[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ Face Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 50

File: nightwing_head_color.jpg (118KB, 1024x546px) Image search: [Google]
nightwing_head_color.jpg
118KB, 1024x546px
Old one at 265 and it's pretty fucking slow.

Sculpting a nice body is easy straightforward.
Cut fat, build muscle. However, how can one improve the aesthetics of their face?

Improving things like jaw definition or that clenched cheek muscle that some guys have?
>>
I will be starting my first cut Sunday, I've been bulking since the beginning of they year and I'm about 20% bf i guess. I'm going to try to cut for at least 12 weeks... any tips on how to keep as much strength (specially in the bench press) and muscle as possible?
>>
File: 1505437901574.png (81KB, 1231x237px) Image search: [Google]
1505437901574.png
81KB, 1231x237px
Reposting because nu thread

I've been lifting since june. Back then I hadn't discovered /fit/ yet, so I went with what the gym trainer gave me. After a couple weeks of "conditioning" routine, he gave me what now I know was an U/L split, changing lifts every 3 weeks. Trainer is pretty knowledgeable IMO, but he got another job (he gonn get prime pussy as a high school teacher) so the gym covered the morning shift with another (young) trainer. This new trainer gave me a noticeable harder routine, on a 4 day split, this is my second week, it's pic related.

For every exercise I'm doing 2x15 + 2x12 + 1x10, bumping the weight with every rep range increase. Exercises in the same column are done in a circuit, as in, one set of leg extensions, one set of leg curls, one set add, one set abd, start all over, until I've done all 5 sets of every exercise, then move to the next "block". 10 min warmup cardio before lifting and about 15 after.

What are your opinions on this?
I'm not lifting for any particular objective other than improve myself.
Tbqh while ending my days tired (work after lifting) I've been feeling good, if only I'm longer than I'd like at the gym.

>tl;dr: critique routine for a 4 months newbie
>>
>>42864919
one of the first steps to get fit is to stop having bad habits, yet bulking is a thing and is encouraged here to be followed.

what gives?
>>
I work 10 hours of manual labor per day and rock climb 3-4 times per week. If I want to add starting strength back in do I just need to eat more? I currently sleep ~7.5 hrs. Also, should I restart the program or can I jump back to my old lifts minus 10% or so
>>
File: 1421670609023.png (66KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1421670609023.png
66KB, 500x599px
How do I fucking sleep?
>>
so on a cut, do i expect my lifts to still steadily increase, if im getting ~80/90 g protein a day?
>>
how do i talk to girls.
>>
3.5/4 months of training, is 155 bench 5x3
90 ohp 5x5
160 row
35 each arm bicep curls
good? I dont squat because i had a fracture and now im scared to start
>>
>>42865993
Stop computer 3 hours before you sleep.
Don't use your phone in bed.

This will work but it's impossible to do. Such is life lol
>>
>>42866221
realize they are just people too and stop giving a fuck. The number one thing that helped me get better at talking to girls is realizing they are just human beings that are probably looking for happiness and sex and shit like you are. They went to class or work, went home and ate, and are made a thousand decisions just like you did to end up in the same place as you. Just shoot the shit like they are a guy, but be interested in what they have to say. Listen, be chill, and try to make them laugh.

If you cant even make small talk with guys though, idk you're fucked.
>>
File: disturbed.png (74KB, 205x401px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed.png
74KB, 205x401px
manlet dyel. last push day I did 4x5 bench of 105 llbs and did one last set of 5 110 llbs. Today I got a little cocky and tried to do a set of 5 115 llbs at the beginning but only managed to bust out 2 reps before pussying out. I tried to do a couple sets of 5 of 110 llbs but I kept fucking faillling at around 3 or 4 reps. I even went down to 105 llbs and started failing at 4 reps.

have i hit a legitimate plateau or did i just fuck up by going too heavy at the beginning. just drives me fucking nuts because my next push day is on sunday and not making constant noob gains drives me nuts
>>
Are meal prep companies a good deal or no? No cooking experience and having trouble coming up with a good meal plan

I am ultra poorfag but willing to spend for better health
>>
I woke up this morning without morning wood. I have not masturbated in 3 days either. Why is this happening?
>>
>>42866258
Make sure you are eating enough, resting enough and mentally prepared.

We all have days in the gym where our performance isn't as good as we'd like.

I doubt you've hit a legit plateau, based off of that info
>>
>>42866377
I have never even heard of meal prep companies, but my gut says no. Unless you have excess money and absolutely no time, you have no reason too. Even if it costs $10 a week, "ultra poor" probably makes that too much.

I have had to get have decent at cooking since living by myself and I'll tell you a secret: get a slowcooker. I have a small crockpot, but I can still make all kinds of meat and soups and stew and such. I made some pulled chicken out of $5 worth of chicken I got a deal on and threw it together with a $2 pack of rice, and it made at least 4 meals for me. Add in some spinach and an orange here and there for a well rounded meal, and I have been eating well for like $3-4 for a hearty meal.

It is tough starting out, but just look up beginner recipes for slowcooking or even pan cooking recipes. recipes can seem confusing, but many have a lot of extra spices and shit to make their recipe appealing. Literally buy a slowcooker, throw a slab of cheap ass meat in, throw some vegetable in. cook on low for 6-8 hours. Prep it the night before, throw it all in before you leave for work, BAM you come home to a delicious ass meal with plenty of leftovers.

I know i went on a slowcooking rant, but TL;DR, paying for someone to prep your meals is not worth it at all in the short or long run. you'll spend money for no reason and never learn how to fend for yourself
>>
Is tracking your macros extremely carefully a big deal? I usually just eye that shit up and eat whatever, but try to get a fairly even split. Should I start going full autism and measuring my chicken and peanut butter?
>>
>>42866212
THat's nothing in term of protein. Try more around 150~180

>>42865984
You might struggle a bit with the volume but yeah you can. Depending on when you stopped, and how big where your lifts, try something more like 70% of the weight. Better start slow, SS goes up rather quickly.

>>42866377
Heck no. Calculate TDEE, determine how many meal a day you eat, divide calories and proteins amount by that number (roughly). For each meal try to have prots/carbs/fats, and veggies/fruits. Start simple, like chicken/rice/broccoli. Build up cooking skills.
Also it's good to have something you add to adjust the last 100 calories or so. Can be PB or cheese, in my experience it's the more versatile in term of dosage.
For recipes, look at this https://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
>>42866523
It depends, what are your goals? Is your weight moving how it should? On a cut I'd say it's impossible not to track calories. Eye balling 500 calories on 3 or more meals a day is impossible. If you're a skelly on SS, or are eating on a 1000 surplus, then eyeballing is not optimal but ok.
>>
File: CB.jpg (2MB, 2788x2984px) Image search: [Google]
CB.jpg
2MB, 2788x2984px
Sur guys.
Long story short, I started with calisthenics, then moved do PPL home routine with dumbbells, then joined a gym and followed with a PPL, PHUL and now full body routine.
Here are my stats and lifts.
My goal is aesthetics. Should I run a beginner routine like SL?

