[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VEGAN GENERAL - Vegan Master Race Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 402
Thread images: 54

File: VeganMasterrace.jpg (84KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VeganMasterrace.jpg
84KB, 1080x1080px
A place for discussing all things vegan health & ethics

- Processed meattrash lowers test

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk keeps you addicted

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you acne

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

FOOTAGE THE MEAT INDUSTRY DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

Land of Hope and Glory (2017) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVkNofcq8

Lucent (2014) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KArL5YjaL5U

Earthlings (2005) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2oizSsmUs

Since we know meatcucks will defend this

>inb4 naturalistic fallacy
>inb4 might makes right fallacy
>inb4 amoral autists who think not caring and standing for nothing is a virtue
>inb4 faggots larping as hunters
>inb4 faggots larping as farmers
>inb4 amerifats who think shooting something at 200m is testosteronous
>inb4 telling someone to behave ethically is inherently unethical
>inb4 free market is inherently moral
>inb4 meatcucks triggered by science
>>
File: Physiology.jpg (622KB, 946x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Physiology.jpg
622KB, 946x1600px
>inb4 meatcucks who don't understand physiology
>>
File: 1499421590652.jpg (6KB, 232x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499421590652.jpg
6KB, 232x250px
>>
File: Logic.jpg (63KB, 769x556px) Image search: [Google]
Logic.jpg
63KB, 769x556px
>inb4 meatcucks who don't understand logic
>>
Daily reminder that nobody will ever care about your faggy threads, you kike.
>>
>>42845123
Anon, I love you, and I'm sure your heart is in the right place, and I'm vegan too.
That said, please stop acting like a complete cunt. You're making us look unhinged. Anons won't want to try beans instead of beef, or pea protein instead of whey protein, if they are going to be associated with obsessed holier-than-thou narcissists.
Alright, take care! Going to buy tortillas, spinach, hummus and beans because I ran out of food.
>>
>>42845157
No one would take notice of some 'pls go vegan' post. People will accept the truth eventually. No successful movement is ever 'nice'
>>
I ate 3 porkchops today and in a few days I'm headed out to the country to shoot furry rabbits.

Your silly little diet is fine by me, but I'd rather get strong. I didn't look at any of your links but thanks anyways. If you try bacon sometime you might like it.
>>
>>42845226
lel you must be tough
>>
>>42845213
No, but you can lead by example. Craft a nice body, post in a CBT, and when people are mirin hard enough to ask for routine and diet, then you spill the proverbial beans.
Or when anons ask for meal recommendations, simply recommend lentils and peanut butter instead of milk and steak. Don't go full vegan autist. No successful movement ever is autistic.
>>
>>42845243
don't you believe people are capable of reading studies and recognising their diet is unhealthy
>>
>>42845237
Tougher than a vegan
>>
>>42845268
Mate, no
1) Nobody cares enough to read them, or very few do. People here answer mostly based on emotion, not information. See: Keto.
2) The main argument for veganism is the ethical and environmental one, with health as an added bonus. There is literally nothing unhealthy about consuming 200 g of small, low food chain fish and a cup or two of fermented dairy like aryan or kefir.
>>
>>42845146
Logic is easy, especially on the primitive level like in your pic
The problem is applying logic and defining premises
P2 should not be taken as an axiom
Its just wordplay right now
>>
>>42845288
>estrogen induced low test
>meat induced cancer
lel tough
>>
>>42845300
>P2 should not be taken as an axiom
Name the trait then
>>
File: 1435347536037.jpg (41KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1435347536037.jpg
41KB, 327x316px
>be vegetarian
>have to take b12 supplement which technically is a meat product
>if you don't take b12 your memory functions stop working after 3-4 years of non-meat diet
>you either aren't actually a vegan or you won't remember if you are one or not
>>
apparently vegans cant grow neck muscles lmfao
>>
>>42845330
>>have to take b12 supplement
No, but it's not a bad idea
>>b12 technically is a meat product
:---DDDDD
>>
>>42845330
lol, your meat is injected with synthetic B12 along with a load of antibiotics and hormones
>>
>>42845341
>>42845346
It comes from animal insides lmao
>it's not a bad idea
have fun with your malfunctioning brain then dumbass. humans evolved eating mostly meat and it's why we came as far as we did (hint: it supports growth of brain cognition)

if you don't want to eat meat or use animal products for b12, you can also eat dirty vegetables or animal feces.. your choice I guess
>>
>>42845305
>being such a low test beta a glass of milk turns you into a tranny

shiggy diggy doo this is something you should not do
>>
>>42845352
>B12 comes from animal insides lmao
:---DDDDDD
>>
>>42845371
>vegan's brain can't function properly to refute claims and instead spams spurdo memes
pottery
>>
>>42845321
That was not the point
Why do You use this expression instead of any other?
For example: P2 There are traits in animals that if present in humans would deem ourselves valueless
Or
P2 There are traits in animals that are absent in humans
Both of them are true and if put into equation instead of Your P2 would lead to opposite result

You just take the premise that is most suitable for Your purpose

Its not that easy bruv
>>
>>42845352
'It is good practice to provide all animals entering a feedlot with a B12 supplement as part of their induction programme. In cases of even marginal deficiency, the B12 will enhance the animals’ appetite, getting them onto feed quicker and providing better feed efficiency and improved weight gains'

http://eerainuh.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/vitamin_b12_deficiency.pdf
>>
File: 1433172087010.jpg (133KB, 883x662px) Image search: [Google]
1433172087010.jpg
133KB, 883x662px
Plantcuck pls go.

Everyone else stop feeding this faggotry
>>
>>42845146
morals are a spook. kill yourself and figure out what god is in charge then report back, until then fuck off.
>>
>>42845421
lel sickening argument big boi
>>
Enjoy your natty vegan shit-tier gains
>>
>>42845123
>Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man
This is how you know vegans are biased morons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP8VvLPDaAg

If you were actually interested in science and in the truth, you'd watch the video and learn something, but you won't because you're only interested in staying in your own vegan fantasy.
>>
File: vegans-are-so-ugly.png (1MB, 1604x541px) Image search: [Google]
vegans-are-so-ugly.png
1MB, 1604x541px
>>42845123
>>
>>42845402
That's not how logic works senpai. Theory is based off of assumptions them derived deductively. Essentially a theory is a mapping "if my presumptions hold true then my conclusion does as well". If you think P2 is bullshit then like OP said come up with a single counterexample and the conclusion doesn't hold water.
>>
>>42845437
why is it wrong to kill an animal for its meat
what religion forbids it? some say not to eat a certain animal, not for ethical reasons.

if there is some other god religion doesn't mention he doesn't seem to care.

if there's no god, morality is relative and ethics don't actually exist.
>>
>>42845464
Bite size vegan has the strongest jaw on /fit
>>
Clumsily shooped photo, faggot.
>>
>>42845476
>if there's no god, morality is relative and ethics don't actually exist.
lelelel you shouldn't object to anything then
>>
>>42845123
>uses meat-derived brotons to get swole
>Go vegan
>make sure everyone knows, even if they don't ask
>get loads of popularity on vegan forums
>be popular on internet
>look like God to legions of sickly, weakened, easily influenced vegans
>?
>profit
>>
>>42845402
>Why do You use this expression instead of any other?
It's the same
>P2 There are traits in animals that if present in humans would deem ourselves valueless
Name one
>P2 There are traits in animals that are absent in humans
Name one (that justifies eating animals)
>>42845390
>I can't even google where vegan B12 supplements are sourced from
:---DDDDDD
>>
>>42845305
> aggression towards people who don't have the same diet as you.
> tough

Right... enjoy being a tiny little fuckboi your whole degenerate life
>>
>>42845482
>shouldn't

or what?
>>
>>42845499
well you get prion diseases from eating human meat
>>
Reminder that there are regular stories about plantcuck parents killing their babies by trying to make them plantcucks as well
>>
>>42845534
This is a red herring anon, you're distracting from the ethical character of the question.

