[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will 2015 be the year of the Windows Phone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Will 2015 be the year of the Windows Phone?
>>
No
Stop shilling.
>>
Sure, also year of leenux desktop
>>
>>46685374
prolly not
sorry
>>
maybe for me, if galaxy s6 is shit
>>
Nope. Microsoft will buy cyanogen inc and go android
>>
>>46685374
Yes it will be. Tired of android not respecting my freedoms. Windows Phone is probably the linux of mobile OSs now.
>>
The year that it begins to really take a considerable chunk of Apple and Google's marketshare?

Don't think so... However I do think it will take some steps forward in features, usability and probably market share if you look at it from the perspective of what they have, not the market as a whole. At best I see them getting close to 10% of the total smartphone marketshare before the end of the year.
>>
>>46686136

People have been saying that since 2012. It never happens. You're delusional.
>>
>>46685374
No.
>>
im really considering a lumia 830 since they're so cheap off contract...
>>
>>46687249

Do you know why they're so cheap? Microsoft is subsidizing them because nobody wants them any other way. Get the hint?
>>
>>46685374
Hopefully they gain marketshare, tired of google being the only alternative to apple.
>>
>>46687385

I can tell you right now, Microsoft is not the alternative you want. Microsoft is the company that does absolutely nothing right, to an almost miraculous degree.
>>
I like the concept but the problem I see with it is that they aren't very cohesive and it gets clunky if your not getting the 1520. Like the 580, 510 ect. It's a good start but they need a lot of refinement first
>>
The year of the Windows Phone will be the year Jimmy Hoffa rises from the grave and tells us who really shot JFK.
>>
>>46687348
yes, and that tells us what, exactly? I mean I swear god I can't fucking
understand you people. the iPhone is the phone that sells the most. doesnt that alone tell you of how flawed your logic is? this not to say I totally disagree with you...its overpriced when compared to the 735. but its a pretty good phone for what it is.
>>
>>46687938

The point is that, if the phone could sell on its own merits, Microsoft wouldn't be subsidizing the phone to such unreasonably low prices.

Microsoft does this with every unpopular product it wants to dupe people into adopting. They did it with the Xbox One over the holidays. They did it with the Surface RT. They did it with SkyDrive.

The only reason this business model works for them is that they have an unlimited supply of money, and people think cheap = good. Don't encourage them.
>>
>>46688064
you didn't really get my point. what I was trying to say is that sales don't reflect the quality of a certain product as much as you think.
>>
>>46685386
Will 2015 be the year when shitheads like you stop falling for bait?
>>
>>46688151

No, I understand your point. Sales don't *necessarily* reflect the quality of a certain product, but they often do. You're deluded if you think there's no reason nobody's buying Windows Phone. There are a lot of valid reasons why.
>>
>>46685374
Sadly probably not, users won't switch because it has fewer fart apps, despite the fact that as a phone OS its the best option available.
>>
>>46688186
is android objectively better than WP in most regards? yes. and there shouldn't even be much of an argument when it comes to this subject. it has a lot of shit going on that WP will possibly never have. on the other hand I can tell you that I have a cheap Lumia 630 and I wouldn't trade it for any android flagship. I have many friends who are android users who have tried my Lumia and just loved how amazing,simple and innovative the whole UI looks. they didn't even seem aware of the fact that Nokia/WP existed. one of them had told me a few days before we bought our phones that "Nokia was shit these days" and that Samsung and Sony were the best because "that's what everybody uses." (yes, he really did say this) then when I bought my Lumia he seemed more excited about my phone than his newly bought Sony xperia m2 aqua lel. my point being, the average pleb knows shit about shit. I'm pretty sure that if you gave a WP to most people they would have them over android any day of the week. but people are stupid and like to follow the shephard. taking sales into account just doesn't make all that much sense to me, or at least when it comes to these phones.
>>
>>46687464
I don't know about you but to me, microsoft seems ok, they pretty much just exist now and aren't nearly as intrusive as google is.
>>
>>46685374
Never.

Android already has too much market share and the type of device Microsoft is pushing is more comparable to Apple's market except they'll never be able to compete.

This is the year where you'll see a large drop in Apple sales again. We've reached a point where performance is king, now it's all about aesthetics and there are some Android phones that do an even better job than Apple does.
>>
>>46688513
This is a valid point. Android and Apple both have momentum behind them; Windows has to not only show its merits, but convince people it's preferable to Android and iPhone.

This is kinda hard when you don't have some essential features for either.

> Apple and Android both kill Windows' app support
> Android has flash support
>>
>>46691544
people still use flash?
>>
File: 1.jpg (192KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
192KB, 1080x1920px
Meh
>>
>>46693551
>Look at all the pixels
>>
>>46693660
Meh
>>
>>46693660
still more than an iShit
>>
>>46685933
so funny - the shilling
the desperation
>>
If they release 3D Cortana and the Hololens this year, there's a good chance some people will go full Microsoft. But if they don't... nope.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (54KB, 747x747px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
54KB, 747x747px
>>46685374
> Will 2015 be the year of the Windows Phone?

hahhaahah... thanks a for a laugh, OP!

only a huge paradigm shift, like the one that propelled Apple to the top position, can change the fate of WP.

WP is doomed to remain in a 3rd spot and continue being irrelevant. Nothing can save it.
>>
>>46693822
Isn't Blackberry third place?

Windows Phone fourth place.
>>
>>46693835
you're right! lol... WP is basically dead.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.