[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 38

File: 1469914082926.png (1KB, 268x93px) Image search: [Google]
1469914082926.png
1KB, 268x93px
old one's at 300

I don't want to join a gym, if I work my way towards 100 push ups in a row, 50 pull ups in a row, and 30 min of jump rope a day (along with enough protein per day), would it guarantee me to look good? 6'0 160 skinny fat
>>
My GF goes to a designer school two hours away. She's 20 and loves sex and BDSM but she's also Christian. Do you think she'll cheat? Should I preemptively cheat in retaliation? Best way to catch her?
>>
>>42850644
Just do P90X. It's got a great diet plan and very challenging workouts. You're guaranteed to look great if you commit to both.
>>
Why did pajeet do 3x30 db rows and why did he take the bench so his ass was closest to my face. A few feet but enough to be uncomfortable
>>
How do I prevent the bar from rotating in my hands when I unrack it during bench? Fucked my wrist up for a few days because of it once.
>>
>>42850644
>would it guarantee me to look good? 6'0 160 skinny fat
You will get chicken legs, but sure.
>>
Is that thing about not going into the shower right after workout cause your body is still hot and burning calories real?
>>
>>42850644
What is the best way to cook dry red kidney beans?
>>
>>42850756
Pre rotate your grip the other way?
>>
>>42850667
As a male, you should always be acquiring new sexual partners.
>>
>>42850644
Think I fucked up not resting enough between my last deadlift set and putting the bar back up. I was in a rush because I was told at the last second to pick someone up and still needed to get to work after.
Anway I ended up leaning on my left side to drop the bar in place and felt discomfort whenever there's any tension in that area since. Usually if it's something like this I feel better after the workout, but not in so specific a region and I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas.
>>
>>42850772
jump rope is great for legs
>>
File: 1497319943682.jpg (60KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497319943682.jpg
60KB, 764x512px
>>42850644
I'm getting a pain when I squat right at the top of the shin, just below my knee. Google tells me it might be osgood-schlatter disease.

Should I keep trying to squat through the pain? Should I replace squats with a few seperate exercises?
>>
>>42851070
No. It's not. Squatting and weighted lunges are good for legs. Everything else is a waste in everyone's opinion.
>>
>>42851328
I had osgood when I was going through puberty. You don't have it unless you are actively growing.
>>
Sometimes when I do a ton of squats I'll feel light headed for the rest of the day; feeling is similar to light headedness from being drunk. Goes away the next day, though.

Should I be worried? Is there any way to keep this from happening?
>>
>>42851363
oh really? any idea what could be causing this pain?
>>
>>42851446
I don't know how to thouroughly say it, but this is my experience. Others may have additional information.
If you are just beginning squatting (or any physical activity, bad form can lead to eccentric development of muscle groups which can pull on parts of your joints more strongly than other muscles that would balance them out. This leads to pain. When I started running, I had the same issue. I cleaned up my form and adjusted my training until he pain subsided. The same thing happened when I started lifting, especially squatting. I would get knee pain during workouts and back pain after. I decided to get coaching on form, which was difficult for me to admit that I needed. I was forced to correct my form and adjust my training until the injury subsided. Any compound lift invites injury if you do it with bad form. I recommend you either post form checks periodically, get coaching, or both. It's hard to give up the idea that you're going to impress everyone with your stellar progress. The funny thing is, you can only do that with good form. Hope this didn't come out as 100% broscience.
>>
been doing SL two and a half months. added dips and grip work on row days, and chinups on deadlift days. thinking of adding ab work too, since I'm starting to get minor lower back pain while squatting and assume my core brace isn't strong enough anymore. not really sure what exercise I should be doing for this tho. planks? hanging leg raises?
>>
How do I get stronger at hang cleaning? What's a good program?
>>
How is this GSLP routine for someone who has been lifting for almost a year? I also go for runs on off-days.

Monday:
BP/OHP; 3x5+
Rows/Weighted chins; 3x5+
Squats; 3x5+
Calf-Raises; 2x12
Paused BP/Incline BP; 3x8
Pull-Ups/Curls; 3x8

Wednesday:
BP/OHP; 3x5+
Deadlifts; 1x5+
Hanging leg-raises; 2x8
Pull-Ups/Curls; 3x8

Friday:
BP/OHP; 3x5+
Squats; 3x5+
Calf-Raises; 2x12
Pull-Ups/Curls; 3x8
>>
>>42851509
I didn't just start though, sorry I should've probably stated that before. I've been lifting for about a year, did SL5x5 for 7 or 8 months of that.
The knee pain started after I took two weeks off from squats due to a gash I had (on the opposite knee the pain is on weirdly enough). It's weird because even if I lower the weight I still get the pain.
>>
>>42851687
For abs, do weighted planks, crunches, and if you have access to any machines or equipment use them too for things like cable crunch things (idk the real name but Arnold did them)
Also hyperextensions and reverse hypers are good for strengthening hamstrings and lower back
Hope this helped
>>
>>42850995
Hm. After some time it's feeling like the time I pulled my back. How fucked am I brahs?
>>
Routine critique please. I'm trying to work on more glute-mind connection to build my glutes more. I've looked around on some YouTubes and found routines that I like. I'm needing one more day and not sure if it should be sumo deadlift or if I should do another upper (I'd like to hit my biceps directly too). "⇅" means superset. Some exercises I'm not sure what set/rep should be. Thank you very much.

>Under Butt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x8sKcWTsMk
warm up: frog pump x 15
glute bridge 4 x 8
single leg bridge 4 x 10
donkey kick (can put dumbbell knee) 4 x 12
⇅donkey kick straight leg slight bend 4 x 20-25
RDL 4 x 10
cable pull through 4 x 15

>Glute Medius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXTht5i5a1o
side hip abduction (clams, both bent and straight leg) ?x?
pistol squat ?x?
lateral band walk ?x?
banded internal rotation (band around feet, move heels in and out) ?x?
hip abduction machine (virgin) face opposite, close machine with legs ?x?
whore machine leaning forward ?x?

>Boobies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTXCFu1QIY
db floor press ?x?
⇅db flye ?x?
incline push up ?x?
tricep floor push up (reverse push up) ?x?
⇅skull crushers ?x?
single arm cable kick back ?x?
cable kick 3 step (three step back, 5 reps etc) ?x?
>>
knee clicks at the bottom of a squat, only happens once and there's no pain - cause for concern?
>>
>>42852222
Quads sez youre ded
>>
File: 91ZySTwoe6L._SY450_.jpg (23KB, 383x450px) Image search: [Google]
91ZySTwoe6L._SY450_.jpg
23KB, 383x450px
Are those good for anything? Do they even count as a "workout"?
>>
File: 1424991401624.png (42KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624.png
42KB, 240x232px
I tried doing front squats the other day and managed with the just the bar, but once I added weight I felt discomfort in my wrists. How do I do front squats without BTFOing my wrists?
>>
I'm DYEL as fuck and I have little to no gains right now. Is my routine good enough to keep doing it?

Shoulder day: Standing behind the head OHP: 4x10 20 lbs
Front and side dumbbell lifts: 4x10 10-15 lbs
Pull ups 4x10
Bicep day: curls 1x15 with 25lbs 1x12 with 30 and 1x8 with 35 then superset of 1x12 with 25
Incline curls with same weight.
Chest day: same weight with bicep day but with Dumbbell chest press and ground flyes.
Help me bros.
>>
File: fuckin tuna.jpg (106KB, 1201x675px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin tuna.jpg
106KB, 1201x675px
Guys I have a food related question

My roommate moved out and he left a fuckload of tuna and I mean a yuge fuckload of tuna, I've been trying to put together a diet for lean bulking and was wondering if tuna falls under that category, it'd sure be a waste of a fuckload of tuna
>>
>>42852544
Your grip strength will improve. That's about it, but that's what they're for.
>>
My hands go to sleep when I sleep sitting up and my hands are above my heart.
If my hands are just above my heart I don't have a problem, when I sleep on a bed my hands don't go to sleep...
I googled it and there was some ambiguity about whether or not it might be a heart condition or thoracic outlet syndrome or something like that. Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>42850644
What burns more calories on a treadmill: walking on a high incline or jogging at a low incline? I walk at 3.8mph on a 12 degree incline and I burn about 400 calories in 35 minutes, not including the 5 minute cooldown
>>
Does anyone eat pumpkin seeds here? Is there anything wrong with them?
>>
>>42853456
450 calories for 100 grams
That's about it
>>
>work in some ab rolling
>Finally start noticing abs
10/10 super fun to do and great for stretching out after lifting. Can the exercise be made more difficult?
>>
>>42852769
There's a bunch of different ways you can grip the bar. One guy in my gym uses his beefy biceps to grip the bar between it and his shoulder. So cross the chest.
>>
Friends, finally after 26 years of a miserable existence I've decided to hit the gym. The personal trainer there made an exercise series for me and even though it went fine on the first day, today I'm not exausted but my arms and legs are really worn out, like they are out of energy, even though I'm not feeling any pain. I though they were supposed to be burning or some shit like that, is this normal?

