[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting and working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: sketch-1505374903176.png (761KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1505374903176.png
761KB, 1080x1920px
Sup /fit/ I'm a security fag and I have 12h shifts,from 8am to 8pm then 24h free then from 8pm to 8am,my sleep schedule is pretty fucked up,and I travel a total of 3h to go to my working place and go back home.

Has anyone managed to get gains while working?How did you did it?For me it feels hard because I dont sleep enough and I'm not sure if it's worth starting to lift if I'm not getting proper rest.Nutrition shouldnt be a problem tho.
>>
>>42855928
salad dressing pls
>>
Not with that schedule mate. Do some bodyweight work here and there.
>>
Why not just run a three day a week routine and lift on the days that you don't work? 12 + 3 = 15, even with your travel time and work time you still have 9 free hours in the day. That's enough time to eat and get some good sleep. Then work out on your off day, do whatever else it is you want to do, and repeat.

I ran a similar schedule once where I worked 12 hours shifts every other day, and I basically just accepted that I wasn't going to do anything on my work days except work and maybe squeeze a lifting session in before sleeping.
>>
Also, to add to this

>>42855961

Even if you're not getting adequate rest, working out will give you better gains than not working out. I say do it even if you're not getting adequate sleep, just be aware of how hard you're pushing your body. You'll still make progress (unless you're legitimately getting stupid sleep, like 2 hours a night bullshit in which case, seek help) but it just won't be peak.
>>
>>42855941
What?
>>42855949
Yeah can def do that where I work,but I want to get into lifting,I know one gets strong much faster lifting than doing bw training.
>>42855961
Already thought about that but it will always be weird like AxBxxAx,instead of the normal AxBxAxx not sure if that would be a problem because from what I have read muscles recover totally after 48 but like you said I csnt expect the best results with my schedule
>>42855969
I get from 4 to 6h total of sleep,and I guess you are right better lift than not
>>
>>42856038
>>42855928
Give sausce
>>
>>42855941
cant give sauce (although I recognize the chick) but here https://40.media.tumblr.com/ba78ca88c8d9196275a6276d597013f6/tumblr_ng95rr2cmf1tb6cqvo1_500.jpg is the uncensored one
>>
>>42856083
aria giovanni, I think
her thighs aren't really that big
>>
>>42855928
Monday 8 am
Work
Monday 8 pm
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Tuesday 8 pm
Work
Wednesday 8 am
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Thursday 8 am
Work
Thursday 8 pm
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Friday 8pm
Work
Saturday 8am
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Sunday 8am
Work
Sunday 8pm
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Monday 8pm
Work
Tuesday 8am
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Wednesday 8 am
Work
Wednesday 8 pm
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Thursday 8pm
Work
Friday 8 am
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Saturday 8 am
Work
Saturday 8 pm
Sleep 6h
Workout
Sleep 6h
Sunday 8 pm
Work
Monday 8 am
(Repeat)
>Sleep amount
In 2 weeks, you get 9*2*6=108 h sleep.
If you had a normal sleeping schedule, it would be 14*8=112h. Pretty close
>sleep timing
That's going to be really hard to get used to. The first sleep of the day is going to come easy, after all you were driving 1.5h, working 12, and driving another 1.5h, you've been awake and active at least 15 hours. If I were you, I'd use a sleeping aid for the second sleep of the day though.
>Other activities
That's also hard to program around. Out of 24 free hours, you have to drive for 3 and sleep for 12, leaving you with 9 hours to workout, shit, cook food, eat food, socialize, do groceries, do chores etc. You have to be careful.
>Workout
That's the easy part man. If you get your sleep on point, you have 9 times of 9 hours in 2 weeks, out of which you have to pick only 6 times and take up 1-2 hours to workout. If you manage to get your sleep on point, working out is going to be easy as fuck. Pick any full body routine that is 3 times a week and do it. Good luck!
>>
>>42856183
Lol you are a god just for doing all the work but man how am I gonna sleep 6h wake up at 3-4am workout and go back to sleep it just doesnt sound right but you gave me a nice example thanks for the effort my man I might do that with slight tweaks
>>
>>42856604
Yeah, pure maths are stupid
Well instead of 6+6 you can sleep for 8+4 hours instead. Or find a 24/7 gym. In any case, you have to make sure you sleep 12 hours between shifts. You normally work for 8 hours and sleep for 8, your day is stretched 50% longer.
Listen, with that particular work schedule, your sleep pattern IS going to be ass. We're just trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.
>>
>>42855928
Is this photoshopped?
>>
>>42856038
>Already thought about that but it will always be weird like AxBxxAx,instead of the normal AxBxAxx not sure if that would be a problem because from what I have read muscles recover totally after 48 but like you said I csnt expect the best results with my schedule

That is the dumbest thought process. You have no excuse to not get 3 great workouts in every week. You have 24hrs every other day to do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>42858439
No. It's 100 per cent legit. Ideot
>>
>>42859245
Thanks boss.
>>
>>42855928
GODDAMN!!

Anyway, you have to not see your job as a seperate thing.
Think about what you do everyday and fit it into the exercise and fitness mold.
Any walking and heavy lifting and activity you do will create a level of fitness needed to accomplish your daily tasks more efficiently.
Which is the basis of the manipulation of the body called exercise.

Once you've done that simply think about what you want to accomplish then think about how your job helps you to achieve your goals or keeps you away from them and how you can fix that.

If you want to put on mass but you're on your feet every day then you're going to have to eat more food and find days where you have the energy to lift extra hard but not so hard that it makes the rest of your life harder.

Go read the naked warrior. It goes into how to structure your workout routines in a way that allows gains but also allows for an active healthy life.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.