[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much education do I need to become a personal trainer? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 275x183px
How much education do I need to become a personal trainer? Do I need to go to school?
>>
>>42882780
If you can do 1/2/3/4 and know basic fitness knowledge (sticky) then your good
>>
drop a few hundred bucks on some online courses and sprinkle some snake oil bullshit into your suggested "routines" and you'll be good to go.
>>
most important thing is to be in shape. hell, some places will hire you if you just have that along side good people skills

next thing to have is a cert that can be gained in literally one weekend. PT certs are a joke. but it's good to have, most places require this really. and if you don't have one they will probably have you get one, out of their pocket. so having one already is good for them.

after that nothing really matters. if you have fancy boy college schoolings that's a bonus but not needed since being a PT is very easy.
>>
>>42882780
Based on what I've seen at my local gym:

>IQ somewhere around room temperature
>Ability to parrot Bodybuilding.com forums
>Allergic reaction to barbells
>>
>>42882780
If you live in the US of A, seemingly almost none, everywhere else 4-5 years worth of education, I guess. Like other said, just be in shape.
>>
>>42882791
>>42882801
Would you go for ACE or a different cert?
>>
>>42882924
I don't know anything about that stuff. Try asking around to local gyms what certs they prefer their PTs to have, or just where their PTs got their certs.
>>
>>42882780

Honestly, as someone who has worked with clientele before, it's not so much about what you know it's about how well you can retain clients. If you're more interesting to be around and have good client building and sales skills you'll be a more effective PT.

Getting someone to show up to 100 lame jazzercise workouts will do more good for their body than having them do heavy deadlifts 10 times
>>
>>42882953
Elaborate? Are you saying have them do some bs exercises they CAN do easy without too much discomfort over having them do real work they won't like?
>>
>>42883090

I thought what I had said was pretty easy to understand
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.