[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android scrollbars. Will they ever get it right? The size changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Android scrollbars.

Will they ever get it right? The size changes as you scroll. It's been like that since Eclair.

What the fuck.

> Pic tacitly, implicitly involved.
>>
>>51412533
your quiet the retard aren't you
>>
>>51412533
I think it's supposed to do that so that you can grab onto it while you're scrolling, OP.

Mine doesn't do this unless an application is made with this specifically in mind, though.
>>
>>51412571
That's a particular option called fastscroll which you have to enable on the view you want it to appear on.
You can also set the appearance of it.
>>
>>51412533
It's little when you're not scrolling so it doesn't take up too much space or cover anything up. Then it gets big when you scroll to draw your attention to where you're scrolling, and so you can grab and drag it.

>>51412557
n u cant spel
>>
>>51412571
No, I'm talking about the length of the scrollbar changing. It just looks goofy.
>>
>>51412604
And that's that.

>>51412676
Mine doesn't do that... I'm on lolipop, you might use some dumb OEM-specific UI.
>>
>>51412752
>Mine doesn't do that... I'm on lolipop, you might use some dumb OEM-specific UI.

I'm on Lollipop and Slack is doing it right now. It happened on my Nexus One with Eclair and Froyo, my Samsung GS III with touchwiz and Cyanogenmod, and now my Droid Turbo with Lollipop.

It's not some dumb OEM specific UI, it's dumb Android UI.
>>
>>51412831
That's funny actually, I'm on a Droid Turbo as well, but using a custom rom I put together from the OEM releases. Maybe when I removed all of their bloatware it fixed this? Could also be whatever "Slack" is, because I don't use that.
>>
>>51412859
Scroll around in hangouts. That does it too.
>>
>>51412900
I don't use Hangouts, I removed all the Google garbage, too. I scrolled around in settings a little bit and it does change shape a little bit, but not anything terribly noticeable. I do notice that it jumps around a lot more than it should in some areas, but it still gives you a reasonable idea of where you are on the page. Not really anything to complain about.
>>
>>51412935
Clover does it too.

Android has scrollbar AIDS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.