[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your dad /fit/ Are you proud of him? Is he proud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 44

File: IMissMyDad.png (1MB, 1500x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMissMyDad.png
1MB, 1500x2050px
Tell me about your dad /fit/

Are you proud of him?
Is he proud of you?

>I Miss my dad.
>>
>>42862339
Reddit is so fucking gay
>I do thing
>pls validate my life I'm so empty
>>
But did he add the weight of the spray paint?
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 563x542px
>>42862362
Reddit is figuratively gay. /fit is literally gay.
>>
Hard as fuck old farmer.

Am I proud of him?
Sure, worked like a beast all his life, now he is retired and does whatever the fuck he wants. Gave me everything I needed.

Is he proud?
No idea, we don't exactly have an emotional relationship.
>>
>>42862339
shouldnt he put a clear coat on that? I'd love to refurbish old shit for a living, it's gotta be so satisfying.
>>
I'm proud of him. He used to lift a shit tonne since he turned 18. He squatted 300KG, deadlifted 240KG, benched 180KG. Never used gear, just ate and lifted a LOT.

I doubt he's proud of me, since I'm a DYEL faggot still living at home at 25 and I'm currently unemployed and spend my days laughing infront of my computer and only lifting like twice a week.

He treats me fine, though.
>>
>>42862339
My dads gone. Passed away from cancer due to agent orange use in Vietnam. He was a hard army vet who worked his ass off until he couldn't anymore. I was very proud of him and hope he would be proud of me now.
>>
Hard to say. I respect him and love him from the bottom of my heart, but hes an alcoholic, even if hes a highly functioning one. I wish I could save him. Getting older and might die in his 60s at this rate.
>>
>>42862339
dads an ex british marine commando and firefighter

wants me to join the army, dont wana get my legs blown off in iraq but would love to follow his legacy
>>
I'd honestly say I have two dads, my mum has always been both a mum and a dad to me since she is tough as nails and my dad is even tougher, both hard working people.

I want to make them proud which I am working on.
>>
I dont know my dad, i was raised by my grandparents

But yes im proud of my grandpa
>>
>>42862339
>Are you proud of him?
Yes, he's managed to keep a stable relationship for nearly thirty years, and he's the one that made me want to lift and do rowing, and with his knowledge I become the best in my club
>Is he proud of you?
Fuck yes, he's mirim my endless pbs and dedication to sports
>>
the cunt is 50 and still making babies
>>
File: dad.jpg (90KB, 577x960px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
90KB, 577x960px
>>42862339
Well, my dad is a 45 years old man that still go into trips of 8km+ on his bicycle whenever he wants, can do hours of cardio without being too winded up (one day dude swam for 1:30 in the morning, them hit the gym at 14:00 and did one hour of cardio after he finished his routine).

To top everything, he is highly successful in his area and the nicest of the guys, you can bet I am fucking proud of him. He looks like that, too.
>>
Electrical engineer who worked for the local power co-op, great guy but died of leukemia when I was 11.

He did some really cool and secretive shit before I was born, including military contract stuff where he was shipped out to panama to work on black hawks and couldn't contact his family for months on end. I'd say I'm proud to have had him. He didn't lift at all though.

I'm sure he'd be proud of me - I'm self sustaining and make decent money in an IT job, but I'm not proud of myself. I feel like I'm stagnating.
>>
>>42862339
my dad is still alive and fine and great
but my grandfather was a beast who could pick the two biggest /fit/ posters up and conk their heads together like moe, well into his 80s

they had a 'turn in your guns' amnesty here in canada, they were collecting up a bunch of virgin 22s and shit
my grampa walks in with a chad fucking RPG and a case of live shells that was given to him by his unit in his army days
watched him build three homes for himself barehanded - from foundation to trimwork
>>
>>42862552
Your dad was hudson from cod black ops
>>
>>42862525

Nice double dubs

My dad sits in front of the computer all day and is out of shape, but he wants what's best of me. That much is clear.
>>
I grew up having admiration for my dad because he worked his ass off and was always strong. Said the most he cpuld ever bench was around 400. He was a mechanic for a long time. Few of the guys he worked with said he would move engine blocks by himself from truck to the floor. When I got older, I started noticing that he had given up that mentality. He started looking for the easy ways to be wealthy and just left his health to rot. He's not a bad guy now, just not the same person I grew up with.

I am still proud of him in most ways because he was always there for us. Hell, he broke the cycles of abuse he suffered from his own dad, physical and verbal. We just have not and never will see eye to eye on matters that are important or controversial.

Is he proud of me? I don't really know. We never really have a conversation these days that does not go down the shitter into an argument.
>>
>>42862339
>Are you proud of him?
I think he was at least partially inspired by me to get /fit/, he's lost a shitton of weight and feels so much better
>Is he proud of you?
I'd like to think so
>>
My dad runs marathons and is an Iron Man finisher. He's 62 and only started running around 55 or so. He ran a marathon one year after he had brain surgery to remove a bacteria that infected half his body.

I'm incredibly proud of him. He's my inspiration desu
>>
>>42862362
>I lift big
>I fuck chick
>please validate my life i'm so empty
>>
>>42862650
You sound like a woman.
>>
>>42862339
i bet those wights smell like shit.

hate the smell of spray paint.
>>
My dad was born into a military family as the youngest of 4 kids. Clawed himself out of poverty and now runs a successful local company. He used to be fat but he got in shape, had a 350 lb one-rep max at one time. He still lifts a couple times a week. He's a really loving guy, gave me a job working at his company.

I think he's proud of me because I started lifting recently (still am a skinnyfat fag but at least i'm lifting now), and I always try my hardest working for him. We have a great relationship
>>
did coke, died, lol
>>
File: 1498994974980.jpg (48KB, 460x676px) Image search: [Google]
1498994974980.jpg
48KB, 460x676px
Guys, how do I overcome bad parenting?

My dad was gone when i was 6 and mom never had time for me since she was always on double shift. I feel like i never had a dad nor a mom because of this.

For a long time i tried to get my dad's attention but he hated my mom for leaving him (he cheated on her many times, also an alcoholic) and i feel like he gave up on me since i'm her son. He died at the beginning of this year, left nothing but bills.

I feel so out of touch with people, i really don't get anything that's family stuff. I feel like this is hurting me socially pretty bad and holding me back. Specially when it comes to relationships. Wat do?
>>
See a fucking shrink please.
The only thing /fit/ will help you with is questioning your heterosexuality.
>>
File: 1381966365911.png (300KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1381966365911.png
300KB, 500x354px
My father isn't /fit/ but he was fit. Was an electronic engineer and had to carry around a 20kg toolbox all day erry day and walked around a huge factory.

I never wanted for anything as a child and he was always keen on getting involved in my life and doing things with me despite not being able to express emotions particularly well. He managed to regularly tell me he was proud of me, and still continues to, since going to university (literally the first person on his side of the family to ever be able to attend) and finding myself a job (and at the age of 27 finding myself in a position of earning more than he ever did).

He married my mother and is like a father to my half sister (who was 11 when he married my mother) and my nieces and my nephew only know him as grandad. He is a devoted family man and goes out of his way to help everyone.

He is a great man and I am proud to have him as a father.
>>
>>42862783
I would recommend seeing a therapist or something. sorry to hear that, man. Dr. Jordan Peterson on YouTube may be of help, but only marginally. You could look at and identify what your father did that caused him problems, and resolve to define yourself through the doing the opposite.
>>
>>42862783
go to church or find a girl with strong family bonds. be honest to her about your problems
>>
>>42862525
can you ask him what he does for calves for me
>>
>>42862814
Oh, and he's 67 right now and retired and still does shitlaods of building work around his new house. He recently built a load of decking and one of those wooden garden structures that plants grow all over.

