[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he buys his movies and software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 4

File: IMPROVED.png (526KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMPROVED.png
526KB, 800x1000px
>he buys his movies and software
>>
>>47588283
This may be true for movies, but with good software you get updates :')
>>
>>47588295
That you can pirate
>>
>>47588295
With autocad you just get crashes
And no updates
And they did a bait-and-switch with ExpressTools in LT.
>>
My friend pirates everything. He uses the just trying it out excuse. So i just randomly take his stuff and eat his food. When he gets mad i just say the same thing.
>>
>>47588338
Ok fine, forgive the OP he meant to say xir

stupid nazi op didnt know to first ask the correct pronouns of everyone who might be reading this thread
>>
>>47588338
>implying women exist on teh internetz
are you kuku mate?
>>
I buy my movies and software because it's the adult and responsible thing to do.
>>
>>47588390
feel free to do the adult/responsible thing to do and not post :^)
>>
>>47588338
L O N D O N
>>
>>47588338
I'm triggered. Why are you oppressing my freedom of speech? I identify as freedom.
>>
You forgot to mention OP to evade DMCA takedown notices and nagging emails to cease and desist from torrenting popular Hollywood movies. Dealing with people that leech. Torrents that don't have a seed. Etc. Etc. Just saying. It's not like some zero day compromised server with direct download links.
>>
>>47588338
Ok then, kitself. I wont oppress you any further.
>>
>>47588390
Please do the adult and responsible thing and kill yourself.
>>
>>47588435
?
>Try to download a semi-popular movie or music from penisass.poo
>It downloads as fast as my download speed will let me nearly always, if it doesn't it's a really strange occurrence
>>
>>47588444
What are you poor or something?
>>
>>47588397
>>47588444

I always knew poor people were angrier than normal people.
>>
>>47588338
When you do not know the correct gender to use, it is grammatically correct to use he.
>>
>>47588435
This isn't really an issue with private trackers and may be even less so depending on the country you live in.

I like using Gazelle based private trackers since not only are their UI's really easy to use but you can easily set up notifications to tell you if there's a new upload with any directors/actors you like. It's great for TV series as well since I don't actually have to keep track of their air-dates and stuff.

Torrents nowadays have becomes so ridiculously convenient that it's hard to make an argument to switch back.
>>
>>47588455
How is life in the 19th century? I'm surprised they have internet there.
>>
>>47588455
One actually uses "they".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
>>
>>47588338
no actually it's used correctly in this case. women can't afford to buy movies because they're busy taking care of the kids. the husband has to spend his money, so he is buying his movies and software

actually, even in the case of pirating saying "he" would be the correct pronoun. since a woman has no time to learn the intricacies of technology, the man has to go through the process of pirating and downloading the movie and/or software. he probably learned how to use a computer at his job, but even if not he has the higher analytical brain functions to learn his way through the steps. the woman might be able to do so if the man creates a step by step manual walking her through it, something akin to a cookbook.
>>
>>47588466
>implying that he is wrong
>>
>>47588466
HE is so mad
>>
>>47588338
Sorry I bet you a male that associates with a female. No girls on g don't lie
>>
>>47588435
>>47588435
the only movies you can't torrent in less time than running to the nearest sotre are older or more obscure titles you won't be able to buy off the rack anyways.

So I can either download something to watch a few weeks later or try to order it online and wait several days for it to arrive and hopefully not have any region locking bullshit.
>>
>>47588471
>>They buy their movies and software
As op
That sounds downright retarded.
>>
>>47588390
Responsible adults wouldn't unnecessarily waste money. The dosh I save by going full piratefag goes into car repairs and rent.
>>
>>47588473
>fortykeks.jpg
>>
>>47588466
It's pretty good m8. How is the 21st century?

I heard a lot of crazy stuff about it.
>>
>>47588397
>>47588444
>>47588495
>Falling for the simplest bait possible

Jesus. That is nearly on the level of asking which macbook to buy and if upgrading ram will make a significant boost in performance beyond 8gb.
>>
>>47588498
Yeah dude theres these crazy women called "feminists" that complain about (quite literally) anything and everything
>>
>>47588338
Not only can he be used in a gender-neutral manner, how can you just assume OP even wanted to address anyone but males? Way to put words into someone else's mouth asshole
>>
>>47588494
No it doesn't.
>>
>>47588489
>implying we aren't all the little girls
>>
>>47588520
It doesn't sound retarded to make a thread like that?

