[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /fitlit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: 1481737927375.jpg (65KB, 640x323px) Image search: [Google]
1481737927375.jpg
65KB, 640x323px
Well, /fitlit/?
>>
>>23804
Information is information. Ebook is handier, though. Personally, I use a smart phone or PC. most of the time.
>>
File: what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg (13KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg
13KB, 300x285px
checkmate
>>
>>23804
Physical books lead to gains.
>>
>>23804
Depends. Physical books can be used for lifting, but ebooks are good for cardio on a treadmill or stationary bicycle.
>>
File: 1476350841388.jpg (95KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1476350841388.jpg
95KB, 800x532px
>>23854
>he listens to Aristotle on his commute
>>
Depends on your needs. I travel a lot so eBooks are better for me.
>>
physical books have mass to them, you can lift them and read them.
>>
>>23864
This.
>>
I like to flip back and forth to reread hard passages
>>
Ebook. So much more convenient to buy, pirate, read, store.
>>
eBook take away your /lit/ gains plebs
>>
The only bad thing about eBooks is the fear of dropping them and fucking them up.
Read the entire Plato works on a kobo, if I had to read that in books I'd have had to either carry around a gigantic book or deal with a shitload of small books.
>>
Print books have a special, nostalgic and cozy feeling to them. Preferred over breakable screen.
>>
Ebooks equivalent to smith machines
>>
>>23804
Ebooks fit in my gym bag better
>>
I listen to audiobooks of fiction, but read non-fiction

print book obviously
>>
Ebooks are the equivalent of vaping

Audio books are sucking dick for crack
>>
>>23804
Ebooks would be better than legacy books if you could scroll through them. I'd read more ebooks than physical books if I got to do that. Having to flip through virtual pages is annoying, and has none of the advantages that flipping through a real book does.
>>
>>23804
prefer print, but convenience is king, e-book
>>
File: book squats.jpg (173KB, 980x650px) Image search: [Google]
book squats.jpg
173KB, 980x650px
>>23804
Print books,definitely
>>
File: 1489755504244.png (80KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1489755504244.png
80KB, 230x219px
>muh convience
oh yes all those times when i needed all my books with me instead of the one i actually want to read

just as many times as my real book ran out of battery

the only reason to own a kindle if if you are a poorfag and steal shitty editions from the internet
>>
Ebooks because backlit screen
>>
File: Frog Tech.jpg (84KB, 794x685px) Image search: [Google]
Frog Tech.jpg
84KB, 794x685px
>>23804
Print. Even the nice kindles work my eyes to read.
>>
>>23804
print book is superior.
>>
File: 1488469217283.jpg (50KB, 393x462px) Image search: [Google]
1488469217283.jpg
50KB, 393x462px
kindle master race
>>
>>24577
>the only reason to own a kindle if if you are a poorfag and steal shitty editions from the internet
So that's basically all of us. The convenience of piracy trumps all of the negative aspects of e-reading tenfold. If I had spare cash, I would buy all of my books in physical form, but alas.
>>
>>23804
E-book a shit. Makes my eyes dry, hard to read outdoors because sun will hit the screen. Also batteries are a thing, and they tend to run out.

I enjoy reading and working out because it lets me zone out. I'm a programmer so can't stand any electronics during my free time.
>>
>>24588
Have fun destroying your eyes.
>>
ereader
>lightweight, easily portable (read on train, stationary at gym, etc)
>internal dictionaries
>easy to pirate books
>change font size
>>
>>24577
kindles are easier and comfier to read in bed, no problems with lighting, no bookmark problems, and can store my entire library in one item.

I moved a lot during the recession, and having to get a fuggin uhaul just for your books is gay as aids.

furthermore, if you actually read, you'd know a typical paperback can be read like 3-4 times max before its complete trash. I buy a kindle verison, i got it forever.
>>
I really really hate ebooks. Somebody gifted me a Kindle for Christmas and I still haven't opened it.
>>
>>24750
...then how do you know you hate it?
>>
>>24687
I actually got pretty great hand me down from my grandfather. Physical books are proven to stand the test of time. I like the idea of leaving my collection behind for someone else to enjoy after i pass away.

Also you can buy used books in good condition for pretty cheap for example if someone has passed away and they are selling their estate.
Also you can sometimes find some money stashed away between the pages if you get lucky.
>>
>>24772

I just hate the concept of an ebook.
>>
>>24794
>this guy thinks modern books aren't designed from paper and ink to self destruct in 7 years

oh boy are you in for a surprise
>>
I like to hollow out books and hide guns, knives and drugs in there
>>
File: kao.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
kao.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
Is the Kobo Aura ONE the GOAT ebook reader? Its pricy but it seems that its literally almost the end game for ebook readers.

>large high DPI screen
>built in color shifting night mode
>Overdrive support
>waterproof
>lightweight
>built in WiFi
>no ads like Swindle

If it had an SD slot it would be absolutely perfect.
>>
>>24823
I don't buy that many modern books. I have noticed that the quality is a lot lower with certain publishers but fortunately i haven't ran into any problems.

Reminds me of this disc rot thing i heard from a friend of mine who got scared his cd-collection would get damaged by itself.
>>
>>23804
Print book.
That way you can't just switch tab and lurk on /pol/ and /fit/
>>
>>24850
Like a smuggler's bible?
>>
>>24998
yes
>>
File: vomit.jpg (46KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
46KB, 640x432px
>>23842
>Personally, I use a smart phone or PC. most of the time
>>
>>23804
print books are more convenient to me
>>
>>23804

>buy physical book
>come back 10 years later
>it's still there

>ebook
>read it and delete it
>it's lost in a nether of my memories

I just like having a growing visual representation of all the books i have read over the years, that's why I will never touch an e-reader
>>
>>25271
I use my PC to read, too.

Puke more. It turns me on.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.