[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/ I've read this bullshit guide on "Best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Metallic-UTorrent-2.png (408KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Metallic-UTorrent-2.png
408KB, 800x800px
Alright /g/ I've read this bullshit guide on "Best clients from /g/" and I've gotta say, it's terrible. For my test (on windows), I used three clients: utorrent 2.2.1, deluge (latest), and qbittorrent (latest).

With utorrent
>no problems readding 2000 torrents
>starts fast, closes fast, no problems scrolling or opening things
>rechecks like a dream
>easy to categorize with labels

with deluge
>opens like a drugged up elephant, closes like one too, but runs fine with 2000~ torrents
>I've lost tons of buffer on sites trying to re-add torrents because it wouldn't either recheck properly or didn't even see the files (inb4 you editted them, No I didn't faggot, I never edit files I get from downloads)
>the categorization with labels is a godsend, mulitiple labels are the future

with qbit
>opening and closing is fine but it's slow when scrolling
>readding torrents is okay at best but again, costs me buffer on sites attempting to recheck them and sometimes deletes some of my files entirely
>tagging system a shit

Why wont' you accept utorrent as the master race?
>>
>pirating copyrighted material

Enjoy your prison rape, scum.
>>
>>45496548
botnet
gentoo
>>
>>45496548
I did, years ago. There's nothing wrong with the newest version either, despite /g/'s constant shilling.

Yes, you CAN disable every single ad by going into the settings menu.

No, there is NO "botnet" or spyware installed. There is NO phoning home whatsoever either.

The adware are in the form of OpenCandy (Google it) and is only installed if you accept the deals in the installer.
>>
>>45496567
>buying all your music
enjoy being a capitalist pussy that businesses can continually fuck
>>
>>45496613
Literally every sentence is a lie.

*mind blown*
>>
>>45496613
My guess: everyone complaining are paranoid Americucks who take their shitty ISP's dick up their ass every day.
>>
with transmission
>muh freedom
>merka
>>
>>45496625
Put up or shut up then
>>
Which version of Utorrent is the "safe" version?
>>
>>45496640
true
>>
"BitTorrent Founder and CEO Bram Cohen and Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) Chairman and CEO Dan Glickman announced today that the motion picture industry and BitTorrent, Inc. are collaborating with the goal of inhibiting film piracy."

BitTorrent has acquired uTorrent many years ago, for those who somehow still did not know this, and have been working with the MPAA for a long time now.

This is all that needs to be said here.
>>
>>45496840
You keep posting that but how are they "working with the MPAA"? The client sure doesn't show any signs of it.

Either way it's only a problem if you're Americuck
>>
>>45496940
The mention of the MPAA in the same sentence should be enough for anyone with even the tiniest of brains to stay away for good. Additionally, uTorrent is a proprietary software that you can not audit. You can never say with an utmost certainty what it does or doesn't do.
>>
>>45496979
>should be enough for anyone with even the slightest sense of fear that their CP will be discovered
ftfy
>>
>>45496979
>uTorrent is a proprietary software that you can not audit. You can never say with an utmost certainty what it does or doesn't do

Are you full-on retarded? Using a capable disassembler like IDA you can skim through it in a few hours.
>>
>>45496940
what sort of signs are you talking about.

>hurr lets program a obvious backdoor that the users notice

What kind of idiot are you anon?
>>
>>45496658
i put it up in your mom
>>
>>45497077
Ok, so current versions of utorrent have been audited?

Please show me where i can read the summary on that, disassembling something and knowing how something works are two entirely different things for programs.
>>
>>45497103
>please spoonfeed me
>>
>>45497103
>Ok, so current versions of utorrent have been audited

For what purpose? How is a proof that a program is legit to be formed and mediated to someone who has no knowledge of reversing? You could send them a fully commented IDA database with all symbols named and they'd still cover their eyes and shout "botnet".

