[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i wait?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: amd-zen-projection.jpg (32KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
amd-zen-projection.jpg
32KB, 638x359px
i need to upgrade my cpu and (maybe) my mobo. should i wait for the zen cpu's coming out (when?) or just get a new cpu
>>
>amd cpus
i can understand gpus but cpus lmfao why would you do that to yourself
>>
>>51452611

waiting for tech is bad because pricing is usually so good on older tech
>>
>40% more ipc
That still puts them at only 75% of Intel, and that IPC is probably due to hyperthreading, so you're really looking at no gain over their current cores.
>>
File: intelmarketing20356.png (417KB, 1648x1448px) Image search: [Google]
intelmarketing20356.png
417KB, 1648x1448px
>>51452680
This lmao. AMD is for poorfags and autists lol.

Do not buy from AMD.
>>
>>51452697
>tfw upgraded to 6300 at a bargain from an athlon ii this year
>will take my sweet time until Zen+ is common
>>
>>51452611
Wait and see how they do, and if they end up decent chances are Intel will lower some of their prices to cut out the competition.
>>
>>51452751
>1680x1050

Why not just use 800x600 if you really wanted to be unrealistic about performance figures in the real world.
>>
>>51452751
>This lmao. AMD is for poorfags and autists lol.
>Do not buy from AMD.

Not even AMD fags (me included) recommend AMD CPUs, except for very specific cases where they happen to excel.
Hell, I'll defend my R9 380 to hell and back (which is not hard, because Nvidia's counterpart is a complete piece of shit), but my E3-1231 V3 wipes the floor with any AMD CPU there is today.

(I hope this changes with Zen, though.)
>>
zen is still a year away (assuming amd doesn't paper launch or delay even more, which is likely given the immature process and the fact they'll be fabbing GPUs on the same process as well)

if you need a new cpu, buy an intel cpu. even an i3 will be superior for gay men over an overclocked 8 core piledriver chip
>>
Dont think like that OP you will either wait a long time, and then you will think you lost something because in the next quarter you cant update (because you already did)

Just buy some shit from the market that doesnt bankrupt you and allows you to do what you want.

I'm going to build a dekstop with Fury X and i5 or i7 now
>>
>>51452751
look amd CPUs are top kek but
>1680x1050
fucking really now
>>
>>51453949
>which is likely given the immature process and the fact they'll be fabbing GPUs on the same process as well
It's not the same process. Within a given transistor size (16 nm or 14 nm in this case) there are multiple processes for different kinds of components. That's why you don't see GPUs running at 3+ GHz, and why desktop CPUs target ideal ranges between 65W to 130W, and not 300W.
>>
>>51454114
>It's not the same process. Within a given transistor size (16 nm or 14 nm in this case) there are multiple processes for different kinds of components.

it's already been confirmed that zen cpus and arctic islands gpus are both being fabbed by glofo
>>
That's what I'm doing. My hope is the best 8-core zen chip will rival an stock i7-5960X in terms of multicore performance.
>>
Does anyone here own a fury x? I'd just like to hear the pros and cons of the GPU.
>>
>>51454155
>are both being fabbed by glofo
That doesn't mean it's the same process, you idiot. Both GlobalFoundries and TSMC have multiple versions of each transistor size to manufacture different kinds of components. CPUs use one, GPUs use another, and mobile SoCs use yet another. All within the same fab.
>>
>>51454180
Only con i see is the comfort of having multiple ones in case of wanting crossfire.
>>
>>51454298
im considering etting one for 144hz 1440p use.
could get 980ti but asus version of it costs 130e. more than sapphire of r9 fury x.
>>
xsada
>>
>>51452611
i somehow see these charts every year since 2010 from all tech companies, not one of them yet has came out with their chart promises.
It's all bullshit pretty much marketing shit.
>>
>>51452749
You are retarded.
>>
>>51452611
The Summit Ridge CPUs are coming out the end of 2016.

>>51453949
>which is likely given the immature process
Samsung has been producing 10s of millions of 14nm chips for a year now. GloFo does nothing but offer 1:1 parity with Samsung's 14nm lines.

There is nothing immature about 14nm LPE/LPP

>>51454155
Its not confirmed that GloFo is making their GPU, and even if they were they wouldn't use the same process as a high performance CPU. SLVT, LVT, RVT, ULL, etc. Chips are fabbed with different transistor libraries, target voltages and clocks, different density cache cells, entirely different BEOL.

Not that you have any idea what this means, you dipshit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.