I plan to name my first male child after him.
>>
>>42862362
idk the refurbishing weights is pretty cool
>>
>>42862896

I wonder if his son appreciated it.
>>
File: fuck.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
30KB, 633x758px
>every memory I have as a kid is filled with guitar music since it's his favorite hobby. Christmas morning, after dinner every night, hours when I was 7 and he tried to teach me
>always trying to help me with everything, like homework all my life despite not understanding any of it. if I wanted to pick up a hobby, he'd try to learn it with me. now looking back on all those long weekends or nights we'd stay up watching movies I realize he was exhausted from his job but he still made time.
> he was a runner his whole life and we completed tons of races together since I was 12 or so. Every weekend for years we'd run together.
>i inherited depression from him. he's always been understanding and tries to help me in any way he can despite still being severely depressed himself.
>his health started to deteriorate from stress from his job the last couple of years. his running started to decline. He has chronic pain and his hands shake all the time.
>he recently found out he has heart disease and they had to put in a stent. He still asked how soon he could start running again.
>tfw we never got to run a half marathon together
>tfw I don't know how to help him. I'd get a job to help him quit his but he shoots me down every time and says he wants me to focus on college.
>tfw we go to the store to buy lemonade like we do every week but he doesn't get one for himself because he doesn't want to eat sugar anymore for his heart but he seems really sad.
I'm proud of him and I want him to retire soon and be happy.
>>
My dad was a graphic designer in Japan. He tried to kill me multiple times in the tub when ever he bathed me by choking me and drowning me, abuse went on for a while till mom found out. He got hooked on cocaine and gambling and ended up selling our house and left my mom, me (2yrs) and my sister (4yrs) homeless.
>>
>>42862339
I find it hard to respect my dad. He isn't a bad man, but he is a weak man.

He tries to do good, but he lets everyone walk all over him, and he used to take it out on me when I was little. As a result I grew up as a weak, spineless manchild with anger issues. Obviously I'm trying to work on that now.

He claimed to have lifted before, but even though he is tall, he was always one of them smallest (and skinniest) men around, I'm assuming that's why even as an adult he'd always get picked on by literally everybody I've seen him talk to.
>>
>>42862896
Yeah I see no problem with being an attention whore as long as what you have to show is at least slightly interesting

Literally every time someone posts anything they made they're seeking some validation and a sweet dopamine high
>>
my dad was alcohollic who wasted his life away for booze

he died last december
he knew im not going to be chad.
>>
File: 1473831823587.png (17KB, 338x339px) Image search: [Google]
1473831823587.png
17KB, 338x339px
>>42862339
>powerlifter
>boiled chicken and steamed veggies 6 days a week
>Spent all time mentoring dyel older brother who clearly hated physical activities
>dyel brother moves across the country and never writes/calls
>Realize I was a better candidate for lifting and sports(18-20 at the time)
>Starts supporting me in stuff like gym and sports

I think he's over compensating for more or less ignoring me when I was growing but I think he's proud of me.
>>
File: sad marco.jpg (629KB, 1024x1007px) Image search: [Google]
sad marco.jpg
629KB, 1024x1007px
>>42862783
>tfw dad worked and volunteered at church so much that I never saw him
>from as far back as I can remember to the day I enlisted, he really wasn't there
>worked long hours but still poor because Cali standard of living
>only there to woop my ass or to not have sex before marriage
>learned everything I know about being a man by myself
>Marine Corps helped me mature and learn some life lessons the hard way
>mfw would hear stories from friends innaCorps about how cool their dads were

I can't hate my dad, can I? After all he never left, he just wasn't ever there.
>>
>>42863061
>*or to tell me not to have sex before marriage

and this is why my English 1A grade is shit
>>
>>42862339
My dad broke up with my Mum when I was 5, I'm pretty certain he cheated but people still refuse to tell me or my siblings despite the fact that the youngest of us is over 18.

I've seen him every week since the breakup and all I can say is that he's an awful rolemodel in most aspects, he's a skilled carpenter but only works when he can be fucked, he moved in with my nan because he can't be fucked to work and therefore can't afford anywhere he's also so unreliable that I wouldn't trust him to turn up to anything at all.

But he's probably one of the most likeable people I've met, really social and all of that stuff. And he's my dad, he's never been nasty or abused me and I just can't bring myself to dislike him at all because of that.

He's proud of me because I'm doing well in school I suppose but I wouldn't say I'm proud of him honestly, as harsh as it sounds.
>>
>>42862723
And why is that?
>>
>>42863101
>I'm pretty certain he cheated but people still refuse to tell me or my siblings despite the fact that the youngest of us is over 18.

Family is like that.

My nan, at 90 years old and just before dementia kicked in, told me about how my grandfather hit her once, so she hit him back and tore his suit, and after that he never touched her like that again.

She asked me not to tell my mother because she didn't know he ever hit her and she didn't want her to have any bad thoughts about her deceased father.

My mother was 60 years old.
>>
>>42862339

My dad is a literal communist and ex worker. He used to work in ship repairs where people had died and work was irregular to feed his family. Or so I thought. Somewhat recently I learned that work was regular and the pay was good. My father used to work enough to build up enough money to kick back and chill for months. We grew up like poorfags because he was a slacker and my abusive mother used all the money for herself. She even used to confiscate whatever money I got from relatives. I never had an allowance either. My father was rarely at home. He used to go out twice a day to get drunk and he spent his time home sleeping one off. He was a beta provider and a negligent parent who left me at the "mercy" of a monster of a mother. All he tried to teach me was elementary level math. Because he was out or out cold so much, I didn't look up to him. Instead heroes, gods and demigods such as Hercules, Thor and my grandpa who fought the nazis and the commies were my father figures.
I love my father and he loves me. But he neither has nor has he earned a son he can be proud of.
>>
>>42863143
Yeah, I doubt I'll get a clear answer any time soon honestly. It's never bothered me because it's just what I grew up with but knowing would be nice.
>>
>>42862339
My dad is awesome. Pretty much the closest to a perfect dad you can imagine.
>loves my mom dearly, sends her flowers on random days, sometimes pulls you aside and will say "an amazing thing about your mother is..." and will tell you something she did he found funny or endearing
>He builds incredibly precise hardwood furniture for fun. hand cut dovetails and jointery
>grew up building furniture with him in the garage
>always encouraged me and my brothers, coached our soccer teams, came to all my cross country races
>took me fishing any chance he could, if i ever turned him down he would start singing "cats in the cradle" and then laugh at me for feeling guilty
>teaches a class for married couples at the church
>Always made a point to apologize for any outburst or ill tempered moment
>taught me and my brothers how to box and will still slap box with you even though hes 58 and has had 2 hip replacements due to arthritis
>acts as a surrogate dad to many of my friends growing up, they still call him for advice
not even touching on his professional life, which is pretty damn impressive.

He says hes proud of me often. granted he still thinks i'm a christian even though i fell well away from the faith as a teen, I just fake it so him and my family arent constantly worrying about me. Im 23 and starting my career, he calls once a week or so to give me advice and catch up. we talk fitness a lot, hes impressed by me. I still havnt given him grandkids but watching him and my mom play with my niece and nephew its like theyre 20 years younger.
>>
my dad only lift 1 month, and then he stops.
1 month on gym, 1 month off
also, he follows memediets that first world countries stopped using, like "no-dinner"
>>
>>42863215
I'm happy for you anon, that sounds fucking fantastic.
>>
>>42862339
extremely proud of him
he's like arnold to me without the weightlifting
>early 20s
>came to america
>spoke zero english
>had 3 children
>now owns 5 houses
>owns his own business
>can barely speak english now(not enough to even make small talk)
>supported me through my fuck ups

is he proud of me though?
well im just making bad decisions and fucking up every other week now
so no i dont think so
>>
>>42862339
He's a truck driver who used to be an impressive lifter. He fucked up all his joints from going too hard and he constantly warns me to not over-do it.
>his max bench: 480
>max deadlift: 8??