If you didn't get prion's from human meat and it was perfectly healthy, nutritious and delicious, would it be ethical to eat then?
>>
>>42845520
>low test dairyfag
>not at a fuckboi

lol
>>
>>42845535
>regular
There's like 3 stories repeated over and over again. And it's not like absolutely no omni parent ever had their kid die of malnutrition. But that doesn't make for a clickbait headline now does it?
>>
>>42845465
Why I have to counteract Your example and You dont have to counteract mine? Mine examples are as good as Yours
I can justify fucking children using logic if I just use the right premises and ignore others, as you do
>>
>>42845599
>>42845499
Not my fault you didn't reply
>>
>>42845614
just wait a fucking second faggot, this not a chatroom and nobody fucking owes you instant replies
>>
>>42845631
#TRIGGERED
>>
File: 1504734744048.jpg (95KB, 634x447px) Image search: [Google]
1504734744048.jpg
95KB, 634x447px
Vegans btfo

http://unisoultheory.com/index.php/2016/10/18/trees-feelings-communicate/
>>
>>42845157

^^this
>>
>>42845499
>It's the same
no its not
the amount of traits in humans is not the same as the amount of traits in animals nor do they overlap
>Name one
stop being a faggot
oh wait, its /fit/, its ok then
i dont know about murica, but in glorious europe we hold people who are violent, dumb, weak willed etc less valuable
>Name one (that justifies eating animals)
where this shit in the brackets came from? and why didnt you include it in the original argument? i am not going to waste time on a an opponent that will add rules on the go
please bother to make final and well defined logical equation before accusing anyone of not understaning logic
>>
>>42845661
https://youtu.be/a7tma6inuHo
>>
>>42845639
no i am just being rude to and you are reacting by pretending that it was intended, like any low test college boi would do
>>
>>42845679
Lel the shit in the brackets came from the original argument meatard. look at the pic
>>
File: feminist fail _ Tumblr.jpg (49KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
feminist fail _ Tumblr.jpg
49KB, 500x747px
>go vegan, guys! growing big and muscular is a sign of toxic masculinity, and that's not okay!
>>
>>42845527
Or you would be logically inconsistent obviously, are you retarded?

>MORALITY IS RELATIVE AND ETHICS DO NOT EXIST
>I AM NOT WILLING TO BE MURDERED OR ROBBED THOUGH
>>
>>42845710
fgt has been drinking too much estrogen packed cow milk
>>
>>42845535

And there are a thousand stories about omnicucks killing their children with malnutrition for each story of a vegan couple kiling their own child with malnutrition.
>>
>>42845573
Is that all you have to say?
I bet you do calisthenics. Stay weak fag. I kill and eat animals regularly and sleep like a baby. Nobody cares about your shitty life.
>>
>>42845734
meatcucks don't understand logical consistency
>>
>>42845599
If you don't realize the difference in complexity between disproving a forall statement vs a there exists one, then I don't see why your comments warrant anymore effort. But if you go back and manage to read my comment with an adult's level understanding, then you'd realize I never said the conclusion would be true. All I said is that it's super simple to disprove it if you can. But go ahead, rant about fucking kids. Show me your "equivalent reasoning" and I'll happily come up with a counterexample.
>>
>>42845769
lel you sound mad, go kill a rabbit big boi
>>
>>42845769
>Stay weak fag. I kill and eat animals regularly and sleep like a baby. Nobody cares about your shitty life.
Legit seems like I'm reading a post from a 14y old going on an online powertrip trying to look cool on bb.com.

>I bet you do calisthenics
Lmao what the fuck does this have to do with anything? What if he does calisthenics? What could it possibly mean?
>>
>>42845703
I did, and there is nothing about traits being valid based on justification of eating animals
It is also nice how you ignored the rest of the post btw
>>
>>42845751

Doesn't really matter when we're talking per capita
>>
>>42845464
not a single pec amongst them
>>
File: stirnerfag 2.png (15KB, 688x585px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerfag 2.png
15KB, 688x585px
>>42845421
>le spook man of psychopath
Are you going to turn yourself in to the asylum soon?
>>
>>42845793
If you dont claim the conclusion to be true, then what is the point for me to disprove it? This is not a debate club, I wont argue for the sake for argument
I dont feel the need to stroke my ego by showing random people on the internet that i read a book
>>
>>42845801
as if you have stats on per capita. meatcucks are killing themselves and their children all the time
>>
>>42845123
>doing so bad you come in xth place
>being proud of it
1st or nothing. 2nd is respectable, but pitiable. Anything else is worthless. So be a vegan if you want to be worthless
>>
>>42845801
And that itself is irrelevant when you realize the fact that the number of kids born vegan dying from malnutrition on a vegan diet are a tiny tiny tiny minority.
One million americans are vegan, 2 babies died in america on a vegan diet.

What does this mean? That obviously vegan diets don't kill toddlers or babies, it's just malnutrition that does.
Insinuating anything else besides this is being dishonest.

There have been more couples killing their kids with gluten free diets than there have been vegan couples killing their kids with vegan diets.
>>
I'm a meat eater. I went vegan just to see how it was as an experience. Not gonna lie, I lost most of my muscle mass, was cold all of the time and couldn't think straight. I'm not here to shit on being vegan or standing up for people that eat meat like I do, because thats a sad and shallow thing to do. I will say though, that the pros of trying veganism is that I learned all of the different plant based protein sources are tasty as hell. Peas, peppers, legumes, soy(if you're a chick or a ftm hopeful), and spinach are amazing foods that mixed with a lean protein diet can help skyrocket gains.
Tldr; tried veganism, shit sucks but some of the food can be dank in addition to lean meat.
>>
>>42845874
Mtf*
>>
>>42845123
>my malnutrition though

I literally tracked micronutrient intake from people I've been friends with, and all but one of them were meat eaters.

Pretty much every single one of them had a deficiency in one vitamin or mineral or fatty acid.
People are just delusional thinking they are somehow not deficient in any vitamin for eating a wide range of foods.
It's not the range of foods that matters, it's the quality of the nutrition in your whole diet that matters.

Vitamin D, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, essential fatty acid deficiency is rampant in today's society, anyone who tells you it's just one small group that's deficient in any of these is lying to you.
>>
Went to high school and middle school with the guy in the pic of OP.

Weird as fuck to see how much attention he is getting these days.
>>
>>42845896
Deluded meatcucks just deny the reality that a vegan diet can provide perfect nutrition as a way of rationalising their unethical, weak minded, behaviour
>>
>>42845924
What did people say about him never eating meat
>>
>>42845799
It means he doesn't lift
>>
>>42845950
Honestly not shit, he has been vegan his entire life. I am sure some people thought it was weird, but can't remember anyone saying anything. We lived in Miss too, so he was even more out of place than normal (if you go by stereotypes)
>>
Why are all the vegans I know so tiny though?
>>
>>42845998
Participation bias
>>
>>42845978
lol how the fuck did that happen, wouldn't expect to see any vegans in Mississippi even now
>>
>>42845938
You realize being able to choose a vegan diet is a privilege you seem to be taking entirely for granted.
>>
>>42845976
You can do calisthenics and lift.
>>
>>42845998
Like attracts like.
>>
>>42846053
Kek, idk
He was not big back then, but not really scrawny either. I think he was a soccerfag. Talked to a girl in his friend group and all those slores were vegan. It was weird for sure, but he had always been that way so I just think that no one noticed.

Vegans in Miss are weird tho, I'll give you that. The state beverage is milk for gods sake.
>>
>>42846059
What asinine irrelevant bullshit.
Guess what else is a privilege, having a roof over your head, internet, heating, treated urban water, grocery store around the corner, perfectly packaged cuts of meat or fish, refrigeration, etc.
>>
>>42846059
Meat is expensive. How is eliminating it from your diet a privilege
>>
>>42845146
Name a trait absent in plants which if absent in humans would make them valueless (or, in the context of this argument - would make it ok to eat them).
>>
>>42846135
Lol we vegans must be taking over. Everyone get yourself on the right side of history
>>
>>42846154
Consciousness
>>
>>42846189
Can't do it brah.

Have to have at least 30% of my diet meat, I tried it for a while...just was not my thing. Felt great, but had cravings.

Can't give up deer meat and crawfish. Props to you tho.
>>
>>42846154
Absense of emotion like sorrow, fear, pain, dread, empathy, happiness and compassion.
Absense of a mammalian brain.
Absence of a brain.
Absence of a nervous system.
Absence of actual nerves that can process pain signals to a central nervous system.