Also, I'm interested in the serotonin or whatever substance that will make me feel better. I'm only doing this because it's my last shot at getting out of depression. Do you think 4~6 months is enough to see if thinks will get better?
>>
>>42850644
>>42850707
I second for p90x, it's guud
>>
>>42854086
What kind of results will you get? I have p90x and insanity and want to lose 60 pounds by next summer. Was thinking of doing a couple rounds of insanity to lose the weight and then do p90x. I just want to look decent and be a bodyweight beast on pushups and pullups
>>
>>42850707
>>42854086
Is there a p90 that doesn't require special equipment?
>>
stats:
174.5 lbs
14% bf
squat 230lb x5
currently cutting, is it possible even if i give a 100% effort that my squat won't go up? https://www.strongerbyscience.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-2/
this calc says it is possible for me at this weight to squat a 225kg 1rm.
>>
Does anyone have a guide to doing an EC stack? I've checked the sticky, and there's a basic run down of what it is, but nothing about dosages or recommended products.
>>
>>42854138
1st, if you want fat reduction you need to change your eating habits!
You can achieve it by water fasting too.
2nd you just do whichever, I did both, started with p90x for muscle then insanity for cardio.
But what made me loose fat was changing my eating habits:
-NO processed sugar
-Try to eat fresh fruit/vegetables instead of processed fats
-Cut carbs

By the way I did a 5 days water fast and lost almost 20 pounds
>>
>>42850667
>christian
>bdsm

you should drop her for being a fake christian and find an actual Christian who has sex for procreation instead of pleasure.

>>42850844
degenerate
>>
>>42854149
It only requires a pullup bar and some dumbbells but you can get an elastic instead and use it for both
>>
I injured my lower back doing deadlifts like 2 weeks ago the pain was mostly gone a few days ago but is coming back now I read that bed rest isn't the best way to get back to normal but what can I do without further injuring myself
>>
>>42854185
I'm actually pretty far into weight loss, I've lost 65 pounds already but without working out. I was just wondering if it might be possible to get in decent shape and look alright by next summer if I combined the diet with the beachbody programs
>>
>>42854203
I have dumbbells, thanks
>>
>>42850644
Anyone on keto can tell me if keto foods make you go into comatosis like high-carb foods do?
After any decently sized meal I can hardly function without a nap and it's fucking ruining my routine
>>
>>42854242
you need to wait it out or u will fuck ur shit up worse. when u suspect ur healed, start light and keep testing up to your working weight or start even lighter to be on the safe side. in the mean time do exercises that work around your injury and foam roll as well
>>
Maybe someone can help me out.

For some fucking reason my right calf is like cramping up. Like I'll feel it coming then it'll go away. It's been like that since my squat day which was on Wed. I don't know why it's happening though.

I drink tons of water, and have decent flexibility. I don't think I'm overtraining either. Just for some reason my right calf is cramping up. I stretch and massage the area but nothing is getting rid of it.
>>
I heard getting enough sleep is important for making it. What if you have insomnia?
>>
>>42851790
You probably pulled a muscle, just go light for your next few workouts until you recover. A few weeks ago my lower back hurt just from walking, but it feels fine now.
>>
>>42852960
Tuna is fucking amazing iirc 1 can is 120 cal 1g fat and 26g protein. Just be careful of mercury levels
>>
>>42852769
It'll take time to get your wrists used to being stretched and placed under tension, it should be completely gone within at most a month of wrist stretching
>>
File: 1504490912972.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504490912972.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
My shoulders are always hurting.

I feel like I'm using shoulders too much with every workout. Shoulder day comes around and my deltoids feel fried.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>42854688
meditate.

when sleeping just focus on your breathing
>>
I'm 198 at 6'2" doing stronglifts.I'm on week 3 and a dyel.Should I adjust my calorie intake to gain weight or lose weight?
>>
Right now I'm in bad shape and morbidly obese. Would using a bike machine/ treadmill 5 days a week be optimal? The gym at my apt complex has free weights and a bench.

If i was to add weight training, would push-ups and sit-ups be enough?
>>
Food question here, i have been a vegetarian for 3/4 years now and i have not been getting enough protein. Can one of you tell me some good ways to get it?
>>
>>42850644
Can someone give me a good workout program for 6 days a week?

>inb4 sticky
I'm lazy and want it spoon fed to me.

I reaalllllly need to develop my torso. Legs are fine. They need minor accessories to become more aestrthic but training torso is lost on me.
>>
File: IMG_1480.jpg (100KB, 782x1051px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1480.jpg
100KB, 782x1051px
Hey lads, could I get a Bf% check.
I wanna cut so I can get that aesthetic face, but I'm not sure if I should bulk or cut.
5'8"
166 lbs
>>
never done trap/hex bar lift before but there's one at my gym and i wanna try it today. i watched like 10 diff videos on form just now on youtube. some say hinge like a deadlift, others say go more vertical and use knee bend/quads more like a front squat or something. does it matter as long as i don't bend my back? thanks for any help
>>
>>42855312

hard to tell, some areas look very lean others look fatish. low end probably 12%, high end 14%
>>
>>42855218
Could be a million things going on. Maybe you ARE just using them too much overall. Do you lift 5 days in a row? Consider playing around with some rest days or easier days and see if it makes a noticable difference.

Other options are removing high risk/stress exercise variations that you may be doing, such as elbows flared DB presses for example.

You should also assess your shoulder mobility. Are you in fact challenged when trying to get into position during back squats for example?

Make sure your routine isn't horrible imbalanced in terms of working some muscle groups harder than others.

And of course, check your form on heavy lifts.

>>42855262
Get enough protein and keep your intake high enough to perform well in the gym. Whether you go a little above or a little below your TDEE isn't going to matter much.

>>42855278
>Would using a bike machine/ treadmill 5 days a week be optimal?
It's a hundred times better than doing nothing, and it has cardiovascular benefits. But as far as getting a better looking body goes, resistance training wins hands down. It's been shown time and time again to be much better for fat loss than cardio style training.

Don't bother with sit-ups. It'll do nothing to shrink your waistline. Stick to big multi joint exercises that'll help you build muscle as well as burn more energy. Push-ups are good.

>>42855323
The trapbar allows for some freedom as far as how you want to lift. You can do a strict almost RDL hip hinge on one end of the spectrum, or almost a squat with the weight in your hands on the other end. And anything in between. Most people use it to deadlift with slightly more angled shins than during regular deads.
>>
>>42852887
>I'm DYEL as fuck and I have little to no gains right now
>has dedicated bicep day
;)
>>
>>42853121
Time and effort adjusted, high incline walk is better because you literally just walk, with jogging you have torque transfer and kick-off, which is sort of cheating in that context.
>>
>>42853505
forcefully slowing down; towel or other slippery stuff under feet; weighted rollouts (only do with flawless form); starting from feet until failure, immediately dropping to knees and continuing until failure; going for distance i.e. rolling out until stretched, walking legs towards arms instead of rolling back and rolling out again; body saws with hands on wheel.
>>
>>42854307
get checked for the beetus and/or thyroid, eat less per meal but more often
>>
I'm going to start going to the gym on Monday, and I don't have a friend to go with. I'm doing the Bigger Leaner Stronger program, which is 3x6 and heavy lifting. I'm noy sure what I should do in terms of safety working out alone.

For the bench, should I:
Ask someone for a spot? It's 3 sets of incline and 3 sets of flat bench, so that's 6 times I'd have to ask someone for a spot, which seems ridiculous.

Bench in the power rack? I saw some videos of people benching in the power rack, and it doesn't look too complicated, but I haven't seen a lot of people incline benching in the power rack. Why is that? Is it not something people do for some reason? I believe the gym has two power racks. Is there any courtesy type of things I should know before dragging a bench into it?

Should I just not lift heavy and without a spotter? I obviously don't want to do this because that's not what the program calls for, and I'm not trying to do it half assed.

And I don't want to do dumbbells instead of barbells

It's a university gym, if that makes a difference. I've also been working out with dumbbells and body weight for a while, so I'm not a *complete* noob in that sense, but this will be my first time lifting with barbells.
>>
Should I drain sardines (in vegetable oil)? A can has 18.2g protons, 33.8g of fat which comes around 380cal. Draining it would leave me with 18.2g protons at around 80cal, but it also says that is has 3.9g omega-3 fatty acids. Are these in the oil or in the fish? Would draining it also take away the omega-3?
>>
>>42850784
>soak overnight with salt
>saute onions garlic and peppers/bacon(anything smokey)
>add 30 ounces of tinned tomatoes
>add beans 1.5 l of water/ chicken stock
>simmer for 2 hours
>>
>>42852769
Do zerchers
>>
>>42855292
vegetarian, not vegan?

beans, eggs, fish, lentils, soy products like tofu if you don't mind the man boobs.

it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate beans or eggs or fish like tuna into every meal
>>
>>42855546
There's nothing wrong with doing incline presses inside the power rack. It would be the safest option.

That being said, please understand two things:

#1 Failing a rep on the bench press (or incline press) isn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be. It's not like you suddenly get decapitated - you just lower it to your chest and that's that. A while it's not pleasant, you can always get out by doing the "roll of shame". Since you're not heaving around insanely heavy weights yet at this point, this is even more true.

