[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best bench routines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502106516303.jpg (458KB, 535x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502106516303.jpg
458KB, 535x1200px
fitizens with a 300+ bench, how'd you get there? What routines did you follow? What routines work well for bringing up bench?

After I finish up my linear progression program I was thinking of starting up either one of Greg Nuckols' 2 or 3x a week routines or Joe Defranco's ws4sb.
>>
>>42883914
I just added weight to the bar every week and made sure I was getting enough protein. Got 225 within 2 months starting from barely being able to do 135x10. 315 came after about 6 months or so. It's about pushing yourself to your physical limit every time you go. This applies to any lift. Push yourself as hard as you can go. Having a good spotter who can help you force reps can help as well.
>>
>>42885023
Damn, you did linear progression all the way to 315? I'm starting to peter out at like 225
>>
>>42885268
This
>>
>>42885268
Yes. Progressive tension overload is the way to go dude. You just have to go all out. I mean I definitely stalled when I got to that point, but I'm on year 5 now of lifting seriously and I've gotten that max to 370 at the most with clean form. Just start your lifts with heavy compounds and then as you move toward the middle/end of your routine start doing isolation movements. Get the best of both worlds. And I cannot stress this enough, but get your protein in. When bulking, .8-1.2 grams per pound of body weight should be sufficient. This amount should increase when cutting to preserve lean mass
>>
>>42883914
Overload. I had a good friend that i trusted. We would load 340 lbs on to the bar. Then slowly lower it. Obviously we couldnt get it back up so the spotter would help. Get used to feeling that kind of weight and the fight it takes to stabilize on the way down. Then after awhile of that 315 becomes easy(er). I was at around 275 lbs bench when we began this nonsense. Also, once i did hit 315, i completly stopped carong about going up in weight
>>
>>42885317
And I never really thought anything of it other than, "this is my goal, and I'm going to get to it if it kills me." I'd say I spend around 1.5 hours on average 5-6 days a week in the weight room. Bump that up to 2 if I include cardio
>>
>>42885336
This is a good method. Hitting the eccentric portion of a movement is an excellent way to train to become stronger in that movement
>>
>>42885023
Body pic?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.