The fact that maybe plants can't run away or move and therefore it would have 0 praticality for plants to be able to feel pain or suffering.
The fact that we like all non carnivores need certain nutrients from plants in order to survive, like vitamin C.
The fact that it is more eficient to feed a human population with plants than it is with animals.
Plants are distinct from humans genetically, unlike animals are to us, specially mammalian animals like cows and pigs.

I could go on.
>>
You're not wanted here, vegan attention whore.
>>
>>42845464
lol the only reason I know about the one on the left is because she made a video about having autism. Which means nothing if you're a girl.
>>
>>42846233
I've never understood the cravings. I hate feeling full and immobile.
>>
>>42846254
lol umad this is the most popular topic on board
>>
>>42846366
Deer meat is pretty lean, I don't feel immobile after eating it. Maybe my body just processes it better than most, idk. Also, I limit my meat consumption for that specific purpose. I follow a diet people call flexitarian, which is based of 70-80% "vegan" meaning heavy vegetables, legumes etc. Then the rest meat. I don't eat meat every day.
>>
>>42846458
Have you ever tried vegetable protein burgers/patties. I find them to be a good substitute
>>
File: therealdeal.jpg (33KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
therealdeal.jpg
33KB, 300x209px
>>42845146

What a piece of shit argument- probably from some uneducated turd on youtube.

Assume you're a noncognitivist of some sort. Noncognitivism entails that all moral statements are consistent with all other moral statements (because moral statements aren't propositions according to NC).

From P1 anything follows (by explosion).

C doesn't follow from noncognitivist metaethics- in either "argument".

another problem,

P2 and C in both arguments that rely on a fallacious part/whole dichotomy. Just because something is true of a part- doesn't mean it's true of a whole and vice versa. It can still be true that whole humans have a kind of moral value even if none of their parts do (same is true of animals).

What a shit show through and through- I'm a vegan and trained philosopher. Parlor tricks like this shit is hurting vegan causes. Don't post any more fake arguments from tiny brained educationlets.
>>
>>42846670
Yeah I have. Morningstar stuff is not bad. I eat Tempeh and Tofu often as well. Never had real issues eating real meat that is why I gave it up, I don't buy meat from the supermarket, so I don't support that industry. All my meat comes from hunting I or a friend has done and then we freeze it. That is why my meat consumption is low.
>>
Lol every vegan thread has the same conflating processed lunchmeat with actual pasture meat. Enjoy your low testosterone.
>>
>>42846703
Wild game is different braj.
But to each their own, not hating on vegans. I was vegan myself for a time.
>>
>>42846680
feel free to say 'whole humanness' is the trait and look like a retard
>>
>>42846680
Vegan here, and I couldn't understand a word you said. Can you please explain it in terms a 12 year old would understand?
>>42846670
Ayyy eating a bean burger with hummus, spinach and salsa right now. It's the tits
>>
>>42846698
I wouldn't support killing a dear simply for your dietary preference. But nonetheless, much better than supporting the disgusting meat industry
>>
>>42846789
While I see your point, the American Indians did it for survival. Yes that was a different time, but I believe they respect "the land" more than almost any of us. (objective observation).

But who knows, I may go back to being Vegan one day. Maybe I can get famous like my friend and smash hipster bitches on the reg, might be worth it just for that reason.
>>
>>42846680
t. tfwtointelligent
>>
>>42845834
You're clearly not a mathematician.
>>
>>42846196
https://youtu.be/a7tma6inuHo
>>
>>42846857
lolled
>>
>>42846837
Not who you're talking to but good on you, anon. I agree with Arnold's point that if you could get the entire world to go one day a week without meat than that's the equivalent of 14% of the world being vegetarian. I get why vegans feel so strongly that any meat consumption is wrong (and I don't necessarily disagree), but cravings are really strong and I'd rather a world of sometimes vegetarians than a handful of strict vegans.
>>
>>42846894
>plants have feelings
Jesus Christ
>>
Vegetarian for over 15 years, slowly making the transition by introducing more nuts and legumes along with veg protein powder to my diet.

Let's see how this goes.
>>
>>42845123
A-are these studies correct?
>>
>>42846837
I have faith in you bro. If you think it's morally wrong to kill a dear for no reason then don't let your cravings get the best of your integrity
>>
>>42846959
Thanks for the compliment. I think having to actually hunt and process the meat myself gave me a whole new perspective (hunting and fishing since I was a kid) and I feel it would do the same for others. I respect the animal and realize that things must be consumed in order to sustain life. Mother Earth affords us many things to eat and I do my best to respect the beings (and plants) that we coinhabit us with it.
>>
>>42846786

The hard part is probably noncognitivism. It's a group of metaethical theories - theories about the metaphysical nature of good- that state moral statements are not propositions. Propositions are statements that are true or false- an example would be "My car is black". The statement "my car is black" can be false and still truth apt- since it's attempting to say something true or false about the world. The argument non cognitivists make is that moral statements are neither true or false and only superficially look like propositions, but are actually a different kind of speech act like "booing". So when you boo the opposing sports team- "boo" isn't truth apt- it isn't literally true or false. And so, some noncognitivists- the emotivists- equate moral statements with "yay" and "boo'. So to say "murder is wrong" translates into "boo murder". To say "charity is good" is just to say "yay charity".

One logical consequence of these theories is that all moral statements are consistent with all other moral statements. "Murder is right" is consistent with "murder is wrong" just like "yay murder" doesn't, strictly speaking, contradict "boo murder".

To say something follows by explosion as a logical consequent is just pointing to deductive rules concerning contradictions. So, in formal logic if a premise leads to a contradiction- all things follow. There's a short proof of this using disjunctions- you can look it up since it will be harder to do here.
>>
>>42847015
I don't really think it is morally wrong to kill a deer. I think it is morally wrong to just kill to have a stocked freezer of meat or to just kill for a trophy. If I were unable to procure meat from hunting or fishing..I would be a vegan no doubt. Just my view of the world, not saying it is right or wrong.
>>
>>42846998
They're on PubMed so I'd say so
>>
File: yum.png (161KB, 452x322px) Image search: [Google]
yum.png
161KB, 452x322px
>>42846773

hurr durr I guess I won't do something just because I'll look like a retard if I do.

Good argument, dumbass.
>>
>>42847019
>respects animals
>murders them for no reason
lol @ cognitive dissonance
>>
>>42846998
Lol. Take a stat class.

Economist/statatician here.

Not gonna read all but the first one posted - the red meat and test - finds nothing that is statistically significant.

In other words these results are just as likely just random. The only one that I might buy is 1st vs 4th quartile of consumption which likely means dont eat steak 2 times a day every day because your count may go down a percent or two
>>
Vegan cucks. Give me a 2500 calorie a day vegan diet that does not include protein supplementation or "replaced" foods (vegan cheese) the exception is quinoa cowboy patties. Those are good.

Also it needs 190g protein. If you can convince me there's a vegan diet like that, then I'll probably go EOD vegan or something. I'll never give up meat because I don't care if animals are killed for food or pleasure.
>>
>>42847166
>random idiot on the internet
>thinks he can do better statistical analysis at a glance than medical researchers

lel
>>
>>42847134
Explain American Indians to me then, dolt. Look around, animals consume animals all the time. Not attacking vegans, but you are an idiot.
>>
>>42847113
They are there but you still need to read them.

The problem is OP likely does not know how to interpret the results.

Like knowing '1% decrease' vs 1 percentage point decrease

Same thing from people that claim vaccines dont work, they are just statistically ignorant
>>
>>42847187
Kek

I have 2 papers published in top econometric journals and can tell you many of these medical researchers are bad at stats
>>
>>42847187
And I am talking about OPs ability to understand the meaning of the results
>>
>>42847194
>animals consume animals all the time
lel did you miss the >inb4 naturalistic fallacy
>>
>>42847208
lel I guess I'll just take your word for it, nevermind the scientific consensus that meat increases cancer risk
>>
>>42847231
Honestly don't give a fuck. I can respect other peoples' opinions on things and not attack them. Have you ever hunted before? Probably not. I kill the animals to sustain my life, sorry if that hurts your feelings. If you are such a ho hum vegan, go live in the woods and gather/grow your own vegetables...until then, keep being high and mighty.
>>
>>42847287
you don't need to kill animals to sustain your life hunter boi
>>
How do vegans cope knowing their plants were fertalized with ground up baby chickens, or manure from animals that are used in the meat industry
>>
>>42845213
this
>>
>>42847308
Yes I do, because I want to. Don't give a shit what you say, but I respect your opinion.