#2 Failing a rep on the bench press (or incline press) is something that should happen somewhere between never and extremely rarely. Regardless or whether you have a spotter or not, you do NOT attempt a rep that you're not confident you can complete. It's a really, really bad habit, and that potential last rep comes with a fucked up risk/reward ratio. The benefit you get from fighting up that last rep is just not worth it. Even if you do complete the rep, it probably ends up looking like shit, which fucks up motor learning and thus longterm strength gains.
(Please note that I'm not discouraging pushing yourself, just be realistic)

On a final note, most serious bench pressers use a spotter mainly for handing them the weight. Not to help getting extra reps.

>>42855553
>Are these in the oil or in the fish?
The omega 3 is in the actual fish. The oil in the can is a cheap vegetable oil usually. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that (aside from the calories perhaps).
>>
>>42851709
>1 year
>novice LP

Trash no matter how well you set it up. Do TM with Nuckols intermediate bench 3x/week med load instead of TM's programming. Replace power cleans with speed deadlifts.

If you want to train for general strength rather than powerlifting you will need more variation, so run Jamie Lewis' destroy the opposition program, since it lets you do rows/pull ups as a primary exercise.
>>
File: bfdabd27565099.56050e92b5a4c.jpg (487KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
bfdabd27565099.56050e92b5a4c.jpg
487KB, 600x709px
I want to become thicc beefy homobait but I lack the routine for it. 70sBig is neat but has too little volume for me (I tried, and hard), any TM variants I tried gave acceptable gains but seem not too sustainable for the long run, and anything else I found was either WAY too much for a natty, or doable but like 2,5 hour workouts, which ruins my schedule. Halp!

pic unrelated and only for attention
>>
>>42855292
Gluten based recipes like seitan or the likes. Or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ze04WcNgfo
Though gluten lacks lysine so you have to eat a lot of veggies to compensate
>>
>>42855619
>There's nothing wrong with doing incline presses inside the power rack. It would be the safest option.
>That being said, please understand two things:
>#1 Failing a rep on the bench press (or incline press) isn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be. It's not like you suddenly get decapitated - you just lower it to your chest and that's that. A while it's not pleasant, you can always get out by doing the "roll of shame". Since you're not heaving around insanely heavy weights yet at this point, this is even more true.
>#2 Failing a rep on the bench press (or incline press) is something that should happen somewhere between never and extremely rarely. Regardless or whether you have a spotter or not, you do NOT attempt a rep that you're not confident you can complete. It's a really, really bad habit, and that potential last rep comes with a fucked up risk/reward ratio. The benefit you get from fighting up that last rep is just not worth it. Even if you do complete the rep, it probably ends up looking like shit, which fucks up motor learning and thus longterm strength gains.
>(Please note that I'm not discouraging pushing yourself, just be realistic)
>On a final note, most serious bench pressers use a spotter mainly for handing them the weight. Not to help getting extra reps
Thanks, man. That was really helpful
>>
>>42855652
who the fuck quotes the whole post just to say thanks
>>
>>42855619
>The omega 3 is in the actual fish. The oil in the can is a cheap vegetable oil usually. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that (aside from the calories perhaps).
That's good. Thank you for answering.
>>
>>42855667
I had a feeling someone would say that. I wanted him to know it was me and not the fish oil guy. I thought about only quoting a small bit of it, but I didn't want him to think I was only thanking him for that bit of information.

Who the fuck cares what I quote?
>>
>>42855647
Run a hypertrophy block and slightly overbulk. Follow the principles of Mike Israetel, he does a fantastic job of explaining the basics of volume and fatigue management in a retard-proof way. TM is unsustainable for hypertrophy because it accustoms your current mass to heavy weight more than it grows new mass, but works as a strength block.
>>
>>42855648
Thank you anon, all i eat ate raw veggies so no worries there
>>
>>42855689
Israetel is the Renaissance Periodization guy iirc? But sounds promising, I aint ponying up for his programs but his free hypertrophy guidelines seem sound. Do you recommend alternating strength and mass phases often (like 6 weeks this 6 weeks that) or can I get away with mainly training for sheer size 2/3rds of the year as it builds strength on the side, and just doing a dedicated 3 month power block of TM once in a while? Sorry for dumb questions but I used to train for raw strength only, now that I want to slay the boipucci I struggle with programming for it, kek
>>
>>42855718
http://dlx.b-ok.org/userbooks/4/0c60aa62052709345336e9c4005ce6a2/_as/[Mike_Israetel_Chad_Wesley_Smith]_Scientific_princ(b-ok.org).pdf

That's the only paid product you need from him. His templates are pretty meh, Blevins' free program templates are very similar and IMO better for strength. As for hypertrophy, your programming will be highly individual so you don't need a template for it, you can split it up however you like. If you want to do your 15 sets of quads by squatting 3 sets a day 5 times a week you can, if you want to do PPLPPLx you can do that too.

It's not a fantastic idea to run hypertrophy phase for 8 months straight, something more like 4 months hypertrophy and 2 months strength + repeat is better. The book will give you a better idea of how to plan your year and what kind of progression scheme to use during hypertrophy phases.
>>
Why do I feel pressure at the back (higher up) of my head when squatting?
>>
File: Progress.jpg (237KB, 919x900px) Image search: [Google]
Progress.jpg
237KB, 919x900px
I've been losing weight for 3.5 months (started at 226, currently 184.) I intend to drop down to 175 before I start bulking. For the last 2 months, I've been doing chest twice a week (working with a trainer, setting new PR's every week, truly pushing myself.) I know that caloric deficit kills gains, but I have been eating 1x my body weight in protein. When can I expect to start seeing pec gains?
>>
>>42855739
I see, I see, makes sense. Thanks a bunch for replies and especially link, this gon b gud, I shall think of you and your advice when I ravage the boipucci... no wait that came out wrong, lel

>Blevin better for strength
huh? never bothered much, looks like I should then.
>>
>>42855786
I'd say TM is a bit better because you're skipping the peaking aspect of strength and Blevins' programs have monthly progress, so they're something you should run more long term with sustainable, slow progress. I mentioned Blevins because his program layout is similar to the RP templates and features the same monthly progression rate.
>>
>>42850644
Do zumva
>>
>>42851352
Deadlifting?
>>
File: IMG_9230.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9230.png
1MB, 640x1136px
How do I improve these stats (all 2x p much)
Deadlift 70kg: 5
Bench: 30 kg
Push-ups: 8
Pull-ups 5kg: 6
Chin-ups 5kg: 7
Pendlay row 25kg: 8
Dips: 4 =[
Shoulder Press: 40kg (?!)
>>
>>42855824
Oh shit, that's 8 for bench and 6 for shoulder press lol. high sry
>>
>>42855793
Ah, now I get it. Ok then, I will see what I can come up with, probably an ugly bastard of TM and RP/Blevin and a PPL by the end of it, but this is coming from someone who used project momentum without mock meet as a strength block for lulz before, I have nothing to lose, kek

thanks again m8!
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-14-09-25-27.png (1MB, 1389x1761px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-14-09-25-27.png
1MB, 1389x1761px
>>42855824
>>42855833
>high sry
>>
File: IMG_7624.png (15KB, 594x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7624.png
15KB, 594x670px
>>42855824
Are you kidding me? Stop focussing so hard on form. Let your dips fly. It's ok to feel it in your shoulders a bit at first.
>>
>>42855824
>>42855833
>>42855848
>>42855854
>>42855870
threadcrafting
>>
>>42855881
woops. Sans the middle guy.

Fuck you storefront captcha
>>
>>42855739
not same guy but similar homodaddy goals and you seem like you know your shit, I got my strength approach finetuned for the foreseeable future but do you have any input on the best hypertrophy approach for someone who hasnt yet fully maxed out his linear progression? you know the goal body for this kind of stuff, think of a young Lou Ferrigno and disregard his long lost natty card for a moment lol

should probably just continue doing full body 3x/week until I cant and then read the book you linked the other anon but I have autism, I need to min-max my longterm goals as early as possible
>>
>>42855881
kek
>>
>>42855870
I donut feel nuffin nowhere. It's like my musculature nerves lack the sense of touch. Slight exaggeration, I don't have MS or anything
>>
>>42855920
cut back on the herb (or whatever it is that you treat yourself to), get on an actual program, stop taking selfies that can be used as mugshots unedited
>>
>>42850644
How do I get rid of bicep stretch marks? I stopped working out for a year or so, I'm making good gains so far, had a couple of those before but now that I've made some progress they are apparently getting bigger. How can I make it stop?
>>
File: IMG_9247.jpg (144KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9247.jpg
144KB, 750x1000px
While I'm here; how to get lats like dis http://i.4cdn.org/hm/1503650519397.jpg

Polite sage.

P.P.S.

adelaidebby?
d
e
l
a
i
d
e
b
b
y
?
>>
>>42855987
Accept them as signs of progress, invest in bio-oil and creams for pregnant women (srs), few bucks each in any good pharmacy (oil probably cheaper on amazon). Lather it on thick and massage it in twice a day or so.
>>
>>42855943
Hey guy I was lifting for 3 years before I started smoking. I'm not saying it helps, but I don't think it is my main problem at least. I just feel like I'm trying as hard as I can, but then some days you get a real good day and you're like; why can't I push that hard every time? But I'm working on it.

