[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stopping a cut to recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1503542371933.jpg (176KB, 756x866px) Image search: [Google]
1503542371933.jpg
176KB, 756x866px
I have really bad shin/calves pain from intense cardio, and a lot of pain in my forearm tendons as well (from bouldering).

I'm on a cut (for a couple months already) lost about 3-4kg so far.

Should I stop the cut for a few days to recover? The tendon pain increases during workout and might be interrupting them.

Looking for opinions from people who have actually done this.
>>
File: 1467863875783.png (872KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467863875783.png
872KB, 1280x720px
>>42855213
I thought that was richard stallman
>>
>>42855213
you might as well take two weeks and turn it into a full diet break, heal up while also shutting down some of the negative feedback loops you get after a few months of cutting

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
>>
>>42855281
What sort of negative feedback loops?
What is the downside of only doing it for 2-3 days?

Also, should I do maintenance or actual bulk?
>>
>>42855213
MORE WINE, YOUR GRACE?
>>
>>42855382
from the article
>When folks diet and lose weight/fat, the body adjusts metabolic rate downwards. While a majority of this is simply due to weighing less (smaller bodies burn fewer calories), there is also an adaptive component, a greater decrease in metabolic rate than would be predicted due to changes in things like leptin, insulin, thyroid hormones, etc.

>There are other effects as well. Hormones like testosterone often go down during dieting and female hormones can be whacked out too. Cortisol generally goes up when you diet and raising calories and carbs helps shut that off for a bit.

the downsides of 2-3 day breaks is that it's not long enough to get these positive effects

>This is also the rationale behind the duration, thyroid hormones and the effects that they exert aren’t immediate. It may take 7 days of eating at maintenance for thyroid levels to come back to normal, but you need at least another week to get many of their effects to max out. So in answer to the question “Can I make the break shorter?”, the answer is “No.” I know that everyone wants to GET LEAN NOW but unless you are a contest dieting bodybuilder or figure chick and there’s no real-time constraint, what’s the hurry?

as far as how to set calories, maintenance or adjusted maintenance
>Calories should be raised to roughly maintenance (I often recommend adjusting estimated maintenance down by about 10% to account for metabolic slowdown and such; here’s How to Estimate Maintenance Caloric Requirements) with carbohydrates in the 100-150 gram/day range as a minimum. I’ll explain some of the rationale behind these recommendations in a second.

seriously Lyle's shit is gold, his and Mike Israetel's ideas on diet breaks changed the way I cut
>>
>>42855413
Thanks man. Do you have a lot of good experience with this along with good results?
>>
>>42855213
WIIIIIIIIIINE
>>
>>42855213
Do it for a bit see what happend
>>
>>42855257

Watch it boy, that is Robert Baretheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm
>>
>>42855213
>stopping cut to recover
>stop cut
>to recover

boi recovering is the best cuttin method if u not a pussy, just get your water, sodium and vitamins
>>
>>42856681
What? How does recovering cut anything else?

It's different with tendon pain
>>
File: i4JveLC.jpg (366KB, 800x755px) Image search: [Google]
i4JveLC.jpg
366KB, 800x755px
GODS I WAS STRONG THEN
>>
>>42855213
SURROUNDED BY BLOODY BANNISTERS
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.