[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to rest for an entire week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bleh.jpg (50KB, 583x381px) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
50KB, 583x381px
I normally workout every other day but feel tired as hell lately, can't even squeeze out my sets. I think it's depression. Is it okay to stop for like a whole week to balance myself out before starting again or will I lose all my gains? I just have nothing to live for, so it's difficult to muster the hope and energy to lift.
>>
>>42853963

Better to have a shitty workout then none. Take a deload week if you have to.
>>
>>42853963
Switch it up. Lift, but don't follow any routine just do whatever the fuck you want to do. Bonus points if you just do sports instead of lifting, biking outside, skating, basketball at the park, running, anything you don't normally do. Your lack of novelty is giving you the depressions, once you switch it up a bit you can get back to any routine you would like.
>>
Definitely do not stop lifting OP

Severely /depressed/ here myself as well. Lifting is the only thing that has recently helped. Get engrossed in it, because if you stop you'll just lose those gains, get fat and feel even worse. Not to mention you lose the great mood and hormone regulating effects of lifting.

It's a slippery slope OP, don't stop working out but like other anon said maybe switch it up too.
>>
Do your normal workout with low weight like >>42853990 said. Change your cardio to a light walk. If you really feel like its too much then take the week off. But beware if you haven't developed a habit because you might not want to come back later.
>>
I'm in the middle of taking a week off. This is the first time I've skipped a session in my 9 months of lifting. Sickness, work stress, and family issues have taken their toll on me an my workouts for the past two weeks have been shitty.

Just don't lose motivation breh. Use this time to figure out how you'll come back better than before. I'm using this time to look for a new routine and fix my diet.
>>
>>42853963
Skip one or maybe two gym days. Stay active tho.
>>
The best cure for depression is sport.

I really didn't feel like lifting tonight. Very tired, been depressed all day.
I went in-line skating instead and I feel much better.
>>
>>42853963
Yes.
But stay active.
Get some sun don't worry about your diet and eat very well
Try to stay away from anything stressful. Whether it's exercise, diet, media, or people, or places.

Just chill and rest.
>>
Great advice guys, I won't quit now. I'll switch it up and try some kind of sports.
>>
File: 49er pepe 10.png (373KB, 643x485px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe 10.png
373KB, 643x485px
>>42853963
>tfw so depressed that when i force myself to go to the gym people can tell and one person said "you alight"
>tfw it goes away for like 5 minutes then i get back into the car and want to bleep
>>
>>42853963
Do you guys think it's ok to skip gym for a weekend about twice a month? sometimes i've gotta go to my moms for a weekend and there are no gyms around there
>>
So I'm on a PPL routine and for some stupid reason I skipped three days in a row. Idk why, maybe because I'm an idiot, but when I came back something happened.

I came back and increased my lat pull down and Rows by 20lbs.

Idk y tho
>>
>>42854472
because you are a hilariously weak novice who's 1RM increases like every 24 hours

not an insult, enjoy those fast gains while you can
>>
I take a preworkout when I have trouble lifting... ravage or hyde make your face itch... the only way to this uncomfertable feeling is to lift. Physical pain>depression.
>>
>>42853963
Do what you have to in order to stay sane man. Don't sacrifice mental health for physical shit. You can work that week in later.
>>
>>42853963
Listen to your body. If you don't feel like lifting, can't find motivation, or are tired after the warm up set to your first exercise, definitely take a week off. I do once every other month or so. After 6 months two weeks. Every year, 3 weeks
>>
>>42854441
What is more important, your mother or the gym?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.