[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an ASUS G46V laptop. I can run Fallout 4, Grand Theft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: g46v.jpg (142KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
g46v.jpg
142KB, 500x670px
I have an ASUS G46V laptop. I can run Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, and other games with little frame drop on high-ultra.
But I'm wondering if I will be able to run the new Star Wars Battlefront just as well (or lower, it's not a problem).

I don't trust Can You Run It because it told me I would not be able to run essentially any of these games I listed, yet I can play them all very well.

I really don't now much at all about specs, or how to calculate how they work, or really where to start to better understand.
I'm asking here because it's a site renowned for quick responses. Thanks to those who help.
>>
How about wait until the game comes out first before asking
>>
You could've installed the beta.

And SW:BF runs perfect on lower end machines, my GTS 450 could even run it somewhat stable.
>>
>>51418776
what's your laptops gpu and cpu? It most likely can if it can run fallout 4
>>
>>51418816
I was away on a trip, I completely missed that opportunity. I would've.

>>51418821
CPU is intel core i5 - 3230M, 2.6 GHz
GPU I dunno where to check, sorry.
>>
>>51418907
run > dxdiag, or your Nvidia or ati control panel
>>
>>51419169
I believe it's the Intel HD Graphics 4000.
>>
If you have that laptop but you don't know how to check specs you are a fck idiot.
>Enyoi you'r 2000$ shit laptop
>>
>2500$ laptop
>Don't even know specs
>Buys because high price says that is good
>Don't know what is a hybrid graphics card
Kill your self please
>>
>>51419228
You have NVIDIA Optimus most likely, so that's but your dGPU. The HD4000 would choke on about any of these games you mentioned.
>>
>>51419276
>>51419296
It was half that, and it has served me non-problematically for the last 3 years very well.
I have friends who recommended it and Asus, and I'm very happy with my purchase even still.
Not everyone is as poor or miserable as you, y'know.

>>51419298
I guess so.
>>
>>51418776
it will run just fine, you have a nvidia 660m, it's ok if you play at 1366 x 768 medium settings
>>
>>51418907

Youve got a 660m that can eaily be overclocked and your display is 1366x768.

That combo is certainly enough to run any new game at medium at least.
>>
Yes, you can.

> same laptop
>>
>>51420627
>that can eaily be overclocked
>Nvidia laptop card
No it can't, nvidia decided you shouldn't be able to.
>>
>>51419298
I have actually ran batman arkhman city with an hd 4000 on all lowest settings at 1366 × 768 and glt around 35 fps, with iobit gamebooster (not the newer razer one, but the old version 3.x).
>>
>>51418776
kek you can see how shit the screen is even in that pic
>>
>>51420721
You still can overclock the 500m/600m and 800m series
>>
>>51419369
>>>/trash/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.