Do you always casually talk and post in a psuedo-formal manner?
>>
relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLC_zZ5fqFk
>>
File: nigger.png (47KB, 1150x390px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
47KB, 1150x390px
Do you really think the publishing studios would see any of my money if I overpaid for old as fuck VHS tapes?

If you stop distributing media, it should be freely available online.
>>
>>47588455
The grammatically correct way is to use "he or she" but why anyone would care about being grammatically correct on an image board is beyond me.
>>
Fancy DVD menus were the worst.
>>
>>47588547
>If you stop distributing media, it should be freely available online.

agreed. I have no problem with piracy if the owners give no shits.
>>
>>47588548
This gave me PSTD you shitlord.
>>
>>47588537
No, I am a pure mathfag. Everything I do is pedantic and formally correct.
>>
>>47588283
2/10 see me after class
>>
>>47588547
Dude can you hook me up with those beverly hillbillies torrents?
>>
>>47588548
>The grammatically correct way is to use "he or she"

The grammatically correct way is to use "they", grandpa.
>>
>>47588578
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4hh2ddq2zjqalktgmrj33vqhfm2ociok

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:pvsjmvqpgv4zufcqxjxjshq3nlhvupfx

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ayvwzkqcyenwuw2die7mnvad7kosdboe

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ruywvflbi2xjyjpt4hfcg7bvrsuhf7qw

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bmdpv23ly2oejrq2qyp332n53huv3ttt

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:np5yecv3sqo5l42l6nu6axtjkc4a5hcl

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:qoudce2kfnjlkabovopjow7plllslzx4

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:jtnxa2rlzzpnh6o4vi62a7nfkcfkrex5

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:xhcaber2pjoyyc2byyjju5ydsook422t
>>
>>47588547

Most of that shit is available on DVD and you know it.
>>
>>47588609
>downloading this guy's le bitcoin miner and memegrabber

I hope you guys don't actually do this.
>>
>>47588473
Holy shit women legit BTFO by this post

screencapped
>>
>>47588435
This is true, I got a butthurt email from Verizon for pirating Star Trek: Into Darkness

the movie wasn't even good it was all lens flare
>>
>>47588622
Again, will they see any of the money? Season 1 and 2 of the Beverly Hillbillies are already public domain, it's just a matter of time before the Internet Archive hosts all of it.
>>
>>47588547
>35gb of The A-Team

Stream when?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (133KB, 1919x977px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
133KB, 1919x977px
>>47588642
really?
>>
>>47588700
Yeah I'm gonna show it to my mates so we can have a good chuckle
>>
>>47588713
cheers then m8ty! didn't think it was that good, but it's nice to hear
>>
>>47588689
>actually want to watch A-Team

only good series in that list was the Rockford Files.
>>
>>47588473

Or you could just say this is 4chan so the odds of replying to a female anon are very slim.
>>
>>47588283
>hasn't bought a movie in five years
You don't need to go to a store
Movies you buy online don't have previews
Pirated moved are also going to come with the logos...
>>
>>47589030
>The odds of winning a contest are slim.
>Therefore we should refer to all contestants as losers.

Nigga, you dumb as hell.
>>
>>47589119
>Movies you buy online don't have previews
Where do you even buy movies online?

I've been pirating so long I didn't know this shit was even happening, unless your dumb ass is talking about Netflix.
>>
File: hp-promo-01[1].jpg (20KB, 312x223px) Image search: [Google]
hp-promo-01[1].jpg
20KB, 312x223px
>>47588283
>buy DRM-free movie direct from publisher online
>none of this shit
>don't have to pay a middleman like Apple

Sounds like you're just doing the digital age incorrectly. By the look of that image you're at least 5 years behind.
>>
>>47588438
>you
that is fucking xyt, xai have snapped. fuck xue fucking patriot scum. xsu have no clue how oppressed xye am, xzi am fucking tired of xszit.
>>
>>47589300
>I've been pirating so long I didn't know this shit was even happening
This but infact I never bought ANY movie, just Rambo trilogy + the 4th one on Bluray from eBay which I bought only because I liked it, I never opened it
>>
>>47589440
>ebay

You might as well have pirated considering no one but the person you bought it from sees the money. Why do so many people not understand that this isn't about legality but where the money goes?
>>
>>47589465
I have it pirated (in fact there are 2 versions of Rambo mastering, I pirated both to choose which to buy), I buy games and movies I like from ebay after 4-5 years of their release on very low price because I like retail media (I never open them, I leave them mint)
>>
>>47589284

>Therefore we should refer to all contestants as losers.

