[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clean & Jerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: weightlifting-fail.jpg (59KB, 590x374px) Image search: [Google]
weightlifting-fail.jpg
59KB, 590x374px
Why the FUCK does this move exist?

It's so fucking risky and easy to fuck it up, why not just do squat/bench/deadlift? Why do you need this gimmick meme move?
>>
you dont need this move unless you want to be good at oly lifting
>>
Because getting it completely right with such a heavy amount of weight is more impressive than a squat/bench/deadlift

It takes timing, precision, strength, and speed all at once

You might as well say "Wow football is so dangerous why do people still play it? They're all tackling each other somebody could really get hurt there"
>>
>>42879736
that same guy later won the gold medal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssO92BNsJc

it's all about not being a pussy and giving up
>>
>>42879736
One is done by elite athletes while the other 3 are done in retard olympics and commercial gyms.
You tell me which one is superior.
>>
>>42879736
>It's so fucking risky and easy to fuck it up
guess how i know youre a dyel
>>
>>42879763
isn't the OP picture from either 2012 or 2016 where he fugged the snatch up? Not even a clean and jerk. And yes, he's a former gold medalist, but isn't in the sport anymore - he has retired and now weighs under 105 kg, also sings classic german songs.
also >>42879760, C&J and Snatch are moves that require technique, explosivity AND strength.
>>
>>42879736
>clean and jerk
picture shows a snatch fail
>>
>>42879791
Why do crossfit people do clean and jerk?
>>
>>42879736
well unless you're gonna do some sort of ugly dangerous continental clean it's the only way to get a barbell (or similar object) from floor to overhead.
>>
Eating with a knife is risky, you could cut yourself. You get it, right? If you use Weight you probably can't control and move then you'll cut yourself
>>
>>42879736
If you're doing lifts for training, you're basically right - you don't need it. Weightlifting is a sport, though, and the technique involved in olympic lifts makes it a lot more interesting in a competitive setting than powerlifting, at least for spectators.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.