[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who has given up fitness anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
A brief summary
>14-15 years old, started growing incredibly insecure about my skinny physique
>Any insults about how skinny I was crushed me
>I start working out at 16
>At 18, I've filled out a bit more. 6'0 180lbs.
>I am so into working out. My motivation is insane. I wake up at 5am and hit the gym before school, and I ate bland chicken and rice for almost every meal
>"I'm going to be a jacked 40 year old, while all the other guys have out of shape bodies" I thought to myself
>Hit some pretty decent strength feats
>225lb bench, 375lb deadlift, 315lb squat, 160lb overhead press
>At 21 I started working electrical and going to school.
>I could only work out 3 times a week because of how tiring my job was mixed with my school load
>By 23 my lifts went down drastically. I just didn't care anymore. I wasn't following a proper routine, I wasn't setting goals in the gym, I was just exercising at that point, not training. I was more concerned about making and saving money.
>I'm 25 now and I'm a journey man and run a side business and this year I will have made $90k
>I haven't worked out since February
>I still stay in shape because of my job, and I still go outside and do stuff like hiking, skiing, biking.
>But I don't give a shit about hitting the gym, pre workout, protein, getting in enough calories, eating healthy foods. I don't pay attention to any of that anymore
>And I feel so much happier in life
>All that insecurity that comes packed in with hitting the gym is gone. I take my shirt off at the beach now and don't give a shit, and I don't look half as good as I used too.
>tfw you're not a slave to the artificial "fitness" industry anymore, and all the bullshit products and marketing and false science that comes with it

AMA.
>>
>>42887232
How many dicks do you suck every night?
>inb4 I'm not a huge faggot
>>
>>42887232
Current body pics
>>
But you don't have to give a shit about pre workouts, getting enough calories or protein. The people who do, that benefits them, but for the people who don't, they can still make gains.

All you've done is become lazy and complacent about it, nor did you ever get anywhere with your fitness goals.

I work sometimes well over 80 hours a week. When I get home, I dedicate 2 hours a day to my workout at my homegym and that's it on every day off. All I do is eat a little bit more and eat a little bit more protein, and I still make gains though not as much as when I weighed 30 pounds more on a pure bulk.

I fucking love working out. I love looking better. And it's work that disgusts me. Sounds like you fell for every meme under the radar and think you had to hit all the checkmarks and that burned you out. Now you're happier with your shit body because you can't think for yourself so you just quit completely.
>>
>>42887232
The biggest mistake people make when they start lifting is that they make lifting their entire life, you're doing good op
>>
Do you think your younger self would be disappointed in you?
>>
>>42887267

>>42887321
No current body pics right now. To lazy to upload them from my phone.

>>42887362
For sure. I know first hand. It did become my life from 18-20. I just finished school. I just wanted to hangout and have an extra long "summer vacation" that ended up lasting a year and a half, and all I did was wake up, eat, gym, eat, think about my meals later, calculated my marcos to make sure I hit them all, ate, ate again, thought about my next meal, ate, stressed that it was 9pm and I still had to eat my 6th meal, but it was late at night and I was tired but I stayed up anyways and force fed a sixth meal down my throat.

>>42887366
Yes. But my younger self is an insecure, self conscious kid. I wouldn't care about my younger selfs opinion.
>>
>>42887232
>pretty decent strength feats
>225 bench 160 ohp 315 squat 375 deadlift

you reached literally beginner level lifts lmao
>>
>>42887468
How do I become less insecure
>>
>>42887523
So beginner level isn't a strength feat then?
>>
>>42887550
I need to know a few things first
>age
>employment status
>are you enrolled in school
>how many times a week do you workout
>what is your current physique
>>
>>42887562
no, not at all
>>
>>42887578
>315lb squat at 180lbs isn't a feat of strength

Thanks for letting us know not to take your posts seriously anymore.
>>
>>42887232
I hope you do return to fitness eventually OP, it'll make dealing with your middle and old age quite a bit easier because muscle loss can become such an issue. I congratulate you on what sounds like a life being lived to the fullest possible extent. I hope I can turn around my life and live long enough to appreciate it.
>>
>>42887603
it's not a feat of strength, it's a beginner level lift

for someone who took the gym as seriously as you claim you took it (>muh motivation I wake up at 5am before school muh bland chicken), your lifts were an absolute joke and you were right to give up with those kinds of results
>>
>>42887468

>no current body pics.. t-too lazy

Lmao just kill yourself idiot. You made this thread to help yourself cope with the fact that you are too weak to continue on the path of self improvement. It's pathetic that you are convincing yourself that it's okay but it's even more pathetic that you are trying to convince other people improving themselves that they are wasting their time or that they would be happier if they just gave up like your weak ass.
>>
>>42887523
>>42887578
>>42887639
>>42887660
>insecure skinny kids jealous that they aren't getting results so they lash out at people stronger than them

What's even sadder is you won't even post a selfie of yourself with a time stamp. So we can laugh at your frail body. Now THAT would be funny.
>>
>>42887721
fucking owned.
>>
>>42887603
It's okay. It's not good though. Squatting 4 plate a 180 is pretty good. 4.5-5 plate is a feat of strength worth bragging about.

I squat 4.5 plate at 193. I recognize it as good, but it's not really all that great. 3 plate sure as fuck isn't a feat of strength worth bragging about. Rippetoe had Zach squatting like 335x5 within 6-7 months of training.
>>
>>42887232
You do you m8.

After crawling my way up from skelly, watching my gains fade away sounds like hell.
>>
>>42887232
>>225lb bench, 375lb deadlift, 315lb squat, 160lb overhead press
>after 6 years
I probably would have quit to.
>>
>>42887232

>I care so little about fitness I spend my saturday night talking to people about it on an Taiwanese anime forum board

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>42887780
OP here. Seriously I don't get why everyone is hung up over 315lb squat. I worked out one body part a week because I wanted my other leg days to be cardio focused, sprints, hill runs, etc. I never claimed 315lb is impressive, although I do believe it is a strength feat, even if it is a beginner one. If you disagree, I don't really care. I'm happy with it and I felt strong as hell. I didn't know about SS back then, and if I did, I'm not sure I would have done it because I really wanted to be in athletic shape and not just strong.
>>
>>42887577
>>age
>>employment status
lol
>>are you enrolled in school
no
>>how many times a week do you workout
>>what is your current physique
shit
>>
>>42887780
>335lbs in 6-7 months
>What are genetics
>What are athletic backgrounds
>"Hurr durr. 4.5plates is more respectable than 315lbs!! hurr durr! " - stating the obvious for some reason
>"3 plate isn't a feat of strength" - oh, you're same fagging

What is the point of this post exactly? T
>>
>>42887578
>>42887780
Yeah bros. I hit 315lb squat in the first 4 weeks of lifting. All these weak dyel faggots. I would have quit too. I also started off bicep curling 40lbs and after only a month of heavy training was doing chinups with 120lbs wrapped around my waist for 12 reps. Beginner numbers, I know, but I'm hoping in 3 years I will be able to do chin ups with 315lbs for 3 sets of 10.
>>
>>42887361
>All you've done is become lazy and complacent

It's true, mate. You haven't achieved some higher level of competence or realization.
>>
>>42887232
>you lost interest because you took it too seriously
Just lift as a hobby and make sure you eat decently. If you're not going to compete there's no point getting autistic about it.
>>
>>42887232
How does it feel like knowing it took you 2 years to hit lifts most people who aren't retarded hit within 6 months?
>>
>>42887764
Stop samefagging OP everyone already knows you're a loser
>>
>>42887232
>pretty fit
>didn't even hit 1/2/3/4
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.