report it back. In the future W10 is probably the best choice for gaming because of DX12.
>>
10 for performance
>>
>>51501720
Update your facts
>>
>>51501720
Oh and W8 reports like 1-2 fps more in some games sometimes and slightly faster boot times.
>>
>>51501735
if I missed out on something why don't you do it for me?

And mind he just bought himself a gaming rig so he's probably not into that welfare line software of yours.
>>
>>51501752
vist>xp>win7
get with the times you stupid sack of shit.
also learn how to tell shitposting newfags like OP to install gentoo.

you don't belong here.
>>
>>51501766
>le maymay answers
yes reddit /g/ is all about spouting your favourite menes like on /r/4chan
>>
>>51501766
>because i can game on gentoo without wine
kek
>>
So, before this thread gets derailed into yet another os fight, can someone possibly provide me with a copy of 7 or 10, or will I have to buy it myself?
>>
>>51501667
You should just upgrade to win10 and nuke&pave to start anew, so you would get the best possible user experience. make sure to backup all your data first.

Why upgrade to windows 10? because it'll be better in the long term. MS has planned for win10 to be their last OS and are planning to release updates/upgrades via windows update. you might as well get it out of the way for the next few years instead of buying a windows 7 that will probably last for some time before MS is done with it
>>
>>51501723
Noooooope
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.