[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /fit/ I need some tips on how to improve my bench now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: PXZ2-Kazuya.png (642KB, 648x1092px) Image search: [Google]
PXZ2-Kazuya.png
642KB, 648x1092px
sup /fit/

I need some tips on how to improve my bench now that I'm no longer a skinny faggot that doesn't eat enough (hopefully I can get to 2 pl8s by the end of the year)

some q's:
does volume help a lot with bench?
if so, would doing a bunch of pushups a day (eg 200-300) carry over to my bench? and if not are there other good lifts that would carry over to benching if done frequently? or is it best to just do high volume benching?
how frequently/intensely should I bench if I choose to prioritize it (doing 2x a week, currently)?
how do I reconcile trying all the variations of bench (floor, decline, incline, etc.) with driving progression in the main lift?
and lastly, does bench carry over to the press? how about the other way around? I'm just curious bc I'd like to see my press go up to 1.5 pl8s but I'm already struggling to do more than a pl8 for 5 reps

bench has always lagged behind the other lifts but now that I'm making an effort to eat more and get good sleep I'm seeing gains again, so thanks for any insight you guys may have
>>
File: 03f0JhX.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
03f0JhX.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
pls respond
>>
grease the groove
>>
File: aSIKm0T.jpg (110KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
aSIKm0T.jpg
110KB, 960x1280px
>>42837806

ok, I guess that means keep frequency high to perfect the movement pattern?

would love some more advice (bumping w annie's boobs)
>>
>>42837832
Grease the groove is usually done at 50% of your max intensity, so choose the hardest pushup variation you can do, for ten reps, and do four-five every day, say every hour, or every time you go to the kitchen.
>>
File: lPu2YU6.jpg (110KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lPu2YU6.jpg
110KB, 960x1280px
>>42837992

oh ok I'll try that out this week. how would this apply to the bench? should I have a day where I go at 50% @ high volume and then another day where increase intensity?

thanks again
>>
File: ZeXzxik.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
ZeXzxik.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
>>42838361

*where I increase intensity?
>>
>>42838361
If you have access to a Bench every day, every 1-2 hours you can apply gtg to it, if not just continue doing your bench program, and use gtg with pushups on other days. Gtg isn't meant to be done when fatigued however and it will fuck up recovery from heavy lifts. If you haven't progressed as far as weighted one arm one leg push-ups, they are still a good alternative to bench. If I made up a program off the top of my head, (gtg = pushups),
Mon - gtg,
Tues - gtg grip work
wens - gtg
thurs - gtg gripwork
fri - rest
sat - Bench gripwork (max)
Sun - rest
But this is total bullshit
>>
>>42837535
we gonna need some sauce breh
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.