He couldn't squat due to destroying his knees in a motorcycle crash.

We're definitely proud of each other. He may have not jizzed in my mom, but he turned a liberal pussy into a man.
>>
>>42862928
lol
>>
>>42863255
Thanks man, my whole family is a blast.
>My dad is basically an incredibly centered and good natured guy with a rock solid work ethic.
>My mom is a tiny, big haired ball of type A energy who gets more things done by 7AM than most people do all day, and is the most in the moment joyful person in the world
>older brother is a golden child, D1 soccer player till he got concussions, still cruised through a mechanical engineering masters degree with almost no effort. now has wife 2 kids and 90k a year at 26.
>Wrote a code that sent me an email every .5 seconds telling me "the time is now" till he crashed my gmail because he got bored
>oldest brother sorted out depression/manic/anger issues by age 25, is now 29and a huge vidya nerd with a terrifying level of enthusiasm for everything and a jovial nature. was a college soccer team trainer and was faster than all but 2 of the athletes despite having 1 fused ankle from injuries. we roomed together after i graduated for a few months, he sold me his old pc so we could game together
I cant wait to finish this stage of my career and move closer to home.
>>
>>42862339
If my father has ever been proud of me he has made no indication of it.

Though I am proud that he started with nothing and made something of himself, by his own description he just kinda stumbled into a comfy job in a government lab, and he didn't even have a degree or a diploma. My parents were the last of the boomers and have trouble wrapping their heads around not being able to just fumble your way into a good career at the age of 19.
>>
>>42863376
It sounds like it could be one of those old 90's sitcoms man, I'm jealous.
>>
my dad is, bar none, the smartest guy i've ever met in my life
>graduated from a small liberal arts school with 3 (three) degrees at 17
>phD in EE from MIT at 21
>been a top dog in industry for 30+ years
>always wanted what's best for me
>always pushed me to try my hardest
>supported everything i've ever done
he's the best guy in the whole world. every time i call home we talk about lifting and sports and politics and everything
i couldn't be prouder of him. i hope he's proud of me.
>>
File: 1476140656221.gif (3MB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1476140656221.gif
3MB, 640x479px
>anons post their cool and accomplished dads
>meanwhile I can't even say I love my dad, let alone be proud of him
>been feeling nothing but resentment for some years now
>rage bulding up inside
How do I let go of this hate?
>>
>>42863407
Rescue your father.
Sort yourself out.
>>
File: Tell me anon.jpg (409KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
Tell me anon.jpg
409KB, 220x301px
>>42863407
whats the nature of your disagreement with your father?
>>
>>42863388
Nice dubs
I've realized more as I've gotten older just how lucky I am to have a loving family thats actually really fun to be around.
I'm gonna go call my mom.
>>
>>42862339
>Tell me about your dad /fit/
He's an adjunct college professor who sacrificed tenure to raise me.
>Are you proud of him?
Yes, he's the smartest person I know and has other good qualities.
>Is he proud of you?
Yes
>>
>>42863407

Take heart, we're the ones who'll make it on our own.
>>
File: 1501594031097.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1501594031097.png
47KB, 632x852px
>>42862339
>tfw dont remember him once asking how my lifting session was in all of this 3 years of lifting, despite him asking where I'm going when I leave the house or where I was after I come home
>>
I don't know, I haven't seen him in 15 years
>>
My dad's a doctor and was a football player up until college. He was huge back in the day.

Now he mostly hikes, goes to work, drinks, and takes care of the family. He's the best man I know and I can only hope to be half the man he is. Love my dad.
>>
>>42862964
That's not true I only post to disrupt discussion
>>
>>42862525
dad calves
>>
>>42862841
>my dad is a 45 years old man that still go into trips of 8km+ on his bicycle
>>
>>42862395
as long as your not a dirt bag I reckon it's hard for men like that to not be proud of their sons. You should just tell him one day that you appreciate him for raising you. Do that shit right before leaving the house, or something don't lock him into dealing with the feels in front of you.
>>
My dad used to run for an hour every night until I was born (he was 46)

Dad is still strong as hell in his 70s...

...but man he is one of the worst human beings I have ever encountered

Beat my mom. Beat his kids. Was an utter failure at his job. Utter failure as a husband. Utter failure as a father. Taught me zero things. Had to figure everything out myself (elder brother is a drunk asshole)

Only thing I know about my dad is his out of control anger. Idiot gets angry at any and everything. Whines and complains all the time. One of the most negative people I've ever encountered. Never has a single positive thing to say about anyone. Blames "luck" for all his failures. Encouraged us to be lazy

Basically, any time I have to do something, I ask: is this what my dad would do?

If the answer is yes, I dont do it

It took meeting my wife and hanging out with them to understand what normal families actually are like

I'm smart, successful, fit and sociable irl.

But there is something broken in me because of my dad and shitty upbringing. Which is the reason why I'm on fucking 4chan
>>
>>42862339

Dont' they weight less after all that messing around?
>>
>>42862339
Petty criminal, drug dealer and possible murderer. Didn't know him too well.
>>
>>42862433
Oh, I'm so sorry anon. What about your other father, you collosal faggot?
>>
>>42862438
Ask him if he wants to he around for his future grandkids.
>>
>>42864622
let me guess you're black
>>
>>42864642
No, white Canadians.
>>
>>42862395
pretty much the same here, He did once tell me that as long as I made my money honestly then he would be proud of me.
>>
>>42862339
No. He's a fucking coward who goes out of his way to enable my mother's insanity. Living with them was hell.

I'm just a little bitter.
>>
I guess I'm proud of him lol.

Working on being something he can be proud of.
>>
>>42862783
>overcome bad parenting

I moved two states away when starting my career and barely speak to them. Once the bad is removed you can start focusing on adding more good, and improving yourself. Self determination is an exercise of pure will.

How do you want your life to be?
>>
>>42864637
He and I know I wont ever have kids, I can't even use that excuse.
>>
>>42862339
>Ex-marine
>Trained in multiple disciplines of martial arts
>Got me into weight training
I owe my life to that man. I am damn well proud, and i hope he is too
>>
>recovering cokehead/alcoholic
>some fucked up shit from my childhood as a result, but went to rehab and is 11 years sober
>even during the drug/drinking shit i never once doubted he loved me
>always supported everything ive ever been into
>when i was 14, he knocked up my ma again and now the little one is 6
>now i see how he raises kids from an observational perspective, and its great
>always tells me how proud he is of me
>struggles with bipolar type 1, i have bipolar type 2, we're always there for eachother

that list is a mess but i don't know how to fit how i feel about him into a couple bullet points, nomsayin. the man grew up in springfield, mass during the 80s suffering from (then undiagnosed) bipolar disorder and substance problems. though he slipped up when i was younger, he's always tried his best to do right by me. through good and bad me and my ma (and now my brother) have never gone without anything. we're relatively poor, but he busts his ass so we always have enough to get by. he's got his flaws of course, but as he grows older he's becoming more open to change and growth as a person. very much my role model, and though he's not a perfect guy, i'm incredibly fortunate to have him as a father.
>>
>>42862919
Doubt it tbqh desu
>>
>>42862339
Businessman who got pretty far in life, from poor kid with no education to a millionaire by 35. I look up to him, though i feel like he doesnt really feel proud of me from time to time considering my shortcomings and social ineptness. We don't particularly have a good emotional relationship, me being an autist and all.
>>
File: das.jpg (40KB, 533x600px) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
40KB, 533x600px
Parents split when i was a baby, 23 now and i haven't seen or talked to me dad for more then 22 years.