BTW, read any studies about plant intelligence?
>>
>>42847270

Yes I am awate of those studies, made big TV sensation a while back

But look at the magnitudes of the effects, they werw tiny, i believe they were in range of 0.5-1.5%. And that is related to average persons risk of cancer

Example a mans risk of colon cancer is 4.6%, so meat ups it to 4.646%.

Need to put these things in perspective
>>
>>42847063
I seriously hope you are not a teacher or a professor, you're fucking awful at explaining things
>>
>>42845146
>Has some amount of value ≠ as valuable as humans
Also there are definitely times where is morally defensible to "exploit" humans.
>>
>>42847346
>want to
>need to
lel go back to english class hunter boi
>>
>>42847379
Okay so no to reading the studies? Have a great day fuckwit. Keep dancing.
>>
>>42847379
>would rather get food from the wild than paying big companies for over priced beans, or cheap beans that are made from the same companies that are in the meat industry.

Honestly unless you're growing your beans and lentils you're supporting cooperations that have hands in the animal industry
>>
>>42847395
Pls link study proving plant consciousness
>>
>>42847412
>doesn't support the meat industry
>buys soy milk from Lucerne
>buys beans from Busch
>>
File: DSC_0075.jpg (485KB, 2400x1590px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0075.jpg
485KB, 2400x1590px
Asked this in previous thread, didn't get a real answer.
Vegan bulking is easy, but how do I cut without eating soy?
>>
>>42847428
not equivalent, if everyone ate beans instead of meat there'd be no meat industry
>>
>>42847417
Google it bitch, there are tons. Not doing your research for you.

BTW, does that fertilizer your food is grown with hurt your pink parts?
>>
>>42847370

I get zero complaints. Maybe the problem is your reading comprehension.
>>
>>42847433
>didn't get a real answer.
You did get a real answer
Seitan and pea protein isolate
>>42847452
"k"
>>
>>42847444
Yea and if everyone stopped killing each other there would be peace. lol there's never going to be people that don't eat meat
>>
>>42847433
If you're wondering what to use as a protein source while cutting, would recommend pea/rice protein blend
>>
>>42847457
Thanks for the feedback, but the answer I got was basically
>soy isn't bad for you
>>
>>42847464
There's a historical precedent for people ceasing to be pieces of shit
>>
>>42847485
>soy isn't bad
It isn't but I don't care, you may be allergic for example, it's perfectly legitimate to not want to eat soy.
Seitan isn't soy btw, it's gluten
>>
>>42847452
Geniunely interested. What is your argument for veganism, since you are vegan
>>
File: 1503774713588.jpg (107KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1503774713588.jpg
107KB, 850x1202px
>>
>>42847557

It's good for the animals and good for the planet. I care about those things and so act accordingly.

I tend to consider myself some kind of utilitarian and utilitarianism entails veganism- usually.
>>
>>42847850
Also a utilitarian. Utilitarianism is the only logical basis for morality
>>
File: vegan-breastfeeding-kills.jpg (120KB, 538x1006px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-breastfeeding-kills.jpg
120KB, 538x1006px
>>42845123
>>
File: vegan-statistics.png (129KB, 874x574px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-statistics.png
129KB, 874x574px
>>42848114
>>
File: jon-venus-subway.png (1MB, 872x1969px) Image search: [Google]
jon-venus-subway.png
1MB, 872x1969px
>>42848120
>>
File: outlaws.png (213KB, 615x744px) Image search: [Google]
outlaws.png
213KB, 615x744px
>>42848132
>>
File: 1465075888410.png (2MB, 1510x954px) Image search: [Google]
1465075888410.png
2MB, 1510x954px
>>42848142
>>
File: atypical-diet.png (71KB, 725x694px) Image search: [Google]
atypical-diet.png
71KB, 725x694px
>>42848152
>>
File: tortured.png (178KB, 691x751px) Image search: [Google]
tortured.png
178KB, 691x751px
>>42848161
>>
>>42848161
This supports veganism for children
>>
File: vegans-btfo.png (587KB, 1095x839px) Image search: [Google]
vegans-btfo.png
587KB, 1095x839px
>>42848168
>>
File: b12-deficiency.png (155KB, 838x945px) Image search: [Google]
b12-deficiency.png
155KB, 838x945px
>>42848180
>>
>>42848168
>starvation
>veganism
>same thing
lel
>>
File: aging-at-the-speed-of-vegan.png (305KB, 556x827px) Image search: [Google]
aging-at-the-speed-of-vegan.png
305KB, 556x827px
>>42848192
>>
File: gotmeat.png (425KB, 644x876px) Image search: [Google]
gotmeat.png
425KB, 644x876px
>>42848201
>>
File: cerebral-atrophy.png (97KB, 736x905px) Image search: [Google]
cerebral-atrophy.png
97KB, 736x905px
>>42848216
>>
>>42848216
>800 cal per day
>veganism
>same thing
lel
>>
File: rip.png (201KB, 504x804px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
201KB, 504x804px
>>42848223
>>
File: choosemyplate.jpg (238KB, 1088x2000px) Image search: [Google]
choosemyplate.jpg
238KB, 1088x2000px
>>42848238
>>
>>42848246
based aus gov.
>>
>>42848260
>>
File: retarded_vegan.png (75KB, 800x149px) Image search: [Google]
retarded_vegan.png
75KB, 800x149px
>>42848271
>>
File: vegan_cunts.png (86KB, 795x204px) Image search: [Google]
vegan_cunts.png
86KB, 795x204px
>>42848282
>>
File: vegan_abuse.png (84KB, 980x127px) Image search: [Google]
vegan_abuse.png
84KB, 980x127px
>>42848298
>>
>>42848318
holy fuck you got a grudge against vegans or something? all these posts are of retarded vegans. When you get all the nutrition you need, Vegan diet is the master diet. of course you are gonna die if you dont know your shit.
>>
>using examples of unhealthy vegans as an argument against veganism as a whole
lel
>>
Negligent vegan anecdotes, the movie. Education system is failing us.
>>
File: Things that make you go..jpg (19KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
Things that make you go..jpg
19KB, 299x168px
>>
>>42845123
I Propose that we instead of trying to convert non vegans or post studies linking animal products to diseases we post meal plans and recipes
>>
File: Cows are the Problem.jpg (241KB, 632x880px) Image search: [Google]
Cows are the Problem.jpg
241KB, 632x880px
>>
File: 1502822232031.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1502822232031.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>42845123
>>
>>42847178
Learn to prepare seitan properly and you have a delicious and versatile soy-free (if you care about that) protein with the same protein density as chicken by calories and even higher by weight. Also, lentils + tvp + black/kidney beans makes a great chili base. Tempeh is delicious lightly fried with homemade Worcester sauce (equal parts soy sauce and some cost vinegar plus whatever spices you find appropriate). Mushrooms and leafy greens are tasty and nutritious as well but not a meat replacement just stuff you should eat plenty of anyways.

For the record, I don't really give a shit of you to vegan or not, but your post is a good excuse to dump some recipes.
>>
>>42847355

>But look at the magnitudes of the effects, they werw tiny, i believe they were in range of 0.5-1.5%
>Example a mans risk of colon cancer is 4.6%, so meat ups it to 4.646%.

Haha, no.

The baseline risk is 5%, so a 1 in 20 chance of getting colorectal cancer in your lifetime disregarding meat intake. Each 50g of processed meat or each 100g of unprocessed red meat you eat each day raises risk about 18%.

That means eating 1 serving of either takes you from 5% risk to 5.9% risk, or 1 in 17. One more serving takes you to 6.8% risk, or about 1 in 15.