Think what you want. Use whatever shitty software you want. Just don't spew your low-brow bullshit.
>>
>using trojantorrent
>>
>>45497203
>being so stupid you get trojans
>>
what about the write cache bug?
>>
>Torrenting on your personal windows computer using residential internet
And you think your opinion matters why?
>>
>>45497073
Who torrents Cheese Pizza anyway?
>>
>>45497156
Instead of such a wordy and, useless post, you could have just said "I have never seen any documentation on uTorrent audits for any version".
>>
>>45496548
I'm using 2.0.4
Perfect software
>>
File: 1417859635819.png (246KB, 1379x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1417859635819.png
246KB, 1379x1149px
at least we're fine on 2.2.1 :^)
>>
>>45496567
What? When did the OP say anything about pirating copyrighted material? He just did a test on 3 different bitorrent clients
>>
File: 1406262031197.jpg (45KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1406262031197.jpg
45KB, 600x480px
>>45497550
>this thread after this post
>>
>>45496840
>>45496979
this anon is completely correct. all other responses to this post are just disinformation from the mpaa/riaa shills or basement dwellers trolling.
>hurr you can audit a large scale software program with just a disassembler get gud xD
you have no idea what you're talking about.
>oh you're only scared because of being a pedo
obvious ad hominem.
>>
Dang, you guys and your botnet sound so cool. Do you get a rush using insecure software, or software that's approved by the MPAA? How do I be one of you?
>>
For me uTorrent worked like crap and qbit perfectly.

See OP? It's just empty words.
>>
>>45497500
>I have never seen any documentation on uTorrent audits for any version
or rather "I have personally looked over the bulk of it as I've created plugins for it"

You could just fuck right off with your blatantly clueless opinions.
>>
>>45497681
So you've glanced over 0.01% of a code for a single version, and suddenly you're an utorrent expert, who can speak with a complete certainty? Not only that, but you tell others to fully audit ALL versions, AND to figure out what each line of code does?

You're the dumbest poster that I've seen here all since summer.
>>
>>45497110
Burden of proof ya moron. I mean, you can just skim through it in a few hours right? There must be plenty of proof.
>>45497156
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. All i am saying is that i am not going to use software to do something that the COMPANY that owns the program is actively persecuting people for doing. I would not use this program unless i knew it was safe (especially a program that connects to lots random addresses, and you cannot tell which ones are legit or not).

>ITT: People who would buy guns from a company that is anti-gun
You are asking for it
>>
>>45497851
>(especially a program that connects to lots random addresses, and you cannot tell which ones are legit or not)
Another completely retarded statement.

The purpose of a torrent tracker is to give the client information about the swarm (such as the IP addresses) so you can easily verify if the addresses the client connects to are part of any torrent you're downloading or not. Any one of them could be the Warner-FBI for all you know, but no client would be able to make this distinction, no matter how open source and free it was.

Why you're even on /g/ if you're this beginner on the subjects you think you have any authority in is beyond me. Pick up a book or do something productive, you mouthbreathing waste.
>>
>>45497835
Never claimed any of that. I said I had skimmed most of it (strings, any functions using the net API, etc.). You could use malware techniques to sneak past malicious code, sure, but it is highly unlikely.

Since you used the wording "lines of code" when speaking of native code, I'm going to dismiss you as equally retarded as the other guy.
>>
>>45498033
>provides zero proof to his claim that MPAAtorrent is safe to use
>I'm going to dismiss you now

Gave me a chuckle. Thanks, tubby.
>>
>>45498089
>Thanks, tubby.

>trying to flip the tables

Your paranoia gives away the fact that you're American. All Americans on this board are fat, NEET, virgin losers.

Nice try though.
>>
>>45498110
>still no proof
>talking about tables
>must be hungry

Are we going to see some definitive proof that a torrent client that works with the MPAA is safe to use? Yes or no? This isn't a difficult question.
>>
>>45498152
To a retard like you? No.
>>45497156
>>45497156
>>45497156
>>45497156
>>45497156

For someone genuinly interested I could offer it
>>
>>45496548
because rTorrent is mastarrace
>>
>>45498173
>Are we going to see some definitive proof?
>No

Alrighty then.

/thread
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.