[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

iKek.app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: android2.jpg (7KB, 401x309px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
android2.jpg
7KB, 401x309px
ITT: Applefags vs. Linuxfags
But wait! In this debate, you cannot use commercial support or third-party software to support your argument. This time, the debate is based solely on the capability/potential of your favored OS.
>>
But that's not fair, nobody uses their os like the way it is out of the box.
>>
>>45458640
I'm talking about flexibility, stability, how it works, shit like that. Linuxfags always use "muh free software" and Macfags use "muh commercial support" in arguments.
>>
Everything about Linux is "third-party" technically, the kernel devs are an entirely separate entity from any distro.
>>
>>45458623
>(GNU+)Linux
>open sourced, free to put on anything you want, most secure system because of the open philosophy, standards compliant, modify it as you wish, constantly evolving to adapt to new hardware, fast as shit and minimal as you need it (great for servers or other low powered devices).
>Apple
>It looks good and there are no driver problems

That is about it from my perspective
>>
>>45458623
try everything and then pick your favourite
>>
>>45458685
>shitnux
>breaks at least once a day
>>
>>45458668
>Macfags use "muh commercial support" in arguments
Never heard macfags say that, pretty sure it's the windows users.
>>
>>45458668
Of course OSX is the better operation system. All freedumbs aside, OSX will win because it's an operating system coded by the best of the best professionals who work at apple

Linux is coded by a bunch of autists living in their moms basement
>>
>>45458787
>implying I use arch or gentoo
>>
>>45458795
If you give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of time and an infinite amount of keyboards, one of them will type Shakespeare.
>>
>>45458795
>apple
>professional

LOL
>>
>>45458795
>OSX
>best
Then please, explain why it uses HFS+. If the developers had any idea what kind of piece of shit they were building, they would've gone with ext or something NOT shit.
>>
>>45458795
>implying the autists aren't more dedicated to the product and gifted with capabilities of autism

apple just wants your money, if they could make it by selling apple shaped manure they would and the apple fags would probably buy it
>>
>>45458668
>I'm talking about flexibility, stability, how it works, shit like that.
Linux distros win here. Hands down.

They're far more flexible / diversely usable. This doesn't even need debating, it's very clear that OSX is not really being used on ticket machines and ATM, routers, drones, spacecraft and so on... but Debian and derivatives are.

And far more stable, too, look at which OS runs most of the server farms and supercomputers that just *can't* go down (or heads roll due to the millions in losses incurred...) and *need* to perform well.
>>
File: 1374266098803.gif (2MB, 512x287px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374266098803.gif
2MB, 512x287px
>>45458623
>mfw this thread
>>
>>45458905
this gif encapsulates my 4chan life
>>
>>45458795
>Linux is coded by a bunch of autists living in their moms basement
Apart from the university staff and small and big (to huge) corporations that use it and a bunch of normal people, yes, there also are basement-dwelling autists coding it.

OSX has like, what, all of 80 developers, many of them working on OSX only part-time...?

No wonder it never really became applicable for more than like 1 computer per year, both made in-house at Apple...
>>
>>45458905
wow haven't seen this troll for a while.
>>
File: IMG_3477.jpg (222KB, 1282x962px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_3477.jpg
222KB, 1282x962px
>>45458886
Because Apple was desperate as fuck to dump this mountain of shit they built over 3 decades. They had no money and had to take $150M in bailout from MS. In their desperation they just went for the cheapest possible solution and duct taped their GUI to a free kernel and some of their own code from the NEXT merger and that's how we got the pile of shit that is OS X today.
>>
>>45458853
No.
>>
>>45458623
If you use Apple products, you are fucking evil. Have you seen the suicide nets in their factories? Have you read their lawsuits? Do you know that Steve Jobs rebuilt the company on anti-social, abusive behavior?

Apple is rotten to the core and is the least free tech company on the market. At least go Hackintosh so you can rip those proprietarian fucks off if you must use Mac.

Linux is the only *nix you need, because it's free as in freedom. XNU a shit.
>>
Linux is fun to dick around with but there's no way I'd use it as my every day OS.

OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 for life.
>>
File: brofist.gif (3MB, 400x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
brofist.gif
3MB, 400x267px
>>45458999
You, sir, have won the fucking internet.
>>
>>45458999
>>45459011
Trips and dubs confirm.
>>
>>45459005
Yes
>>
OS X is just Linux without the autism

It's the desktop version of Linux, or at least least a fucking prime example of what the desktop version should be like
>>
Linux allows you to be more intimate with your machine than Windows and OSuX combined. You have that power, and the power makes you feel like a God. To do with 6 lines of bash what most people learn a w hole language for. You are wielding Mjolner. No obscure registries, no jailbreak; just raw power, and it feels good. Not to mention you have a whole community of people who are of your mindset, had the same problems, and like the same things. You get friends.it's like being a dungeon master.
>>
>>45459276
Aside from a wallpaper, customization on OSX is shit. I want it to be mine, not look nearly identical to everyone else's. Also, there is no reason I should overpay for Intel hardware to run one shitbag OS
>>
>>45459322
>Also, there is no reason I should overpay for Intel hardware to run one shitbag OS

Buts that's the Apple business model..
>>
>>45459340
>>45459322
It used to be far worse for IBM hardware.
>>
>>45459322
> All this misinformation
I don't even know where to begin
>>
>>45459276
> le autism may-may

Literally the only "argument" Macfags have against Linux.
>>
File: 1409392531979.gif (120KB, 600x487px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409392531979.gif
120KB, 600x487px
>>45459407
He's using that maymay correctly. A lot of free software are only used by autists.
>>
>>45458853
>OSX is the Shakespeare of operating systems
You heard it here first, folks!
>>
>>45458623
now that I have a mac all that matters is battery life, give me what I want and I'll humble you with my decision to switch.
>>
>>45460195
Underclock that bitch and go. Ubuntu isn't exactl known for raping your CPU
>>
Why does Apple put batteries in their desktops? You surely aren't pleb enough to use a laptop though, right?
>>
>>45460210
don't cpu's automatically adjust their clock speed? why would I underclock a 1.4ghz cpu?
>>
>>45460256
This is true. You could also just change the governor so it has to be under a higher load to jump frequencies.
>>
ITT: winfag tries desperately to get glorious *nix master race bros to fight
[spoilers]you will fail[/spoilers]
>>
>>45460210
can ubuntu do this?
its almost hard to believe for such a small battery, and no tweaking.
>>
>>45460288
> Macshit
> doesn't do anything
> doesn't drain the battery

No surprise there.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.