5'9" 136.4 lbs in the pics
OHP 71.5x5
Bench 135x4
Squat 154x5 (though my form is shitty so I've yet a gain decided to go back lower, this time I think I got it)
Deadlift 237x5
>>
>>42865400
havent read the other thread but will 99% give same critique in case you got any: too much redundant fluff, no clear progression, awful volume for a beginner. u trainer a shit, and a tryhard one at that
>>
>>42866255
being good at talking to your own sex does not inherently equal being good at talking to the other, sadly. sound advice otherwise tho
>>
>>42866803
eat some fucking protein and carbs u salamander
>>
How come my quads are the first thing that gets fatigued during deadlift? I barely feel it in my back and not at all in my glutes and hamstrings. Is that normal or is my technique fucked? I'm doing the exercise Rippetoe way if that means anything
>>
>>42864919
Will i be ok if I take Vyvanse and Zoloft together?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (13KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13KB, 384x384px
Fat fuck here, in the process of losing weight. 27kg down about 25 more to go.

I need to do more core work. I hate crunches. I've heard ab rollers are good, but would they be good for someone who is still fat?

Do you have any suggestions for good beginning exercises?
>>
>>42867110
Define ok. Not much medical risk if you keep to conservative dosages but your brain will feel like a bowl of soggy cornflakes by the end of it.
>>
>>42867132
they would be good for anyone the only problem with a being a fatty is that they will be really hard because its a body weight exercise.
>>
>>42867132
less to do with being fat (except the added weight) and more with preexisting core stability, if your hips sag or your lower back rounds you will hurt yourself. start from your knees and stop immediately once your form breaks down, get your first few attempts checked by someone who knows his/her shit. good beginner stuff would be v-ups and crunch kicks, implying you are not actually 130kg obese and just have a glutton pouch
>>
I always turn onto my stomach in my sleep (I do fall asleep on my back) and it worsens my already present anterior pelvic tilt and gives me stiff neck for days. burrowing into pillows on either side doesnt help too much. how to condition myself to stay on my back without resorting to having the gf strap me onto the bed like some asylum patient?
>>
>>42867056
women are literally just people talk to them like they are a person you would be surprised
>>
File: 1364828158833.jpg (2MB, 1230x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1364828158833.jpg
2MB, 1230x1688px
can/should i take both a mass "gainer" and whey if i want to gain weight?
>>
>>42865332
high protein

ive cut on normal protein and high protein (200 +) and on high protein I barely notice my strength losses
>>
>>42867308
oh I know, fine with me tbqh but I just noticed some of my friends who are literal TV entertainers around the lads turn into babbling mongos something even remotely female comes into view
>>
File: 12412552121.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12412552121.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>42867132
>Find flat bench
>Lay down
>take single 10-30 lb dumbbell
>Lift it from behind your head to above keeping arms extended
>Don't raise your body at all
>pic related(You can lay on the whole bench instead of what this guy is doing)

If you do it right you will feel it in your instantly in your core, the farther behind your head you go with the dumbbell, the more you will get out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gL-Xdtf2PI
>>
>>42867320
whey yes if you cant get your protons entirely from real food, mass gainer eeeh nah, overpriced sugar spiked BS imho
>>
>>42866396
>>42866258
So should I stay lifting at 105 next push day or try 110?
>>
>>42867079
I eat about 170g of prots a day. But right now I'm running something like 4h a week preparing for a race in 5 weeks
>>
>>42865460
you can bulk slowly and not get fat you nerd

also the point of bulking is to put on muscle you cunt
>>
>>42865460
Bulking only applies if you want to gain muscle. You can't grow mucle unless you're eating more than you need because the body needs extra calories to grow. It's part of a long term plan and you'll need to cut after to lose the extra fat.

Ok /fit/ help me.

On my pull day I do 4 sets of curls and 6 sets of pullups. I add one rep to each set every week and work out 6 days per week, 3 of which are pull days. Last week I was at 4 reps of pullups, and 11 reps for the curls.

This week I was barely able to manage 5 pullups on the first two sets, and failed on the 3rd at 4 reps. Took a break, did the last 3 sets the same as the first 3. When I did my curls and failed on 10 reps for the first two sets and at 8 and 7 for the final two. Am I overtraining or what's the score here?
>>
>>42866258
try 4x5 at 110lbs then if you feel good throw 115lbs on. You tried to advance too fast and blew yourself out.
>>
>>42867320
no just eat a lot

mass gainer is just sugar and carbs in powder form. bad for your body
>>
I lowered my deadlift weigh to try and work on form. I probably did like 20 something reps recording myself each one and reviewing it trying to make minor corrections before the next. Every time except maybe 2-3 times I was able to keep my back perfectly straight. Every other time toward the top of the lift my upper back looks like it's rounding ever so slightly. I don't know what I can do to correct this I already feel like I'm keeping my core really tight and chest up all the way through. Do I need to train my upper back more/stretch or something? Or am I just misjudging the difference between perfect deadlift straight back and good deadlift straight back?
>>
>>42867503
upper back rounding isn't ideal, but isn't the same sort of issue that lower back rounding is.
>>
OK, how the fuck do I dumbbell row kinda heavy with good shape? I can do heavy ass compounds for days with good shape but this shit just kills me and I feel like I totally drop good form about 5-6 reps in to a 12 rep set..
Also feels gay af. What do?
>>
>>42867681
hard to know without a video or explanation of where your form is falling down. DESU i love heavy dumbell rows with minimal attention on form
>>
I hurt my chest twice this week at my job being somewhat clumsy (tripped and caught myself at a weird angle, then got hit with the corner of a piece of wood in the same area). I've had an injury like this before checked out by a doc, and it's just something that will go away. With tylenol it's mostly tolerable.

Do I run a significant risk by attempting to lift today, or should I just hold off for a bit?
>>
Facial hair can help with the face. Don't just grow a fucking huge beard. That's ugly. But you can use facial hair styles to reshape your face. I have very good cheekbones, decent jaw, weak chin.

So I shave up on my cheeks, keep my beard short on the jawline, and layer it to longer on the chin/goatee. So it shapes my face to take advantage of my good points and minimize/enhance my weak ones.

What's the problem with your face shape? Pix?
>>
http://taskandpurpose.com/ensure-first-time-go-ranger-school/

I was just reading this article and it said you needed to do 49 press ups and 59 sit ups to pass the ranger entry test, I was just wondering if that would be 1 set with 0 rest allowed or whether you could rest for like 10 seconds every 20 press ups or so.
>>
>>42867440
>calories
>to grow
yes to grow fat
>>
>>42867765
To grow fucking anything. Good luck growing muscle on a deficit.
>>
File: myfavouriteyoutubereksde.jpg (42KB, 615x500px) Image search: [Google]
myfavouriteyoutubereksde.jpg
42KB, 615x500px
>>42867728
idk i think my face looks okay right?
>>
>>42867774
>how do muscles grow
>>
>>42867742
continuous set iirc, but also iirc you dont need to pump them out super fast and can take a second between reps or so. been a fucklong while and I didnt do it myself (younger brother did) so I might be wrong here
>>
>>42867742
It's one continuous set, and there's a time limit. Something like 90-120 seconds
>>
File: tumblr_o7pqutgYEJ1vv6xf1o1_500.jpg (81KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7pqutgYEJ1vv6xf1o1_500.jpg
81KB, 500x526px
>>42867742
>49 pushups 59 situps
>but 6 chinups and 8minute mile 5k
>mfw I could outdo the second two by a far margin but would laughably fail at the first two
no rangering for me then
>>
>>42865993
3 mgs of Melatonin. You'll sleep like a fucking rock.
>>
redpill me on creatine
>>
>>42867973
effects wear out if you don't use it for a few days, but it increases performance so you choice.
>>
File: greyskull-lp-arms-plugin.jpg (28KB, 703x114px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull-lp-arms-plugin.jpg
28KB, 703x114px
So clear something up for me here
In Greyskull, I'm supposed to aternate between Bench Press and Overhead press.
That means I have to go like this:
Week 1
Press Bench Press
Week 2
Bench Press Bench

Or like this?
Week 1
Press Bench Press
Week 2
Press Bench Press
>>
>>42868138
The first one. It's supposed to be a balanced volume between the two, so you have 3 bench and 3 press sessions every 2 week period
>>
>>42868171
Thank you.
>>
How should I begin squatting on a Linear Progression? Should I start with some weight or just bodyweight?
First time in the gym but I do have some calisthenics experience
>>
>>42868303
Rippetoe usually devotes the first day in the gym to finding out working weights, which can take somewhat longer than a typical lifting session. Start with the empty bar and do 5 reps with as close to perfect form as you can (your form will change as you increase weight due to the shift in center of mass, but try and maintain form anyway). Rest for a few seconds and add 10 lbs to the bar. Do 5 reps again, then rest a bit longer. Repeat the adding 10 lbs and doing 5 reps until your form starts to either slow down or is harder to maintain. This is your starting working weight, and what you will use for the rest of your squat sets for the day.

