[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does lifting weights help with losing belly fat/gaining abs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1485220337131.png (2KB, 163x209px) Image search: [Google]
1485220337131.png
2KB, 163x209px
Does lifting weights help with losing belly fat/gaining abs?
>>
Read
The
(pls)
>>
>>42846014
Didn't help
>>
>>42846150
Read it again
>>
>>42846164
I don't understand any of it
>>
>>42846272
>I don't understand any of it
Well shit nigga, work on your reading comprehension then
>>
>>42845994
Doesnt help with getting abs but it helps with losing fat since youre burning calories you dumb nigger
>>
>>42846318
What helps with abs?
>>
>>42845994
>Invest energy equal to mass*gravity*vertical distance of lift into each lift
>Somehow fail to burn any calories doing so

If you can do this, scientists would pay millions to analyze your source of infinite energy.
>>
>>42846272
Not that guy but;

Then you're a fucking retard, so read this slowly ok? I'll use little words.

You cannot target specific areas to burn fat.

Where a body stores fat depends from person to person, usually the belly is the first place a body stores fat.

Therefore the belly is also usually the last place to lose most of it's fat.

Ab exercises will make you gain abs, bicep curls and bench pressing won't.

HOWEVER, these abs will never show unless you have a low %body fat,

Lifting weights will help burn fat in general.

TL;DR Lifting weights burns fat, you have to burn fat to show any type of muscle.
Ab exercises give you abs.
>>
File: 1234123412352135412.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1234123412352135412.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>42846351
Just how fucking stupid are you, AB EXERCISES GIVE YOU ABS.
>>
>>42846386
But what counts as an ab exercise?
>>
>>42846351
curls in the squat rack
>>
>>42846386
Not true. Ab exercises won't give you abs. The only way to get abs is to drop to a sufficient bf%.
>>
>>42846407
Exercises for the abs.
>>
>>42846442
Such as?
>>
>>42846351
If you shove your food directly into your colon you absorb all the nutrients and shit it out almost instantly, so you don't take any fat.
>>
>>42846459
Abs exercises
>>
>>42846459
Ab exercises.
>>
Why are you guys being so mean to me?
>>
>>42846523
Because you're either willfully ignorant or dumb as a sack of bricks.
>>
>>42846523
You must be over 18 to browse this board
>>
>>42846523
Because some-fucking-how you fail to understand these two very simple phrases which are repeated throughout the sticky:
>eat less, move more to lose weight
>abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym
>>
>>42846523
Mostly for fun and because our own lives are unhappy ones.
>>
>>42846459
Ab exercises
>>
>>42846559
"abs are made in the kitchen" is a bit of a misnomer because it really only holds true if you already have at least somewhat developed abs.
>>
>>42846407
Bicep curls
>>
Abs are made in the kitchen, you can't outrun a bad diet.

You can do all the an exercises you want OP, but you'll never see them past your beer gut.
>>
>>42846459
Sit ups are good. Also that exercise where you lie down on your back and lift your legs up.
But it's like the other fellas here have said, even if you get amazing strength in your core you won't get those sweet visible abs unless you lose that annoying fat layer on your belly.
>>
>>42846459
Copious amounts of butt sex
>>
>>42846587
This is true.

Ok OP. I'm going to pretend you;re not a troll for a moment and give you a serious answer.

You should be doing compund exercises like pushups and tightening your core when you do them. You don't *need* to work the abs alone. If you want to, I'd recommend planks and bicycle kicks. But mostly you'll need a really low level of bodyfat which is a pain if you're building muscle in general. Better to build muscle (you WILL get fatter doing this) and THEN lose the fat.
>>
>>42846417
No, the only way to get abs to show is through a low BF%, how the fuck are you going to magically grow ab muscles by losing weight dumb fuck.
>>
File: keep crying.jpg (41KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
keep crying.jpg
41KB, 388x384px
>>42846523
>>
>>42846587
T. someone who didnt cut hard enough and thinks their residual doughiness is evidence of absence of abs
>>
>>42846351
Hit them with a hammer repeatedly till they get all hard and you pass out from the pain. Then come back from hospital and repeat.

Tada. Abs.
>>
>>42846523
Because you lack the basic intelligence or comprehension to go and get the information yourself let alone actually implement said information.

So therefore it comes from a feeling of general apathy coupled with the fact that you're wasting our time.

Oh and we're cunts. But so is everybody so don't worry too much about it.
>>
You're not going to make it OP.
>>
>>42846459
Planks
>>
>>42846523
You're obviously new here, or have only lurked for less than a week.
Lurk more, once you understand this board after perhaps 3 months then think about posting. This is a community that requires atleast a baseline familiarity of fitness (i.e. reading the sticky) before you take part in it.
Also re-read the sticky until you understand it. Read it slowly.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>42847047
Just look at pictures of skeleton mode dudes. Do they have abs? Not usually.
>>
>>42847633
The average ab-less person is not a skeletal king of lanklets. 95% of people without abs range from skinnyfat to obese, both of which can be remedied by losing fat.
>>
>>42847785
If a skinny fat or fat person loses weight through diet alone while remaining sedentary they still won't have abs. I'm not saying you have to isolate abs just to have visible ones, but you do have to work them at least some, even if it's only simply activation in compound lifts
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.