And it was unedided.
>>
>>42856013
have you ever, like, really, I mean, reeeaaally looked at your hands? fingers, dude, opposable thumbs n shiet
>>
>>42856013
>it was unedided
I meant that you could use it as a mugshot as-is, so yes it was.
>>
File: IMG_9248.png (421KB, 610x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9248.png
421KB, 610x430px
>>42856030
Oh, well. pic related.
>>
what's 1/2/3/4 in kg including the bar? (Assuming bar is 20kg)
>>
>>42856009
Def gonna look into that, they'll prob get worse with time and progress, thanks man. Do you think drinking a collagen based suplement will help in any way?
>>
>>42856048
60/100/140/180 kgs respectively.
>>
File: eat.jpg (9KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
eat.jpg
9KB, 281x179px
>>42855989
um, eat? Why has no one said eat? Eat.
>>
>>42856054
nope
>>
Will I kms with this, coming back to the gym after a longish pause but not yet having finished LP?

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/ (scroll down)

Huge juggernaut fanboy so I need some unbiased input, I would probably finger my anus for reps if he told me to.
>>
about to go gym brehs, but I feel like shit - the depressed, lethargic kind of shit.

Can't even get myself hyped (still gonna go though).

What do brehs
>>
>>42855913
Once you start stalling on SS or whatever, just switch to a hypertrophy focus and do what I told him. 4 month/2 month volume/strength phases are good for everyone except advanced lifters looking to primarily gain strength at their current weight (powerlifters)
>>
>>42856123
>http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/ (scroll down)
You can handle it as long as you respect the prescribed RIR.

>>42856133
Scrap the planned routine and do your favourite lift. Try to work up to some sort of PR.
Just have fun, man.
>>
>>42856133
Strong black sugarless coffee. The less I want to train, the stronger I make it. It's part of my gym routine now and I look forward to a nice cup of delicious coffee before every training day.

>>42856123
Good principles and general advice but I really fucking hate the way he lays out routines because 3x12 at 3 RIR is not even 60% and that's the first compound of the day which doesn't follow the principle at all and obviously shows the routine is just half assedly thrown together for the article. Always do 6-10 reps on your big compounds at the start of each training day to try to keep intensity in the 70-75% range, then drop to 60-65 for machine and secondary compounds like leg press and dumbbell work/cable work, then at the end of the workouts you can drop below 60% 1rm and do 12-15 reps on isolations to really squeeze in that volume and fatigue.
>>
Doing hex bar for the first time rn and I'm still feeling it in my lower back despite bracing abs, back straight, everything. It's so demoralizing I feel like I can't do any pull correctly. I always feel it in my lower back no matter what
>>
>>42856258
That's because every pull is a hip hinge move and you're doing it right.
>>
>>42856266

Feeling nothing in hamstrings/glutes though it feels like all quads and lower back
>>
>>42856280
Glutes are always hammered by every lower body compound you do so they rarely feel anything, and hamstrings are the kinda muscle that you really have to kill to feel anything except a stretch. Sometimes I'll do 2 sets of hamstring curls thinking I need to bump the weight up and when I try to do a third at the same reps and it'll be to failure. The only indication that hamstrings are seriously fatigued for me is that sometimes it becomes a little bit weird to stand up afterwards.
>>
>>42856306

Thanks bro. Just trying to avoid snap city
>>
File: cat.png (221KB, 374x376px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
221KB, 374x376px
>>42850644
How's my form /fit/

https://youtu.be/c5JAw5RKo-s

Trying to squat Olympic style.
>>
>>42856387
Pretty good. Oly style is a slightly different foot position but if this is more comfortable for you I don't see why you should do oly style at all.
>>
File: CB.jpg (2MB, 2788x2984px) Image search: [Google]
CB.jpg
2MB, 2788x2984px
Sup fit!
This is what I look like right now. I've started working out on january 2016, but had no acces to a gym. I wasn't totally weak, I could do 25 push ups in a row with good form and several pull ups. I started doing bodyweight stuff, and then bought some dumbbells. Since I couldn't do any beginner strength routine, I did a 3 day PPL with heavy cardio every other day (running or rope skipping 30 minutes to one hour). Each dumbbell could hold up to 22Kg/48.4lbs.
Last february a cheap gym opened right next to my place so I'm going there, but I picked up on PPL, and moved to PHUL. I wanna change thinks around and I was wondering if I should pick up on a geginner strength routine like SL.
My goal is aesthetics, no strength in itself.
5'9" 136.4 lbs in the pics
OHP 71.5x5
Bench 135x4
Squat 154x5 (though my form is shitty so I've yet a gain decided to go back lower, this time I think I got it)
Deadlift 237x5 (Though haven't done a real heavy DL for some month)

Any suggestions on what I should do next? I should add that right now I'll stick to my routine, since I'm training for a 13.1 miles race in 5 weeks, but I'm gonnea change my routine after.

Thanks!
>>
>>42856166
thanks, just want to get yuge (and dont plan to compete in anything weight class based for a long time), will follow your advice you gave the other guy then
>>
>>42856398
Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying oly style is closer? because it feels fairly close already although i could be wrong
>>
>>42856412
Strict oly squats the way oly lifters do them are done with toes pointed out less. Instead of letting hip abduction drop you deeper in the hole, you let your knees track over your toes to get a longer range of motion in terms of knee flexion and extension. The problem is oly lifters are built for this with short femurs and therefore it's a lot easier for them than it is for a regular person.
>>
Should the sets and reps of weighted pull ups be in the hypertrophy range or the strength range ?
>>
>>42856443
Yes
>>
>>42856216
>You can handle it as long as you respect the prescribed RIR.
Thats kinda the problem, 3RIR in my case is barely warmup weight kek, but I dont know how to go about this otherwise. Just linearly progressing on the lifts will probably cripple me a month in, but any other way would yield slower progress.

>>42856247
Yeah it looked hamfisted, too many RIR for some lifts and (not in my case but for other true beginners maybe) lots of different variations to fuck up, but I like the general layout very much for some reason. So it’s technically doable if I play with the intensity a bit and adjust along the way?
>>
>>42856433
Interesting. thanks for the reply i will experiment with a more toes forward and feet a little closer stance
>>
>>42856451
t-thanks
>>
Anyone else use wrist wraps for CGBP?
>>
>>42856454
If you like the layout, run Garett Blevins' routines. He has a weekly progresson template, a bi-weekly progression template and a monthly progression template for free. All well thought out with excellent intensity selection and a long ass youtube video explaining a lot of his thoughts behind the spreadsheets. For a hypertrophy block I'll tell you what I told the other guy earlier in the thread: It's pretty individual, so lay it out the way you want to, split your work evenly across the week, and play around with the volume until you find what's right for you. Read Mike Israetel's work, him and CWS are great buds.
>>
What program would be better:

A

Upper

bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Machine rows 4x8-12
incline Bench 4x8-12
T bar rows 4x8-12
Lat pulldowns 4x8-12
skullcrushers 4x8-12
curls 4x8-12

Legs

Squat 5x5
diddly 1x5
leg press 4x8-12
leg curls 4x8-12
leg extentions 4x8-12
standing calf raises 4x8-12
Planks 3*60s

B

Upper

Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Rows 4x8-12
incline Bench 4x8-12
Weighted Pull ups 4x8-12
Machine Rows 4x8-12
Lat pulldowns 4x8-12
Incline dumbell press 4x8-12

Legs

Squat 5x5
front squat 4x8-12
Diddly 1x5
Trap Bar diddly 4x8-12
Leg Press 4x8-12
Calf Raises 4x8-12
planks 3*60s

Currently doing A, but I think B would be more benneficial in the long run (espacially on leg day, a has to much isolation). What order should I put upper body b ? This order doesn't feel right.
>>
>>42856493
Seems promising, probably gonna do the weekly one. Thanks for the hint m8

>the other guy earlier in the thread
Didnt find it at first but now I see what you mean, sweet. Especially the link to the book, should be a very useful read, and in any case *CWS fanboy noises*
>>
>>42856523
Something with structure that isn't a beginner program meant to be run for 3 months before you move on to something with structure

If it's your first day in the gym, do SS for 3 months then come back.
>>
>>42856542
Have fun. It's a great read for anyone wanting to learn more advanced training principles without going through endless books full of gimmicks and templates that never go into detail about the basics.
>>
>>42856543
Already fell for the SS meme, I've done that for over a year. Got me out of auschwitz mode tho (127 lbs to 171 lbs). This is my second bulk year, and I was looking for something more hypertrophy based.
>>
>>42856559
High variation, high volume, pick your favourite weekly layout and you shouldn't have done SS for a whole year because half your strength gains are probably just bodyweight gains without actually gaining quality mass. Getting kinda tired of repeating the same advice to everyone so I'll link posts instead.

>>42855689
>>42855739
>>42856166
>>
>>42856558
15 pages in and already nursing a semi-chub kek. Do they provide barebones templates eventually or is it solely the science behind it so dumb meathead me can get smart and write his own blocks?
>>
>>42856626
No templates. Israetel has his own hypertrophy templates for each muscle group on his blogs though. The book and his blogs go hand in hand really.
>>
>>42856280
>Feeling nothing in hamstrings/glutes though it feels like all quads and lower back
That happens when you try to catback the lift rather than use your hips. Google how to hip hinge.