You also apply this same process to the other lifts you're doing that day. Make sure you get sufficient rest between these trial sets as your form can simply falter due to gassing out a bit too quickly.
>>
>>42867393
I did this tonight, but I feel like it was mostly working my arms. maybe I wasn't keeping them extended properly.
>>
im a complete newfag and i have trouble balancing the barbell when i bench press , any tips?
>>
>>42866258
That's a great manga Anon.
>>
>>42868548
grip it evenly
>>
>>42868548
just put you hands an even distance apart use the knurling and rings to orient yourself on the bar
>>
>>42867440
pls responf
>>
>>42864919
had shit ton diahrrea two days ago, yesterday nothing and today so far nothing as well.
have been having chicken breasts and white rice, both plain
today I did some sauteed frozen mix of vegetables and then some scrambled eggs and it seems my stomach accepted but its been just like 20m since I ate

when can I begin eating regularly? like dairy, coffee, spicy stuff and all that
>>
>>42866803
Bumping since I didn't get a real answer
>>
>>42867440
Tired or dehydrated maybe. Or just a bad day. See what happens next time.
>>
>>42868769
Thanks Anon. All three of those probably apply to me at the moment. It's just frustrating to go backwards. DOMS are a blittle harder than usual today too.
>>
>>42866803
Do a beginner program probably not SL. GSLP is bettter for gains aestheticss are pretty much genetics and diet as long ans you work out.
>>
>>42868916
Any version of GSLP? I see plenty floating around...
>>
File: 1505401542879.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1505401542879.png
249KB, 248x459px
Even if I try only gaining 2 lbs a month, that won't be pure muscle right?

In order to maximise muscle growth during this bulk should I just aim for 3, maybe even 4 lbs growth per month?
I want to look the best possible by July next year. Was planning on bulking until around March or April then cutting hard.
>>
File: SmugNeptunia.gif (1012KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
SmugNeptunia.gif
1012KB, 500x281px
My ass is uneven, will squats overtime help to even it out?
>>
>>42869029
>Anon...easy on the bulk.
>>
Skinny Fat wanting to get into order mode, should I cut or bulk?
>>
>>42865993
The biggest thing that has helped me over the years is to prevent my body from suppressing melatonin production. The first comment mentioned stopping computer use a few hours before bed - that can be one way to do this (provided you don't just go and watch TV, or sit in an otherwise illuminated environment). But you'll have an easier time using programs like f.lux or Twilight (I think Apple has something similar called Night Shift) on your devices, wearing orange-tinted safety glasses that block blue light starting a few hours before your intended bedtime, and using blackout curtains. Also, be well nourished, and stop using caffeine or similar before bed if you're doing that for some reason
>>
>>42869464

Do you keep your wallet in your back pocket?
>>
File: 1499317576695.jpg (63KB, 627x335px) Image search: [Google]
1499317576695.jpg
63KB, 627x335px
>>42867710
P-pls respond
>>
>>42864919
How can I make black people leave my gym? Especially the woman they are loud and Annoying and love the elliptical machines too much?
>>
>>42864919
Im very fat and this is my first time to do crunches, is it enough that i can only do half crunch?
>>
>>42870052
Let your body heal.
>>
2 questions:

Whats the name of that one applying medicine that can be used to grow beard?

How often do you reccomend changing between a bulking and cutting diet/routine
>>
>>42867040
Fugggg :-D

What should I do? Is it true Candito's is the best routine for me, a newbie natty lifter? Or is that PPL?

Thanks m80. I just wanna get swole.
>>
>>42864919
Why am I getting shoulder cramps from holding the bar squatting, and how do I fix it? It doesn't seem to help to narrow or widen the grip positions
>>
>>42870226
Minoxidil.
And I'm a dyel so dunno.
>>
>>42870361
Thanks, lets escape DYELcity together, my man
>>
File: 1452825696050.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1452825696050.gif
4MB, 320x180px
Cyclist almost-t-rex here - legs are big but upper body is small in comparison.

Will Pull-ups and Push-ups be enough if I do like 5 sets to fail for each daily or every other day?

>>42870226
Minoxidil/Regaine? I think there are others, they work by increasing blood flow to the area if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>42870226
>How often do you reccomend changing between a bulking and cutting diet/routine
It depends on the magnitude of your caloric surplus/deficit. Typically you don't want to go over 15% bodyfat during a bulk because it messes up your body's nutrient partitioning and makes the bulk less effective. Likewise, you probably don't want to cut down below 10% bodyfat because you risk losing more muscle than intended.

Either of these situations is a function of the amount of calories you eat in either direction, so a 300 calorie surpuls bulk would last longer than a 600 calorie if you followed the bodyfat guidelines.
>>
When calculating your TDEE do you have to take into consideration exercise even if you are not doing it every week? I've always selected the most sedentary option because I work a desk job for 9 hours and then I stay in my house playing vidya, even when I had been going to the gym for some time
I am 23 yo male 177cm and 104kg, trying to do SL 5x5 3 times a week (Sometimes I stay off the gym for a week or 2) what sould be my maintenance calorie intake?
>>
>>42870218
Im trying really hard here lads
>>
I bought a multivitamin thing and some vegan omega 3 from a store and it gave me a coupon for the next purchase. They are having a sale right now and they'll stack, so I'm looking for what could be worth buying, but I'm not 100% of it, even after looking at the sticky. Here are the options:

- Thermogenic pills (kinda scared of the caffeine on those, though, 420mg per pill, though I'm a fatty and burning my belly sounds nice)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Grape seed oil
- Spirulina

I'm 240lbs 6', I only work out at home (HIIT bike and bodyweight stuff). Are any of these worth it for cheap or should I just chill with my multivitamins for now?
>>
File: rogue-lb-change-plates-web3.jpg (63KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-lb-change-plates-web3.jpg
63KB, 1000x1000px
I don't have weightlifting shoes so for squats and OHP I put my heels on 5lb plates, and it feels much better. Other than looking slightly autistic does this make sense?
>>
Currently doing gslp. My gym doesn't have 1.25lb plates. How should I progress for upper body?
>>
>>42868477
Consciously focus on your abs, think of crunching them. It also works out arms but if you do it properly you should feel it in your core.
>>
>>42864919
do I go clubbing tonight or not

>>42871973
I used the clips as my "mini plates" on gslp, worked fine
>>
how are oly lifts in terms of muscle gains?
I can see power cleans being great for traps, a dude I used to know at the gym played football/soccer and had great traps from them
>>
Why am i getting so many grey hairs, i am only 22. They are cropping up on the sides of my head and some on the top, kinda noticeably now.
>>
hows the symmetricstrength tdee calculator?
I tried it and gives me more like 200kcals for maintenance than the usual tdeecalculator despite putting "bed ridden" as activity level
>>
>>42871809
Plenty of people do this. Not for OHP though. A raised heel is no help for that lift.