Apparently he was a massive alcoholic. He has another family now, a wife, and a kid who is probably like 18.
>>
File: 1503889317106.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1503889317106.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>42865567
>millionaire
fucking rich boy, get off my board
>>
File: f71.png (904KB, 533x567px) Image search: [Google]
f71.png
904KB, 533x567px
>>42863660
this desu
>>
>>42863259
>lives in america
>owns several houses
>doesn't speak english

I'm not even one of those people who want spanish speakers to leave america but literally why? why would you live and be successful in a place for decades and not bother to learn the language?
>>
>>42862339

>athletically gifted 6'2'', national rowing competitor in highschool
>academically gifted, IQ of well over 130, excelled throughout school
>His father was an alcoholic but still provided extremely well for him so he grew up well off
>dropped out of his first year at university and got into hard drugs
>popped out some kids with my mother
>never worked a day in the last 20 years
>bitter as fuck and addicted to morphine, spent my childhood sleeping and yelling at us if we made too much noise
>His lack of effort meant I grew up extremely poor

kind of just waiting till he dies so i can have some closure on the issue desu, not overly proud of him really.
>>
>>42862339

My old man could have died and I wouldn't know. I also wouldn't care. I have zero contact with my family. They will never see me again.
>>
Dad
>valor dictorian of his high school
>west point graduate
>air assault school
>ranger school
>airborne school
>got a PhD
>wrote a book
>currently a full colonel in the army

Mom
>West Point graduate
>NCAA Basketball player
>helicopter pilot
>air assault school (did the 12 mile ruck march in 2:07)
>out preformed most of the males in her first platoon at physical events

I've got big shoes to fill.
>>
>>42865796
when'd your dad graduate
>>
File: 1501620381261.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501620381261.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
>>42862362
>having a dad that really cares
So jelly. KYS.
>>
>>42862925
You deserve a (you), I'm sorry anon. Do aomething special for your dad, I know hell appreciate it.
>>
File: 1420358975696.jpg (329KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1420358975696.jpg
329KB, 2048x1536px
>>42862339

I love the dude...... but he's either so hyped up on religion he's convinced himself the material world doesn't matter, and just let it go and been content with seeking lower manual labor jobs (when he's always touted himself as being a really smart guy)

I've come to realize that... if he was so smart, he would've found a way to earn a higher wage to provide for my mother at least and give her more of what she deserves in this life. The older I get the more I look at him and kind of resent how much he hasn't seemed to "try" all these years.
He's a VERY positive masculine role model in the ways that it means to be a "guy". Like, he played football in high school. I get the sense that he absolutely slayed poon before he met my mom (and now he's ashamed of it & won't talk about it). Now he just seems to be content living out his days however they may come to him... he doesn't seem to aspire to be much more. He's a great guy... but not at all in the ambitional sense. In every other sense, yes. With ambition. He's lacking. He doesn't seem to value it. And he doesn't seem to value the mindset of "getting ahead" in life...... he's very content.... which is not what I want. But now he's managed to put me in the weird position as the first-born.... now I'm starting to feel really RESPONSIBLE for picking up his slack. If this dude dies he basically leaves NOTHING for my mother. As a man in his late 50s, I appreciate the sacrifices he made for me growing up, but I feel he should've been able to provide more. He doesn't even have an IRA, yet used to read business/finance books all through my childhood. It's like... what were you DOING then, dude?? I don't want to end up being that kind of guy in that way. He's chock full of advice of what "other" people should do... but he hasn't ever cultivated the mindset to actually follow any of his own advice.
>>
>>42865796
>valor dictorian

But still your parents failed
>>
>>42862339
>Worked since he was like 4
>All my life he worked nights so would only see him for a few hours a day
>Retires my senior year of high school
>Spend more time with him and my mom
>Had a fall about 3 years back
>Since then he's slowly slipping more and more into his dementia

At least I got to spend a few years with him before it really hit. He still acts normal, but something is off.
>>
>>42866231
>he's convinced himself the material world doesn't matter
it doesnt really
>>
>>42862339
A hardass with a lot of issues that I think genuinely cares about me.

Something happened to him today though that needs a big family meeting, I don't know what though. I've never really liked the man, but I have respected him, and he's my dad, I hope he's okay.
>>
>>42866294
sure but I get the sense that you're coming at it from a nihilistic POV.

he comes more at it from a "I'm going to heaven for sure so I don't need to figure out anything other than that!" POV.
>>
File: 1476333623382.jpg (7KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
1476333623382.jpg
7KB, 249x203px
>>42862339
damn man, that dads a gold star. I hope the kid doesn't take him for granted. what a man. I wish i believed my dad was as proud as me.
>>
File: 1494728470661.jpg (18KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1494728470661.jpg
18KB, 500x461px
>>42865579
thats brutal man.
>>
old gook from vietnam who switched from civic engineering in vietnam to computer engineering once he came to cali. barely spoke english too and got into ucla. went from poorfag to +100k. not bad for a father of 1st gens.

>Are you proud of him?
he's not very fit by any means but he's made it through hard work in other ways.

>Is he proud of you?
I dont think so. I always liked language arts and history and really non-science and non-mathematics based subjects in general. both my parents have math/science degrees but my sister and I are the complete opposite. he thinks i dont apply myself enough most of the time (i apply myself to be way better than most normies but not as autstically as he did in nam). also ticked him off when i put off schoolwork until like 6pm to wrestle or lift.
>>
>>42862339
Deadbeat Irish dad
He's come a long way so I'm a bit proud despite having to be the man of the house take care of my mum and sisters since the age of 10. I ended up growing up really fast.

He's proud. Though he's convinced that I'll one day drop the STEM meme and join his business.
>>
>>42862925
That's a good man, you treasure that fucker.
>>
>>42862339
I fucking love my dad.
He grew up in a poor preacher's family in South Africa. Went to the army, did his time. He studied law, became a lawyer, but hated it, then moved on to agriculture and made some very important discoveries there.

He got an offer to work as a banker (working with uber rich farmers) and did that for a couple of years. Then we moved countries and he's been struggling for employment since. He's an incredibly hard worker, but completely overqualified, and too old for people to consider his applications here. So he started working in a tin packing factory and I could see him slip into a depression. Finally he couldn't take it anymore and started his own handyman business. Worked 16 hour days 7 days a week for months, but I saw him climb out of his depression. He's now teaching agricultural science as apart timer.

I had a lot of problems with him growing up, and we clashed heads on several occasions, but as I get older I can see things more from his perspective and just how incredibly hard he worked purely to give us more than he had.
I have nothing but respect for him and I will be happy to be half the man that he is.
>>
>>42865595
my money couldn't make up for the amount of spaghetti falling out of my pockets though.
>>
>dad was one of the best boxers in his little area of the Soviet Union as a young lad
>his dad and grandpa were also great boxers
>always wanted me to do boxing, but because of my moms fear of me getting brain damage + me being a lazy fuck I never did it
>just did Judo instead during my childhood but had to stop after I destroyed my knee
>always felt like he was disappointed in me for not carrying on the tradition
>about to turn 19
is it too late to start? I just want to compete in youth leagues if anything
>>
>>42862339
My dad was an electrical engineer for aircraft but I never got the sense he worked in any leadership position or was more than a mere cog. He lost his mind and now chases transsexuals. I haven't talked to him in about 10 years.
>>
>>42862339
>Are you proud of him?
No, he's a beta cuck.

>Is he proud of you?
No, I turned into a literal drug addict. Relapsed hard (using 24/7 every minute is saturday night) and been sober for a week.
>>
Strongfat car mechanic with a corporate day job.

I don't know how the motherfucked dose it. Works 9-5 organizing a huge ass multi national company than comes home, takes a shit, a nap and drags me out to the garage to work on some beat up junker for another 6 hours. Comes home and props dead. Wakes up in the morning to do it all over again.

I love him to no end. And I'm glad his my dad.

