[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift Grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: disabled.png (193KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
disabled.png
193KB, 500x377px
>Pushing deadlift PRs
>Current best is 3 reps at 141.25kg (~311lbs)
>Can't get to 5 because of grip failure
>Read that those squeezy grip things don't help very much for deads grip
>Read that gloves can fuck your wrists cause it makes the bar thicker
>Think I read that tying yourself to the bar is meant to be a last resort
>When I used to do claw grip my thumbs would always ache like a bitch after
I'm already using liquid chalk and alternating grip, but the knurling still cuts into my callouses some and even then I'm struggling to keep a hold of it. Wat do?
>>
if u still cant hold the bar with mixed grip and chalk then u have a serious grip problem
the easiest solution is to just use straps but i would definitely work on forearm and grip strength
>>
>>42836205
Do farmers walks, static holds, that kind of thing.

Or just work at whatever weight you can double overhand.
>>
>>42836242
>if u still cant hold the bar with mixed grip and chalk then u have a serious grip problem
It's more that the knurling hurts my hands. I'm aware I sound like a little bitch, but even with callouses the bar keeps cutting into my hands and that's why I can't keep a grip.

>i would definitely work on forearm and grip strength
Will do, I'll try some of the stuff that >>42836251
recommended. Thanks.
>>
Keep at hook grip brudda
I had a bitch of a time pulling anything over 365 with double overhand but I kept powering through the initial pain of hook grip and now it feels great.
Just did a 475 with hook grip and it definitely gets you noticed by all the straps and alternating grip fags
>>
>>42836620
Shrugs and calf raises are also good for forearm strength, but since you complain about calluses being the main problem you should probably change the way you grip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
>>
File: hand.jpg (162KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
162KB, 540x720px
>the knurling still cuts into my callouses

green = where you should place the bar
red = where you shouldn't place the bar
>>
File: Untitled.png (468KB, 539x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
468KB, 539x720px
>>42837217
fixed it for you
>>
File: 202.jpg (89KB, 354x386px) Image search: [Google]
202.jpg
89KB, 354x386px
>>42837257
eeeeh, this is where it tends to end up apparently
the key point is that the bar shouldn't be lying on the ridge/calluses that connect to the distal palmar skin crease. that causes instability, extra calluses, and pain.
>>
File: C729BA4.jpg (99KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C729BA4.jpg
99KB, 1080x1080px
>>42836205
At the end of my last set of pull ups or chin ups I hang as long as possible. Seems to help.
Don't expect your grip strength to increase by more than 5lb a week though.
>>
Just use straps desu and hook for singles if you compete.
>>
File: hand.jpg (68KB, 633x476px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
68KB, 633x476px
>>42837187
>>42837217
>>42837257
>>42837427
>you should probably change the way you grip
I'm already gripping in the crease at the base of my fingers rather than in my palm, it's still giving me calluses and cutting into my hands when I'm lifting heavier weight. Pic related, the damaged and hard skin isn't in my palms, but in the creases at the base of my fingers and the next joints up.

>>42836922
>>42837980
>>42837187
Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try.
>>
Use Fatgripz/a THICCer bar for a while then go back to standard
>>
File: veins.jpg (40KB, 574x349px) Image search: [Google]
veins.jpg
40KB, 574x349px
>>42839497
>Fatgripz
Yeah, I'm certain those abnormal biceps and hose-like veins snaking all through his arms are from lifting a thicker bar.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.