>>42871721
Multivitamin is worthless if you eat reasonably. Vegan omega 3 is from flax seed I suppose, which does not in any way have the health benefits of actual fish oil omega 3. So also borderline worthless.

420 mg caffeine in a single pill is insane. And not in a good way.

Vitamin D is useful. The rest is shit.

>>42872161
Power cleans are great for overall back development. Rows and chins are better for pure lat development, but overall power cleans are outstanding.

Power snatches are - in my opinion - more or less the best upper back exercise in existance. However, you need to be very competent to do these for relatively high reps (5+).

High pulls are less technical as you don't need to catch the weight, and they offer many of the same benefits. I've done these for as high as 20 reps with no trouble. They will wreck your traps while also working your whole posterior chain, but without killing yourself like a lot of deadlifting can do.
>>
>>42869029
Aim for 2.5lbs/month, accept that roughly half of it will be muscle at most.
>>
>>42870316
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>42872368
>Multivitamin is worthless if you eat reasonably
I eat 1600kcal a day with lots of different veggies, but it's nice to have something to fall back on

>Vegan omega 3 is from flax seed I suppose, which does not in any way have the health benefits of actual fish oil omega 3. So also borderline worthless.
It's algae

I guess I'll grab Vitamin D, thanks
>>
>>42872368
high pulls from knee-height blocks GOAT lift in existence
>>
>>42864919
Love how nobody answer OP's question.
>>
I just got my old weightbench back and really want to start using it again now I'm in my own house and under 200lb, but I only got less than half the weights back. 25KG/50-60lb is all I have right now. What set could I even do that's worth it? Or am I going to have to get some concrete filled buckets to even bother
>>
Someone give me their best pick up line pls

Just matched with this 9/10 on tinder and she said for me to send her my best pick up line but I usually just write something about what I find in their instagram profile or whatever instead of witty lines
>>
Does quality sleep directly affect weight loss?

I have been sleeping about 4 or 5 hours every night since about 2008 or so, so since the start of middle school.

I know weight loss is usually during sleep and your body exhales whatever is lost, so I was just wondering if sleeping a quality 8 hours every night results in more weight loss.
>>
Get sharp pain on upper thigh when doing squats. 2 weeks later I still get it during squat so can't squat. I sleep enough, I eat enough and do foam roller shit but I'm getting frustrated that it's taking so long to heal. What the fuck is this? Anyone else experienced this?
>>
Is Limber 11 any good for increasing mobility?
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 403x433px
When still able to get linear gains, in what weight increments did you increase:
>squats
>deadlifts
>OHP
>bench
>bentover row
>bicep curls
?
>>
>>42864919
just get lean and hope you have nice facial features.
>>
>>42865400
I HIGHLY recommend doing something like ICF5x5, SL5x5, SS, or any structured program of any sort. ICF is the best for bodybuilding out of those three, but you'll still make great strength progress.

The program your trainer has you on is not optimal for a natural lifter. Trust me, I was in your shoes. You'll see minimal progress after some months - your lifts will stall, you won't be putting on any size, etc. Noob gains are VERY real - do not waste it. If you follow a program like ICF5x5, you will make tremendous size and strength gains way faster than you would if you continue to stick to that program, just because it has higher frequency and higher volume for every body part. If you stick with that program for a few months and then decide to follow a structured program, you will have wasted potential size and strength that you could have added with a proper program. My biggest regret as a lifter was sticking with a routine similar to yours for too long. I only began getting much bigger and stronger when I stopped what I was doing and began a strength training/powerbuilding program.

Good luck mate.
>>
>>42870316
see >>42874740
>>
Are Turkish Get-Ups a good exercise?
>>
File: bait.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>42867787
>
>>
>>42866393
You're dehydrated
>>
File: 1502539881732.gif (2MB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
1502539881732.gif
2MB, 400x246px
Can I still get big and muscular as a skeleton who does boxing training three times a week?
>>
This question may seem really dumb but
If i weight 100grams of rice then cook it, counting calories am i eating 100g of rice or more? (Counting the water it absorbs)
So when i do the math did i eat the rice u weighed or more?
>>
Am I retarded or does this Skyr yoghurt contain too much sugar to be healthy to eat regularly ?

Seems like another low-fat high sugar meme food.
>>
File: ricotta.jpg (62KB, 462x776px) Image search: [Google]
ricotta.jpg
62KB, 462x776px
>>42875408
If you want to reverse those macros (fats and carbs) you could go with some whey cheeses, like ricotta, mizithra, urda, stuff like that. They have more protein too.
>>
>>42867935
you could build up to 50+ push ups and sit ups in a few weeks if you wanted
>>
will having 4 tb natty pb per day be bad for me?
>>
>>42874770
Pls respond
>>
File: YpcCitQ.jpg (30KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
YpcCitQ.jpg
30KB, 450x338px
>>42874740
>>42874755
Much appreciated, will do. Can't believe I almost fucked myself over for following this dude's advice. He looks to be about 24, one of the first red flags, but I've always liked to give people a chance.

Thanks again m8.
>>
>>42864919
What is fits opinions on John Yudkin book/study of sugars? (Pure White and Deadly)

Do you think what he said was accurate and that he tried to warn us?
Or was he full of shit?
>>
Former attractive guy, became addicted to Meth, became homeless for 6 months tweaking 5 days a week. 9 months sober, the body is back and I'm actually closing in on my best shape ever, but the skin on my face doesn't look healthy. Especially around my brow, its finely wrinkled and looks like parchment paper. The rest isn't nearly as bad. I'm in my early 20s. Any sort of cream I can use to try to reverse some of the damage and get my glow back?
>>
I started losing a lot of weight. I do a lot of cardio 30min of stair master and legs 2-3 a week, recently I have been getting restless leg syndrome. When I try to go to sleep my leg jerks, waking me up. I also always feel like there is pent up energy in my legs, like i need to keep them moving. Also my gloots feel anxious. Plz no gay jokes im being serious, it's affecting my sleep.
>>
Where/How can I find a good personal trainer in Sydney, Australia?
>>
I'm trying to do GSLP, and have been at it for two weeks, but I'm really struggling with post-workout recovery, my muscles are fucking fried and I can't manage to get the 3 workouts in per week, I'm only able to do 2 workouts with 2-3 days in between.