If you were the kind of guy who enjoyed a half pound of steak for dinner and a few strips of bacon in the morning, you would be raising your risk from a 1 in 20 chance to 1 in 13. And that's assuming you don't die first of cardiovascular disease, which kills half of all US adults.
>>
>>42847019
I get that, reminds me of how messy consumption was 100+ years ago. Families almost never ate their chickens because they relied on their eggs for money. Whenever an animal was killed for its meat, almost every part was used and there were recipes for all the organs and gamey cuts, unlike now where a lot of that is thrown away because of lack of demand. Going back 1000+ years, only the rich could regularly afford to eat meat because the only known form of preserving it was salting and salt was much more expensive then.
>>
>>42848626
tfw you actually think you make any sense
>>
OP is
>SJW attention whore
or
>paid shill

His arguements get blasted every time and anon still makes new threads.
>>
>>42848384
Isn't that what vegans do?
Most of the vegan diet is healthier than normal people idea depends on the unhealthiness of the average Joe's diet.

I don't think there's ever been a study of people on a healthy omnivore diet vs a strict vegan diet.
>>
>>42848669
lel they're not arguments they're scientific studies. go back to school meatard
>>
>>42848656

I can make it easier for you if you need me to

>you eat meat
>poo poo get a bad bad :(
>>
>>42848670
This doesn't make sense. If heme iron increases DNA damage and increases cancer risk then it is unhealthy in any amount
>>
>>42848670

>I don't think there's ever been a study of people on a healthy omnivore diet vs a strict vegan diet.

Here's one on vegetarians

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10479226

>all-cause mortality in the whole cohort was roughly half that in the population of England and Wales (standardized mortality ratio, 0.46; 95% CI, 0.42, 0.51).
>fter adjusting for smoking, body mass index, and social class, death rates were lower in non-meat-eaters than in meat eaters for each of the mortality endpoints studied [relative risks and 95% CIs: 0.80 (0. 65, 0.99) for all causes of death, 0.72 (0.47, 1.10) for ischemic heart disease, and 0.61 (0.44, 0.84) for all malignant neoplasms].
>Mortality from ischemic heart disease was also positively associated with estimated intakes of total animal fat, saturated animal fat, and dietary cholesterol.

And studies on vegans in another health conscious population show that they're even better off than vegetarians

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
>>
>>42845305
Even if this is bait, people will believe it. The test levels between the two diets is negligible. Vegans have higher test but meat eaters have higher total test, meaning they have more available testosterone. I'm just eyeballing it, but the difference is less than 5%.
Meat may cause cancer, it's class A2 carcinogen and not A1. it's not confirmed yet to directly cause cancer
>>
>>42848713
Processed meat is group 1, soon red meat will be too
>>
>>42848677
You didn't answer my question
Are you a shill or a fanatic?
>>
>>42848691
>then it is unhealthy in any amount
No.
That's not how nutrition works. That's like saying since excessive water drinking can result in water intoxication and death, water is dangerous and should be avoided even in small doses.
>>
>>42845404
Look up clams, mate. Clams have well over the DRI for b12. Are clams fed b12 so they gain more weight? I don't even need to open the link to know it's either propaganda or that you're cherry picking facts/arguments. I'll open it after I post for shits and giggles, maybe
>>
>>42848713
>meat eaters have higher total test, meaning they have more available testosterone
No. meat eaters have higher total test, but equal free test, which is the bioavailable one.
>>
>>42848764
Clams aren't really the meat/animals in question desu m8
>>
>>42848765
Ahh, I'll have to double check on that. But either way, difference in test levels are negligible. I'm not even sure where the argument came from
>>
>>42848760
False analogy m8. Heme iron inherently causes dna damage. Water isnt inherently toxic
>>
>>42848801
Comes from studies such as the ones i linked
>>
>>42848801
Just to make your job a bit easier, total test is what the word says, total. Total test is either bound to sex-hormone-binding-globulin (you'll find it in literature abbreviated as SHGB), or it is free test. Free test is orders of magnitude less than total test. We're talking 100 or 1000 times less.
>>
Is it true that humans aren't meant to eat beans and grains
>>
>>42848114
>b12 deficiency causes death in infant
>happens literally daily
>once or twice a year, whenever it's a vegan mother, the tabloids and retards are all over it
>>
>>42848930
>happens literally daily
Not in america vegan fag
>>
>>42848920
>meant to
what the fuck does it even mean
In the paleo (non)sense of the word, we aren't
In the sense that they are healthy and nutritious and full of fiber and antioxidants and protein and iron and other vitamins and minerals, yes, we absolutely should eat beans daily
>>
>>42848930
I wonder how long it will be till the media stops pushing the meat is healthy bullshit. All the science is there to prove it isn't
>>
>>42848957
i don't have the statistics for the us, you could be right, i don't know. let's say it's true. so what? those babies die because their parents were ignorant. this is not a vegan issue, it's an education and IQ issue
>>
>>42848979
Someone told me your body can't digest them properly and that they fuck you up
>>
>>42849072
You probably heard it from a paleofag
>>
>>42848358
It's just the ebin "gonna post all my anti[thing] pictures" method. It doesn't necessarily have any logic behind it
>>
>>42849046
People act like B12 deficiency is an exclusively vegan issue. In reality there's more B12 deficiency non vegans than B12 deficient vegans
>>
can anyone post good vegan physiques (people who started lifting vegan)
>>
>>42849072
if you eat a lot of animal products and you don't eat legumes very often, it's kind of true, because your gut flora is not adapted well to aid the digestion of legumes. if you start eating more gradually, you'll adjust (no bloating, less farts)

legumes are extremely good for you. they're like the best foods for human beans
>>
>>42845123
>might makes right fallacy
That's not a fallacy fucking retard.
> amoral autists who think not caring and standing for nothing is a virtue
No person that is amoral say he is virtuous, and if he says it it doesn't matter, you don't decide what is virtue and what isn't for them.
>>
>>42849133
None of this is meaningful since we never know natty status. Nonetheless

https://www.instagram.com/nimai_delgado/
>>
File: 1358483824845.jpg (45KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
1358483824845.jpg
45KB, 616x462px
>>42845123
just dropping off my steaks, veganshill

and use an acronym so I can filter this garbage
>>
>>42849160
wut. might makes right is a formal logical fallacy
>>
>>42849175
Thanks, needing some inspiration
>>
>>42849210
I like his quote 'my body is a temple, not a graveyard'
>>
>>42849193
tough
>>
>>42849175
>since we never know natty status
Like it's even a question with that guy
>>
>>42849175
everybody not on roids is dyel by /fit/ standards, especially if they're known to be vegan
>>
>>42849160
>No person that is amoral say he is virtuous
kek were you literally born yesterday? you can't possibly mean this
>>
File: cigarfag.jpg (5KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
cigarfag.jpg
5KB, 250x166px
>mfw millenials shortpronounce vegetarian into vegan. Just like frozen yogurt into froyo.
>>
>>42849344
>and if he says it it doesn't matter, you don't decide what is virtue and what isn't for them.
>>
>>42849256
Clearly whole grain vegan natty
>>
>>42849418
>vejan
no
>>
>>42849422
so as long as i think my actions are moral, everyone must accept them to be moral?
>>
>>42849344
lel half the meatards ITT think needlessly murdering an animal is virtuous
>>
>>42849446
Classic meatard moral relativism
>>
>>42849193
you can just filter "vegan*" (to catch vegans and veganism too)
>>
>>42849483
lel meatards love these threads
>>
>>42848384
>using bad nazis as an argument against national socialism as a whole
lel
>>
>>42849572
>using unhealthy nazis as an argument against national socialism as a whole
fixed that for you
>>
>>42849572
false analogy, nazism is an inherent property of national socialism

try again smart boi
>>
How many grams of chicken can I eat per day without getting gyno
>>
>>42849448
I eat meat and I accept it's immoral.
>>
>>42849688
why would you place your taste over your moral integrity
>>
>>42849686
>how many cigarettes can I smoke before getting lung cancer
I mean 4 cigarettes a day isn't going to hurt you most likely, but why do it if it provides zero benefit?
>>
File: soy-breast-cancer.png (99KB, 567x772px) Image search: [Google]
soy-breast-cancer.png
99KB, 567x772px
>>42848713
>>42847270
>meat causes cancer

Anything can cause cancer, you goddamned retards.
>>
File: bio-availability_protein.png (159KB, 699x869px) Image search: [Google]
bio-availability_protein.png
159KB, 699x869px
>>42845123

>why third worlders are shorter and have lower IQ.

