[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1412961127825.png (100KB, 269x304px) Image search: [Google]
1412961127825.png
100KB, 269x304px
What kinds of hobbies do you guys have?

I read and lift but they don't seem like "real" hobbies. I'd like to get a more interesting hobby but I don't even know where to start
>>
File: 55e9a5c9e5b1d.jpg (347KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
55e9a5c9e5b1d.jpg
347KB, 1600x900px
>>26762
Grappling. Also, artsy cinema, indie US/EU movies
>>
I also have just those hobbies. I think we should get in something more social. I used to go to some small "litersture gatherings" where a couple of old people talked about literature among other things, it was kind of akwward because i was only 16 at the time, they didnt saw me as a peer
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Cooking, growing bonsai, gardening, watching anime
>>
Masterbating and fucking your mom
>>
>>26762
>>26762
Music production, I originally just composed piano pieces,but now I focus on hip-hop .I.E lo-fi and boom-bap.
>>
>>26762
Rec rowing, curling club, biking, hiking, reading
>>
>>26762
Shooting, skiing, I also brew my own alcohol, ain't the best, but it's fun and it doesn't sound gay when you tell people about it
>>
>>26762
I've gotten into doing /aggydaggy/ recentlt. Super tedious and difficult but also a good learning experience.
>>
>>27038
>>27004
>>26962
>>26888
When you are saying 'I have a hobby', what does it mean in terms of time dedicated/week?
>>
>>26762
i draw and i'm actually good at it
i also make small video games and write comics
oh and i like all things science
>>
>>26841
>using the term artsy
>he thinks film is a hobby
>he thinks indie movies are good

Who let reddit in?
>>
>>27067
Anywhere from an hour a day to a few hours on the weekend, it's all about dedication and enjoyment.
>>
>>26762
Reading, vidya (>tfw), climbing, bouldering in particular. Its pretty social so you can meet some people, most chicks who do it are kinda fit.
Learning languages. Good for the brain and its pretty cool when you meet people who speak that language as well. Can be social
>>
I honestly wish i could dedicate more time to reading but between work and training i don't have the time. I'm either at work, eating until I almost vomit, practicing weightlifting or sleeping. This is literally my entire day. If I had the time I could maybe finish war and peace one of these days and also maybe catch up on some textbooks from uni since I'm still pretty new at my job and need to refresh my knowledge every now and then.
>>
>>27156
get audio books and listen to them when you drive or do cardio or stuff like that

I know a lot of people think it's "cheating" or something but it's really not. It's basically the same thing as reading; reading activates the same parts of the brain that listening does.
>>
>>26762
Get a hobby that's useful, like wood working, hunting, finance, programming, gardening, hiking, etc.

Start by browsing other boards on here.
>>
File: 1489609497889.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1489609497889.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>27132
I asked because most people have very limited time for hobbies, but typically say they have like 5 or 6 of them.

I constantly meet people who say their hobby is lifting, reading, running etc. but when you actually get to know them it turns out that they go to gym 2-3 times per month, barely read 1 book per month, it takes them over 60 minutes to complete 10 km run... It is sort of pathetic, like people don't actually love their hobbies.

I really enjoy my hobbies, and I have 3 of them: grappling, gym, and indie movies. I spend ~6hrs/week on grappling, 3hrs/week on gym, 3-4hrs/week on new movies. I have to plan my time gooby-style, in excel sheets to make sure I have time for everything.

I used to read and run a lot at some point, but then I realized that I lack focus, and it really stunts growth in my 'main' hobbies. I barely have time to read 1-2 books per month now, I also run half-marathons once per week. Literally don't have time for anything else.

How do you plan your hobbies lads?
>>
>>27459
Factoring 40 hours of work a week and sleeping 8 hours a night, subtracting your hobbies you have 59 hours a week that is free. Sounds like someone isn't allocating their time properly
>>
File: 1491097817821.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491097817821.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>27602
Here's my breakdown:
>50 hours for work
>56 for sleep
>13 on main hobbies
>14 for work commute
>2.1 for hobbie commute
>2 hrs for running
>10hrs/week for 'me' time (4chin, web surfing, finding new places in the city to eat or chill at)
>varies for groceries, cooking, cleaning
>varies for meeting with friends
I might have extra 5-10 hours/week (depending on schedule), true. But it's usually allocated inconveniently in between something. Usually I read or listen to music.
>>
>>27459

>Planning out your hobbies like they're a fucking job while complaining that other people enjoy their hobbies incorrectly

w e w
>>
>>26762
I'm into /tg/. Mostly tabletop miniature games. My main focus is miniature painting. The actual gaming is a pleasant divergence when I have time. I used to be really into the gaming aspect of it, going to tournaments and the like. But as I get more into a career the playtime suffers.
>>
>>27996
So you're one of those people who hate their job but still spend at least 40hrs/week there?

W E W
E
W

I see nothing wrong in planning you hobby time. In fact, I think it's pretty much mandatory if you're serious about it. It helps to enjoy the process uninterrupted, and enjoy good results at the end of the process.
>>
I like to race my BMX bike, play vidya, watch anime and read visual novels, collect figures, and collect vinyl records.
>>
>Cycling
>Hiking
>Running
>Anime
>Masturbating to hentai

I spend hours every day watching hentai/reading eromanga/etc., it's very pleasurable, like doing drugs but without the side effects. Endorphins for days.
>>
>>26762
Browse some niche 4chan boards and see which memes you enjoy and would like to experience.
Try actual sports so you can be smug IRL when talking about training.
>>
>>27806
Mine:
>56hours sleep
>23ish hours classes
>5 hours school commute
>rest for wasting my life doing nothing

Are u jelly yet
>>
>>27459
Those people are just lazy and addicted to the internet. As am I.

It's kind of sad people aren't as dedicated to their crafts as well as they used to be, but it's not a total loss, more of a trade-off, as a huge benefit to internet addiction is people are mostly more informed and aware of the world around them.

Mostly.
>>
>>26762
I ski
>>
Photography mostly, cameras make good conversation piece especially film cameras.

>tfw getting your negatives back

Plus it gets me out of the house on my days off. Dedicating your time to a craft is so satisfying and fulfilling I couldn't see myself going back to playing vidya all day again.
>>
>>26762
Other than reading and lifting, primitive living skills and... Making doom mods.

Spriting too, if that counts.
>>
Mostly just drawing, cooking and gardening if you don't count sitting down and enjoying media of some sort.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.