I hope he's proud of me. But he's ex military. So he averages about 5 sentences and 2 facial expressions a week.
>>
>>42862339
Mine would be ambivalent I reckon. He was a good man with a devil on his back. Came up a druggy black sheep in an engineering family, made his money honestly and worked hard but was a weekend warrior of a coke fiend. His 2nd wife was a psychopath who tore the family apart a year after pa had gotten clean sober and met a woman who he didn't know was clinically hospitalization insane. He died while I was out of state and we weren't talking. I know he had his demons, but as I've yet to slay my own, I'm not sure where we would stand today. Probably both looking over the edge wondering if we should jump on 3.
>>
>>42862928
Did you avenge your honor or do live with great shame?
>>
>>42862928
I go to NA meetings because I'm an addict myself. I've met people like your dad before and they've change for years but their family usually don't forgive them, even after more than a decade of being sober.
>>
My dad is a great guy. He took over his father's buisness and grew it from his fathers small local business selling squeegees on the streets of Germany in the 60s to world wide leader in the industry. He's is a multi millionaire for sure, all through his own skill and drive. He's 50 and has retired. He's a good dad, teaches me all the things he can though it's mostly about business and real estate and the stock market and taxes. He's not really mechanically inclined or fit, but he is 6'2" 280 and is extremely strong.
I think he's proud of me. I failled out of engineering school, and was in a pretty dark place mentally for a while while I decided what I wanted to do with my life.
I went to work as a machinist for a while while I earn an associates, and he's proud of me for finding a path
He does focus on money too much. He tends to think that because he brings home the money, which he does better than almost anyone else in the world, that it absolves him of being morally responsible sometimes. "when you bring home the money, then you can ask about (help with dishes, some living condition, etc)"
Now that he's retired, the lack of challenge is getting to him. He's a lot more of a dick then he used to be.
>>
>>42862480
That's a useless degradation of the term "mom". Just be proud of your mom and your dad.
>>
>>42862362
>man, i wish my dad was supportive of my hobbies.
>i know! i'll put down other, more supportive parents to make up for the giant gaping hole in my chest!

this dude was just trying to do something nice for his son. why you gotta be like this?
>>
>>42862339
He's nice enough. That's really it. I know he's proud of me for getting my shit together and going to college and for taking the time to consistently practice guitar for the past ten years.
>>
File: IMG_0829.jpg (40KB, 280x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0829.jpg
40KB, 280x342px
>>42862339
I respect my dad and love him to death, but he's definitely let me down as I've gotten older. After he married my step mother 15 years ago he's slowly treated me as the step son, where as my little sister's were now the focus of all his time/money. The only time he would pay for anything of mine is if it was court mandated, such as school clothes and the like, but still talked to me every night about school and wrestling.

Part of me feels sorry for him, knowing that he is in a terrible fucking marriage to a woman that doesn't love him and children that despise him, which is why I still hold on to the notion that he's still my best friend I'll ever have as I am to him.

But at the end of the day I love him more as an extremely close friend more than my father

>sorry for the reddit spacing and blog posting
>>
>>42862339

He's a NEET and plays video games all day while living off my grandma and my step-mom. He has taken care of me but never really "raised" me nor has he been much of a role model. He did discipline me and made me focus on school which was probably for the best since this area is so shitty that getting out of here would be best. He does say he's proud of me but it doesn't really make me feel anything to hear that
>>
File: f7f[1].jpg (152KB, 747x599px) Image search: [Google]
f7f[1].jpg
152KB, 747x599px
>>42862339
>>I Miss my dad.
>>
>>42862339
No, he always hated me and was abusive. At least until i told my mom about it and custody was moved to her.
>>
I'm never going to be a father.
I'll fuck it up too badly.
>>
File: bigdoggo.jpg (57KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
bigdoggo.jpg
57KB, 606x592px
Never knew my father. Bailed out on my mom when she had me, came back once or twice. Ultimately she told me he didn't want a kid and wasn't ready to be a father, so I guess I'll have to take her word for it, as she refuses to tell me his name (and no I'm not a nigger). My step father (legally my father since he officially adopted me and I'll refer to as "dad" from now on in this post) I am proud of. He's a good man. He works hard to provide for me and my sister, who he had with my mother. I don't know if he's proud of me, we argue a lot, and I generally isolate myself from them, as we don't share many interests. The whole family situation is fucked up, my dad and sister are the most normal of them all. Mom is fucking nuts, but hey, what are you gonna do right? We fight all the time but I love her all the same. I don't know if she loves me though, as she was forced to raise me and I kinda ruined her life plans, she seems to resent me. We've been to therapy many times but we still never fixed anything. My dad though, love him to bits.
>tl;dr
Yes I am proud of him, I'm not sure if he's proud of me.
>>
>>42865712
dont know never bothered to ask
i guess if he need a translator he got his kids to do that for him
he speaks a small amount of english
but i wouldnt say enough to hold small talk with people
>>
I'm really fucking proud of him but I had anger issues as a kid and said some hurtful things kids say. As I got older I realised he'd have fucking killed any other person(he a hard army motherfucking son of a bitch) , but he really loved me despite all that. He lived in another state so he travelled by train every fucking weekends to visit us.
My dad's family are fucking shit though but h is too nice for his own good, giving them money and whatnot, he isn't really good with social interactions so he becomes a pushover, kind of a bootlicker(joied army as a noob so maybe remanant of those days) when interacting with other people, which irritates me , why fake a personality ?
I hope he is proud of me, but I don't think he is. I am fucking nothing compared to him, really. He is a fucking officer with medals and shit and his uniform and people salute him wherever he goes, on top of that he is still very active and fit, is great with family. I'm just a manlet autist
>>
>>42862395
Literally the same as my farmer dad, always provided but never really had a relationship with him. Makes my mom happy though which is all that matters
>>
>retired miner
>good handyman
>together with mother gave no shit about me sitting at computer for hours when I was kid
>now together with mother give me shit that I sit at computer all day and fuck up college
>irritable as fuck over everything
>think I'm going to kill myself if I fast for few days

They probably aren't proud of me, but they brought it on themselves.
>>
>former drug addict hippy.
>officer school drop out due to drugs, despite being a crack shot and groomed for military by grandfather
>from his second family. First was a spectacular failure, ours wasn't that much better.
>never accomplished anything of importance
>still smokes pot, and is in denial about steady decline of health in old age
>never had an interest in fitness other than cycling, but at least respects my lifestyle.

He is proud of me.
I am not particularly proud of him.
>>
>always grew up fat
>parents didnt teach discipline in eating
>too busy working or volunteering at their church to spend time with me

>want to go on a diet at age 16
>5"9 appr 300 pounds
>ask parents to buy certain things at grocery store and not buy any soda or chips for me
>every night for 2 weeks after going on diet parents have my favorite unhealthy meals for dinner
>cave in and go off my diet
>same thing happened every ~6 months until i moved out

fuck them. its one thing to not teach your kids how to be healthy because you dont care about your own health, but actively sabotaging your own kids health for whatever reason is so shitty
>>
>>42866612
DO IT
>>
>already is 67 but still fairly good health
>doenst really care bout my hobbies but always listens to me
>very chill guy but kinda beta
I think he is proud of me despite that I grow and sell weed
I tried to help him with getting fitter but he doesnt seem to understande the importance
>>
>>42862339
Army captain dad. Very athletic, a mentor to his men and is skilled in Silat. I felt ashamed of myself for not living up as Dad's eldest son.
>>
File: triumph.jpg (439KB, 1920x1448px) Image search: [Google]
triumph.jpg
439KB, 1920x1448px
>>42863215
Your dad fucking made it. Gods bless.
>>
>>42862339
My dad is the best internist in the large university hospital of my city. He's famous beyond the borders of the country for this. He used to get up at 3:30 AM every day for 30 years plus he's quite smart, so that's probably the secret of his power.

I like him kinda and he does like me kinda too I guess, but overall we think more in terms of what is the duty to be fulfilled, he's not so emotionally attached to anything except the duty and I think providing for his family is one of his prime duties.