>>42856454
>3RIR in my case is barely warmup weight
3RIR has nothing to do with the intensity (defined as % of 1RM). You still use the working set weight. You just terminate the set sooner than you might otherwise.
So there'll still be significant weight on the bar, but the set never becomes really hard. It has to be this way since you're doing a lot of sets.
>>
>>42856404
Bumping for great gainz
>>
>>42856640
>nothing to do with the intensity
It has everything to do with the intensity. Around 10% less than if you did the same number of reps with 0RIR. It's physically impossible to do 3x12 with 60% of your 1rm while keeping 3RIR. Maybe 1x12 with 2 repeats where the second and third sets are harder, but 60% is pretty much a true 15rm for a lot of people.
>catback the lift
"I"m doing everything right, back straight".

Your advice sucks tbqh.
>>
>>42856626
Nice, been eyeing those articles occasionally, will revisit and apply along with the book info. Big thanks my nigga, seems like you teach half the thread how to lift by now, respect.
>>
>>42856671
meant for
>>42856638

I need coffee it seems.
>>
>>42856671
I've only replied to 3 out of 63 posters but hey, happy to help while I sit here, eat chicken and watch a movie. It's a lazy friday.
>>
>>42850644
I look like fedor at 23, could it be a real possibility that I'm low T?
>>
>>42856640
bruh I came back from a long injury layoff, 3x12 with 3RIR is literally the bar for some lifts for me, thats what I meant. I guess >>42856664 said it better, but essentially, once I leave too many reps in the tank I never progress on account of hauling babby weight.
>>
>>42856680
Well, still, if only me and one of the others read up on Israetel and Blevin, youre directly responsible for the number of people on /fit/ who actually lift increasing by like 25% KEK
>>
Are we human?
>>
>>42856708
You should definitely run a beginner LP to get your numbers back to where they were. It'll be fast, muscle comes back super quick when you've already built it once.

>>42856717
If you count /plg/ there are a lot of strong guys who know their shit on /fit/. If you don't then it's just the occasional assclown who happened to have good enough genetics to become a 160lb lean twink and /cbt/ drools over that shit.
>>
>>42856664
>It has everything to do with the intensity. Around 10% less than if you did the same number of reps with 0RIR. It's physically impossible to do 3x12 with 60% of your 1rm while keeping 3RIR. Maybe 1x12 with 2 repeats where the second and third sets are harder, but 60% is pretty much a true 15rm for a lot of people.
You know what, you're absolutely right. I just got confused when the guy said that 3RIR was barely warm-up weight. That didn't make sense to me at first, because I didn't realize that he meant he was so weak.

>>42856708
Yeah I get it know. Well if that's actually the case, I'd recommend doing something simpler initially. Something with a high frequency and low volume on the basic lifts, just to milk neural gains quickly. Something like Starting Strength, deadlifting each session, seriously. As soon as progress doesn't come easily anylonger, you can make a switch to the program we discussed.

>>42856664
>>catback the lift
>"I"m doing everything right, back straight".
>Your advice sucks tbqh.
Maybe catback doesn't mean the same to you as it does to me. What I meant was that he tries to do a standing leg press basically. And while his back may very well look more or less straight (it probably isn't though), he does not engage the right muscles this way. The deadlift is a back and forth movement as much as it is an up and down movement.
>>
>>42856732
>run a beginner LP
I am, just hating it and wanted to change to something still beginner friendly (hence my question about the CWS noob layout). Oh well, gonna max out Greyskull or w/e (fuck doing SS again) until I hit a wall at full speed while I try to write a program for afterwards based on your recommendations
>>
>>42856741
Catback means his back looks curved like a cat's back when the cat is stretching. What you're describing is some kind of weird mystical broscience where he's doing it wrong but everything looks right anyway, when in reality I've never met anyone who specifically gets a glute pump from deadlifts and deadlift variations.

>>42856764
What I personally did after a 3 month break was 3x5 bench/ohp/rows on 1 day and 3x5 squat/deadlift on the other day and just added weight to the bar twice a week. The symmetry of progression is important because you'll almost never stall before you reach your old strength and stalls are what keeps your lifts proportional on SS. It would be weird to get your strength back on squats but have 50lbs to go on deadlifts and hard to program around.
>>
>>42856664
As the athlete progresses from week to week in an effort to perfect technique and build muscle it is important that they increase the total volume of training and that could be accomplished by increasing intensity (weight on the bar), moving to 2 or 1 RIR and/or by doing more total sets of work.
>>
>>42856732
I always exclude /plg/ and /fraud/ (and /oly/ when they were still a regular thing) from such broad statements, yeah, they skew the whole picture lol

Not that I wouldnt like to be some cbt assclown myself, but I’d much prefer being hairy yuge twinkbait tbqfh
>>
>>42856790
Yeah it's all in his book, you progressively add weight to the bar to add volume when you run a hypertrophy phase, given that you're starting with high volume already, otherwise you add sets. But the routine on the page does not follow the principles in the article or in his book and is simply just thrown together real quick for noobs.
>>
>>42856783
>3 month break
close to 2 years in my case, it was a big injury. but yeah, gonna keep it simple and super noobfriendly, then go ham on my programming once I reach my old numbers (or probably slightly more)
>>
>>42855262
I say try to be a bit over your tdee like 100 up, that ensures muscle building.
>>
>>42856783
>I've never met anyone who specifically gets a glute pump from deadlifts and deadlift variations.
So wait a minute, you never get a pump in the literal PRIME MOVER of the exercise, and you've never once stopped to think that maybe the way you performed the exercise could be optimized?

Look you give legit advice, and you were definitely right about the RIR thing, so I'm not trying to be a dick here. But I can tell you that years ago - before I did anything to really scrutinize my lifting form - I herniated a disc doing rackpulls. Back then I didn't feel much in my glutes either. I've since been pretty anal about my deadlifting form, and now it's all hamstrings and glutes and midback.

Fun fact: due to biomechanical reasons, it's actually the thoracic part of the extensors that do the most work when we try to maintain a neutral lumbar lordosis. Therefore, if somebody gets sore in his low back this is is a clear sign that something undesirable is going on.
>>
File: 4L_rrGWztIP.jpg (62KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
4L_rrGWztIP.jpg
62KB, 520x520px
>be me almost a year ago
>sorta new to nutrition part of liftan
>smol af but lean
>hear about bulking and eating above TDEE
>dirty bulk like no tomorrow
>mfw when puffy nipples

>be me now
>on IF for the past 4-5 weeks, at caloric deficit
>lifts getting weaker or stalling for the past weeks
>mfw fat & bodyweight are dropping
>mfw puffy nips are still here

is there any hope /fit/? inb4 you've gyno from puberty etc; wasn't there when I was a teenager and only appeared post dirty bulk.
>>
>>42856827
I'm not saying glutes aren't part of the movement. They grow from the exercise and certainly play a part, but very few people ever feel specific muscles in the power lifts because everyone does them in their strongest position. I personally get a nice pump right above my glutes when I do high rep deadlifts and my glutes get the biggest pounding (kek) when training front squats. I never feel anything anywhere when I'm doing lowbar squats and competition deadlifts, you just don't do enough reps in the set and there are too many muscles firing at once.
>>
>>42856857
>you just don't do enough reps in the set
That's probably it then. I don't shy away from 20 rep sets occassionally, just to make sure I'm not having fun.
>>
>>42856840
Sure, just cut to where you were before and start again eating at a 250kcal surplus instead of gomad at a 2500kcal surplus.
>>
>>42856873
>just to make sure I'm not having fun.
I kekd at this, then I remembered 20 rep breathing squats using 15rm back in HS rugby, then I stopped keking.
>>
>>42856873
You know projection was implied nigga.
>>
File: Coolcicada.png (26KB, 467x519px) Image search: [Google]
Coolcicada.png
26KB, 467x519px
>>
>>42856966
Don't you guys think coolcicada's PPL doesn't have enough pec volume?
>>
As you increase in weights do you burn more calories and have a faster metabolism? For ex. Curling 55lbs rather than the 35lbs you used to do. Doing the same exercises over a long period of time but gradually increasing weight.
>>
>>42856973
You're right, it only has an appropriate amount.
You should change push day to:

3x10 flat bench
3x10 slight incline bench
3x10 medium incline bench
3x10 high incline bench
3x10 flat DB bench
3x10 slight incline DB bench
3x10 medium incline DB bench
3x10 high incline DB bench
3x10 pecdec
3x10 cable crossover
3x10 DB fly
3x10 dips

That'll be way better. Waaaay better. No structural imbalances, no fucked up posture, no shoulder problems. Do it. In fact, scrap pull and leg day, and just do the above push day every day.
>>
>>42856998
remember to do set of pushups between sets
>>
>>42857047
As long as you keep your elbows maximally flared, sure.
>>
File: 1503408078479.jpg (67KB, 999x990px) Image search: [Google]
1503408078479.jpg
67KB, 999x990px
>>42856998
Mazinger Z mode, here I come
>>
File: 1491692923788.jpg (50KB, 346x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491692923788.jpg
50KB, 346x427px
>>42856998
>mfw at one point in my dyel training, my monday consisted of roughly this (without the slight incline and with more dips)
those were the days my friend
>>
>>42856998
DESU you're memeing but 12 sets a week is on the lower end of pec volume. Even Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine has more pec volume.
>>
>>42857228
It would actually be 24 a week, it's a 6 days a week routine [PPLPPLR]
>>
>>42856995
technically yes but pretty much negligible, in case you ask because you want to factor it into your tdee or whatever
>>
>>42857228
Volume is relative. Relative to the rest of the program, the pec volume is appropriate.
That means that 1) given the amount of volume dedicated to other major muscle groups, the attention given to pecs is appropriate, and 2) given the amount of total volume included in the program, which we assume is fitting for the individual doing it, the attention given to pecs is appropriate.

