[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you having motivation issues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I've been going to the gym for the last 3 years and I kinda have phases, sometimes I go really hard for 2 months, make gains, get stronger and then for some reason I kinda lose motivation and my achieved physique.
That's why I always look "not bad" but I can never reach spectacular mass or get really, really lean.
What motivates you and what can I do to motivate myself to clean eating and regular and hard exercise?
>>
I have the same problem. I'll be really on top of diet and working out, and then I'll relax and party one weekend and drink and eat a bunch, and then it's really hard to get back in the groove.
How to permanently make it?
>>
>>42858406
Exactly! I always need a new, real beginning of clean eating and regular workouts but when I fuck up once I am like "okay, now I fucked up the day, now I can also use it to eat what I am craving for the whole time".
Sometimes I don't even want it to happen for example when I visit family for a weekend. They always bake cakes and make delicious but really high caloric food and after eating that I feel like shit and demotivated to go full clean and hard working again although it should be the opposite reaction.
>>
do nofap

you will have so much energy that not going to the gym everyday will seem insane
>>
I plan out my parties so they are the evening before a rest day. I keep alcohol to a minimum and only use drugs that won't have me crashing more than 24 hours later (which means stuff like MDMA is a big nono, but LSD is ok). When I get back I drink at least a liter of water, and take magnesium, vitD3, vitC. The next morning I have a short lie in making sure to get some more sleep than usual. Over the course of my rest day I drink ~50% more water than I usually would and eat several smaller meals throughout the day. I usually feel fine already upon waking up, if not then by the time my next workout comes along I am right as rain again.
>>
>>42858374
Motivation is for losers who fail at life.

Get some discipline in your life. You'll go and workout on a schedule regardless of how you "feel" that day:
>>
>>42858539
Way to be so scientific and precise about it. That planned out structure must be really conducive to getting back on track. I'll consider something like that.

>>42858438
Yeah man, I'm in the exact same position. For instance, I just went away for the weekend with friends, drank a ton, ate like shit, and had a blast. But this week I've had a really hard time eating right and making it to the gym. However, today I think I can get it together- I have a busy day and I woke up and made some bulletproof coffee, which is a ritual that makes me feel ready to work. So maybe like the poster I tagged above, precise planning or ritual/routine can be the key to getting back in the groove.
Like, my willpower is shit, but it's not up to my willpower. It's up to my rules
>>
>>42858634
Well it sound structured and planned out on paper.
In reality it is just a case of saying no to most alcohol, drugs are rarely present anyway, then when I get home I just pop in some pills and set my alarm 2 hours later before I hit the sack. Easy peasy and it stops me from feeling like shit the next day.
When I get invited out on an evening before a workout day I'll still go, but I won't stay past 1:30ish AM and I won't consume any alcohol, I just go to show my face and have a chat with some people so I don't become "that guy" who puts lifting before social life, they are equally important to me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.