[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people recommend working out every other day and keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: img-2[1].jpg (45KB, 729x423px) Image search: [Google]
img-2[1].jpg
45KB, 729x423px
Why do people recommend working out every other day and keep your workouts less than an hour or 50-40 minutes?

> Arnold Schwarzenegger fucking worked out daily for hours.

> Bruce Lee fucking worked out daily for hours.

Stop giving stupid advice. I know it sounds nice to say it but it's just theory. In practice it's different. You won't get anywhere if you don't push yourself out.
>>
>>42872466
can this be achieved naturally?
>>
>>42872466
Ah yes, the classic

>it worked for this one guy who happened to become the best in the World, so it must be the surefire way for any average Joe to accomplish the same thing

I think it's you who just have a theory. And it's a dumb one.
>>
>>42872466
They also had active lives outside of their multiple hour and very strenuous daily workouts. AND they were working out in the fucking 70's.

They were both on steroids and cocaine.
And as you know, steroids and cocaine have been the drug combo of choice for bodybuilders and fitness guys ever since the time of Sandow.

As a natty. You should lower the amount of time you spend strenuously exercising. You can get away with multiple hour workouts if you don't do it for very long like for a month or so, and do very little else and keep your calories high and stress levels low.

But beyond that, you're going to end up injured and fucked and have to take a few days OR WEEKS off and fully recoup and rest and refeed to rebuild.

Trust me.
I was a huge as fuck natural who did little more then train read about training play sports sleep and eat.
That's fucking all.
>>
File: smv.jpg (210KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
smv.jpg
210KB, 600x900px
>>42872506
semi naturally
>>
because "muh time constraints"
>proceeds to go home and binge watch GoT
>>
File: extreme_bodybuilder_02[1].jpg (82KB, 306x390px) Image search: [Google]
extreme_bodybuilder_02[1].jpg
82KB, 306x390px
>>42872506

Why not?
>>
>>42872466

That advice is for natties not dudes blasting copious amount of roids like Arnold.
>>
>>42872591

I don't think Bruce Lee was into droids... Working out all day for hours...
>>
>>42872561
is this guy natty?
>>
just an excuse for dyels to not have to do any work

look at football players practicing for 3 hours 4 days a week plus a game -- overtraining is a MEME
>>
>>42872591
>Arnold
>not natty
kys you disrespectful cunt
>>
>>42872711
training =/= working out
>>
>>42872711
Bruce Lee was very light, only lifted relatively light weight, and snapped his shit at 30 years old doing Good Mornings. Just because he "worked out" all day didn't mean he lifted, yet alone lifted heavy, all day.
>>
>>42872764
Playing fucking football isn't the same as lifting, you dipshit.
>>
>>42872764
this, faggots do 3 series of legpress, run for 10 minutes on threadmill and call that a leg day
>>
>>42872776

Where did his fucking strength came from if he didn't fucking lift?
>>
>>42872741
I laughed harder at this than I should have
>>
>>42872781
you're right, it's way more stressful and yet plenty of athletes can do it day in and day out
>>
>>42872466
An hour a day, 6-7 days a week is plenty good. Unless you're single, have no kids, and nothing to live for.

Oh wait.... I forgot where I was. Uh yes anons, workout for 4 hours every day. You'll be huge. Just like weight lifter Bruce Lee.
>>
File: 1504956318316.jpg (23KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
1504956318316.jpg
23KB, 604x311px
>>42872466
>having a job
>raising a family
>having hobbies
>making a living
>etc

Jesus Christ, sometimes I wonder why I am still coming to this shithole full of NEETs.
>>
>>42872764
Do you mean highschool and college players?
The former who are teen boys at the peak of their test levels and have FUCK ALL ELSE to do in their lives and the latter who are the same except they have easier access to steroids and stimulants?

Anon, you're not even trying.
>>
>>42872841
excuses, excuses
>>
File: goodjobyouturd.jpg (38KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
goodjobyouturd.jpg
38KB, 800x504px
>>42872841
>football
>muh college uni league american "'""football""" pls give free tuition I am ape and carry this eggball all day round
>not jogo bonito
>>
>>42872860
I was both anon.
I did the multiple hour a day training and 2-3 hour workouts when i wasn't practicing and had the energy to do 30 minutes of sprints at night.

I was sick constantly
I was too tired to do anything except sleep all day and eat and study and workout.

I was 285lbs with about 15-20% bodyfat and I absolutely refused to drink anything with caffeine in it and hated any simple sugars that did't come from fruit juice or actual food.
Because of fears of impotence later in life
I had no energy to do anything.
At all.
I could walk and bike only if it was high intensity stuff and I could rest for a few hours after.

Anon.
There is a reason why stimulant and simple sugar use, no, abuse, is so prevalent in larger people. Both muscular and just fat.
>>
File: zdg0z_s-200x150.gif (467KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
zdg0z_s-200x150.gif
467KB, 200x150px
>>42872831
tbqh fun to watch
>>
>>42872832
Becouse you have nothing to do in your free time. You could be lifting, though, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>42872912
>285lbs with about 15-20% bodyfat
for the love of god please unironically post pic at 15%
>>
People who work out for many hours a day are usually doing it to achieve a skill and endurance.
Lifting for an hour a day means your going to be able to pick very heavy things up for about an hour.
Practing 6 hours a day at the beginning of football season gets you the endurance and cardio vascular health and good form on a hitting dummy and in your stance