It's great to have his genes, but I don't have his discipline, and I'll never be near as great as him. At least I know about statistics and about regression to the mean so I don't have to fully blame myself for that. What's annoying is that people are always amazed that I'm his son and then want to find out whether I'm awesome or awful, it's kind of like they can't imagine I'm just solid as I've always been.
>>
File: tumblr_oo3x5lmde71un96evo1_1280.jpg (95KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo3x5lmde71un96evo1_1280.jpg
95KB, 600x374px
basically jerry from rick and morty but less of a caricature and more of a troubling reality. fuck this non functional family, i blame it for everything that's wrong with me mentally
>>
>>42863586
Are you me?
>>
File: afb672e5dd1d9feb559c048f562f93dc.jpg (205KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
afb672e5dd1d9feb559c048f562f93dc.jpg
205KB, 1200x1800px
>>42862362
Normally I would agree with you, but that guy isn't the average attention whore. He actually did some handywork that was interesting, and presented it along with his post.
>>
I can't really make real friends with people who come from good families because of this resentment i have. they'll never understand what's it like growing up without any place at all where you can feel 100% relaxed and loved and cared for and sure of people having your back.

my paren't always tried to make it look like they care but ultimately the didn't when it mattered

i'm repulsed when my mother tries to hug me and feel annoyed when my father wants to talk to me

like ffs man why do you expect me to act friendly when you've never once stood up for me or helped me when it really mattered and always brushed my troubles with "he's a good kid he'll take it and be ok" well i was taught to take shit and I'm not definitely not ok despite what you may think
>>
File: Pacific.jpg (238KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific.jpg
238KB, 640x638px
Biracial family, my dad married a Chinese immigrant and then moved to America from Europe. I hate hate hate to say it like this but my dad is kind of a pushover. It feels sometimes like my mother ate whatever was inside him and just puppets him around now. He's a really nerdy engineering type. Makes good money as a software engineer, and if there's at least one thing great about him it's that he's always kept up with the cutting edge of technology. Never have to help him with working a phone or computer. He keeps to himself and likes to learn by himself. He gardens to.

I think he's proud of me inasmuch as I'm almost 19 and have made much of myself. I sometimes think he's scared of me because my mother armchair-analyzed my awkwardness as psychopathy when I was a kid, told my dad that, and they've both believed it ever since. Our relationship isn't very emotional. I couldn't imagine confiding my personal feelings to either parent; dad wouldn't know what to do and mom would yell at me.

Brother (5yr older) molested me when I was young. It's so distant a memory that it almost feels like a dream, but I've had sex with girls like 4-5 times and have yet to cum naturally from penetration so there's this underlying fear I have that I might be permanently damaged goods from the experience (and or an unconscious homosexual). As time goes by, I wonder if something happened to my brother when he was younger, cause I can't imagine somebody molesting their younger brother unless they were damaged by something in their own past. Maybe my parents had something to do with that? It's too late to know now.
>>
My dad bailed out on my mom before she had me ,never met the fucker.
Should I meet him ?
>Dad wasn't even a nigger
>>
File: 1499223955819.png (351KB, 366x438px) Image search: [Google]
1499223955819.png
351KB, 366x438px
>>42862362
>occasionally check gaming subreddit
>everytime the front page has some fucking attention whore who did an arts n craft project featuring Zelda, Mario or Fallout

The cringe is off the charts. How can they keep upvoting such pretentious garbage.
>>
>>42868223
>watches rick and morty
gee I wonder why your family is so fucked
Protip: its you
>>
>>42868307
Did you resolve it with your brother, or never spoke about it?
>>
>>42862925
My grandpa had a stent put in because he had a heart attack collapsed/arrested whilst out running.

10 months later he did a marathon aged 67
only to find out a week later he had prostate cancer
>>
>>42868370
Never spoke about it ever since. Haven't the slightest clue how I would ever bring it up, especially how to bring it up in a way that doesn't end with his blood on my hands.
>>
>>42862339
>Are you proud of him?
I am/was, he died when I was 8, hard working man, he tried his best to give me a good education.
>Is he proud of you?
Im sure he woud be proud of me.
>I Miss my dad.
So do I buddy.
>>
>>42862339
I don't really know him that well.
I haven't seen him since 2010
I've spent about 2-3 months of my life living with him when I was visiting his country
Sometimes we talk maybe like once every 3 months
I'm not sure if he's proud, he does praise me for improving myself in some form or another from time to time
>>
>>42862339

Dad used to be a car mechanic. Mom cucked him and they got separated when I was 6. They got back together when I was 9, got cucked a couple more times, when I was 16 he lost his job and is currently still unemployed (I'm 25 now). Never lifted, never was passionate about anything, he just likes drinking beer and watching sports.
I do love him though since he's the primary reason why I lift and generally try hard at everything I decide to do. Looking at your father can sometimes be looking at yourself in that age, he is what I strive not to be.
At least he's fun to be around and I'm generally pretty boring, so he wins there.
>>
I never met my dad. And no, I'm not a dindu.
>>
File: feels bad man.jpg (2KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad man.jpg
2KB, 125x115px
>>42866386
Same
>>
File: 1500560033829.jpg (101KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1500560033829.jpg
101KB, 500x333px
>Born 5.5 kg
>Fit as fuck
>Played every sport ever during childhood
>Played basketball and soccer in high school
>Could dunk at the age of 15
>But we live in Serbia
>1990 comes
>He joins the Special forces because of incredible scores during training, could have been a Jet pilot but was taller that it was allowed
>Comes back, starts working on a ship that transports shit on the Danube
>Becomes captain in a few years, some-fucking-how
>Some elections come
>He openly opposes the Regime (it was pretty much a left wing dictature and we've been hating commies for generations)
>Has to flee the country in 1994
>I'm born two years later
>Stress, 50-60 hours of work per week and all kind of shit have destroyed him physically and mentally
>Make everything possible to make him proud, I'm good in college and Boxing at a semi-pro level, also bring home the best looking girls possible
>he's so proud of me
>He tells me I'm the only thing that keeps him sane
That's a heavy fucking burden, but after all the shit he went through (didn't list all of it, 4chan servers would fucking crash) I feel like I have to make him happy by being succesful
Pic related, I like to imagine him when he was young and strong and was killind fascist croats
>>
>pretty middle class family
>dad is business kind of guy
>runs a small office for britbong branch of european firm
>speaks multiple languages
>he's professional and principled, but loves to laugh and make perfectly stereotypical dad jokes
>he still plays tennis and squash a lot, and encourages me to run and go to the gym on days where i'm stuck inside
>still go shooting with him, he bought me a brand new shotgun last year out of nowhere
>main cook of the house, so appreciates that i'm getting into it and helps me out where he can
he's a great guy. i think he's proud of my academic achievements mostly, and would only be more proud if I got more /fit/ and played more sports competitively
>>
File: Cheetu's_death.jpg (385KB, 1012x862px) Image search: [Google]
Cheetu's_death.jpg
385KB, 1012x862px
>>42862339
Pops is around but doesn't inspire much out of me.
Pic related is my spiritual father.
>>
>>42868605
Fuckin A bro
>>
>>42862339
>brushes rust off weight
>all weights drop in value
>look cool again but now are gain goblin weights
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>42868605
keep it up motherfucker
>>
>>42868605
Caмo јaкo!
>>
>>42865134
If my faggot nu-male son told me he will never have kids I would probably become alcoholic too
>>
File: a.jpg (61KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
61KB, 600x403px
>>42862339
>you will never have a dad to encourage you to do sports and teach you to lift
>you will never have a dad to make proud
>you will never have a dad at all
when does the pain stop, anons?
>>
>>42862339
>Tell me about your dad /fit/
He left my mother when I was 2 weeks old and never bothered to contact me.
>>
Dad never taught me shit.
Goddamnit life would've been so much easier if he just tried.
>>
>>42862339
>Yes
>Should be a no since I was such a wimp growing up, but he says yes. Would be nice to get biggish and lean before that heart goes to show his son wasn't a doughy fatty forever
Says I'm the only son of an only son of an only son and the family name lives or dies with me.
Too bad lifting doesn't cure awkwardness
>>
>>42862362
Welcome to the modern era and social media in general bitch
>>
>>42868605
samo guraj
>>
My dad travelled to London for the week on business. This terrorist attack really freaks me out.
>>
>>42862339
I was proud of my dad. Not anymore.