A predominantly plant based diet, that's why.
>>
>>42849723
>chicken provides no benefit

LIL
>>
>>42850032
>Comparing third world starvation diet to health conscious vegan diet
lel
>>
>>42850115
>comparing cigarettes to chicken
lel
>>
File: vg-pecs.jpg (303KB, 1920x1914px) Image search: [Google]
vg-pecs.jpg
303KB, 1920x1914px
>>42850115
>health conscious vegan diet
>>
>>42850158
This is a good physique with even better skin tone
>>
>>42850171
>literally no chest
>"good physique"

Veganmanlet only does arms because it's the only thing he can actually improve
>>
>>42850032
Also soy protein has just as good bioavailability as any animal protein
>>
>>42850158
Barfingloli.jpg
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>42850181

>Veganmanlet
>>
>>42850209
>5"8 vs 5"4
>>
>>42850181
>6'3
>manlet
/fit/ standards are in rapid inflation
>>
>>42850236
>6'0 vs 5'11
>>
HOW MUCH STEAK WOULD I HAVE TO EAT TO GET A CYCLE'S WORTH OF TREN
>>
>>42850158
whats the point of being a vegan, yet being on gear at the same time? hes aware that the possible side-effects of gear massively outweight the possible benefits of being a vegan on his health, right?

surely you cant be stupid enough to subject yourself to a subpar diet because 'muh animals', right?
>>
File: aussie-bantz.png (236KB, 511x940px) Image search: [Google]
aussie-bantz.png
236KB, 511x940px
>>
>>42845571
Of course!
>>
>>42850299
he's on gear?
>>
>>42850299
Moral integrity brah. Not to mention meat is not a substitute for gear
>>
>>42850299
>he's so dyel

>he's too big to be natty

>look how weak vegans are

>he's not even vegan

opinions of /fit/
>>
File: vegan-not-even-once.jpg (273KB, 555x827px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-not-even-once.jpg
273KB, 555x827px
>>
>Be liberal
>Get mental deficiency from liberal ideals
>Be vegan
>Get brain damage such as bipolar from lack of essential nutrients and vitamins
>Can't notice the difference anyway
>Can't stop shoveling in people's throat that you're a vegan and it's the only way to go
>Wonder why nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>42850348
>teaching your children to behave ethically is unethical
It's almost like this article was written by jews.
>>
>>42850345
considering that plant based proteins cannot provide a complete amino acid profile, only giving the "essential" amino acids, which is extremely pared down, I would say that meat is a good place to start. you know, basic nutrients and such.
>>
>>42850348
>Random professor's opinion
>invalidates American dietetic association

lel
>>
>>42850319
just look at his body. He has terrible chest insertions but other than that his traps, biceps and delts are massive. He's also lean af, and though you could account that on 'being vegan' (which would make sense), no way in hell he would have this amount of mass AND be lean at the same time if he wasnt on gear.
>>42850345
you can't be huge and lean at the same time natty. It doesn't matter how good your genes are, you're not going to compete against a dude rocking 2000ng/dl test. Not to mention trembolone, dianabol and other stuff.

And then comes the 'vegan' part, which only means this guy has supposedly achieved this physique naturally and with a shitty diet fueled by incomplete, low biological-value protein. You cant be this naive
>>
>>42850363
which is funny anon, because a lot of people consider the push towards a vegan diet to be a 'jewish trick', considering how unhealthy it is. Your ethics are not mine in this case.
>>
File: inuit-children.jpg (233KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
inuit-children.jpg
233KB, 1024x679px
>>42850363
>zero cultures are vegan

>>42850374
>American dietetic association

Vegan lobbyists who used to receive sponsorship from Coca-Cola & McDonald's and were forced to drop "American" form their name. Discarded.
>>
>>42850384
i guess i just find it difficult to believe because his pecs look so unhealthy. plus I'm pretty sure he could achieve similar results by eating liver or a chicken breast now and then without gear.
>>
>>42850384
vg does not have huge traps. Arms yes, traps no
>>
>>42850388
I agree, it's funny that people are so easily bamboozled.
>>
>>42845123
>Processed meattrash lowers test
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>For total fasting serum testosterone (T) there was a significant interaction between diet and time (P < 0.01). Thus, the V diet resulted in a lower total T level (13.7, 9.8-32.4 nmol.l-1) (median and range) compared with the M diet (17.4, 11.8-33.5 nmol.l-1). During exercise after 6 wk on the diets total T was also significantly lower on the V than on the M diet (P < 0.05).
>http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1435181
>Plasma levels of testosterone and estradiol-17 beta were significantly lower in the SV than in the omnivores.
>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>Blood concentrations of sex hormones did not differ after the two diets, but the mean testosterone:oestradiol value was 10% higher (P = 0.06) after the meat diet.
>http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/11103227
>Our results indicate that in men a decrease in dietary fat content and an increase in the degree of unsaturation of fatty acids reduces the serum concentrations of androstenedione, testosterone and free testosterone.
>http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/0022473184902541
>A lower nocturnal release of prolactin and testosterone occurred in men fed a vegetarian diet...
>http://www.cancerletters.info/article/S0304-3835(79)80054-3/pdf
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>>
>>42850460
the cognitive dissonance is real these days
>>
File: Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png (34KB, 674x318px) Image search: [Google]
Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png
34KB, 674x318px
>>42845123
>Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man
>Casomorphine in milk keeps you addicted
>Milk gives you acne
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of <68pg/ml the subjects in the Maruyama study would have elevated E1 levels to begin with, if the measurement was correct.
>difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>http://sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
>http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
>http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.10719992
>>
>>42850463
why are you linking me studies on protein timing
>>
>>42850498
Wasn't even aware dairy had been linked to prostate cancer
>>
>>42850463

>Serum free testosterone, however, did not differ significantly during the 6 wk dietary intervention periods and neither did serum concentrations of sex hormone binding globulin, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate, 4-androstenedione, estrone, estradiol, estrone sulphate, or gonadotropins.

You always leave this part out when you post that abstract. The other studies don't even mention free testosterone.
>>
>>42850408
>Vegan lobbyists who used to receive sponsorship from Coca-Cola & McDonald's
>Sponsored by big business pushing meat junk, yet still stand by good science and vegan diet
hmmm they sure sound biased as fuck

>forced to drop "American" form their name
>forced
kek
>>
>>42850463
>low fat
>veganism
>same thing

why do I keep seeing this shit
>>
>>42850570
it's meat eaters trying to make an argument, when they don't even know what they're arguing against
>>
>>42850556
anon, a good 90% of the research being done today is funded by companies that will pay a bit extra for researchers to use a different model to give a slightly different result in their favour.

do you really think that all these one-off studies that these retards link have any relevance at all? it takes hundreds of reproductions of a theory to confirm it, and even then someone can come up with something that will blow it out of the water. you're following the mindset of someone who reads a buzzfeed article about how "new research proves that sucking dick 3x / week helps with tooth alignment!". not mentioning any flaws in the study, shortsightedness, or whether or not anyone else takes it seriously.
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

High intakes of dairy linked to increased prostate cancer risk

yet another nail in the coffin of the dairyfag
>>
>>42850629
The meat, egg and dairy industries fund more corrupt studies than 'vegan lobbyists' ever could
>>
>>42850619
lol yeah
>meatlogic
>>
>>42845123
>Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer
>Meat gives you colorectal cancer
>>42849723
>>42848713
>>42847270
>http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>https://chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>https://rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>https://deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>https://deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>https://www.westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>https://www.westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>http://caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>>42850619
>This level of projection and not reading
>>
>>42850649
>More not reading
>>42850498
>>
>>42850684
>reddit.com
Highly reputable sources there m8
>>
>>42850684
Could you at least describe the links
>>
>>42845127
>http://time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
>https://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
>https://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
>People who read books know a fact that vegetarians do not- that at one point in history, the Earth's total population of humans dropped to between 5,000 and 10,000 individuals, due to the eruption of Mt. Toba in Sumatra, which killed off most of the available plant and animal life on Earth in 71,000 BC. During this period of time, humans were confined to an
>extraordinarily small area of Africa that escaped glaciation, where they subsisted on a diet that was "approximately 50-70% meat and 50-30% plants, respectively." This diet was necessitated by the die-off of plants and animals, and the lack of a varied diet that could have been otherwise obtained though plant gathering. It was at this time that the Neanderthal diet came to consist of naught but meat, due to the complete lack of availability of edible vegetation, which likely lasted for at least 1000 years.(Plants/climate)
>>42845146
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=19c1d9e7ae7f06a5
>>
>>42850725
Which I can clearly see that you've read
>>42850745
Could you at least read
>>
>>42850673
im not denying they don't, but you'd have to take a pretty big leap of faith to completely remove meat from your diet, when a good mixture of fats and complete proteins (the latter from meat) is likely how we evolved this far to begin with.

there's an awful lot of things that increase the risk of cancer. To say that meat 'gives' you cancer when most people will never get any type of cancer in their lifetime and most people eat meat is asinine. Maybe it increases the risk, maybe the study was poorly structured and didn't count for activity level or whether or not a balanced diet was better.
>>
>>42850811

>but you'd have to take a pretty big leap of faith to completely remove meat from your diet, when a good mixture of fats and complete proteins (the latter from meat) is likely how we evolved this far to begin with.

