[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Straps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1415243526386.jpg (48KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1415243526386.jpg
48KB, 500x378px
TLDR: Should I use straps for Deadlift or RDL's if my form is good and the weight isn't intense but my fingers just give?

I'm at a motherfucking LA Shitness so we're talking cunt-raping, dodecagonal 45's here dropping onto plastic stair steppers with 1 or 2 plastic raisers for those RDL's. As much as I love to destroy their property with impunity because they refuse to make a tiny area for OLY shit in spite of 10000000 treadmills that never exceed 40% usage because they're next to a fucking cycling studio, people are starting to stare.
>>
you have two options

>chalk + mixed grip
advantages: if you compete, you will be pulling mixed grip
disadvantages: increased chance of bicep tear on supinated side, potential for imbalances
>straps + train grip separately
advantages: take grip totally out of the equation for deadlifts, no bicep tears, no imbalances
disadvantages: have to dedicate some time to static holds

i'd say use the straps and then train grip afterwards, this is what strongman competitors do
>>
>>42838889
Thanks friendo.
Got any links on static holds?
I had a left wrist tendon tear but it was 100% from dips without a wrist compression strap and my being huge.
>>
>>42838917
you don't have to be too specific with how you do them, if I were you I would just set up a bar in a rack at above your knees and pull it DOH and then hold it until you can't anymore

you might also try coan's single hand barbell hold, or try plate pinches or pinch blocks or something

https://youtu.be/-febRoO0gG0?t=8m45s
>>
Would I be training my grip if I did heavy rack pulls with straps?
>>
File: 1487488306146.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487488306146.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>42839535
>Would I be training my grip if I didn't use my fingers or thumb?
>>
>>42838889
Can I just use chalk?
>>
learn hook grip ASAP and chalk up
should be enough to maintain steady progress, strap up when you're past 6pl8
>>
How do you learn to do hook grip effectively? My hands only reach 1-2 fingers over my thumb and when I pull, it hurts my thumb
>>
>>42841310
you're only really going to have your index and middle finger on the thumb; the rest of your fingers will be on the bar.
you should be hooking with your thumb across the bar and secured by your fingers, not with your thumb under the bar. if you're doing hooks properly, you should feel pressure and a little tug on your thumb, but it should not be bearing the weight of the bar.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.