[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sig/ lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (14KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 183x276px
Hey /fit/

I recently finished 7 habits and it had an extremely positive input at my life. I want to read another /sig/ book now.

Can you recommend one?
>>
just read one and implement the things. Do usw an analogy : you can only train on one plan at a time.
>>
it made you feel good didn't it? So now you want another self help book so you can get the feeling of actually doing something while you are just reading feel good shit?
>>
>>42844751
>>42844722

kind of right yeah, didnt even realise it.
>>
I want to read meditations by Marcus Aurelius, but I'm worried it might be a bit too much/heavy for a first time reading that sort of thing. Any anons here who have read it, what was your experiences?
>>
>>42844702
Yo Anon I'm currently reading that book, but struggling to follow the habits placed any advice?
>>
>>42845200
its a light read.
>>
>>42844702
I'd recommend Awareness by Anthony de Mello. Put me in a much better place when I was younger.
>>
>>42845308
Put the book down and never pick it up again. It's a shit book.
>>
>>42845308

Which habits are you struggling with?
>>
>>42845526
Habit 1 and 2 don't know if I'm in the right "jungle"
>>
>>42845308
Have you tried cleaning your room?
>>
>>42845545

Habit 1 is about mind set. If you are struggling with that Habit, read chapter 1 again. Also read the book that Covey mentions in the chapter: Man's Search for Meaning. Habit 1 is about taking ownership and working on the things that are within your circle of influence.

If you do not know if you're in the right jungle, you struggle with habit 2. Habit 2 is about the strategic goal you have in life. Ask yourself: what do I really want in life? What are my goals? Write these down to make them real. Then ask yourself: Am I currently working to reach these goals, or are my efforts moving me to somewhere else?

Don't worry if you're struggling with the habits. You're changing your life. Of course it will take some effort. I myself am struggling with it at times as well. But the information is so incredibly valuable. You will improve your life if you work hard to put the habits in place!
>>
>>42844702
Mencken's "The Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche "
>>
>>42845595
Thanks man I needed to hear that.
>>
>>42845200
I'm reading it at the moment. Very easy to read but can be very impactful if you actually pay attention to what he is saying.

What I like the most is that I was actually living my life on the principles and philosophy that he is describing, but he is the one that put it in words. I guess I'm a stoic.
>>
File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
I'm on a sig kick myself right now.
I'm doing it audio book style while I do cardio.
So far rich dad poor dad
then why we want you to be rich written by rich dad poor dad guy and Trump.
They were good.

The next book i tried to tackle was The intelligent investor, but I think I bought the wrong one because its like 17 fucking hours and it jumps right in assuming I understand all this shit.
I think I downloaded like a analysis of the actual book. Anyways, dumped it for now.

So now i'm doing the Greek thing like pic related. I'm about 1/2 way through Mythologies. But I think I should go back to actual self help books.
>>
>>42846024
What does sig mean? Also nice pic saved for future use.
>>
>>42846040
SIG = Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.