Might as well. Would you really rather 'participant' so you feel less of a loser?
>>
>>47588332
except one is pirating, and on is stealing my friend.
>>
>>47588390
There are actual real people who not trolling will think they are doing an adult, or responsible or grown up thing because it fits into a generalized stereotype for how to handle something, and just say this to feel better.

As an example if I mention a video game related news story to someone who is interested in politics news "I dont follow that, I follow grown up news" can be a response Ive actually had before.

Well that's nice you have to even justify why youd be interested in something without just following what interests you...
>>
software – yay.
movies – nay.
>>
I think everyone should pirate, then when studios shut the fuck down and we have nothing to watch we'll start going out more like back in the day.
>>
I only pay for movies at the theaters with friends. We make a big deal out of it and get VIP seats in the top box with waitresses and shit.
Software is a different story, I'll pirate if there are 500 programs that do the same thing and they're all shit, but I'll gladly try to pay for the niche ones nobody else seems to be able to do competently.

Either way, I don't really care what you or I do, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>47588283
paying for streaming is even worse, though.
or renting software...
>>
>>47588494
Did you even go to school?
>>
Poorfag way

>Open browser
>Look for X fucking movie
>Check on TPB
>...Shit, it was taken by the FBI
>Oh well, look for it for a while
>Spend minutes looking for a torrent with decent seeders
>Click on download, spend the next minutes/hours waiting
>Cool, its done
>...its on fucking CAM quality
>Delete it, spend more minutes looking for the same movie with decent quality, and spend more minutes/hours til its done
>...This one isnt even the right movie
>Delete it again, keep looking
>Finds one with good comments, however, almost no seeders
>Click on download, fucking pray to find more seeders
>This shit took hours, but i finally got to download it
>Decent quality, cool, lets watch it
>Watch it
>Movie was shit
>Delete and keep being a fucking jew piece of shit

Not neckbeard (AKA someone who has a job) way

>Open browser
>Go on netflix, find movie
>Watch the movie
>>
>>47592643

>Click on download, spend the next minutes/hours waiting
>Cool, its done
>...its on fucking CAM quality

You would have to be retarded to have this happen to you.
>>
> not steaming
It's a waste of disk space.
>>
>>47592643
What the fuck are you on about?
>Want Tron
>Check TPB
>It's back up as usual
>Pick Blu-ray rip
>Wait an hour for it to download
>Watch it with no ads, no money exchanged
>Pretty good movie

Pleb way
>Want Tron
>It's $17.99 to 'own' it on Amazon Prime, even though the fucking blu ray is $15
>Well, let's check netflix
>It's not there
>Alright, bite the bullet, buy movie on Amazon
>You need silverlight :^)
>Switch to flash
>Random quality drops
>Stutters as it buffers
>Fullscreen flash rapes my memory
>Finally get through movie
>It didn't even look that good
>>
>>47592643
>want to watch movie
>find it on some private tracker
>decent amount of seeds as always, they're usually fast too
>start downloading
>50MB/s
>1080p nice quality done in like 5m, none of that Netflix low bitrate crap
>>
>>47590322
>implying pirating is not stealing
do you even know how real pirates work?
>>
>>47592643
>log in to Pass the Popcorn
>get movie
>watch movie

lel he uses private trackers (probably without a seedbox too) what a fucking cunt
>>
>>47592643
>can't figure out how to find a piratebay mirror for that once-in-a-while that TPB is down
>can't tell a cam rip by the file metadata

you probably download .rar releases too, you hopeless cocksucker. And I can just tell you use Windows or OS X instead of Linux by your level of blind consumerism.
>>
>>47590372
Anon makes a good point
>>
>>47589330

Why buy when you can get for free? Genuine question. Most people who do this don't know how to torrent. I don't think you fall in that category.
>>
>>47592643
>open browser
>go to tpb
>choose movie
>download movie
>wait 5 min
>start streaming torrent
>done

fuckin retards
>>
>>47592643
>>47593605
>>47593666
>>47596415

>open browser
>go to tpb
>look at movies
>they're all shit
>go to nyaa
>download and watch quality entertainment
>>
>>47588283
that's technically voting without your wallet
>>
>>47592643
>...shit, it was taken by the fbi
What
>>
>>47588547
>tixati
>>
>>47589465
Correct. The money goes into my pipe, which I smoke while watching countless movies and playing video games.
>>
>>47590372

I missed something, though: buying things is also the morally correct choice.