I haven't seen or talked to him in around 6 months. I miss him, but he's hardly the same person. I don't feel like it's him when I'm around him, so that makes me sad and angry that he let himself get that way.
>>
>>42862395
My dad was a hard working farmer as well. He died in a farming accident 14yrs ago.

I miss him.
>>
File: jonny kim.png (95KB, 400x208px) Image search: [Google]
jonny kim.png
95KB, 400x208px
>be 24 year old NEET feeling depressed from divorce
>just stay home all day playing videogames
>eating groceries/fast food my mom buys
>dad starts teasing me everytime he sees me eat something she bought
>"don't forget your bib"
>"want your milk warmed up too?"
>mad but hey he's right
>get a job like a month later
>now moved out of the house and on my own

thanks dad
>>
>>42870833
My condolences anon
>>
>>42862339
My dad is 52 years old, strong as fuck. He deadlifts over 500lbs, squats 4pl8s and can bench close to 3pl8s

>am I proud of him?
Hell to yeah I am, he's my greatest source of inspiration and I hope to be like him someday

>Is he proud of you?
He regularly tells me that he is, most recent was earlier this morning
>>
>>42869485
pain is a prereq for joy

you must become your own father

it feels good
>>
>>42871169
how tf he doing that at 52 years old?
>>
>>42862339
>brushing plates two nights long so they weigh less then it says
>makes his son into thinking he lifts heavy while he is total dyel
deserves to see his son coming home crying on halloween in bane-in-middle-school costume
>>
>>42862339
I wish we had a better relationship, but I'm at the stage in life where we're already two different people and I'm not interested in a better relationship, so you could say I'd have wanted to want a better relationship, but I don't care anymore. I prefer to stay home and study than meet with family.
>>
>>42862379
This is what I figured, and also subtracting weight from brushing down the rust off the weights?
>>
>>42866612
Nah it's not too late
>>
>>42862339
Died when i was 14, before that he served 25 years in special forces, was tough as a rock.
>>
File: 1503403518059.jpg (78KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1503403518059.jpg
78KB, 300x263px
>>42871243
>>
>>42862525
sorry bro but 8km trips on a bike is weak af, my dad is 53 and regularly does 21km runs a few times a week to stay in shape
>>
My dad has about 8 children including me. They are half brothers and sisters. He sends me some money and sometimes comes to fuck my mum but theres nothing more to him. I dont know whenever i should tell him to fuck off for being a some kind of selfproclaimed breeding bull or give him some credit for buying me stuff and making my mum happy.
>>
>>42862362
You know i thought like you once. I use to just come to work and do my job, and whenever something happened where i decided to go above and beyond. I did it and dint bother telling anyone because i didnt want to come off as looking for a pat on the head.

And then everyone around me started getting promoted for taking credit for things either i did or just for pointing out how they were soing their job at all.

People hired after me got positions id been striving for for years.

Turns out maybe validation isnt the issue, its you.
>>
>>42871655
By his actions he seems a mature Chad. By your complainings you seem a bastard Virgin.
>>
>>42871826
If he is chad how can he have beta kids
>>
>>42871875
The kids are raised by women.
>>
i love my dad a lot but he always keeps spoiling my diet.I think he is somehow against self improvement because some jewish philosopher said so.
>>
File: 1498436688450.png (132KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
1498436688450.png
132KB, 380x496px
>>42862339
I wouldn't know. He died before I was born
>>
>>42862841
8km of bicycle
>>
>>42862339
He had gambling problems. Stopped spending a lot of time with me and my sister when he separated with my mother, and tried to replace closeness with gifts and candy. He rarely payed child support. Then he made some poor life choices and now lives unhappily with a gold digger girl. I see him sometimes. I just think that it didn't have to turn out like this if something happened differently.

Am I proud of him? He did some cool shit in his youth, and at least tried to raise me and my sister so yeah, and he's proud of me. I try to become the male role model I missed growing up.
>>
File: 1497878071245.png (10KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
1497878071245.png
10KB, 381x396px
>>42868605
>kurci se o balkanskoj genetika u americi

Bolje idi u jebeni vrtic i kurci se sto mozes bečat 150x vise od njih
>>
>>42863061
> TFW dad and mom had problems growing up and never really spent time with either
> Had to play father figure for younger siblings a lot
> Wanted to be stronger, tried to join the Army out of high school, went Infantry
> Day I swore in, family wasn't able to make it
> Day I graduated, family wasn't able to make it
> Find out when I go on leave my dad has oral cancer and it's spreading quickly
> Been in years now, done cool guy Infantry shit, everything I dreamed about as a child, still the void isn't filled because I miss my family and spend every single fucking day wondering if I'll get anything from the Red Cross
> Deploying again soon, dad probably won't be around when I'm back
>>42865796
Was your dad in the 101st? And Sabalauski's record right now I think is 1:37
>>
>>42862339
My dad was thrown out by my mom when I was a baby. Didn't actually meet him again till I was 18 or 19. Hes an okay dude. Was in the navy. He lives on the other side of the country so I don't see him often but when I do its a bit awkward cause I'm not used to having a father.
>>
>>42862509

What's ur 2k senpai?
>>
>>42862580
>gives in guns
>Badass
Pick ONE.
>>
>>42862522
BalduR?
>>
He's a good-for-nothing-type so naturally I'm not proud of him, never talk about him and rarely think of him (once a decade when topics like this pop up).

I don't know if he's proud of me, nor do I care, but I guess he's kept me in mind because he attempted to reconnect when I was starting to be of money-making-age. I just fear he doesn't pull off the same shit like my mom's dad (randomly appeared at our doorstep after 40 years of no contact; last memory my mom had of him was when she hit a bottle over his head while he was strangling my mom's mom). Will make sure to move as far away as possible after uni. Somewhat relieved to see he's left crime behind and has 1 wife and 1 child judging from his Facebook profile, at least he won't fuck other people up anymore.

Got lots of respect for my mom tho; unlike most single moms she pulled herself together, worked her ass off and is single-handedly financing both of us a rather affluent life today.
>>
>black
>still have dad in my life

Hes hard as duck on me too but its because my mom spoiled me.

Best dad
>>
>>42868467
Lol same here with my dad. I wanna be fit because I've seen his health problems he had because he was very sedentary. I think I'm more extroverted and have an easier time being fun around people, but he's self disciplined as fuck and kinda always had his shit together while I'm the slacker compared to him
>>
>>42862408
Clear coat is Not required. Fixing old metal shit is cash. Easy and satisfying.
>>
File: captcha.png (26KB, 330x117px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
26KB, 330x117px
>>42868329
you going to a gaming subreddit is even more cringe you faggot
>>
>>42862362
Maybe YOU'RE fucking gay, anon.

Ever consider that?
>>
No.
I don't know.

