[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>threads with genuine discussions of philosophy with people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

>threads with genuine discussions of philosophy with people who seem to have more than a cursory knowledge of it

what the fuck? This only occurred on /lit/ about once a year. was /fit/ ultimately better educated and more well read?
>>
>>29649
lit is showing off because all the topless men really get them going
>>
>>29779
literally no one on /lit/ knows philosophy besides names and wikipedia

I don't think most of /lit/ actually reads anything other than fiction, and even that infrequently
>>
>>29779
You caught me. /fit/ is actually filled with willing ears to listen instead of shitpost so I'm actually making an effort and not being an asshole for today.
>>
>>29649
what threads
>>
>>29649
/fit/ here. Got my bachelor's in philosophy.
>>
muh "man and his symbols"

- Carl Jung
>>
most of /fit/ is /pol/
>>
>>30378
if that's true it'd be very funny. /lit/ and /pol/ have been fighting at loggerheads for years now
>>
>>30532
fit is where you go once pol shows you what must be done.
>>
>>30547
Very true
Refine and perfect yourself to become the best human your body can make possible
With the greatness you hold, bring up those around you and together create a great people
With those great people, create a government that will bring prosperity and be known as the greatest nation
>>
>>30867
and still come back to imageboards? come on, the first thing to improve is your attention span and this site absolutely decimates it
>>
>>29649
Merging the boards seems to have blown away the chaff. We should keep it, or at least create an /si/
>>
/fit/ didn't start with the greeks

/fit/ ARE the greeks
>>
>>30283
How long until you have to burn it to keep yourself warm?
>>
>>29649
God damn she made some great videos
>>
File: blee.jpg (83KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
blee.jpg
83KB, 640x1136px
>>29649
true stoicism requires discarding any ideology as a whole
>absorb what is useful, discard the rest
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 319x158px
>>32851
>>
>>32851
>>
>>29864
I only read philosophy and I read about 1-2 hours a day. I've been doing this for a year.
>>
>>32851
>Greek meme ideology
Philosophy has been so much more developed since then.
>>
>>32897
>i only read philosophy 2.0
>you probably haven't heard about it
>my almonds are more activated than yours
>>
>>30283
Favourite philosopher/movement?
>>
File: lacan.jpg (20KB, 346x315px) Image search: [Google]
lacan.jpg
20KB, 346x315px
>>32897
> developed

Take a look at this faggot with enlightenment-era ideals of progress and evolution
>>
>>29649
I understand that my knowledge is useless unless I can pass at least some of it on.

At heart, I think a great deal of /lit/ wishes to teach. In the circlejerk of one-upsmanship, that becomes impossible, however. There is no kairos.

With the infusion of /fit/, /lit/ briefly became a kairotic space. Ideas were exchanged between eager, charged participants.

Frankly, I don't think there's any particular synergy between /fit/ and /lit/ -- it could have worked with just about any board that isn't a total cesspool. Heck, maybe even mlp would have sparked some good discussion, and the rest of 4chin would be making even more fun of us.
>>
>>31034
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBC9CT3dX3M
>>
>>31539
Until she got /fit/ and lost that little bit of thickness that made her special.
>>
>>29864
I read at least one philosophical book per year, one semi-philosophical and some articles now and then while having basic knowledge of philosophy I got in highschool (2 years, 4 intense hours per week
>>
>>29649
well, reading doesn't make you smart

thinking does

and thinking about what you do/learn/read does even more-so

but reading non stop and never looking back really doesn't help
>>
File: 1485591814486.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485591814486.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>33955
>lacan.jpg
Take a look at this faggot with past-century ideas of Freud and psychoanalysis
>>
File: guattarideleuze.jpg (52KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
guattarideleuze.jpg
52KB, 600x372px
>>34539

Peek a gander at this faggot thinking Lacan's primary contributions are commentary on Freud and psychoanalysis
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.