Of course you can do more, but it is not and never will be appropriate in this case. On a related note, if you're doing this program and not seeing pec growth, the problem is more likely HOW you do the exercises rather than how many exercises you do. In other words, quality matters as much and sometimes more than quantity.
>>
>>42856404
Bumping this shit again
>>
File: Logo-Square-2-01-1gpp-strength.jpg (555KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-Square-2-01-1gpp-strength.jpg
555KB, 3000x3000px
anyone got the 200 dollar excel spreadsheet made by these guys.
>>
>>42850644
had diahrrea yesterday like 5 times throghout the day and woke up at midnight to spend what felt like an eternity shitting like it had no end
I feel weak and tired, what can I do to recover for tomorrow? yesterday had all day 1 banana , 200g rice and 900g chicken breast, plenty of water too
everything plain and simple

when can I introduce veggies and all that
>>
What's the best group of exercises to include with Bench to grow chest? It's the one thing that I cant see any major improvements other than lifts going up and it bugs me.
>>
>>42857253
No, it's 6 per day, 12 per week. Pec volume.
>>42857264
Volume is weight * reps * sets per week. What the fuck do you mean relative to rest? You only work chest twice a week. That's 2-3 days of rest. It's nothing.
>>
>>42857524
incline for chest size, spoto press for bigger bench
>>
>>42857572
For Incline BB it's usually around 45-55 incline degrees right?
>>
>>42857524
Depends on your weakness. If you bench wide grip you should add close-mid grip to increase ROM or DB press if your triceps suck. If you bench narrow you can add wide grip or dumbbell press to target the chest through an even bigger ROM.

>>42857582
15-30 MAX. Less is better. You want your back mostly flat so that your ROM is longer but you're not OHPing the weight.
>>
Squats mainly work my hip flexors, glutes, and hamstrings. Is this normal? Low bar squats.
>>
>>42857565
>What the fuck do you mean relative to rest?
"Rest" as in the other parts of the program, not as in the time where you're sitting on your ass. Obviously.
>>
>>42850756
grip it tightly? honestly never heard of this being an issue before
>>
when u lose newbie gains?
>>
>>42853841
Sounds good bruh, it's not really pain, just a discomfort when you move the affected muscles, but it's not a particularly unpleasant sensation.

I'm no expert but I think cardio is better for the feel good hormones, weightlifting also releases some but you're more likely to benefit from testosterone increases n ting instead, as well as fixing your posture etc.
>>
Hey guys, I'm trying to lose weight. I am having success in what I am doing now but I wonder if changing up the way I do it may make it more effective. Right now I am walking on the treadmill twice a day for 3 miles each. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Would changing the evening walking to lifting weights help me lose weight faster?
>>
>>42853069
my hands used to go numb and i would get pain in my elbows. turns out i wasnt balancing my bi/tri workout strength. it was pinching a nerve bc one was bigger than the other. i took a break for a week, iced it, then balanced out my routine. went away in a month. maybe different than you though go see a doctor.
>>
You might find this question stupid, but I'm truly worried.

I'll go play soccer with a few pals next week. Could it ruin my gains? What should I do in order to be sure my gains wont be hurt from playing soccer once?
>>
>>42858072
If you're bulking, just account for the extra cardio in your daily macros
>>
should I be squatting at all if I have slight knock knees? I can only get down to about 90° before I lose form from my heels lifting off the ground or rotating outward.

this is harder to explain, but during leg extensions I feel like there's 2 ways to do the exercise, with extra effort to straighten my knees and turn feet inward to "normal" alignment, or without, with feet angling slightly off to the side.

basically, am I making this shit better or worse by exercising?
>>
where can I get the true nutrition facs on fuking KEFIR??

also whaddayathink of it /fit/?
>>
>>42858164
it's lit f a m
GOKAD
>>
Im using Fitnotes to track my lifts.

Should I consider one set of curls as the sum number of reps per arms, or is each arm a different set?

E.g.
3x12 per arm, record this as 3x24, or 6x12?
>>
can i do a full body workout 4 days in a row and then rest for 3 days?
>>
>>42858476
no, if you have to work out 4 consecutive days, do U/L/U/L
>>42858397
3x10 db curls is 10 each arm
>>
>>42858476

Sounds good, remember to make lifting as fun as possible to keep you coming nack to the gym. Tailoring your own routine is one of the best feelings. You can do anything, your body will eventually get accustomed to it. You just gotta find a way to progress if you do some crazy shit.
>>
>>42857500
>>42857500
>>42857500
>>42857500
>>
>>42857595
>15-30 MAX. Less is better
>Trebbs (2010) found that the clavicular head of the Pectoralis Major (upper chest) was most active at a 44º incline, over the 0º (flat bench), and incline bench presses of 28º, and 56º (exrx)
choose one
>>
>>42856404
No one to help out an anon?
>>
So why exactly is alcohol (if in moderation) bad for fitness? Would a shot of vodka every other day really impact your performance
>>
>>42857841
yeah I haven't either until I joined this new gym. They have these fancy olympic bars. Problem is they spin really easily.
>>
>>42859314
beer is bad for you mkay
>>
Last week I squatted 3x5 @ 255 and I felt like I was close to failure, should I try 265 this time or deload?
>>
First day of keto and it feels like I'm dyiiiiinnnngggggg help
>>
If I'm above 15% bf can I cut 8 - 10 lbs fat a month without much lean mass loss?
>>
>>42860198
10 is on the higher end but probably yes.

>>42859628
What does your program say? Do you need to deload? If you're afraid, why not try to squat the same again and deload after, or keep on going?
>>
I go to karate 4 times a week and while it isn't exactly a workout its good excercise, I also run 4-5 times a week and do some basic excersise at home when I can. I want to get bigger, but if I sign up to a gym a few days a week I feel like I might be doing too much and killing gains (not sure though). Also: what is the best/ most useful equipment I can have in a tiny house and how can it be compared to just going to a gym?
>>
>>42853841
Go running for oxygen high.
Do squats for T.
Do deadlift for posture.

That burn the next day is what you should be chasing.
>>
What's a respectable beginner weight for power cleans? I've been doing other lifts for a while and got up to 185, but I don't know if this is good or not since no one else at my gym does them
>>
>>42850644
Theoretical question, I do rows 5x10 for 190lb at the moment, used to do deadlift in the past but stopped because workout at home. What would you say my 1RM would be for deadlift if I trained for it for a month?
>>
>>42855782
I'm just starting to get pec gains after 8 months. I really feel OHP is doing the work though. Getting into cable flies recently and bruddah they feel spot on.
>>
>>42851383
Eat more
>>
How do I start into bod recomp? Everything I google looks like it's out of a men's health magazine with zero credibility.
>>
>>42860847
>I feel like I might be doing too much and killing gains
This is absolutely a risk even when trying to pair only two physical goals e.g. karate and running. Add a third, and it's even more of a risk. Add to that the fact that effective hypertrophy training requires a significant amount of training volume.

To make this work and actually be effective, you need to figure out what the minimum effective dose is for each aspect of your training. And even then you may want to put one of the 3 on maintenance status (maintaining fitness requires less training than obtaining it).

The good news is that with all the running and fighting you've been doing, your recovery is most likely going to be really good, and you'll most likely be able to power through a high volume lifting session quickly without getting gassed.

I'm going to assume you want to keep up doing karate 4/w.
Add 2 lifting sessions per week on days where you're not doing karate.
Run whenever it suits you, but preferably on karate days and not on lifting days. Don't try to push it on runs.

The lifting can be set up succesfully in a number of ways. Personally I would prefer picking only a few exercises that involved as much muscle as possible, and then just set a timer to 90 minutes and see how many sets I could pump out in that time, in a circuit fashion. Beat the number next time. Done deal.
For example I might do trapbar deadlifts and weighted dips on one day, and weighted chin-up and heavy thrusters the other days. If you find that you get too sore due to the low frequency on individual exercises, you can do the same on both days (just make sure you hit roughly the whole body), and then just switch out the exercises for a different selection after a couple of months.
You're not going to be a bodybuilder devoting 30 minutes to "sculpting" and becoming symmetrical. But you'll build mass.
>>
>>42860894
That's quite respectable.

>>42860899
Kind of impossible to say, but assuming you've worked your entire lower body as well as your back, I reckon you could pull at least 4 plates.

>>42861058
Do whatever it takes to achieved continued progressive overload in your training.
Do enough volume.
Eat at a deficit.

If you manage those 3 at the same time, it's going to happen.
Realize that the stronger and/or leaner you are, the harder it is.
>>
Why is it that I can do chin-ups but not pull-ups?
>>
>>42851383
Could be improper breathing. Inhale at the top, hold it going down and up, exhale at the top.
>>
My elbow is clocking every time I open it. It's been going on for a while but it's starting to hurt now. Any exercises I can do to fix or manage it?
>>
>>42861270
For most people a supinated grip puts you in a biomechanically stronger position.
Also if you've NEVER really used a pronated grip for pulling exercises, you will feel a good deal weaker like this.

