[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melatonin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: L7977838.jpg (28KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
L7977838.jpg
28KB, 556x556px
I've been having tons of trouble sleeping at night/falling asleep and get up early being unable to fall back asleep. Consequentially, I'm tired all fucking day which makes me not want to do anything at all. Have any of you tried Melatonin supplements? Sleep is super important for recovery and I need the energy to go do some intense workouts.
>>
>>42872082
Have you tried eliminating caffeine from your diet and excess computer/screen time from your life?
>>
>>42872082
Wake up at 6:30am, go to bed at 10pm.

Easy.
>>
tried this shit once and had the weirdest fucking dream. the key with melatonin is that less is more. those 5 mg capsules in your pic is way too much. chop them into quarters
>>
I've been taking melatonin for years op. Shit is tight.

Ultimately for me the problem is caffeine. Without it, i fall asleep no problem, but the issue is I'm not awake enough for me to get anything done without it. With caffeine, i can't sleep worth dick. Supping melatonin is a nice in between but be warned. You will build a resistance to it. Your going to need more and more over time to get the same effect.
>>
>>42872134
Got the first part down. Second part just results in me lying in bed for 2 hours waiting to sleep. Even with work and weightlifting making me physically exhausted my mind won't let me sleep.
>>
File: 1495390718405.jpg (23KB, 533x400px)
1495390718405.jpg
23KB, 533x400px
>>42872271
this, but i take 2 tablets (10mg) evrey night and no matter how much caffeine or screens I've used it doesn't i matter. I fall asleep quickly and have weird dreams that make me laugh in the morning.
>>
>>42872082
Yes, unless you're completely an insomniac it'll work, I love the stuff.
>>
>>42872096
>tfw programmer
>>
>>42872096
I don't consume any caffeine, I could definitely cut down on the screen time and that could be it.
>>
>>42872082
>tfw quit caffeine, adderall, cocaine a year ago and still have trouble sleeping and wakingup.

It's a fucking cycle, I was feeling groggy so I started drinking coffee, coffee stopped working so I switch to adderall. My adderall connect fell off, and it was easier for me to get coke, so I would show up to work coked out, and effectively only sleep for an hour a night.

I quit all that, and still have trouble sleeping.
>>
>>42872082
This shit gives me the weirdest dreams. It's either about sex or me or my family dying in the weirdest ways.
>>
>>42872297
oh you got monkey mind
meditate
>>
>>42874481
You stimulated your dopamine receptors too much and now they're downregulated. You basically produce less dopamine in the brain that's why you went from coffee to adderall to coke. You probably are a smoker (nicotine boosts dopamine), masturbate often and maybe use weed to medicate yourself to keep the dopamine up.
>>
Melatonin works, but i don't recommend taking it for over a month straight without a break. You run a real risk of not being able to sleep without it.
t. Entire family addicted to melationin
>>
I take melatonin and I still can't go to sleep at night. I don't take any caffeine or anything, I put away my phone and I will just lay there for hours just nonstop thinking. Only thing that kind of does the trick is benadryl except I oversleep up to 12 hours and always feel groggy.
>>
>>42872082
>Have any of you tried Melatonin supplements?
Yes. Out of all the "natural" remedies I tried, it's the one that works best.

I think it doesn't really work long-term, though. I used it for close to a full year and while it worked really well at first, it started becoming worse as time went on and eventually I become unable to sleep altogether without it.

I think if you need to resort to medicine it's best to just see a doctor and use whatever they tell you to use, instead.

Melatonin can't be sold in my country so I had to import every time, though. I guess if you don't mind increasing the dosage as time goes on and it's easy for you to grab it, then it'd work well.
>>
Depends on how severe your sleep depravation is.

I had legit insomnia for years and melatonin didn't really do shit for me. I mean, it worked the first night I tried it, but that's basically it. Removing/dealing with the stressful elements in my life improved my sleep way more than melatonin ever did. I was just so tightly wound.
>>
10mg of melatonin every night
best sleeps I ever had brehs
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.