What's the secret to being able to heal up to go 3 times a week?
>>
>>42875887

Just regularly exfoliate and moisturize. Could maybe try find some cream that tightens the skin up (usually used for bags under eyes).
>>
I have a huge bag of frozen chicken quarters I want to use for meal prepping. Will the quality be affected much if I were to cook them then freeze the portioned meals? Planning on using a pressure cooker if the method makes any difference.
>>
>>42876392
Don't freeze cooked meals. It's terrible. Just keep it chilled, don't cook more than you can eat in 3 days. Use lots of lemon/lime.
>>
I hate peanut butter but it's cheap and I need the calories. Does the taste really come through when you put a couple of tablespoons in a shake? I have bananas, milk, protein powder and ice cream in the shake right now
>>
How many times a week should i do abs routine?
>>
>>42875887
Drink a lot of water, moisturize and stay out of the sun. Good having you back sober, anon.
>>
>>42875383
Weigh ingredients and products uncooked. So if you fry up ground beef, you measure it before cooking. Moisture will evaporate and the cooked product will weigh like 30% less, but water doesn't contain calories. In your case the 100g of raw rice will be heavier after preparing it, but you should still measure and count the 100g of raw rice grains.
Almost always you should weigh the raw product. (Sometimes you can weigh cooked or prepared/peeled/drained but then it's usually specified which it means.)
>>
>>42867681
try to keep your torso as straight as you can. Don't allow yourself to shoot the weight up and go slow on the negatives
>>
>>42876568
Why just not get some bags of walnuts/hazelnuts/almonds etc? Tons of calories (comparable to peanuts) and easy to just snack on a handful. Decent protein source too if you're bulking and can afford the calories.
>>
>>42877291
I don't like nuts at all really
>>
>>42869874
Nope.
>>
File: 1504315850299.jpg (86KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
1504315850299.jpg
86KB, 800x513px
If i use steroids will my dick grow larger?

If i push it really hard it's 6" but most of the time im smaller than that, feels terrible man. So far i heard that steroids kills your balls but make your donger larger/fuller.
>>
Is it possible to lose weight and build muscle at the same time? I'm not looking to get huge (lean and pretty muscular is enough for me) or "replace a pound of fat with a pound of muscle every week" but I want decent progression with both. I'm 5'7 and 140 pounds so I think now would be a good time to start going for muscle growth. I have a calisthenics program that I'm starting Monday too.
>>
>>42877493
>If i use x will my dick grow larger?

You think this is a healthy line of thinking for you?

Look man, plenty of us would probably have liked having a bigger dick. The way I see it, you have two choices:

#1 Worry about it.

#2 Don't worry about it.
>>
>>42868548
I like to put my ring fingers on the first ring on the bar. If it's just shaky and uneven going up the more you do it and stronger you get the straighter and smoother it'll become
>>
Two questions. First, what is your favorite kind of row? Second, does it matter what time of day I drink a protein shake? I work out late at night, is it okay to not eat after my workout and instead have a lot of protein for breakfast the following day?
>>
>>42873429
You: You dropped something!
Her: What?
You: (send weird selfie of you looking silly) Your standards!
>>
>>42874611
>>squats
5-10lb depending on how I felt that day
>>deadlifts
10lbs, 15 once or twice when I was still a cocky noob
>>OHP
smallest possible increment, usually 2.5lb
>>bench
5lb
>>bentover row
see squats, most of the time 5 tho
>>bicep curls
smallest possible, 4lbs for shitty commercial gym DBs, 2.5 for barbell curls and my own adjustable ones at home, whatever possible between 2.5 and 4 for cable stuff
>>
>>42875619
Probably, I just kekd at their differing standards for each lol
>>
>>42876296
EAT
A
T
>>
I've been lifting for almost a year, first on StrongLifts 5x5 then GSLP, but I'm no longer progressing. I want to switch over to 5/3/1 but my lifts are still pretty weak:
Squat: 112.5 kg x 5
Deadlift: 125 kg x 5
Bench: 65 kg x 5
OHP: 45 kg x 5
Should I do 5/3/1? If so which variant should I do?
>>
If I only want aesthetics and strength, and not compete or ego lift, should I just do pause squats instead of normal squats or is there something else to it?
>>
I've been lifting for almost a year, first on StrongLifts 5x5 then GSLP, but I'm no longer progressing. I want to switch over to 5/3/1 but my lifts are still pretty weak:
Squat: 112.5 kg x 5
Deadlift: 125 kg x 5
Bench: 65 kg x 5
OHP: 45 kg x 5
Should I do 5/3/1? If so which variant should I do?
>>
ay I need some help
I do bike and hiking on a regular basis (7-8 times a month) and I recently started surfing once or twice a week, but since it's a very unconstant sport I get muscular cramps on my calves like half of the times I surf, it hurts a lot for two minutes or so and it's pretty annoying.
So my question is, if I train my calves and make them stronger, will this eventually stop?
>>
>>42864919
what should the rep scheme be for deadlifts? Im beginner btw, only 2plates x 5 for the diddly
>>
>>42880134
what is your rationale for pause squats over regular squats?
>>
I'm kind of having this really shitty back ache when I sneeze or bend down. Is it something that lasts soon or something I need to check with the doctor? I'm 20 and M.
>>
When people say how much they can bench/squat do they mean their 1 rep max?
>>
>>42880149
Imo you can find a way better program than 5/3/1. I personally like Candito's training setups, so you could look into those routines.
>>
>>42880236
you use more your quads, there is a smaller possibility for cheating reps (like bouncing, not going beyond parallel), and there is a smaller chance of fucking up your back (which I did once doing regular squats at the "bounce" part)
>>
>>42880514
Yes, unless otherwise stated
>>
>>42880508
go to a doctor anon. if you're anything like the average fuckhead who comes here, you've injured your lower back.

low back injuries are the bane of my existence. i followed /fit/'s shitty advice and it nearly crippled me. go to a doctor and see a PT when they invariable tell you you've bulged a disc
>>
I'm currently on corticosteroids which are catabollic and are supposed to make me fatter and my muscles smaller
Does anyone have experience or tips with how to stay /fit/ while taking this shit?
>>
>>42867950
how da fuck do i take just 3 mg?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-27-38.jpg (258KB, 1694x998px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-27-38.jpg
258KB, 1694x998px
How often is it wise to do fairly strenuous cardio? I know you have to rest muscles for a day after lifting, but do you have to rest a day inbetween cardio?

I'm a fat fuck. I've been lifting for about 2 and a half months, but I've just started using the elliptical for more intense cardio (I've been walking 6 to 8 miles a day for months).

This is fairly representative of a half hour on the machine, in terms of heart rate.
>>
>>42880810
You can do intense cardio every day. College and high school swimming and cross country teams do it. I remember in high school we'd bitch to our xc coach that we were working too hard the couple days before a race and would be tired. He'd respond by saying none of the mid-season races even mattered. The only thing that mattered was the whole league competition at the end of the season. Listen to your joints and don't injure yourself, but you can do intense cardio 6 days/week for sure.
>>
File: 1504969934184.jpg (26KB, 680x639px) Image search: [Google]
1504969934184.jpg
26KB, 680x639px
Is the pain that you feel while lifting a good indicative that the exercise is working?
I am aiming for muscle size and I often find myself not feeling amything from doing a certain exercise, while others make my muscles cry.
Should I avoid exercises that do not create that pain feeling?
>>
>>42880791
You only need 1mg. Handily, it comes as a pill. Follow this:
https://www.grc.com/health/sleep/healthy_sleep_formula.htm
>>
>>42880907
Depends on the pain, if it's sharp intense pain thats not good. You want that slow burning pain. Eventually though that will wear off and you wont feel it as much with your stronger muscle groups
>>
File: 1504033711701.jpg (157KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
1504033711701.jpg
157KB, 750x937px
how does one acquire sponsors?
I've almost surpassed the WR for some physical feats. on the youtube videos for previous attempts and records people always have a certain kind of branded equipment, promo material in the background, or "sponsored by [company]".

do I just write people an email and say like "I'm going to set a WR in [x]. previous WR attempts have been made in cooperation with company A and company B. would you like to sponsor me?"
>>
How do I widen my upper frame? Specifically shoulders

I dont want to look like that manlet with big muscles and 30 inch shoulders
>>
>>42881013
I was talking about the slow burning heat that is not really that painful.
I was yesterday doing single arm overhead tricep extensions and noticed that I wasn't feeling any of that burning pain. Does that mean it is not efficient for me?
>>
File: 531.png (59KB, 922x604px) Image search: [Google]
531.png
59KB, 922x604px
So new lifter, started with Greyskull LP but changed routine because I personally thought it was shit. Lacked volume. Thought I'd give Nsuns 5/3/1 a go. I get the 5 3 1 reps for the main lifts, but can anyone explain the reps for the secondary lift on each day?