Training for long days isnt going to give you big muscles, its going to get you fit
>>
>>42872907
And the apes who run around a field kicking a kickball are any better?
You scum get national accolades easy money from endorsements and to keep your senses while american football players are broken down mentally ruined wrecks who have to sing and dance for only a small portion of the entire damned world.
>>
ive been lifting for 10 years on and off. at first i drank the fit koolaid so hard i thought SS type training was the ultimate fitness tool. these 5 past years ive tried doing more cardio, frequency, bodybuilder type splits, and honestly working out every day and doing more cardio than lifting is much much much better for your aesthetics and fitness

mark rippetoe is a fucking clown
>>
>>42872820
bodyweight exercises for strength
>>
File: fat-scoo7.jpg (40KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
fat-scoo7.jpg
40KB, 338x450px
>>42872978
they are not, but using the word football for totally different sport which has nothing to do with foot+ball triggers me, why not at least handball??
and why don't you call pic related american bobsleigh?
>>
>>42872466
Bruce lee died early, Arnoldo was on roids
>>
>>42872466
You fail to realize both at on steroids.
>>
>>42872466
bruce lee was a fucking 120lb dyel that took steroids and never fought anyone worth a damn in his life.
>>
>>42873006
>it took him 10 years to realize strength training and aesthetics training are different
>thinks rippletits is the clown

oh boy
>>
>>42872466
Because I have a life.
>>
>>42873088
>>42873107
>lee was on roids
Must have been some shitty roids desu if you look at his body.
>>
>>42873185
Yeah because his only goal while on them was to get lean and veiny. Hardly ever lifted weights.
Compare this pic to his earlier stuff, his delts were softer and flat before even though he trained harder back then
>>
The reccomendation is to only work out a few days a week OR an hour a day. They key is to give muscles 48 hours rest, but if you're doing a split or ppl or whatever, fuck it, hit the gym 6 days a week who gives a shit.

Also, arnold was on test. Anabolic steroids dramatically improve recovery rate
>>
>>42874120
Oh, and most of Bruce's training was cardio and bodyweight stuff, not heavy lifting. Which is why he never got very big, even for a manlet
>>
>>42872466

Cause you'll overtrain yourself or get sick/injured in no time.

Also arnold did steroids, if you do steroids go ahead, lift heavy every single day.
>>
>>42872466
why do people recommend joining adult league hockey?

>Wayne Gretzky practiced 6 days a week and played in the NHL
>Alex Ovechkin is from russia

Stop making stupid category errors.
>>
>>42873053
Thats's the name it's always had, blame the brits. Football started evolving into multiple sports and futbol was called association football, which later got bastardized into soccer. I'm sorry people in the past didn't take your autism into consideration.
>nothing to do with foot+ball
Confirmed for never seeing a game of football.
>>
>>42872466
Lmao shut the fuck up, bruce lee went to snap city because he overtrained and arny is only alive because of heart surgery and shit tons of money
>>
>>42872506
No
>>
>>42874175
Even then no bc you'll fuckup your joints or tear a bicep
>>
>>42872542
Sandow was natty you faggot
>>
File: 1458425424274.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458425424274.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>42873185

He probably did mostly body weight, never to failure, etc.
>>
>>42872466
Arnie was on enough juice to kill a horse and bodybuilding was his job. Lee trained martial arts and never lifted heavy. Kys you retarded faggot.
>>
>>42872466
Go for it. Lee snapped his shit at a young age and Arnies joints are so fucked he can't even use free weights. Not to mention Arnold was on a crazy amount of juice and Lee never lifted heavy.
>>
>>42876092
No he believed in lifting weights, he lifted three days a week
>>
>>42872466
Yeah and Dorian Yates worked out for 40 mins 4 times a week. Dont make statements that you dont know about
>>
>>42873033
So enough body weight excercises can make you the strongest man under 220lbs?
>>
>>42872466
I don't know about all that bs. I like to alternate weights and cardio 6 days a week. 3 days weights, 3 days cardio. Take Sunday off. Makes me happy.
>>
>>42872466
Wow, what a pretentious post.
You, sir, are an idiot.
>>
>>42876059
Did a shiteton of powder though, so at least his cuts werent natty kek
>>
>>42876059
He did more coke then scarface, and was injecting bull testosterone into his body on the reg.

You're fucking retarded bruh. He was the first youtube natty.
>>
>>42872466
>guy with juice enhanced recovery can work out every day and grow
Whoa...
>>
>>42872841
Plus half of those fuckers are physically useless after a very short prime. Seriously, thirty years old is way too young to destroy your body.
>>
le shit
>>
Eh, I do full-body workouts and I usually take 1-1½ hours to complete my workout.
>>
leCrab
>>
>>42879644
At 46 minutes exactly, the cortisol fairy will supposedly show up, drink your testosterone, make your muscles fall off instantly, and add 1 pound of fat to your body for every additional minute you’re still inside the gym.
>>
>>42872466
atm I workout for 1-2hrs every other day, I think 2+ is diminishing returns, I would workout almost everyday if I could, gona try J&T2.0 adfter hitting 1/2/3/4
>>
>>42880077
Forgot to mention, upper lower
>>
>>42872466
I think people legit give bad advice it's the beta male thing to do to try and bring others down.
>>
Don't do them, do you.
>>
>>42873053
the football is because you're on foot, as opposed to horseback
then you get the split into rugby football (ruggers) and association football (assoc = soccer)

don't know where the yank abominations come into this though
>>
>>42872506
Only if you're a genetic freak. Otherwise no.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.