>He was good but worked long hours in finance
>GFC hit
>Everything went downhill fast
>He became very angry, very lazy
>I remember when I was 8, he told me I was his favourite child
>despite that, for some reason he always picked on me to yell at
>Always blamed me for financial or marital troubles
>Older brother left home for the army
>I got stuck doing every chore in the house
>Spent 2-3 hours every saturday and sunday at age 14 doing chores which had to be done before 10am (when he woke up)
>Had him tell me that he didn't care about my school grades or university grades, which hurt a lot. It's the only thing I was any ever good at.
>Divorced my mum when I was 18
>Took every single dollar with him
>Locked up all out of the house leaving us homeless until a friend took us in
>Dragged my mum through hell in the courts for 2 years
>Still tries to contact me 3 years later

I lost every single ounce of respect for him when I was 15/16 though
>Dad has a tiny $20 RC helicopter on his desk
>Parents go out for dinner
>Come home at about 9
>helicopter is broken, apparently wasn't broken when he left
>Accuses me since I was the only one home
>I know I didn't do it, he always told me to tell the truth no matter what
>Screams at me for a good 3 hours trying to make me admit I did it
>I completely refuse
>It's now 12:30am, it's technically my birthday now
>I finally get fed up and scream "I DIDN'T FUCKING DO IT!"
>>First time I've ever talked back to him
>He storms up to me and says "Big man you are saying that sitting down"
>So I stand up
>He punches me square in the chest and sends me flying back
>Mum goes complete apeshit at him hitting me
>He claims he was afraid I would hit him. I was 5'9", 45kg at the time. He was 6'2" and 105kg.
>He keeps trying to interrogate me for another 3 hours
>He eventually gives up because I won't lie
>He says "You know, a real man would just say they did to save themselves, their dad and their mum all this."

All respect gone.
>>
>>42862525
No homo but I want to fuck your dad.
>>
Eh. He's done a few cool things over his life I guess and is occassionally a decent guy.
For the most part though he is lazy, complains a lot and could not care less about what I do. Any conversation I have with him is 95% him talking about random shit like how he had to wait 10 minutes at maccas or some shit.
But it's still good to have him and at the very least he tries sometimes. I do not wish to be like him and make every attempt not to end up like that.

My mum is cool though, she works hard, is competitive and I can even have good banter/talk shit with her even though she is 39 years older.
>>
File: PicsArt_08-27-10.36.00.jpg (110KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-27-10.36.00.jpg
110KB, 1080x1080px
>>42867010
If he were trying to do something nice for his son he would have just done it. Not
>oh man, this will be really cool, I bet I can get 500 (You)s and 6,000,000 updates... Oh, and I guess Josh will like it.
>>
>>42862339
After talking to him about my own feelings of loneliness and inadequacy, I he told me that he felt the same deep loneliness at my age (uni) down to the >tfw no gf.

I guess he just got lucky in meeting my mom. I don't think I'll be so lucky.
>>
File: killme.jpg (52KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
52KB, 600x812px
>are you proud of him?
he worked his ass off to support my brother and I. I will always respect him. But I worry about his health, hes a type 2 diabetic and overweight and he doesn't seem to give a shit or want to do anything about it

I've tried nudging him in the right direction to improve his health but he just doesn't care

>is he proud of you?
yeah he tells me all the time even though I think i'm a loser piece of shit, makes me feel worse to be collecting false pride from my father.
>>
File: misaki-1.jpg (29KB, 852x478px) Image search: [Google]
misaki-1.jpg
29KB, 852x478px
>>42866386
>>42868529
>tfw overheard Dad and Mom in an argument and he referred to me as a failure.
>tfw he got drunk one night and told me I would never amount to anything successful
>tfw Dad told me he never expected to have a son this stupid.
>tfw I know deep down on some level he's right, never had gf, barely and friends, and no direction in life.

Should I feel like shit, or am I just being an over-dramatic bitch?
>>
>>42877010
Unless yall are millionaires it's gonna cost you, and your standard of living is going to drop dramatically once he starts requiring personal care.

Unless you're betting on his early death it's time to start downsizing now.
>>
>>42877139
we're all pretty low income, I'm worried i'll have to move back to take care of him when he starts getting bad because my mom doesn't do anything.
>>
File: 2-kanye-west-album.w529.h529.jpg (60KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
2-kanye-west-album.w529.h529.jpg
60KB, 529x529px
>>42877086
thats awful man. I would feel like shit. you're not over dramatic at all.
>>
>>42862339
He's an alcoholic.

I dream sometimes about stabbing him in his face repeatedly.
>>
Pops died long ago when I was 13. I miss him almost every day. He was not fit. I fit every day so I won't die young like pops.
>>
>>42862339
Alcoholic, 33 years my senior. Tfw when same age as he was, right now. He seems old as fuck because he never took care of himself.

Also, replaced by alcoholic abusive stepdad when i was about 10 years old.

Thanks, mum. All the male role-models in my life did was teach me how 'not' to be a dad. A good enough lesson desu, if unconventional. A lot of you guys are lucky to have a positive role model, seriously. Show your good dads some appreciation, /fit/.
>>
>>42862339
>Are you proud of him?
I don't know. on one hand he's a lard ass but I've always respected the dude. brilliant motherfucker.

>Is he proud of you?
no because I'm a class A underachiever and I never became the sportsball champion he wanted me to be. dude basically stopped giving a fuck about my existence 13 years ago and now we sort of see each other once a month out of duty. it's a really fucking uncomfortable relationship. we run out of conversation material after 10 minutes. we have nothing in common.
>>
>>42862422
I think I will end up squatting 250 and deadlifting 200 because of my fucking lumbar
>>
idolised him in my teens
now as i get older i realise he's holding onto his bad vices

he used to drink alot
quit that
then he started /fraud/ing
now he does both
>>
>>42872659
>gun
>RPG
Pick one
>>
File: 1504096731007.jpg (144KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504096731007.jpg
144KB, 577x1024px
>>42862339
My father is a chemical engineer who came from a country that was going through a civil war at the time he was 16 and his father was killed in front of him. He got married to my mom while he was in school and in the military full time. After I was born we moved to Canada and they didn't recognize his degree so he went back to school while in the meantime being a taxi driver working like 60 hours a week. Mom got diagnosed with progressive M.S and my dad still finished his schooling. He owns his own company now and is basically a millionaire. I went onto be a medical technician in the Canadian Armed forces and now I'm a tacmed ACP for Toronto Ems. I have a degree in paramedicine and a bachelor of science in Life Sciences. I wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for my father.
>>
>are you proud of him?
the guy is smart af and successful. but he's an alcoholic like £400 a week on booze alcoholic and he always has been and that along with being diagnosed autistic doesn't help his case
when I was younger he did nothing for me but provide money for us and he would disappear for nights leaving my mother worried af and destroying her emotionally
after 14 years we finally left but we kept trying and trying again and again to get him to stop drinking but he wouldn't, the guy cared more for drink than his family
I used to hate him for this, he was a failure of a man and a father but I realised I dont hate him, I dont like him either he's so pathetic that hes not even human at this point he just drinks and works and runs from his problems. I dont feel anything about him he just exists like an insect
he'll be dead soon anyway from a fucked liver

>Is he proud of you?
probably, but I couldn't care less how he thinks of me, I got raised by essentially a single mother we never had much money once we left but we kept trying
I got good grades in school, im a track runner, I lift like no ones business and im doing amazingly socially and have a shit ton of connections despite getting his autism gene
>>
>>42862339
Divorce before I was 1 so I didn't have to go through the why doesn't dad live with us shit but basically

Dad split with mom, worked his ass off doing 3rd shifts in boiler rooms. Never gave a shit about getting the "good job/schedule" just knew that he needed to do "x" to get to "y". Now he operates a big richie apartment building in the city. Even though he really never gave me your traditional (if it even is anymore) dad lessons, I learned from him that no one ever wants to hear you bitch so just do what needs to be done and focus on what you're after.
>>
>>42868370
>>42868390
Fucken hell boys if your post had been a little less detailed then you could have been describing me... I have a little brother and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>42862362
same with reddit and morty
>>
>>42871576
8km is an estimative I pulled out of my cardio hating ass. He generally goes to a little city close than ours and then back.
>>
I've been a fat fuck forever. My dad has always been disappointed with that.

I've lost 27kg recently and he's thrilled. So that's kinda cool.
>>
>>42880846
So am I, anon. Stay with it
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.