For example, CG Bench you're doing: 6 5 3 5 7 4 6 8 5+ for a total of 9 sets. The rep ranges just seem a bit arbitrary to me or am I wrong? It's kind of annoying because the weight changes with each set, sometimes only fractionally lower or higher, so you do 3 reps then have to change weights. Then the weights you need to add don't match your plates so you could be anywhere from .5-1.5Kg off. Bit tedious really..
>>
>>42881103
No, eventually your muscles will stop producing so much lactic acid when lifting. You wont feel as much of a burn or as sore tomorrow, but you will get stronger.
>>
Sometimes when im lying in bed my heart rate will suddenly have a noticeable increase for several minutes for no reason at all. Am i going to die?
>>
>>42880746
I'm sorry man. But what advise the /fit/ give you?

I'll see for a week more and then visit a doctor.
>>
>>42881230
It happens to me when I'm starting to become horny. You just have to lay still and take in a few deep breaths until you fall asleep. No big deal.
>>
>>42881016
essentially yes. prepare to be turned down a lot in the beginning. what are those WRs, out of curiosity?
>>
>>42881037
ohp
>>
What's the effect of aspirin or paracetamol or ibuprofen on your gains or your recovery? harmful or good to go?
>>
what's an example of a decent physique by

a) /fit/ standards
b) normie standards?
>>
>>42880746
>i followed /fit/'s shitty advice and it nearly crippled me

story?
>>
File: 1504734977725.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1504734977725.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>42879143
How long could you keep that up?

I feel like I'm hitting resistance really early.

Eating at a 450-600 cal surplus, getting around 180-210g of protein (I measure meticulously everything I eat...) but can't raise squats with 4.4 lbs (2kg), squatting a total of 194 lbs (88kg).

Similarly having trouble raising bench and row with 5lbs, they're at 150 lbs (68kg) and 145 lbs (66 kg) respectively.

I'm 148lbs at 6'1 (67kg, 186cm). Could that have anything to do with it?
>>
File: 1504699546348.gif (754KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
1504699546348.gif
754KB, 149x175px
>>42881580
A new Swedish study said ibuprofen hindered volume and strength gain with up to 50% on young strength training athletes when using the max dose of 1200mg a day.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170828125123.htm
>>
>>42881650
>>42881580
"This suggests that muscular inflammation processes when combined with weight training are beneficial to the long-term development of new muscle mass, at least in the young," says Dr Lundberg. "Our results suggest that young people who do weight training to increase their muscle mass should avoid regular high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs."
>>
are aromatase inhibitors a good idea? it seems like a less risky (but not as effective) version of injecting T
>>
>>42881590
/fit/
>proportioned body
>broad shoulders, v-taper, aesthetic arms, forearms, and shoulders. Basically bodybuiilding type shit
normies
>damn he has ABS
>>
>>42864919
I want to start deadlifting, but I don't want to go headfirst. What kind of stretches or other exercises can help me get accustomed before I go at it? And does anybody have some good links to read about? Thanks and excuse my english.
>>
what's a good workout to lose 10 pounds in 1 week? i plan on doing hiit with it, but im not very good at weights
>>
>>42881901
Deadlift with bar/light weights.
>>
>>42864919
I just started SS this week, plan to add in some pulldowns and rows after I start powercleans. Below are my starting work set numbers. I didn't add any weight as soon as the bar speed slowed down at all. Am I fucked or am I gonna make it?

>OHP - 75 for 3x5
>Bench 105 for 3x5
>Squat 125 for 3x5
>Deadlift 175 for 3x5
>>
>>42864919
can i squat/deadlift/curl with a hurt shoulder without aggravating it?
>>
>>42882481
youre off to a good start

a lot of people start a lot lower
>>
>>42882481
Better than what I started with.
>>
>>42882519
Thanks, that's encouraging. With all the memes I honestly wasn't sure.

Also, dl was 1x5 not 3x5, my bad.
>>
slight headache
lift or walk+stretching?
>>
>>42878390
http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/
yeah, you're not going to get big but like you said it doesn't matter to you. it's easily possible to make yourself look great to normies while dieting. i think the best you can get is a softcore ottermode which is fine for women as long as your shoulders are big
>>
>>42881386
thanks, I will. I'll probably just contact them once I've actually surpassed the old WR, to be on the safe side. all of it is jumping-related.
>>
>>42864919

men have super aesthetic eyes and browridges than girls. i see lot of men in my uni have naturally nice eyebrows and narrow eyes.

but ive been noticing that more women have squarish/rounder faces than men.
>>
I got 4 hours sleep last night, is it ok to lift later or should I wait for tomorrow?
>>
>>42883245
i wouldnt personally lift
fix your sleeping m8
>>
Do wrist curls actually do anything for forearms? Are they just a waste of time?
>>
File: 1504275776271.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1504275776271.gif
178KB, 160x160px
I am a 5'7 manlet at 150 lbs and my tested bench 1RM is 185 lbs.
Is it possible for me to hit 225 3RM by the end of the year if I only want to gain 3 lbs per month?
>>
>>42883517
Only one way to find out.
>>
I'm doing Upper/lower split 4 days per week.and I can't progress if I do OHP, Benchpress and incline benchpress in the same day.
Should I ditch one exercise ? Or do one on legs day?
>>
>>42883245
For me I'd still lift if I was doing volume but wait for tomorrow, or at least try to have a nap for an hour or so, if I was doing strength
>>
>>42883841
I would ditch incline bench. Those muscles are already getting worked plenty by bench and OHP.
>>
Is it fine if i use more than 30 reps as long as i can still reach failure in under 30 seconds within the set?

I'm currently on equipment shortage but still want to get as much muscle volume as possible with what i have.
>>
Best routine for 3 sessions a week?
PPL or U/L etc etc
>>
>>42881122
Anyone?
>>
Literally everything I've eaten today is homemade chili
Am I going to be okay
>>
>>42884448
yes
>>
>>42875820
I saw it at my local library a couple times. Seems like it might be bullshit considering we eat a ton of sugar anyways. But then again he could be right

Is it worth the read?
>>
should lateral raises be on pull or push? exrx says theyre a pull exercise
>>
favourite upper body pull exercises?
>>
Going to start free weight squats today - I haven't squatted before. Should I do 5x5 or 3x10?
>>
>>42885286
Pullups and seated cable row.
>>
>>42885286
weighted chins
any chest supported row
>>42885325
I like 3x5
>>
>>42885247
->delts = push (except rear delts, those go on pull day)
>>42884291
don't do 5/3/1 as a new lifter, slow gains. do linear programming
>>42884084
sounds pretty shit mate, but sometimes you gotta work with what you have I guess
>>
>>42875408
Most milk products will have similar sugar content. Lactose - milk sugar.
>>
>>42874445
bump
>>
File: 1496308569059.jpg (51KB, 704x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496308569059.jpg
51KB, 704x720px
A tiny amount of piss or something leaks out after lifting. What is the cause? Pretty sure it's related to my back.
>>
I can't do a bw pullup, is the assisted pullup/chin machine worth using? Of course I would put it at the lowest weight possible
>>
I'm doing 5/3/1 BBB and I've been able to progress on my AMRAP every session until last week I fucking failed squat super early (goal AMRAP was 7 and I managed 4).

