[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

running/jogging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (87KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87KB, 852x480px
I'm new to running, been doing the couch to 5k app and just recently worked my up to jogging without stopping/walking for 30 minutes. I'm thinking about doing the 10k one next but a question I have for runners on here is how do you keep interested when jogging for up to an hour at a time? I'm enjoying running right now with music on but just wondering if anyone has any tips to keep going after let's say 30 minutes every day.
I'm thinking maybe it won't be as boring as I think it will once I start doing it but tips are always welcome form experienced runners/joggers
>>
File: 1505147913532.jpg (1MB, 1424x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1505147913532.jpg
1MB, 1424x1944px
>>42841457
Read stickie
>>
>>42841457
If you run that slowly that you get bored it means you arent pushing yourself, run faster famalamadingdong
>>
Chicks jogging around in shorts like your pic rel is what keeps it interesting
>>
Lose the music, it messes up your rhythm and I'd you listen too the same albums or playlist over and over while running you will subconsciously skye down at say song 4 because that is where you always slow down.
>>
File: 1377881810053.gif (2MB, 246x151px) Image search: [Google]
1377881810053.gif
2MB, 246x151px
>>42841625
>it messes up your rhythm
you're right about this, I started jogging without music and when I started listening to music I noticed it was fucking with my breathing rhythm and whatnot. I'll do my next jog without music, thanks for the tip
>>42841591
you're probably right, my goal up to this point was really just to run for 30 minutes without having to walk for a few minutes but I'll start pushing myself more, thanks
>>42841613
definitely, but I'm lucky if I see one or two where I jog, might need to change locales
>>
>>42841457
podcasts
>>
File: zriphone.png (537KB, 700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
zriphone.png
537KB, 700x1400px
>>42841457

heres a app that got me from bearly being able to do 5k to my first halfmarathon
Zombies run! its an app that interrupts your music with audioclips directed at you(runner 5 the zoms are behind you/get moving the bandits are on an intercept cource etc) if you get in to it its really motivating its a ongoing story they are up to season 6 by now (make sure to turn dont interupt music option of if you have an 1hour running mix or youll never hear the clips)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXV5akCoHSQ

for music I suggest the pod runner podcast they have mixes at diffrent bmps so you can pic music based on how fast you want to go and run to the beat they even have some interesting stuff like intervall training mixes that vary speed

http://www.podrunner.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6zvOO0l44
>>
>>42841591
>>42841457
>>42841761
Slow down, you shouldn't be winded when you finish. You shouldn't be winded at all. If you get winded, slow down. Ficus on distance rather than time at this stage.
>>
File: 1396804813966.jpg (381KB, 836x1911px) Image search: [Google]
1396804813966.jpg
381KB, 836x1911px
>>42841625
agreed, running with music is a meme that should be driven to extinction
>>
>>42841625

I disagree I got so conditiond to going fast to the last song of this mix when it came on during the last km of my last race i went in to some kind of wierd mindstate where I apparantly growled at my cheering mother and screamed at people to get out of my way(they where hoping into the finish line holding hands) I passed a shittone of people and was euphoric as fuck but could barley stand when i came out of it I have close no memory of the time between when the song came on and crossing the finish line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXMb_wlq6M
>>
Hey runners!
I'm training for a half marathon. The race is in 5 and a half weeks.
I run 3 days a week. A 10Km pace or tempo run, a 10K easy run, and a long run. My next long run will be about 21 or 22K, ie the length of the race. For my next 4 long runs, should I keep increasing this distance, maintain it or reduce it?
Thanks!
>>
>>42841457
I usually listen to music, less often to podcasts while running. You should be able to find an hour of music that both keeps you in sync with your pace and hyped as it gets more exhausting. For me it's either a dnb set or single songs that fit the bill. Spotify has an option that lets you pick music by bpm, I think it's called something like running Playlists.

More important is the route you're picking though. Pick a nice green route, water is great, too. A change of scenery is helpful and can give you that 'new stage' feeling.
Options to do a longer loop are helpful.
>>
if i breath properly (rising lower stomach instead of chest during inhale) i pretty much always reach my second breathing after 4km, so i rly dont need further distraction as im more or less high by then. make sure to develop good posture while running and train a lot of breathing techniques during dull times and u will see some serious improve on your capacity of evening out ur oxygen levels, making it way easier and way more entertaining to run long distances.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.