It's more of a leap of faith to guess that a food might be okay because it's been eaten in the past, rather than using scientific inquiry to see what foods are good or bad for us
>>
>>42850811
Humans are frugivores only capable of eating meat incidentally. See second post of thread.
Everyone thinks
>muh canines
means they evolved to eat flesh
>>
File: vegan-insanity-10-07-2016.png (220KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-insanity-10-07-2016.png
220KB, 800x1000px
>>42850917
>Humans are frugivores
>>
File: Humans vs apes.png (151KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
Humans vs apes.png
151KB, 500x470px
>>42850917
If that were true, why is pic related?
>>
>>42850797
Oh, so you didn't read your own links then, or if they're actually credible.

>mensfitness
>rawfoodsos
>deniseminger
>foodrenegade
>westonaprice
>saragottfriedmd
>reddit
>caloriesproper
Lmao jesus

>>42850759
>time
>livescience
>chaosandpain
My sides
>>
>>42850925

>I can only argue by strawman
>>
>>42850917
i wasn't thinking about teeth. i was thinking about the quality of protein in meat vs. vegetables/legumes.
>>
>>42850925
Why don't you post about the literal toddler who died eating a gluten free diet given to him by his parents?
>>
>>42850928
How is this at all proof we are physiologically designed to eat meat.

Nonetheless our ancestors died before they'd get cancer, so any ancestry based cancer retardation is meaningless
>>
>>42850962
Also reproduced before cancer
>>
>>42850944
>strawman
You don't know what that means just like you don't know what frugivore means.
>>
>>42850901
b-but.. muh ancestors.. they hunted deer to survive the winter.. it must be healthy..
>>
>>42850901
is it? what if that research forgets certain aspects of our health or conveniently ignores them. what if you cherry pick things to fit your ideals?

pretty sure its safer to go with what you know first and adjust based on new and upcoming research, rather than make drastic changes and adjust after.
>>
>>42850962
>Hurr we are fruigivores.
>Show that our digestion is completely different from our fruigivore cousins.

But as for how does this mean anything for meat, I would assume that every single nutrient is absorbed better from meat sources than plant, would likely point to us having evolved to do that.

Considering we likely came from a herbivore ancestor.
>>
>>42850986
i mean, if you completely ignore the remarks and evidence about protein quality, sure.

>he wonders why people think vegans are mentally deficient
>>
>>42850979
this is actually the only thing that counts. which is why there is zero evolutionary pressure to adapt any further to animal products, since they mostly cause problems past reproductive age
>>
>>42850990
You don't know anything about the cancer risk associated with red meat other than studies/World health organisation etc.

You can't infer anything from our ancestors since they reproduced before cancer
>>
File: 1488966613781.jpg (69KB, 736x571px) Image search: [Google]
1488966613781.jpg
69KB, 736x571px
>>42845123
>being a faggot
humans are predators by nature not grass munchers stop defying your nature it's kill or be killed kiddo
>>
>>42850996
>Considering we likely came from a herbivore ancestor.

Also the fact that no cultures are vegan.

Buddhists? Nope, vegetarians.
>>
>>42851015
>humans are predators by nature

Oh yeah? What natural weapon do humans have in order to kill and eat fresh animals?
Is eating fresh raw meat healthy for us?
Are we incapable of dying from bacteria found in raw meat?
>>
>>42850996
well, if you'd like to become an ape again, you're more than welcome to do so
>>
>>42851003
>even vegans get way more protein than they need, but as a meat eater i get to overeat protein from higher quality protein sources, therefore i win this argument
>>
>>42850996
All you've shown is (rough estimates, see description) of relative gut proportions. There are far more physiological factors involved than that. See second comment in post
>>
>>42851031
technically everything we do is natural, and our 'weapon' is our ability to manipulate tools/objects better than other species and do things like ask 'why' and other abstractions.

remember, we're still animals, just because something is 'man made' doesn't mean it didn't at some point come from nature.
>>
>>42851034
says the guy pushing for a vegan diet
>>
>>42851038
>being so completely oblivious that you're trying to assume my diet and probably thing i'm some other anon
>>
>>42851015
>humans are predators by nature
You could be onto something, I had to separate my doggo and my 8-month daughter yesterday, because she kept licking and biting doggo's ears
>>
>>42851040
>All you've shown is (rough estimates, see description) of relative gut proportions
The second comment is retarded. Just horseshit, like "our stomachs are the same size!!!" but then ignore that nothing else about our digestion is remotely similar.

You do realize all of those values are relatively stable among all of our relatives.

Yet ours is completely fucking different.

If we share a common ancestor, and all of our cousins which are more or less vegetarian, have a certain theme among their digestion, yet ours is completely different. How the fuck can you infer our diet is "supposed" to be just like theirs?
>>
>>42851019
There are also no cultures that exercise an hour+ daily. Doesn't mean shit!
>>
File: natural definition.png (60KB, 1037x418px) Image search: [Google]
natural definition.png
60KB, 1037x418px
>>42851049
>everything we do is natural
>>
>>42851081
almost like we evolved due to certain factors... hmm...
>>
>>42851049

By that reasoning, anything synthetic is also natural because humans made them and humans come from nature.

Humans invented weapons to overcome the fact that they aren't natural predators. They came from a line of herbivores, started scavenging meat, and eventually invented a way to get meat regularly on their own before their physiology fully adapted to it.
>>
>>42851096
Ya, to hunt and eat cooked meat.
>>
>>42851081
Small intestine sizes vary wildly
>>
>>42851092
No exercise is the equivalent of veganism here. Both are detrimental to one's health.
>>
File: flow of nature.png (563KB, 933x769px) Image search: [Google]
flow of nature.png
563KB, 933x769px
>>42851031
>What natural weapon do humans have in order to kill and eat fresh animals?
our vicious brains that are made to kill and/or devour the weak
>>42851073
do you realise how many animals we kill every day? your faggy convenient life has tamed your basic instincts
>>
>>42851099
>started scavenging meat,
Cool story.

Try eating carrion. See how that works out for ya.

Also hunting and butchering tools predate homo sapiens.
>>
>>42851099
there's a lot of monkeys that eat insects, fwiw
>>
>>42847166

>>42847187
He is actually right. A lot of bad research is out there - I also have a masters and if you're not educated in the field you're really in no position to determine whether or not a study means anything at all.

Esp if they find a small effect using a small group of people - don't take that and draw conclusions that there will be a large or even noticeable effect in the overall population.

Also - there is basically no proper way to measure people's diets on a large scale. You can ask people to self report but those answers are approximations - so finding some small effect so that you can publish doesn't mean much at all.

That said - I believe vegetables are healthy, just trust me when I say unless you have advanced degree(s) in a field you really don't have the expertise to judge whether or not a study means anything or even strongly supports it's own conclusion.
>>
>>42851119
>reading comprehension
>>
>>42851099
>Humans invented weapons to overcome the fact that they aren't natural predators.
>Nevermind our superior brains.