>>42861326
By clocking, do you mean it sort of gets stuck?
>>
>>42861339
Sorry, I meant to say clicking. It doesn't get stuck but I can feel something gets aligned in the elbow joint every time I open my arm.
>>
How important are forearm workouts for getting muscular and proportioned arms?

People tend to be smug and say you don't have to work out forearms if you're doing a good amount of arm workouts because they get worked alittle. Mine look kind of slim though, and I want bigger ones, but I'm told that working them is kind of a waste of time when I could be focusing on other muscle groups.
>>
>>42861270
Chin-ups are easier. You use different muscles, and the muscles in common are used differently. I think the average joe has stronger biceps than lats, too.
>>
>tfw as gonna ask this cute girl out at work who i was chatting with every break
>tfw havent seen her in 2 weeks and she doesnt use fb

state of me lads, what do i do
>>
>>42856404
Bumping one last time. Please help an anon out
>>
>>42861058
Eat at maintenance and absolutely crush it at the gym, helps to know your MRV and hover very close to it at all times.
>>
>>42861650
heavy ass farmers walks, rope (cable) hammer curl dropsets, generally with every exercise try to squeeze the bar/dumbbell hard as fuck any time you grip it.
>>
File: 1427419206567.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1427419206567.png
2KB, 782x543px
>>42861977
>MRV
>>
>>42862060
Maximum Recoverable Volume. How much weekly volume you can throw at your body without running into serious problems.
>>
>>42862089
So from what I'm reading you want to stay pretty even on MRV. Not below or over, right? Seems like most programs all have you below so you can add more weight or reps next session where as staying near your MRV means doing the exact same thing next session. Or I just really don't know.
>>
>>42862060
>>42862089
per lift, that is. I can do 24 heavy sets of vertical back work a week and laugh but more than 20 chest and sleep and wellbeing are fucked. But you get the idea.

>>42862224
Yes and no. You can play with volume in more than one way. Do high rep shit here, low rep heavy stuff there as long as you stay near it to challenge yourself. DUP (google it) works well if you are beyond the novice stage. If you want more info on the whole MRV stuff, read up on Mike Israetel, he has a fuckton of free guides out concerning the matter.
>>
Sometimes when I'm doing RDLs or good mornings I get a weird sensation in my hamstring/butt like someone's plucking a guitar string. I feel it on the way up, and my knees are slightly bent for both exercises. I always feel it on the same side. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej4WzltO1DA
Is this worth doing without the farmer's walks?
>>
>>42857524
OHP, dewit
>>
I am currently bulking at 2800 kcal. It should be a 400-500 caloric surplus, according to an app. I eat oats, brown rice, chicken, brokkoli, all good and clean foods. My problem is, that i am constantly hungry, since i switched from pasta as a carb source to brown rice.
Is that a sign, that i should eat more?
Did the calculator fuck up my TDEE?
>>
I'm a complete beginner to weightlifting (~2.5 weeks on Phraks Greyskull variant). Is it normal that my OHP hasn't progressed for over a week?

I was told I'd likely be increasing weight almost every session since I'm just starting out, and I have for pretty much all my other lifts (Bench, row, DL, Squat) but with OHP I just can't seem to get the bar up after a set or two. I actually had to lower the weight today to finish my final set. It's not even that much weight, I think. Only 75lb.
I was thinking maybe I'm warming up with too much weight? I did a warmup set with 60lb and 65lb before I started 75lb. It's odd because I do a similar thing with all my other lifts and it's not usually a problem. I'm also on about a 700 calorie deficit atm with about 140g of protein a day.
Thoughts?
>>
I've been really sick for a little over a week now, although I'm finally starting to get better. How much gains can I expect to have lost? Strength/size?
>>
>>42863520
All of them
>>
Why has cutting out the squats (due to injury) made every single other exercise on 5x5 SL so much easier ? How the heck does no squats = massive bench progress ?
>>
>>42853005
So if I'm finding the bar slipping during deads, this would be good for training my grip I take it ?
>>
>>42863564
Yes. Any kind of grip training is good.
>>
Doing a basic twice-a-week 3x5 strength program to augment soccer. normie aesthetic already from all the cardio, but what can i do once or twice a week if i wanted to add some size work? 4x12? 5x10? 3x10?
>>
File: IMG_0616.jpg (24KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0616.jpg
24KB, 300x265px
I have an ultra loose and impinged shoulder so I've been doing pic related exercise. I use a 3kg dumbbell and after about 30 reps I have to stop because it feels like my rotator cuff is burning.

Is this burning feeling a good thing indicating my rotator cuff is getting worked, or am I making my shit worse?
>>
I can't touch my toes /fit/. I've been stretching for weeks and nothing has changed. Does anybody have some sort of stretch bible or some shit because I feel I'm not getting to the root of the problem
>>
File: IMG_3696.jpg (616KB, 2038x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3696.jpg
616KB, 2038x2992px
I have lost 20 lbs of weight but I still look like shit

How do I not look like shit?
>>
>>42864268
Lose more weight. You'll get there my dude.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (17KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
17KB, 800x450px
How do I fix skinny shoulders? I've been doing shoulder exercises but will gaining delt mass actually increase the width of my frame or am I fucked?
>>
>>42864241
>>42864241
>>42864241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNM2wkhUhEA
>>
File: water.jpg (37KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
37KB, 510x498px
im rural transgirl, on hormones so very little test. Starved myself for years and just started eating more, I'm 5'8 and ~55kg now. I've got a bit of a tummy, i guess skinny fat, and id like to flatten it out and get some leg/arm muscle + tighter butt. Unfortunately I wont have access to a gym until I get a job in the city, I do have a big empty garage though.
Should I buy barbell/weights and such, and will pure running help to at least flatten my tummy? Was thinking of doing C25K. Ive got some dumbbells and a lot of weights for them, any good workouts I can start doing with those?
>>
>>42864588
Fuck off trans faggot
>>
H-how can I make my obliques smaller
I'm turning into a door even without oblique isolations
>>
File: IMG_4924.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4924.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>42850644
How to reduce neck size? How to reduce neck stress/strain? Plshelp
>>
>>42856729
>Are we human?
Or are we dancers?
>>
File: routine.png (24KB, 1231x237px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
24KB, 1231x237px
I've been lifting since june. Back then I hadn't discovered /fit/ yet, so I went with what the gym trainer gave me. After a couple weeks of "conditioning" routine, he gave me what now I know was an U/L split, changing lifts every 3 weeks. Trainer is pretty knowledgeable IMO, but he got another job (he gonn get prime pussy as a high school teacher) so the gym covered the morning shift with another (young) trainer. This new trainer gave me a noticeable harder routine, on a 4 day split, this is my second week, it's pic related.

For every exercise I'm doing 2x15 + 2x12 + 1x10, bumping the weight with every rep range increase. Exercises in the same column are done in a circuit, as in, one set of leg extensions, one set of leg curls, one set add, one set abd, start all over, until I've done all 5 sets of every exercise, then move to the next "block". 10 min warmup cardio before lifting and about 15 after.

What are your opinions on this?
I'm not lifting for any particular objective other than improve myself.
Tbqh while ending my days tired (work after lifting) I've been feeling good, if only I'm longer than I'd like at the gym.

>tl;dr: critique routine for a 4 months newbie
>>
manlet dyel. last push day I did 4x5 bench of 105 llbs and did one last set of 5 110 llbs. Today I got a little cocky and tried to do a set of 5 115 llbs at the beginning but only managed to bust out 2 reps before pussying out. I tried to do a couple sets of 5 of 110 llbs but I kept fucking faillling at around 3 or 4 reps. I even went down to 105 llbs and started failing at 4 reps.

have i hit a legitimate plateau or did i just fuck up by going too heavy at the beginning. just drives me fucking nuts because my next push day is on sunday and not making constant noob gains drives me nuts
>>
>>42857907
Thanks for the tips. It's really annoying, today I thought I wouldn't be able to do the exercises but the kinda stopped hurting when I started, so I did them fine.

>>42860880
Thanks bro, I'm not running yet but I'll get there eventually, I'm doing bike/walking/some other stuff that seems like walking but you also have to move some kind of walking sticks, 2 of them each day. I'm also doing squats and working on my back on a machine I don't know the name.
>>
File: 1475168117077.jpg (27KB, 368x410px) Image search: [Google]
1475168117077.jpg
27KB, 368x410px
>>42850644
Wondering if there is any /fit/ certified diets that focus protein? just because I've been out of lifting for a while and sort of let myself go due to a psychotic break and I'd rather try and Improve myself again rather than spend the £30 in my pocket on Whiskey again trying to forget about the past
>>
>>42864919
New Thread >>42864919
>>
>>42864908
The volume is absolutely insane for somebody who's been training for 4 months.

The exercise selection is stupid. Redundancy for some stuff and other stuff is missing.

It seems there's no plan of progression either.

Your new trainer is bad and he should feel bad.