It was my second 4 week cycle of the program and it was the on the 1 week. I have been working out for a couple years so I already could squat decently for reps, but this was the first time 5/3/1 asked me to lift beyond anything I'd squatted before. About 15lbs beyond my previous rep max.

It felt incredibly heavy. I normally don't have too much of a problem pushing myself to the AMRAP goal to either push up my 1RM or keep it the same, but this time I totally failed.

I also had really shit sleep that week so that could be a factor.

Is this normal for the program? Bad days happen, I get it. But, when lifting beyond anything the body is used to, could CNS being unready for it be a factor?

In a related question, I also did shitty on my OHP for that week, but my arms failed well before I even felt tired or worked. Is this normal for OHP? I know it's the hardest lift to progress on.
>>
>>42885530
you would see quicker results doing negatives instead of assisted
>>
File: 6ewbo6svuniz.jpg (98KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
6ewbo6svuniz.jpg
98KB, 992x558px
Is there anything wrong with going for a new 3rm every intensity day instead of a 5rm?
>>
I'm sick, how do I keep my gains?
How much of a difference do weightlifting shoes make?
>>
Is soccer 4 hours a week worth it for the social gains, even though I will lose my noob gains? Looking mostly to gain mass so trying to keep cardio to min.
>>
>>42867440
Sleep matters. What you eat before you train matters. Amount of stress matters. Mental focus matters. Time of day for your training sesh matters.
>>
>>42886024
why is this?
>>
File: How's this.jpg (48KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
How's this.jpg
48KB, 600x431px
What's a good way to add some fiber to a protein shake? I nornally just have vanilla with milk and a banana to keep it light but filling.
>>
>>42886907
literally any fruit
>>
>>42886473
If your gonna jog many miles maybee not but if you just walk around then run as fast as you can when you see some open space or are going in for a tackle etc it can at least help you build some explosivnes which is good for strenght gains
>>
So I work at a job that has me on my feet for 7.5 hours straight 3 days a week. I have been doing this job for almost a year now and have always been fine but only lately my legs have been getting sore on my days off. 3 months ago I would feel nothing but today I have some pretty bad DOMS. My legs should be getting stronger shouldn't they? Why would I suddenly be getting DOMS now if nothing has changed?
>>
Can't sleep, waking up in 5 hours. My gym session is in the morning. Should I take a day off or go anyway?
>>
>>42886473
Why would you lose your noob gains?

Cardio isn't a literal gains vampire, you just shouldn't do cardio directly before lifting because it will make lifting harder. You should be doing cardio, either after lifting or on alternate days.
>>
>>42886999
Im in the same boat as you lets just do it anway motherfucker devil may care
>>
What are the benefits and downsides to using one db to db bench?

I only have one loadable db and I sometimes do it, but don't have enough info to make it permanent.
>>
>>42887009
Okay we can do this man
Now how the fuck am I gonna fall asleep
>>
>>42887037
Open window, lay in bed close eyes dont think about anything is usually how i fall asleep
>>
File: 08103810239710.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
08103810239710.png
6KB, 205x246px
So i'm out of shape, recently started using a treadmill to get rid of my tits, when all of a sudden I noticed my penis felt like it was missing. I look into my shorts and see that it has FUCKING SHRUNK into my body like a shy tortoise, only the head of my dick is sticking out with my foreskin overhanging like a granny's loose stocking. Even my balls became super tight but they didn't retreat into my body.
Is this shit normal? It happens only when exercising hard and I have only ever noticed it one time before when I was throwing up some years ago. Its like my dick turns into a baby dick.

Is it because I'm fat? Will this ever stop? Is it normal?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-17-09-30-58.jpg (141KB, 1035x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-17-09-30-58.jpg
141KB, 1035x1339px
I'm interested in improving my cardiovascular health, because it's total shit.

Does this seem like a decent workout for that goal? It's 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, which I feel is a sustainable, consistent thing I could do.
>>
File: 1467840703279.jpg (342KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467840703279.jpg
342KB, 1280x1280px
>>42864919
What will give me better cardio gainz? Bjj or muay thai?
>>
>>42887094
Muay Thai
>>
File: jtFOn1J.gif (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jtFOn1J.gif
197KB, 500x500px
>>42887094
running away from my unwanted sexual advances
>>
File: IMG_1635.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1635.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What's my bf %?
>>
>>42887094
Actual cardio.
>>
>>42886934
Anything specifically? I was thinking some kind of berry. I know I'm being lazy with this. I just figured I'd ask while I finished some errands and then look it up later tonight when I had more time.
>>
File: 1502681065822.jpg (472KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1502681065822.jpg
472KB, 1080x1350px
>>42887110
say that to my face and not online see what happens

>>42887181
>Actual cardio.
fuck outta here
>>
File: 1494050349638.png (126KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494050349638.png
126KB, 500x456px
I've been on SL for aprox a year, my stats:
100 poons OHP
295 DL
255 SQ
1pl8 BP

What would be a good split to jump into?
>>
>>42887172
FAT
>>
I'm doing seated rows with this grip.

But : I have the hands of a tiny girl (I'm a manlet) and when using heavy weights it really fucks up my hands.

Is my grip totally wrong? Should I start wearing gloves? Or do you just develop calluses as you do this?
>>
any poiint on bulking over a 250 surplus?
>>
whats a good replacement for back extensions?
>>
>>42887391
deadlifts
good mornings to some extent i guess
>>
File: 1488.jpg (53KB, 486x533px) Image search: [Google]
1488.jpg
53KB, 486x533px
>>42887403
>good mornings to some extent i guess
just get your first copy of muscle & fitness? good mornings work the posterior chain better than deadlifts, because there is no leg involvement. Good mornings are essentially weighted hyperextensions.
>>
>>42870388
try weights
>>
Do I need a serving of fruit every day? I usually try to get one serving of fruit and one serving of green vegetables or carrots.
Is this in any way necessary?
>>
>>42866233
yeah pretty good

can you do squats with no weight? If so then start doing squats while holding dumbbells and progress from there if your fracture is healed
>>
>>42887172
HIGH
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cYkHzcOyEYo
Form check plz
>>
I've recently switched over from SS to PPL. Am I supposed to keep bulking or no? I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
If you fail your cut one day, is it better to eat at a bigger deficit the next day or just continue on with your cut as if nothing happened?

Asking cause the fucking buffet got me. It got me.
>>
>>42889843
Just continue as if nothing happened. Yes, it's a minor setback, but it's better than getting into vicious cycles of fuck-ups. As a matter of fact, the whole "eat too much one day, then punish yourself the next" thing often leads to fullblown eating disorders.

Accept the MINOR setback. If it really bothers you, choose not to let it happen again.
>>
>>42889858

Thanks. Just never thought how hard it was to decide NOT to eat with so much peer pressure, stress, hunger, appetite, etc etc. People who cut successfully are fucking mental tanks.
>>
>>42889899
I've found that the key is to actually spend some time every day working on your motivation. Whatever motivates you - even if it's looking at half naked dudes on the internet - take some time to think about that every day. Your goal will be fresh in your mind 100% of the time, rather than something you thought about 14 days ago and now suddenly doesn't seem as important as you're sitting there at a restaurant.

