[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrist Pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: WRISTS.jpg (121KB, 710x525px) Image search: [Google]
WRISTS.jpg
121KB, 710x525px
Had this issue and earlier in my lifting years , but it usually left me after one hour of work out.
My wrists hurt when I put my hands in that position (the push-ups position) and in that specific area. In the Outter area of the hand, just before the bone. Im not even sure if it is wrist or upper palm.
I can lift fine. but should I be worried? Can't do push ups with open palms but fists is fine. Should I go visit a doctor? Right now its been a week with no wowesome healing progress.
>>
I have bought wrist protection and I make sure my wrist doesn't feel lots of pressure when lifting, which is sorta annoying coz when trying to lift my max I gotta try to understand weather im using my wrists or not and in the menatime whenever I feel a little usage I insta stop.
Anyone had any similar experience?
My hand btw cracks a lot in that area when doing it circles. The other one doesnt.
>>
>>42851037
I did. Not as bad anymore but it bothered me for a year or two. In retrospect it probably only got better cause I stopped boxing and had to take time off lifting for an injury. You've got irritated flexor tendons. You can help it by being more mindful of your typing position, making sure not to overextend your wrists pressing, and strengthen the antagonist extensors with things like rubber band extensions. May help to do some soft tissue work on your forearm as well.
>>
>>42851118
So If I won't quit lifting it will probably get worse?
If I just be aware of my liftings (wearing wrist protection) and try not to put an y presusre on it in my every day life (key board - I even somehow when studying via pc put my hand and stabilize my whole head on it) might it be possible that I escape a time off from lifting? Coz I just came back from a break due to mono, will probably quit forever If I have to quit again.
>>
>>42851190
Time will tell. I think mine was a combination of lifting, computer use, and martial arts injuries. Just see what happens, knowing you may have to find a work around if it doesn't improve.
>>
>>42851402
Thanks senpai. As I mentione in my comment no wowesome healing progress but i feel less pain when putting my hands in the push up position. WHen I first noticed the pain was a lot higher. Maybe the wrist protection and me having my mind on not letting my wrist use weight actually gave it a rest. I ll wait another week or two to make sure.
>>
>>42851008
Tendinitis is a possibility, I have in it my forearms and the pain was so bad I couldnt do bicep curls
>>
it's your joints experiencing a sort of doms. do finger and wrist stretches. also don't ignore the thumb joints and muscles surrounding. hold stretches for 20-40 seconds each. do like 2-5 sets depending on how you feel. but be aware if you over stretch you can also experience a sort of doms from that, leaving you in need of more time to recover. it's best to do extensive stretching only on days where you have the next day off, if that. so just be careful. i warn you because i ride bmx and have had many small strains and sprains. hand health is very important to be keen on esp when you wanna continue to up the ante and do bigger shit.

i am frankly lazy so i am suggesting you look up various stretches for your joints. apply the time rule as i stated before and do everything by feel. only stretch your hand joints if they are at that "sore" point already. after a good stretch session on sore hand joints, your hands will literally feel high.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.