Humans can prey on anything brah. We are at the very top of the food chain and you want us to sit at the bottom, cuck.
>>
>>42851113
Outside of the gorilla, not much.
>>
>>42851136
I don't think anyone here is saying vegetables are unhealthy, but some are disagreeing with a diet solely based on them.
>>
>>42851136
>researchers can't infer the conclusions of their own studies
>you can
lel
>>
>>42851141
Just point out your false equivalence.
>>
>>42851150
That is sufficient to demonstrate you cannot infer diet entirely from gut proportions
>>
>>42851158
>false equivalence
I was pointing out the fact that just because there are no cultures behaving a certain way, that doesn't mean that the behavior is bad, unhealthy or undesirable. What you said is not an argument against veganism.

By the way it's not even true that there are no vegan cultures, afaik seventh day adventists are around 20% vegan and 20% vegetarian, and in some areas they're 70%+ vegan and most of the rest vegetarian. Those are clearly vegan cultures. Coincidentally they live 10+ years longer than the average american. Makes you think.
>>
>>42851195
By that logic, babies are dying from vegan diets means vegan diets are not for humans, as outliers now make the rule.
>>
>>42851276
Absolutely not an accurate extension of my logic
>>
>>42851268
Meatcucks when will they learn
>>
>>42851145

>humans invented airplanes
>humans are natural birds
>>
>>42851145
>>42851474

>humans landed on the mooon
>humans are naturally meteorites
>>
>>42851268
Vegetarian or 70% "vegan" is not vegan, you colossal dumbass. There's absolutely no 100% vegan culture.
>>
>>42851474
>>42851497
>vegans can shitpost
>vegans are naturally retarded
>>
>>42851507
There is no 100% anything culture. There is no 100% non-vegan culture. Are you committed to making absolutely retarded posts?
>>
>>42851507

What are the implications of that?
>>
>>42851524
No, just pointing out your idiotic claim about "vegan cultures." You can't be "70% vegan" and claim to be integrally vegan. Stop being this retarded.
>>
>>42851542
Do you concede that your initial point about cultures was flawed? If so, why are you still talking about cultures? Who cares? Why continue a line of argumentation that you already lost?
>>
>>42851542

I don't think he meant an individual with a "70% vegan diet" but a place where 70% of the people are vegan
>>
>>42851571
thanks, top kek, i didn't even consider that someone could misunderstand 70% vegan
>>
>>42851570
>>42851571
You two are grasping at straws hard by bringing up lying "Adventist" religious nutjobs to prove a point about veganism that doesn't exist. See how your stupid diet can't help but being tied to stupid cults? No one takes you seriously.
>>
>>42851633
I'm not trying to prove a point, I'm just saying what you said as an argument against veganism, what an uninformed non-argument based on falsehood. What you do with this information is up to you
>>
>>42851571
>>42851620
Nope. 70% =/= 100% - and 70% being a stretch here because there's zero evidence from self-reporting Adventist cunts.
>>
>>42851648
Still not 100%, no matter how you put.
>>
File: anotheonebitesthedust.png (170KB, 479x837px) Image search: [Google]
anotheonebitesthedust.png
170KB, 479x837px
>>42851268
>>
>>42851668
Ok, I'll play. There are no 100% vegan cultures, therefore I shouldn't eat a vegan diet. (Let's ignore for a moment that this makes no logical sense.)

Same logic though, there are no 100% non-vegan cultures, so I shouldn't eat non-vegan.

I guess I should starve to death? Oh but there are no cultures that starve to death 100%, so I can't do that either.
>>
>>42851633

>peer reviewed science that I don't like is "lying"
>>
>>42851704
>there are no 100% non-vegan cultures

False, the Inuit only eat foods from animal sources and have thrived like this for millennia. >>42850408
>>
>>42851717
>peer reviewed science
>from some religious bullshit group

And even them are failing. >>42851683
>>
>>42851633
kek seriously why are you in this thread? just having some fun baiting people? or what's the point?
>>
File: inuit-diet.png (77KB, 558x531px) Image search: [Google]
inuit-diet.png
77KB, 558x531px
>>42851726
>>42851704
lmao vegan cunts absolutely BTFO.
>>
>>42851737

What religious medical journal peer reviewed it?
>>
>>42851763
proof is on the claimant. feel free to post your cucked ncbi sources. can;t wait to see who is behind them.
>>
>>42851813
>scientific papers are cucked biased lies by jews
>post thread full of random blogs and trash-media articles
>>
>>42851840
>t. no sources
>>
>>42851760

The inuit paradox isn't real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvGiiZyn-M
>>
>>42851878
>t. Biggest Vegan shill aka Nutritionfacts.org

Dropped.
>>
>>42851868
sources for what?
>>
>>42851813

Ah, so you don't even know what journal the Adventist papers are published in. You sounded sure that it was all some big lie that you've exposed. Now it looks like you're just bullshitting and don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>42851898

>*sticks fingers in ears and screams*

Good choice
>>
>>42851898
Literally all they do is present scientific articles in a video format that even uneducated normies like yourself should be able to understand. Saying they're a shill is not an argument against anything. What specifically is wrong with their content?
>>
>>42851909
>>42851922

Nutritionfacts.org is nothing but a paid-membership site that shills veganism, same for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly "American Dietetic Association," lol). Stop acting like such scams are authorities in nutrition, they in no way define our food guidelines. They just want to benefit from the vegan industry.
>>
>>42851965
>paid-membership site
>costs nothing to view content
>there are no ads or sponsors
>not selling any products
hmm...
>>
>>42851965
>vegan industry
>the industry of not consuming meat dairy and eggs
>>
>>42851898
>If a doctor is telling me that smoking is bad for me, it must be because he's one of them pesky electronic cigarette shills, not because he has decades of experience and knowledge under his belt about lung cancer or anything
>>
>>42851965

It's a free website that puts out free videos about nutrition. Stop shit-slinging and make a counter-argument if you disagree.
>>
>>42851965
>vegan industry
I'M TELLING YOU THE (((SPINACH LOBBYISTS))) ARE BEHIND THIS
>>
>>42851965
I'm pretty sure this person is a vegan trying to make meat eaters look stupid. There's no way these are serious posts
>>
>>42852000
CHECKED
>>
>>42852009

Or even worse

>this doctor says smoking is bad for me
>but he doesn't smoke himself
>he must be biased against cigarettes
>I'll keep smoking
>>
>>42852000
It's still an industry from which nutritionfacts.org desperately tries to make a profit.
>>42851986
>>42852009
>>42852013
>>42852014
>>42852030

The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is paid, however. Also, you're the only one samefagging.
>>
>>42852074

>profit
>non-profit organization
>>
>>42852074
>It's still an industry from which nutritionfacts.org desperately tries to make a profit
>non-profit organization run by volunteers is desperately trying to make a profit
>>
>>42852085
They get paid to do that silly. Take a look at the organizations/people backing them.

https://nutritionfacts.org/supporters/

>>42852080
>not knowing what evading taxes is
>>
>>42852074
Absolutely nothing in this post, or the previous ones you shat out, is a reason to eat dead animals
>>
>>42852074

>when faced with facts, the meatcuck is driven into madness, accusing anyone that opposes him as being paid off by the broccoli industry
>a pathetic but inevitable display
>>
>>42852098
>They get paid to do that silly. Take a look at the organizations/people backing them.
Ok, further confirming that you don't understand what non-profit is. At least you're consistent on this point!
>>
>>42852098

Nutritionfacts is funded by Annalee Wilson and Nancy Vinson?! I'm never going there again!

Seriously though, it uses a wikipedia style donation system. They have a paid staff of about 20 people, in addition to dozens of volunteers. It's one of the best nutrition websites on the internet, but you'd rather throw a fit because they don't pander to what you want to be told is healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_I7z7ZELk
>>
File: dr.greger.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dr.greger.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>42852215
>>42852106
>>42852167
>>42852215
>meat is bad!
>donate now!
>>
>>42852359
>my best argument is an unfounded ad hominem
>>
>>42852359

>someone isn't ecstatic about my favorite food based on thousands of research papers he's reviewed!
>lynch him!
>>
>>42852359
>I only watched 8 seconds of a 3 minute video, so I have no idea what it's actually about
>Let's assume he's asking for donations and make fun of him
Thread posts: 402
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.