[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fight Gyms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: krav.jpg (152KB, 1901x1014px) Image search: [Google]
krav.jpg
152KB, 1901x1014px
So I'm looking to start at a fight gym near me. They offer krav maga, BJJ, judo, wrestling, and mui thai.

It comes out after all the fees etc. to equal about $150 a month, which is like three times what I am paying in gym membership right now.

Is this about the going rate for a fight gym? Seems steep. I'm not a poorfag but I don't want to get taken either.

Not looking to fight in tournaments or anything, just want to be able to kick ass if necessary in any SHTF/RaHoWa situation.
>>
Yeah, I pay $200/mo for the MMA gym I go to but we have a lot of high level fighters and legit pro instructors
>>
>>28659
seconded
>>
>>28659
is he grabbing his benis?
>>
That's pretty middle of the road these days. If the gym has fighters that actually compete that's a good sign. If it's one of those "burn calories! Family fun" atmospheres you're gunna be limited to the basics at best
>>
>>28707
Yeah, krav maga is all about gouging out peoples eyes and kicking them in the junk, ripping their ears off, shit like that.

Its basically dirty fighting systemized and refined to an art.
>>
>>28729
They do offer kids classes but thats definitely not the focus. Its in like a ghetto warehouse district of my city so its definitely not aspiring to be karate America or anything. The judo instructor is legit as fuck apparently, he was an olympic coach at one point.

The rest of them I donno.
>>
>>28659
Christ, I'm at a boxing gym and I pay $30 a month. I couldn't imagine paying your amount, and the only thing I need to bring is wraps.

I get that your gym is offering more, but if you just want self-defense, there are probably better options for you.
>>
>>28659
Krav Maga is a shitty meme. Just take wrestling or Muay Thai. They'll both serve you fine for self defense.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.