[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dude semicolons lmao!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

>dude semicolons lmao!
>>
Periods are for the weak.
>>
it says DICK haha XD!!
>>
File: Hepburn7_tp.jpg (57KB, 535x446px) Image search: [Google]
Hepburn7_tp.jpg
57KB, 535x446px
>>26745

>nah brah, it's dashes are dank lol
>>
>>26745
I loved the coffin scene with the black guy.
>>
File: ch.png (155KB, 1485x441px) Image search: [Google]
ch.png
155KB, 1485x441px
>>
>>26745
That's not To the Lighthouse
>>
>>26745
Currently reading Moby Dick. Didn't realise it was 200 pages of story and 300 pages of treatise on the whale hunting industry. Still enjoying learning about it though.
>>
>>26745

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zS7zaq7l5Q
>>
>>27013
same anon.
>>
>>26745
>can't handle semis
Bet your asshole clenches at dashes, too.
>>
>>27013
That was the weirdest thing to discover about Moby Dick.

>all that explanation of the uses of whale blubber
>>
>>26939
There are more semicolons in Mrs. Dalloway than most authors' entire collected works. I feel like Woolf just made up her own punctuation rules
>>
>>27273
>>27305

The full title is "Moby Dick, or, The Whale", and I think it makes more sense if you take it less to mean "The One Specific Whale" and more like "The Whale - A Study".
Not sure if it's what Melville intended but I think it's a good hypothesis.

Fuck I'm enjoying /fitlit/, never get to talk about what I'm reading on /fit/
>>
>>27318
Jesus christ, what is the point
>>
>>27013
>500 pages
wtf edition of Moby Dick is that
>>
File: IMG_1691.png (147KB, 572x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1691.png
147KB, 572x1000px
Uhuhuhu. Dick.
>>
File: mobydick.jpg (605KB, 1000x832px) Image search: [Google]
mobydick.jpg
605KB, 1000x832px
>>27447
Big fancy Barnes + Noble hardcover. It's kinda tacky but I like shiny things. Just checked the page count, 588.
pic related
>>
>>27606
That is one nice cover art
>>
>>27652
Yeah I held out reading it until I could get a pretty one.
Also
>the page edges are silvered : ^ )
>>
>>26745

Should I read Moby Dick or Crime and Punishment next?
>>
>>27437
I hadn't thought about it that way, I just assumed he was trying to tell people was a fucking whale was before there was widespread knowledge of it. but, still, yes, very enjoyable.

i'm liking how much the people still lurking enjoy each other, it's nice to see that
>>
File: pleiade-rousseau.jpg (187KB, 495x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pleiade-rousseau.jpg
187KB, 495x1000px
>>27677
Nice, here we have la pléiade that does golden trimmed pages but their covers are plain and boring
>>
>>27606
>B&N decadent shelfie attention whore edition
y'all be doin too much
>>27684
C&P will help mold you into the man you should be when it's time to approach Moby Dick
>>
File: pol.jpg (250KB, 689x1023px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
250KB, 689x1023px
Moby Dick is the autists top book since it's 50% narrative about mans hubris against nature and the self-destructive nature of revenge and 50% whale hunting manual.

It's in my top 3 desu lads

It also proves the virtue of doing rows and how your could stimulate the corpus while doing strenuous exercises.
>>
>>26745
I had to stop reading moby dick. It was too boring. The only good thing about the book was Queequeg.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.