[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improving 2km Running Time in One Month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: What is Maximalist Running LPF.jpg (40KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
What is Maximalist Running LPF.jpg
40KB, 620x350px
I'm a 18 year old male and I had a 2 kilometer graded running test today.

I ran in 10:15 which I know sucks but I'd like to really improve it.

The re-test is in a month.

What should I do? Is there a running program as there is to building muscle?

I am willing to give it 100% so I don't care which method is the most efficient, I just want to become as fast as possible (preferably under 09:00)
>>
M8 you should easily be able to run under 9:00 unless you're fat.

Your best option is to Google how to improve your mile and extrapolate that to 2k. The mile is a much more popular distance.
>>
Rip Opie

I'm 18 and have to run a 2.4k in 11 mins or less

I'm looking to do it in 9 minutes and its the hardest shit it ever done in my life.

My only advice is to load up on caffeine, steal some kids inhaler and scream when it gets painful because it does get painful.
>>
>>42859272
I know 10:15 sucks but I asthma. With that being said I haven't ran in a year so I'm pretty confident that I'm able to reduce it.

Also good idea. I Googled 2k so much but didn't find anything. A mile is almost the same distance so I'm going to Google it now.
>>
>>42859319
How are you training?
Also how fast are you now and how long before you have to do the test?
>>
>>42859272
It took me about 2-3 months to reach <9min mile when going jogging once a week or so.

I'm in a hilly area though, so I have no idea what I'd get on flat ground. Anyways, I have a bad knee and didn't keep up with going jogging. I try to maintain cardio on gym bikes or swimming instead.
>>
>>42860100
Right now I run either every day or every other day and just try to increase how long I run for.

I run at a 9mph pace which is about a 6 minute mile give or take and I just aim to run it for 9 mins.

Currently at 6 mins just got 3 more to go

I train like this because I am really lazy and hate doing long distance runs.
>>
File: 1401226281341bgo8p.gif (797KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1401226281341bgo8p.gif
797KB, 175x175px
>>42858596
I do it in 7:40 which is quite shitty considering that I've been a summer-jogger for like 10 years. However, when I first done it I was at 9:30ish earlier this year.

Here are some pointers which may or may not work for you:
- Try high intensity runs like 200m, 400m, 800m as fast as you can to get a feeling for your limits/possible speeds
- Set yourself a fairly level 2km course and get markers for intervalls to check your pace and spot possible weaknesses. (I remembered 2 trees and 1 sign inbetween start and finish)
- Take something lightweight to time yourself with (I use the most standard casio watch, f91w or how that shit is called.
- Play with food intake before the run. I found to be the fastest when I had only 1 slice of bread and half a banana before the run.
- Take a dump right before the run
- Use very light clothing like really short runners shorts and a wifebeater or thin T

I would think you can improve to have a 9:20ish time or smth like that based on your info.

Godspeed
>>
>>42859272
>M8 you should easily be able to run under 9:00 unless you're fat.
This is a completely meaningless statement. An average beginner definitely can't run 2k under 9 minutes, even if they're not fat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.