[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMPORTANT: After and if the merges end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1466101744681.jpg (2MB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1466101744681.jpg
2MB, 4961x3508px
First of all I'm gonna create a thread on /qa/ to make sure this board remains. If hotpockets decides to kill it and create those boards again, filled with shitposts, nonfunny memes and no useful advice in anything, I propose will shall make a /fitlit/ general on both boards with cross link to the other thread on the other board, using this image as OP. In this thread we write the pastebin for the general, and create new images for the new OP.
>>
>>24493
based
literally ubermensch threads
havent been this excited about /lit/ since that reading group boom we had at roundabout
>>
>>24524
*roundabout christmas
>>
>>24493
That list hurts my eyes, congrats.
>Hugo
>Mishima
>Antigone instead of Oedipus Rex
>Sun Tzu
>Dickens
>Hemmmmmmmmmingway
>>
>>24524
>>24551
Yeah good isn't it? I used to read a lot, and I tried /lit/ but it genuinely disgusted me, many threads made by subhuman cucks with no strive for improving themselves. Then /fit/ became the same, almost no-fitness related thread, only shaming thread, genetics, all this bullshit. We will survive, brothers. We will create a new era
>>
>>24587
Then help us create a better one for the new /fitlit/ general. Or expand the already present one. Use the same style, both graphical and both in why literature is better than self-help books, explaining in brief every book
>>
>>24493
>on both boards with cross link
Alternate which board gets the content, the other thread should just be a pointer. No reason to split up content
>>
>>24587
Those are great introductions to lit for people who didn't read before
>>
>>24638
Good Idea. Whenever a thread 404, we create it on the other board-
>>
>>24493
What the fuck that list fucking sucks. Get out of my /fit/ DYEL faggot.
>>
/qa/ thread about this
>>>/qa/1200571
>>
>>24649
I'm not saying they should throw Ulysses in it.
>>24634
>Iliad (Fagles translation for ease of reading)
>WaP
>Crime and Punishment
>Moby Dick
>Madame Bovary
>Swann's Way
>Fictions by Borges
>Dom Quixote
>Decameron
>Sorrows of Young Werther
>Kokoro
>Dream of the Red Chamber
>Barrabas (Par Lagerkvist)
>The Erasers (Alain Robbe Grillet)
>The Recognitions (might want to take this out)
Should have good variety and ease of reading (hardest on the list are probably the Recognitions and the Erasers). Other anons can probably better it a bit more.
>>
>>24840
Give us an explaination for every book
>>
>>24902
>>24840
Keep in mind this is supposed to be for /fitlit/, meaning it must correlate to the "improve yourself" or "greek/warrior body" mentality
>>
>>24902
>Iliad
Obvious desu.
>WaP
Obvious desu. Also baby's first doorstopper.
It's also in the original.
>Crime and Punishment
It's longer than Notes, but it's also easier.
Essentially, WaP and CaP are the fundamentals for Russian literature, so branching out is easier.
>Moby Dick
Best book to come out of the US to date, fairly easy, in OP's pic, teaches you how to recognize allegories plainly.
>Madame Bovary
Greatest mark in Realism, also easy.
>Swann's Way
Easiest book of the main modernists. Could be replaced by To the Lighthouse or As I Lay Dying.
>Fictions
Short and sweet. Also a good way to leave fantasy and start actual literature.
>Dom Quixote
Obvious.
>Decameron
Second greatest book to come out of Italy, the first being the Divine Comedy. Since the latter is fairly fucking hard, well.
>SoYW
Pretty much single handedly starts Romantism.
>Kokoro
Greatest book to come out of Japan
>DotRC
Greatest book to come out of China.
>Barrabas
Easy as fuck and best book to leave Sweden.
>Erasers
It's experimental, but it's still rather light.
>Recognitions
It requires some memory, but that's that. A mark in Post-modernism. Not on the scale of GR, but GR is pretty hard.
>>24997
Tbh I saw your post with half the reasoning written.
>>
/ÜBERBOARD/
>/ÜBERBOARD/
/ÜBERBOARD/
>/ÜBERBOARD/
/ÜBERBOARD/
>/ÜBERBOARD/
/ÜBERBOARD/
>/ÜBERBOARD/

How can other boards even compete?
>>
>>24493
shit tier list
should keep the superior lit favorite 2017 + all nietzsche's works
>>
>>25142
this list > op
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.