[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: get a load of this guy.jpg (11KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
11KB, 240x260px
so I've been wanting to lose weight for a while, but i cannot find the motivation. i'm not a lard-ass but i'm bigger than most my friend group. if i were to guess i'd say 235lb (i don't have a scale in my house). if i was taller i'd be in the clear. however i'm only about 5'8 again just guessing because we don't have any means of measure in the house.

it'd probably help if i told you a little about my personality so to help with motivation ideas. i'm Conservative, nihilist, introvert. it's gonna be pretty difficult to get motivation. i can post more about myself if needed.
>>
>nihilist

Stop with this weak ass shit.

What gets me to exercise is thinking about friends that I would like to make more than friends, I start thinking about a future with them, maybe it's delusion but i'll never know if I try and I'll never try if I know I look like a melting marshmallow.

Use girls to motivate
If that doesn't work then think about who you want to be.

When thinking of girls doesn't work I think of all the good I can do for others when I'm actually strong.
>>
you dont need motivation, just get up and go

after a few sessions itll be habit anyway
>>
File: no.png (146KB, 342x326px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
146KB, 342x326px
Funny story:

>Be me
>Want to get healthier so I start running before dawn (I lived in a mountain town so 6 AM was before dawn)
>Invite friend
>Go to a back street since a nice breeze blows through from the mountains
>See a taxi parked on the side of the road
>See two girls, clearly drunk stumble out as well as three guys
>We pass by with no real issue
>Hear shuffling behind me
>See one of the girls pushed against the grass curb on the side of the road
>Her friend is calling for help
>One guy gets on top of the girl on the grass
>I stop and look behind me
>Stand there for a minute, lump in my throat
>I felt weak, and this burn of anger and guilt inside me.
>Friend tells me there's nothing we can do
>Eventually swallow, nod, and turn around
>We finish our run and head home

I have no idea what happened to those women, I just wish that I could have done something. The guilt motivates me mostly, also the desire to be strong and skilled enough to do something more should that situation ever come up again.
>>
>>42875863
>>42876808
I hate this thread
>>
File: 1502136647861.png (172KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
1502136647861.png
172KB, 335x525px
>>42875863
>>42875863
Stop using motivation you faggot.

Trying to use motivation to lose weight is like trying to warm a house up with a firecracker.

Get up, go.
>>
If you spend all your time looking for motivation, you'll watch your whole life pass you by. Get up and go for a walk
>>
>>42876768
This, so much this.
>>
>>42875863
Just become a vegan. There's fuck all you can eat as one
>>
File: IMG_3758.png (686KB, 540x1198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3758.png
686KB, 540x1198px
>>42875863
Motivation is good, but it requires a pretty constant flow to keep itself going. It needs results, fast. Become disciplined instead. Learn to put the fork down, save food for later, throw it away, whatever it takes. You'll only feel better if you learn to have a healthy diet and daily exercise. Self discipline is key, motivation helps, but isn't necessary to succeed. Stop using """"charcteristics"""" like nihilist and conservative as an excuse, excuses are the fat fuck's defence mechanism to avoid responsibility.

Also, 235lb at 5'8" is over 30 BMI, almost 36, which is obese.
>>
>>42879533
Ironically i'm going to steal this Christian meme
>>
Motivation is external. Willpower comes from inside you. You ain't gonna make it without willpower.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.