[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the dream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2015-11-17.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
so /g/

I got a xps 13 in june/july, loved it
two months later I realized I kek'd myself with 4gb ram (I'm an engineer)

ordered the i5/8gb model, 24 hours later they announced the skylake versions. sent back the i5/8gb and ordered the skylake. a month later, it shows up, but the touchpad is... weird. I asked for an exchange, and they sent me one (albeit ten days later due to production shortage, its ok I was the one being picky). they let me keep the partially defective one until the replacement arrived.

when the replacement arrived, I noticed something odd. it had a windows pro sticker - a $50 upgrade I didn't pay for. weird.
when I opened it, it had the high-gloss 3800*1200 screen with touch. didn't want that, but didn't pay for - wait is this an i7?

I booted it up and went to take care of something; when I came back I checked device properties. its the i7/16gb ram/1tb harddrive model. this sucker is 2450 on their site.

I emailed them and they told me to keep it. /g/, you ever get lucky?

this is thinly veiled bragging and rl ragebait. but still.
>>
>>51400128
You emailed them about getting shipped an upgrade?!?
Truly a kek move.
But any way that's insanely lucky.
I have a dell xps 13 too and the WiFi adapter is sometimes finicky but the time to ship it back is over
>>
This is from maybe 15 years ago. But I bought Dimension XPS with a 19" FD Trinitron that died something like 2 years after the warranty. Called up Dell and they 2-day'd a new monitor to me no questions asked.

I was still a kid back then though, and been repairing my own stuff since so I've never needed to call them since, but as a kid that was a huge win to get my favorite monitor replaced.
>>
>>51400128
>I emailed them and they told me to keep it. /g/, you ever get lucky?
You are so fucking stupid, it's unbelievable. Now I'm kind of sad that they didn't want it back, you would have deserved it you sad fucking idiot.
>>
>>51400182
I couldn't sleep with myself knowing I had a bloody 1tb nvme ssd... its really insane how fast this thing is. I was on the verge of buying a 1tb harddrive to lug my music with me locally (few problems with streaming over airplane wifi and such)

now... yeesh. ive been living with 128/256 for a few years. also, 16gb ram lets me just be belligerent with not closing tabs (I'm used to 32 on a desktop but coming from 4 on my work laptop... lele)

>>51400218
I remember being 13 and having my fave 22" crt die... man, not having money sucked
>>
>>51400128
Got the same thing with snapheisser.

Some shit happened with my PC360 microphone which were 200 dollar retail a long while back, so sent it back to them and they sent the new PC363d which was then worth 300.

Still use it now.
>>
>>51400128
You really should have been able to tell they sent you the nicer model to appease customers holy fuck.
>>
>>51400738
its actually a problem with production. the i5/128 had a long production delay; i had to wait a few days to get mine after release. you can imagine a pipeline of customers behind me, and me requesting a new unit posed a problem. with no refurb bank to reach into yet, it was either cut someone else in line (not gonna happen) or punt me to a lower-demand model. this unit was produced (according to BIOS) and shipped to me 72 hours later.

definitely less of an appeasement and more of an assembly line on fire thing

>>51400728
i just got k240s in the mail today, theyre pretty tight. this board sold me on the DAC/AMP placebo and i think its grand
>>
Lucky OP. Going to try and upgrade to a skylake. Bought my XPS 13 in September and I'm having problems with the spacebar producing double spaces. Also the wifi adapter keeps resetting.
>>
>>51401802
does yours come out of sleep randomly in airplane mode? very mild grievance but still odd...
>>
>>51400128
Score. Also you don't feel like karma is coming because you asked them.

I'm jelly. Did they fix the batteries yet?
>>
File: 2014-01-22 16.21.20.jpg (1MB, 2616x1863px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-22 16.21.20.jpg
1MB, 2616x1863px
>>51400128

Bragging about a laptop? Kek

I picked up this 32" 4k monitor for $1300 2 months after the release date, mind you that it was priced at $3500 at the time.

1/2
>>
im looking to get a laptop

what is the best dell from 800-1200e range
>>
>>51402058
I haven't experienced that problem before
>>
File: 2015-11-13 12.22.37.jpg (503KB, 1088x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13 12.22.37.jpg
503KB, 1088x1440px
>>51400128
>>51402155
And this brand new cpu for $440 just this Friday.

2/2
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.