[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What else have I missed? I've just discovered Plex and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: plex-hero-970-80.jpg (20KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
plex-hero-970-80.jpg
20KB, 970x545px
What else have I missed?

I've just discovered Plex and it's blowing my mind. I now can access all my lifetime accumulated content any where I go on any device and have it neatly organized. Only con seems to be the shitty quality stuff I downloaded throughout highschool/college.

I've been out of college working like crazy and not doing any sort of tech hobbies for the past 4 years.

Now I have lots of money and a nice house but I don't even know what's possible now.

Before I went dark on everything I had a hacked xbox with XBMC and a Usenet account.

What's cool and new and mind blowing like Plex now that I have a time to play with tech???
>>
what are the best plugins you guys keep using?
>>
go back to reddit fggt
>>
>>51484269
Set up Couch Potato and Sonarr with your Usenet accounts.
Get a home server, stick ubuntu server edition on it and move Plex and above programs to it.
>>
>>51484269
How much have you been paid
>>
How does Plex even work? Is it a free service or what.
>>
>>51489167
they mine your data, the ceo is a jew
>>
>>51489207
That doesn't answer either of my questions
>>
>>51489167
It's free to make an account and use, but certain abilities are locked behind a paywall. Honestly I don't have any problems with the "free" version of it.
>>
>>51489242
You asked "is it a free service or what", they mine your data is your answer. Now go back to /b/.
>>
>>51489273
hi shill
>>
File: face.jpg (36KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
36KB, 500x473px
>Botnet Plex
>>
>>51484269
Plex is amazing. I have it setup to index my movies + tv shows. Sickrage is the automation behind my tv show downloads and uses a combination of torrents and usenet to obtain the shows. Plex is also setup so that I can access it outside of my home
>>
This is going to rustle some jimmies but I've settled on minidlna on my NAS and...VLC.

minidlna handles the DLNA/UPnP side and VLC can handle any transcoding & streaming I care about; with the VLC 3.0 beta it can even transcode & stream to Chromecast.

The only downside is the DLNA browser in VLC is still "a bit shit"; if they improve that (or if I got off my lazy ass and improved it and submitted patches...) it'd be damn near perfect for me.

I appreciate this is not the exact same as Plex but the end result is the same for the use cases I care about.
>>
>>51484269
Is this what plex is?

> let's leave this quad core 100w rig idling just in case you want to watch some stupid shit which I'll transcode it every time you want watch it

Why couldn't someone setup a 5w raspi samba server and directly stream their shit instead?
>>
>>51489414
Ease of use. I set up a Plex server for my parents so they can use the pretty interface.
>>
>>51489414
>100w
>transcoding

It's not 2001 any more. Even an Atom can transcode 1080p h264.
>>
It's a good way to watch chinese cartoons on televisions because it transcodes on the fly, and anime groups still have their heads fully covered in 10-bit shite.
>>
>>51489517
lol you fucking wish
>>
>>51489571
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201774043

>CPU requirements
>Single 1080p transcode: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

A modern Atom is capable of transcoding 1080p.
>>
>>51489414
>modern quad core CPU idling at 100W
>>
>>51489702
>modern quadcore
>not glorious dual hexcore
>>
>>51489571
I'm running it on an q2900. Decodes 1080p at ~70% system load.
>>
>>51489764
j2900, my bad. q2900 is the mainboard model.
>>
>>51489090
Are u me bb? Except I just run Windows headless with teamviewer
>>
My plex server is running on a i7 3770k because I'm not a friendless autist who only ever has to transcode 1 stream at a time. My server often will be transcoding 4+ 1080p streams at once (with subtitles, which causes a lot more cpu load for the transcoder).
>>
>transcoding
>>
I want to run a media server that multiple people can connect to but doesn't have a cloud hosted piece like plex. What are my options?
>>
>>51489273
Okay then. What's locked behind the paywall?
>>
>>51490034
Mine is running dual E5440 Xeons and I am a friendless autist. I also hardly use it, but I keep it running 24/7.

>>51491375
Mobile apps.
>>
>>51491375
Offline sync
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.