[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys do when you start losing motivation? I seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1491628861100.jpg (96KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
1491628861100.jpg
96KB, 398x398px
what do you guys do when you start losing motivation?

I seem to go on self improvement binges for a few weeks and then crash with the feeling that everything I do is futile

how do you keep the fire inside going?
>>
File: 1504802450938.png (24KB, 559x509px) Image search: [Google]
1504802450938.png
24KB, 559x509px
Discipline
>>
Commit to the goal.
View the achievement of the goal as an inevitability.
Stop expecting meaningful "motivating" progress within weeks.
Focus on the process.
If it''s truly important to you, you will see it through. If not, you will find a reason not to.
Commit.
>>
>>42854963
>when you start losing motivation?
doesn't happen to me

going to the gym is the best part of my day
>>
File: 1504302028669.jpg (105KB, 890x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1504302028669.jpg
105KB, 890x1066px
It eventually becomes habitual. I get upset with myself when I miss a day at the gym. I'm much more cognizant about how much I eat on the weekends. Practice makes perfect, my guy...
You know, you could also just quit.
>>
>>42854995
>>42854976
okay maybe a better question. how do I stop my expectations becoming too unrealistic?

I think this is the root of my problem. I'm always thinking "yeah if I just do this next thing I'll become a god of a human and all my problems will be solved"
>>
File: 1501197233072.png (304KB, 468x487px) Image search: [Google]
1501197233072.png
304KB, 468x487px
>>
>>42855025
Stop thinking that. Compete with those around u.
>>
>>42855054
what if you are naturally worse?

I know alcoholics and people that smoke meth on weekends who are better at life
>>
>>42855082
Having the attitude that you are naturally worse is part of the problem. Trust me I think I'm fucking trash.

Here's an extremely valuable piece of advice: self doubt, low confidence, and constant negative self talk are a symptom of you focusing too much on yourself and not on the task, the action, the situation. Self hatred is still self involvement. Focus on actions.
>>
>wahhh I'm out of motivation
>wahhhhhh I can't work out without motivation

Only plebs talk about motivation like it's necessary to be athletically successful. Listen to Nike and just fukken do it.
>>
>>42854963
>>42854976
I don't get it. I know you guys are the weirdos and not me because joe rogan feels the same way I do, but why do you need either?
If I miss a workout I feel like shit, I feel sloppy and distracted and I have lots of excess energy. I don't need motivation or discipline to convince myself to work out. My body just has to work.
>>
Watch Boko No Hero/DBZ
>>
Jocko.
>>
>>42855228
I'm the opposite. I get my energy FROM working out.
>>
Stop thinking about it. Just go, don't even think about it on the way there, distract yourself. Once you're there at the gym you'll do it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.