[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop fucking dropping the bar on my heavy deadlifts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1499342495300s.jpg (5KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499342495300s.jpg
5KB, 235x250px
How do I stop fucking dropping the bar on my heavy deadlifts?

I have no problem getting it up but the bar always slides through my hands when I reach the top. It's really awkward.

I use a double overhand grip. I've heard shitty things about mixed grips and that they promote muscle imbalances. Is this true? Or is mixed grip fine?
>>
mixed grip is fine, just alternate hands to solve imbalance. this can be annoying since it means odd number of sets with still cause it. you have to remember what hand position you used last set last deadlift session if you did say 5x5
if you don't wanna fuck with that, time to do bar holds to improve grip strength so you can hold onto the bar you little girl
>>
>>42882722

Whenever someone starts going on about MUH MUSCLE IMBALANCES, that's usually a signal to go ahead and tune out.

Mixed grip is fine. Just be sure that your elbows are extended completely before you start to pull, or you could hurt your bicep
>>
>>42882722
straps
hook grip
train your forearms more
>>
double overhand for as many reps as possible, then just switch to mixed grip
>>
>>42882751
this is the only time i will ever utter this phrase

figjam is right

if you have bigger hands you can learn hook grip too, and if you don't plan to compete just pull with straps and train your grip separately with static holds
>>
>>42882785
Chalk might help too
>>
>>42882814
yeah chalk goes without saying, it's a prerequisite for heavy pulling
>>
>>42882722
hook grip

RIP your thumbs
>>
Just use chalk and start warming up with hook grip anon. After a couple of sessions you get used to the slight pain and then it's just liberating to be able to grip the bar without having to remember which hand was pronated last time or to bring straps.
>>
>>42882876
Setting up doesn't take nearly as long as with the other alternatives either.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.