>>42865408
>did i just fuck up by going too heavy at the beginning
Probably. failing a heavy set can take a lot out of you.
You need to be more patient and enjoy the little victories. What you should've aimed for was probably 5x5 @ 110 lbs. Even that may have been too much. Understand that if you go from just 4x5 @ 105 and 1x5 @ 110 to 3x5 @ 105 and 2x5 @ 110 then that's progress. And progress is always great.
>>
File: d55.jpg (553KB, 1432x2020px) Image search: [Google]
d55.jpg
553KB, 1432x2020px
>>42864588
post butt when finished
>>
Do you have to do cardio to lose weight? I've been lifting 4x a week, was on a cut, but now 16 hour fasting and I've yet to lose a pound (5'9" 205lbs). I'm currently .5/1.5/2/2 after lifting for 4 months but my body looks exactly the same.

I hate fucking cardio though.
>>
>>42866980
pretty sure this is a shitty guide, considering they said increase your soy intake for estrogen. Youd be better off drinking excess spearmint tea.
>>
>>42866995
anon is on the mones already so I assumed s/he would ignore that part anyway, yeah. I only have the no HRT edition, couldnt be arsed retrieving the others (which omit the soy BS)
>>
What you guys take to shed the lbs? Can't get ephedrine where I live. Any suggestions. I was thinking clen or maybe t3. But really, I'm rather clueless.
>>
>>42867053
steep caloric deficit and fasted cardio, optionally with a bit of caffeine and 0.2mg/kg yohimbine thrown in. clen and/or t3 as a complete newfag will fuck you beyond repair, and even if you werent there are better approaches.
>>
>>42867080
I've taken clen before. It's just been like 5 years.
>>
>>42864588
losing fat requires a calorie deficit, gaining strength requires a calorie surplus. pick one or the other to focus on initially. running will help flatten your stomach insomuch as increased caloric consumption with same calorie intake will result in burning fat to compensate. most exercises in barbell programs you'll find have dumbbell variations. it's suboptimal but if it's only short term it doesn't matter

personally I think it makes more sense to build strength first, can always maintain and cut later, but it depends on your goals. I'm the masc in my relationship ie I don't care about looking feminine but if you're going for trapmode or whatever that's different, which I assume you are from the line "tighter butt". if you are looking to get strong though you can expect to progress somewhere in between a male and a female of your size. hormones mean your muscle fiber growth rate and bone density are equivalent to a female. but I think (have not found any studies on this yet and none may exist, but seems plausible) that our muscle recruitment is more on par with males. fwiw I've been lifting two and a half months and already one of the strongest women in my gym
>>
>>42867111
fair enough kek, still pretty shit in terms of risk/reward though. IF you want to continue in that direction, find a friendly albuterol source and tread lightly while using it. still do the deficit/fasted cardio combo I mentioned.

btw
>guys I cant get eph
>should I use clen or t3
what country do you live in
>>
>>42867114
Ah okay, thank you. I'm going for a pretty typical "fitness girl" look basically, want some good toned legs and nice butt, Ive got good hips to work with but fairly small room between bottom ribs/waist which is why I want to shape out my lower half to make up for the waist. Basically I want to look breedable but not twiggy/weak lol. So you think build strength and weight up, and dont worry about the tummy for now?

Is that latter part like something related to twitch fibres? Ive heard that thrown around a bit. Appreciate the advice.

>>42866980
Would probably want harsher workouts than listed here I think.
>>
File: 1485764235466.jpg (11KB, 332x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485764235466.jpg
11KB, 332x336px
Second week of a new 4-day UL routine, and I don't really feel like I've recovered enough to do my last lifting day of the week today.
Should I take a rest day and do it tomorrow or stick to the schedule and possible underperform?
>>
>>42867144
I live in oregon, pretty much the meth capital of the US. Ephedrine is illegal without prescription as of about two years or so ago.
>>
>>42867162
>harsher workouts than listed here I think.
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/hard-body-training-for-women sorry for t-nigger link but this is top notch, put my ex and my current gf (the former also being mtf on mones) on it and never looked back. might be a bit weird to set up given your equipment limits but buy some used stuff or find a gym and see the walk/bike ride there as free cardio kek
>>
What are the BW related strength standards indicating one is not 'untrained' anymore again? Something like 2xBW DL, 1.5x Squat, 1x BP, 0.75x OHP?
>>
>>42867182
Ah that explains it. Well, meth does have weight loss benefits too :^)
>>
>>42867185
wew, okay that does look harsh
bookmarked, ty
>>
Is 1/2/2.5/3 more balanced than 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>42867204
no need to thank me, post butt instead
>>
>>42867213
you wouldnt wanna see it right now, thats part of why im here tbqh
>>
>>42867216
post feet then
>>
>>42867216
did I fucking stutter >:(

but ok. post butt once youve gone through the program once then

>>42867218
no. butt only, you pervert
>>
File: botnet.png (7KB, 545x246px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
7KB, 545x246px
>>42867222
no really, im an post-emaciated grey-skin wasting away on estrogen, its pretty bad
here, come to /fit/ nov 29th evening USA (november 30th for me) and ill post my progress from now to then.
>>
>>42867171
Please respond
How important is sticking to schedule compared to recovering enough before your session?
>>
>>42867239
30th for me too (yurop), and I shall! how should we know it’s you though?
>>
>>42867239
>botnet.png
mild kek
>>
Why am i getting so many grey hairs, i am only 22 and i see quite a few visible ones forming little patches cropping up on the side of my head and some at the top.
>>
File: currynig-scarf.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
currynig-scarf.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>42867257
Damn this is actually really good motivation now, nice
ill have this scarf on some muslim dude gave me, over my shirt, and post butt from behind

Anyway, enough tranny shitposting. Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>42867162
>Is that latter part like something related to twitch fibres?
no, what I mean is motor recruitment, ie the amount of extant muscle fiber your CNS can pull in to accomplish a given task. basically when you do whatever simple task like standing up or bending over, a tiny percentage of the fibers of the relevant muscles are utilized, and the overall exertion is trivial. doing weight training (ie, the same movements but with heavy resistance) you are recruiting a significant percentage

men can naturally recruit a much higher percentage than women. when you read stuff about like, how women can work closer to their 1RM, or women recover quicker, the mechanism there is women can only recruit so much for a given task and thus are holding more in reserve. it seems likely to me that our recruitment abilities (because they are determined by brain structure rather than hormones) are more akin to males than females

then again pre-HRT tranny brains are distinguishable from both males and females on surprisingly low-res CAT scans, so who knows. largely uncharted territory

and yea for me it doesn't make sense to cut until I have something to show for it, but I'm not trying to look slim. personal preference. it seems like a waste to trim down first though if all you have is a little tummy and you're not fat or anything because you will start putting on pounds once you're weight training, if you want to actually build muscle at an acceptable rate anyway
>>
File: 1489962123979.jpg (116KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489962123979.jpg
116KB, 1024x1024px
>>42867310
sweet, see you in 10 weeks then bby. dont disappoint us!

...which is hard to do with such a buttfiend as yours truly, but you know, go hard still, kek
>>
>>42867392
Ahh that's really interesting, didnt know anything about that. Sounds good, it is just a little belly fat visible from a side-view, probably from gaining weight without paying any mind to exercise or what I was eating. Thanks so much anon.

>>42867414
Ill do my best. Im gonna get hecking bullied when I post though lmao.
>>
>>42867392
beautifully explained. I have been training with both mtf and ftm for half a decade and would have struggled to put it into words like that

>>42867429
I will enjoy it anyway, will probably compliment you on it because #allbuttsarebeautiful (and use the same pic as above so you know its me). godspeed!
>>
>>42867429
np! gl on ass

>>42867465
being an autistic tranny once I started lifting it I had to read about it obsessively, so
>>
>>42852887
Stick to the core lifts, start a 5x5 at 70% 1RM and increase weight, lots of food and rest.
>bench press
>squats
>DLs
>OH barbell press
>>
>>42867212
bump
>>
>>42867479
arguably any trannies I met are a wee bit autistic but that aint necessarily a bad thing lol
>>
My school gym is always full and has shit hours, and the other gym in town basically just has treadmills. How /fit/ can I get at home just doing push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, jumprope, etc? I have some dumbbells as well. fuck I hate going to that gym full of retards and having to stand around and listen to them bitch about frat drama instead of getting the fuck off the bench.
>>
I feel dizzy after squats. I usually take a deep breath to brace my abdominal wall, go down and as I go back up, I exhale. After that I sometimes see spots and I feel a bit lightheaded. Is there a better breathing technique when squatting?
>>
>>42869205
don't exhale as you go back up, exhale at the very top

you need the pressure from the air in your lungs to keep your upper body tight and able to support the weight

dunno if it'll help with dizziness but it'll help with form
>>
>>42869214
>>42869205
Probably won't, if you hold your breath longer, the greater cranial pressure will be, thus dizziness and seeing spots.
My advice on dizziness is:
>lower the weight.
>prioritize building up you core, so you won't need to brace as hard
>if you're using belt, try loosening it up a bit
Valsalva can be a bitch for beginners
>>
Been lifting for about 2 months, and I keep feeling the occasional "pinch" in my arm joints.
Like just a quick light pain in my shoulder or elbow when I excert it.

Is that a sign of of something? Will it pass? Does everyone have these? Or am I being a little bitch?
>>
Anything that might help me with unracking bench? I'm only at 85kg and it's very hit or miss if I get a clean
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.