I wasn't even joking. I purchase my movies and software.
>>
>>47599114
>buying things is also the morally correct choice
the burden of proof is entirely on you for this statement. Keep in mind this discussion is solely about digital media, no apples or cars analogies.
>>
>>47588283
I pirate films, but not software (with the exception being FL Studio), simply because most of the software I use is freely available.
>>47588332
Except that in your friends case, the original is untouched
>>
>>47588283
I wasn't going to pay for it anyway

this is specially true for my animus, they don't even plan on marketing them in my country

even worse, groups of consumerist idiots take the initiative and try to prove my country is a good market for them, they just want to pay the company for what they already have and still those greedy nips wont let them

There's no actual "lost revenue", it's only what those companies think they wouldve earned if everyone was forced to buy their stuff
>>
>>47588332
Are you forced to the food by your friend?
Do you pay him if you actually liked it?

You know what?
If a 'friend' tells me in the best ways he has the best weed and I should come over, I'll do. Bit before I can try it I need to pay 3 month wort of consumption. Shit, his advertising was good, I'll pay.
Turns out it's meh, tells me it's because of.my pipe, sells me a new one for 20, still meh, it's my lighter (new one 20), still meh.
"ok anon, but shill, there is new stuff, weed 2015, it looks way better it's purpler! I get the shipping in 6 months, but trust me it's worthwhile and you should get the new pipe and lighter now infront! Only double the price! "

You know what?
A.good dealer let's me smoke one and then ask how much I want.
>>
>>47599158
>he still believes the idiotic thing about the burden of proof
Anyways, you should defend your posture. Piracy wasn't the default position, the copyright is.
>>
>>47599282
plus, most of the revenue in larger corporations goes to the investors, marketing and other stupid shit, so much for "supporting the creators"
>>
>>47599314
Sharing is natural. Enacting laws to create artificial scarcity is not.
>>
>>47599158

I would give you a couple scenarios, but I'm sure you've heard them all. Just admit that you won't be swayed by anything and we can call this potential shitshow off.

I don't want to waste both of our times because you'll refuse to consider.
>>
while I agree on the dvd's you can buy in a store watching something on netflix is not that bad.
It is actually better for old stuff.
My hope is that netflix will get more content if more people pay them.
The price of netflix is less than what a movie used to cost so I think it is an overall win.
>>
In many cases piracy is far more convenient than buying an actual something. Sometimes even if you buy it, you buy it with DRM, which sucks.

I think that piracy is a symptom of industries (esp. music) not catching up with the digital age, and trying to keep digital media like physical media, which causes inconvenience for the user, which in turn makes them pirate things. A significant group of pirates do so because not pirating things is inconvenient.

Either way I'm a dirty pirate who doesn't give a fuck, and I pirate things because I don't want to pay.
>>
>>47599381
Arsenic and gamma radiation also is natural.
Yeah, you can share goods who belong to you, but a movie or a song doesn't belong to you. What belongs to you it's the right to listen it, not his posession.
>>
>>47599314
My posture is I pirate because I feel like it. I don't care whether it is right or wrong. Tripfag was the one to bring up morality as though it were some trump card to slam on the table and awe the spectators. If he is going to blab about morality then he should have no problem explaining why it is moral.
>>
>>47599423
DRM is immoral
>>
>>47599382
>hand-waving: the post
>>
>>47599511
>because my overlord Stallman (who can't explain why closed source is inherentely inmoral anyways) says it
>>
>>47599489
So if I buy a movie and then watch it with friends, they are all stealing it?
>>
>>47599511
well sloth is a sin according to christians.
I guess a lot of people don't want us to waste our lives watching movies.
>>
>>47599552
Technically? No.
But if you lend it for them make a copy of that movie, yes.
>>
>>47599554
>i don't know what sloth is
Thats why I don't listen programmers and IT pros talking about morals and shit.
>>
>>47599532
immoral is the wrong word. But it is suboptimal and it would be bad to let it become the main way of consuming media. Because you are letting a company control you. They can take it away if they choose. Right now it may seem inconceivable that they would do something like that but who knows in the future.

We all let companies control us to a certain extent (bank accounts and such) but it should be minimized.
>>
>>47599598
That propossition is pressuming two things
1) That companies doesn't respect contracts and they don't respond before law
2) That you haven't any power as consumer to punish the company
>>
>>47599524

I'm just addressing the inevitable. No matter what I'd say, he'd say "But no because.."

Even if I presented damning evidence for my case (which isn't necessarily possible since morality is more philosophical), he'd have a problem with it, and that's because he's a piratefag. He's been molded by that life to believe in a certain set of principles.
>>
>>47599570
>What belongs to you it's the right to listen it
They didn't pay for that right, only I did
>>
>>47599598
No one reads contracts to companies.

