[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I all set into /fit/ness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0027.jpg (32KB, 631x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
32KB, 631x341px
Hey /fit/

20 year old, 5'8 average weight manlet here. I've finally decided to give it a go and get in shape, but I'm unsure if I'll see any satisfactory results.

I've got the diet side covered, but I don't wanna go to the gym so my workout will be all home based.
Planning on a 2 mile run, 50 pull-ups 50 push ups 50 crunches workout. I also have a heavy bag and planning on spending at least 30 minutes. All this, 5 days a week.

What do you think, will I get anything or am I wasting my time?

Pls help...
>>
>>42860267
>average weight
What do you think Average weight means? Are we talking Average weight in Japan or Average weight in Murica?

> I don't wanna go to the gym
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>42860320
Idk man, I'm not well versed in the lingo. By average I mean I have a light tummy. Yeah I know it's pretty retarded, but I don't lurk here and I haven't laid eyes on a scale in ages. I am very serious about getting fit tho
>>
>>42860391
Nigga what does the scale say when you stand on it? Do you really think "light tummy" is more descriptive than "average?"

Your routine is shit. You are not One Punch Man. You will not build any muscle doing crunches and push-ups. Get a gym membership and follow a weights routine. Nobody will judge or care about what you're doing unless you're being a weirdass with the girls working out.

Your cardio is fine though, some running is always good. I'd recommend following a couch to 5k program if you're not used to running.
>>
>>42860267
Either drop at least $750-3k on cheap gym equipment for free weight training or get a gym membership. Either way your routine is ass.
>>
>>42860432
Last time I checked it was between 55kg to 60. I don't care about what people think I have my reasons. Any tips on improving routine?
>>
>>42860267
You can get fitter.
What do you want to here? That it's the bestest ever?

If you want to get stronger then do calisthenics exercises that build strength
If you want more endurance then do lots of reps
If you want more power and mass then do moderately tough movement within the 8-12 rep range and high intensity movements.

Read infinite intensity, convict condisioning, you are your own gym, and building the gymnastic body.
Those will help you out a ton.
>>
>>42860562
If you really CANNOT go to the gym, I would suggest buying a few weights and then follow a weight base routine with high reps, if your goal is to lose weight.

Also read the sticky.
>>
>>42860595
Thanks for the reply. All I want is an aesthetic lean body. Will check those out.

>>42860596
I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy some. Bonus question, is p90x and similar a meme?
>>
>>42860562
>I don't care what people think and have my reasons
*tips fedora*
4chan is anonymous dumbass, what are your reasons?

Get a gym membership, there are extremely low cost gyms out there if money is the problem. You won't get the appearance you want with calisthenics alone. Definitely not with "50 pushup, 50 pullups, 50 crunches" like you're an anime character.
Start by looking at the routines in the sticky. If you must do bodyweight, look at convict conditioning. Its good, but you will reach your goals in that program faster if you also lift weights.
>>
>>42860724
>You won't get the appearance you want with calisthenics alone
That's actually a damned lie.
>>
>>42860710
p90x is no more a meme than your 50xpush, pull ab and a quick run around the block
>>
>>42860724
I fucking hate people to death. Not a shut in by any stretch, but going to the gym is something I just can not bring myself to do. As for the routine, it sounded challenging enough and I've tried it before with some okay results, but it was short lived before going back to being a lazy fuck. Anime is gay.
>>
>>42860794
>i fucking hate people
Can't get your mom to sign the release form?
>>
>>42860267
You're either doing entirely too many pull ups or entirely too few push ups. Doing equal amounts of them is a stupid ratio.
>>
>>42861362
What amount do you recommend anon?
>>
>>42860267
>I don't wanna go to the gym so my workout will be all home based.
> 2 mile run, 50 pull-ups 50 push ups 50 crunches
That's not a good program.
OP be like:"What is calisthenics" and
"What is progressive overload?"

I highly suggest you look up those two terms before you begin OP. A lot of youtube vids on this shit.
I would suggest you look up a beginner calistenics program and do that instead of what you plan on doing. Also Invest in a pull up bar and some dipping bars.( cheaper than going to a gym for a few months and if you use it properly a great return in investment)

I would not plan my cardio on the same days as my muscle training. But if you have to do both muscletraining first and do cardio a.k.a. running last.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJG_3kz8gl4

Here are some more great sources you can use:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCGdeZ5-Hzn5dGh21dzW0tw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIIRX8rkNjVpP-oLMHpeDw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjzSBCC2yv7dZmD5dQxV2ug
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNQjYSosLXPZjRyhhnAIriA
>>
>>42860562
>5'8"
>55-60kg

mate I'm 5'8" before I started working out (never worked out before that) I was 67kg looking skinny with a flat stomach (abs slightly showing)

Although I had quite a bit of natural muscle but fuck you must be tiny if you aren't even 60kg
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.