I think this is what makes the difference between those who make it and those who don't. Keep the goal the goal.
>>
File: 1504492437871.jpg (50KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504492437871.jpg
50KB, 700x600px
New to /fit/ and lifting here.

>recently started an AxBxCxx routine less than two weeks ago (pic related)
>already experiencing minor lower back spasms

Well, shit. How did I fuck up, and what can I do to fix this?
>>
>>42890131
shit form most likely, have you had it checked by someone in person or a video on here? watching yourself in the mirror doesnt count for a number of reasons
>>
>>42890131
>gslp
woah wait, you'll have to deload 10% eventually and then the first two sets arw just far too easy and they gonna stay easy for some weeks
modify it in a way that the first two sets are not too easy after a deload
protip: if the weight (intensity) goes the sets and reps (volume) have to go up if you want to have an equal stress
>>
>>42889165
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>42889111
if it's high bar switch to lowbar
and maybe shove your knees out a bit further
other than that its fine
>>
>>42887909
yes
>>
>>42887387
>>42890584
>>
>>42887383
if doing pulling exercises grab the bar like a monkey/ape would, not like a human
also this
>Or do you just develop calluses as you do this?
>>
>>42887220
I'm very happy with candito linear and candito 6 week. especially the latter is great for keeping the motivation up
>>
>>42887220
don't do 531 or gslp
>>
File: 1499958268499.jpg (220KB, 600x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1499958268499.jpg
220KB, 600x1607px
Is doing my normal SS workout once a week enough to maintain my strength and mass?
>>
>>42887076
blood rushes from your penis to your muscles
you don't need cardio for losing fat you need caloric deficit
cardio helps though
your dick will be longer if you lose weight
>>
>>42887079
I thought cardio should be done in zone 2 to prevent less muscle gains
3x30 min is great but most cardio plans are 1-2 per week 30-45 min normal cardio and then once per week something like hiit or other "shocking" stuff like that
>>
>>42887030
easier to cheat
>>
>>42886982
this may not be doms but hardening or cramps. do some stretches
protip: 3x20s 3x/week
>>
what's a good movie to watch with a chick?
>>
>>42886982
and keep eating
>>
>>42890721
Star Wars 3 x 3
>>
>>42886206
you're not sick
when the weight gets heavier it's important to make the connection of the foot and the floor more stable. they're great if you have flexibility problems in the squat but they make deadlifts especially sldl more difficult so I diddly in chucks
>>
>>42886071
how about you read practical programming you lazy piece of shit
>>
>>42885997
>alan thralls latest video on 531
>>
>>42885512
see a doctor
women pee when they lift very heavy
>>
>>42884127
ULU
ppl 3x/week is shit. upper body needs to be done at least 2x/week, legs regenerade slower
>>
>>42883407
forarm muscles grow very slow just like calfes
do them and also grip work just don't expect too much
>>
>>42882734
slight headache shouldn't prevent you from lifting
>>
>>42881959
you're a woman right?
you're not gonna lose 10 lb in one week, your body won't allow it. but there are a lot of eating disorder/thinspo blogs on tumblr that are great for motivation for girls
>>
>>42881684
the less amount of steroids you use the less side effects and the less gains you will get. obviously you can optimize everthing a bit though
you cound just use a little test instead for instance
>>
>>42880175
no you need to stretch

>>42880201
sets of five are great. don't focus on the deadlift, just one set per week or so. see it as an exercise to learn how to use the muscles built with squats and pullups in a pulling movement
>>
>>42890650
yes
>>
>>42880508
Can you describe the pain a bit more? Is it lower back pain? Did you get it after a set of heavy DL/squat? Is it a sharp pain or a persistent 'heaviness' in that area?

If the heaviness answer, it's probably you're either doing DLs or squats with bad form, or you have a weak core, or most likely both. If it's not very sharp it will go away in about a week, although you can still go light in the gym and avoid back movements.

If bad form, correct it watching youtube videos and/or filming yourself and posting on /fit/.

If weak core (I've visited a physiotherapist for exactly this reason before), then every day do these exercises/stretches on a mat: go on all fours and arch your back to the floor as if you were trying to put your back and ass together, then do the exact opposite, try to only to raise your lower back as high as you can. Then lay with your back flat on the floor with knees bent and try to squeeze the mat with your lower back.
Do all these for 20+ seconds while you breath and do a couple sets. Then stretch your back.

At the gym, on top of those, also do ab exercises like dragonflies, hanging leg raises, russian twists or ab wheel.

If it still noticeably hurts, go see a doctor.
>>
How bad can a brosplit be really with good exercise selection, variety of rep ranges (most focus in the 8-15 though), progression scheme, planned deloads, good diet?

Personally I don't enjoy most other splits, made gains on a brosplit but what if I stuck to a full body or Upper/Lower routine for a longer time, would my gains skyrocket/increase by a noticable amount? Those routines didn't get me excited to go the gym but brosplits do.
>>
>>42890901
If brosplits get you motivated do them, you are still gonna make gains. Everyone i know that actually looks like they lift has achieved it on a brosplit.
>>
What length is a penis considered big?
>>
File: 1503454789623.png (529KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1503454789623.png
529KB, 1500x1500px
Is bulking at a 300 calorie surplus a good idea for someone at 75kg 190cm? I have been on stronglifts for 3 or so months and want to keep increasing weight.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170917-121608.png (250KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170917-121608.png
250KB, 1080x1920px
I'm 183cm, 80 kg late novice/early intermediate. I want to do texas method while gaining 1kg/month for the next 10 months. is this a good variation (focus should be on ohp) and a smart idea in general? any suggestions?
>>
>>42890919
8x6
>>
>>42890919
Dont worry about it, there is literally nothing you can do to change it. The average is 5 and a half inches, so anything above that is probably fine. Im a 6.3 inch virgin (measured it out of boredom one day), im not even thinking about that shit until i get laid.
>>
>>42890926
yes, but only if it means gaining 0.6 lb per week.
your numbers are probably incorrect and vary from day to day. focus on the amount of weight you want to gain instead
>>
>>42890926
Absolutely, remember listening to a podcast were they mentioned a study showing that a bigger surplus than 400 won't increase muscle gains by much, just fat.

Only benefit of a larger surplus is strength gains/recovery.
>>
>>42890953
Thanks for the advice
>>
What grip do you guys use for front squats
>>
File: 1502926687050.png (1MB, 999x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1502926687050.png
1MB, 999x1173px
>>42890962
Noted
>>
/fit/ is there anything you guys do before or after workouts to help enhance their effects? Especially pertaining to losing weight.
>>
>>42890974
he dead though
>>
>>42890993
Jesus died and came back. I just want rich to do the same.
>>
>>42891000
He had a good mindset everyone should be inspired of, shit advice when it comes to training though.
>>
File: 1491623396334.jpg (112KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1491623396334.jpg
112KB, 1001x1001px
GSLP (as per the book 3rd edit with some aestheticfaggot plugins and conditioning, not /fit/s or phraks) or GCZLP (T1 big four, T2 suitable assistance work, T3 dudebropumpshit)? I just need to get yuuuuge and have not yet maxed out noob gains, but I tried and loved both and cannot decide now. Someone give me unbiased pros and cons please, I have no real time limit so slow progress is no con but long term sustainability should be a pro.
>>
>>42890597
Im trying to high bar but cut depth before
buttwink
>>
How do you get the heavy barbell on your back for squats without a rack brehs?
>>
Whey Concentrate or Isolates?

Don't really care about the difference, which one is better?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.