There are cases, for example, of Amazon taking away all of peoples paid for ebooks because they feel like it. Who is to say it can't happen on a wider scale.

I can't punish the company, only its collective userbase can do that. They may either be too dumb, or too apathetic if the problem doesn't affect them.

Also DRM doesn't respect fair use.
>>
>>47599664
All that effort to characterize anon and still no actual arguments. Nicely done trip
>>
>>47599689
And so?
Try to claim that in a court, they will laugh at you.
>>
>>47599689
No. You're sharing the right that you bought. That's perfectly legitimal.
>>
>>47599532
>who can't explain why closed source is inherentely inmoral anyways
He has spoken at length as to why that is the case, you simply choose to ignore him.
>>
>>47599552
If it says in the box you can't screen for audiences, then yes, you're breaching the contract.
>>
>>47588283
> he uses software that needs to be bought or pirated
>>
>>47593706
Hmm...

Food situation:
Your friend's food is there.
You get it for you.
Your friend doesn't have his food anymore

Software situation:
Your friend's software is there.
You get it for you.
Your friend still have his software and now so do you.

Not the same thing, sry :)
>>
>>47588295
Updates? Fuck no. You buy a product and they don't support it then months later they release a new version so you either pay half price to upgrade or you full price again.
>>
>>47599820
Because you say so?
He simply states that limiting knowdegle is inmoral, but he doesn't, in my opinion, develop a satisficing explanation for that position.
How "software" is knowdegle? How do you ignore the cases when having knowdegle can be dangerous? Why piracy can't be the right answer to that "inmorality"?
The last question usually is the core of my doubts, because appears to endorse the right of individuals or companies to don't share the means of making an implementation of a software solution.
>>47599824
No, that's isn't the meaning of "audience" here.
You whole extended family can count for audience, and even that can be argued.
Usually, audience also means that you will get some profit, directly or indirectly of the screening.
>>
>>47599114
No, the morally correct choice is not being a idiot and not contributing with an industry that does pretty much only harm to both costumers and the actual producers. And also to not be a fool and think that you are obligated to pay for something you don't even know if you are going to like just because that industry told you so. 8)
>>
>>47599926
(not the same guy)
Idk if you have read his stuff well or just some wikipedia summarization of it and formed a shallow opinion of it all, but here go my own thoughts:

The main thing (about closed source) for me is that you have the right to know what exactly is running in your computer (and compile it from source to make sure it is that thing for real) if you want to do so.
You have no way to tell what proprietary software is actually doing or how it's spying on you, etc (and a lot of them really are).
That's kinda immoral for me.

On the knowledge bit for the sake of knowledge (learning, etc), I just think it's way better if you can have access to that, but not exactly immoral if you don't.

And about DRM, once you buy something you should have the right to do with it whatever you want (yeah, not exactly whatever, but a lot of stuff).
Like, if you buy shoes and regret/don't like them anymore, you can give them to a friend, or sell them to him. If you move or are travelling to another country, you can take your shoes with you. If you wanna lend it to a friend that wants to try them first to see if they are confortable, you can as well.
DRM prevents all kinds of stuff related to this.
Also DRM doesn't actually do shit for the producer, it's just a way for the distributor to try forcing you on wasting more money (that makes no sense as well).

That being said, on Netflix you are not buying a movie, you are basically paying for a service that lets you watch the stuff, it's a service subscription, I don't think there's anything wrong with that specifically.
>>
>>47599883
>Software situation:
>Your friend's software is there.
>You get it for you.
>Your friend still have his software and now so do you.
You buy software.
Friend copies it.
Friend uses saved money on hookers and blow.
You effectively paid for his hookers and blow.
>>
>>47588547
>9 seasons of the Beverly Hillbillies
I didn't even know I wanted this. I need to get something to get my old Bill Nye and Star Trek tapes to my computer.
Is there a cheap way to do this?
>>
>>47602179
You pirate software.
Friend copies it.
Both of you uses saved money on hookers and blow.
You both effectively enjoyed some hookers and blow instead of wasting your money.
>>
>>47602179
I'd buy my friends hookers and blow if it didn't cost me any money that I wasn't already spending.
>>
>>47602247
It's like those people that order some meal with free fries, but don't want the fries, but won't give them to anyone cause "I'm not gonna pay for anyone's fries".
I'll never understand this shit.
>>
the industry does only care about money, not about my life or how good my income is.

So why the fuck should I?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.