[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder to do your front squats. >ideal for aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: front-squat[1].jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
front-squat[1].jpg
38KB, 600x300px
Daily reminder to do your front squats.

>ideal for aesthetics because of quad engagement
>builds huge upper back
>actually builds biceps and chest
>makes you a fucking beast
>develops good posture
>can make you taller
>increases testosterone
>>
i do low bar squats for the sole purpose of getting a nice ass
>>
Isn't high bar squat like the middle ground between low-bar and front-squats when it comes to quad/hamstring usage?

I do romanian deadlifts/leg extensions on my leg day but I'm interested in adding front squats to replace leg extensions just to try it out
>>
File: 1504820415184.jpg (67KB, 720x693px) Image search: [Google]
1504820415184.jpg
67KB, 720x693px
I do front squats and zercher diddlies on Tuesday, and back squat and regular diddlies on Friday. This is the most I've ever enjoyed leg days
>>
Daily reminder that front squats, low bar back squats, and high bar back squats all have near identical quad, hamstring, and glute activation for similar % lifts
>>
>>42832946
c-can i do zerchers instead?
>>
Front squats are just a bitch-out way for sissys to avoid doing real squats.

(this does not apply to you if you do back squats with front squats as assistance.)
>>
>>42833575
daily reminder to always ask for source
>>
File: 1503874747984.jpg (21KB, 188x282px) Image search: [Google]
1503874747984.jpg
21KB, 188x282px
>my wrists when front squatting
How the fuck do I do this without my wrists dying
I've been doing it for 4 weeks and it isn't getting any better
Doing clean grip
>>
>>42833470
>zercher diddlies
Please don't do this to your legs man
>>
>>42834166
Pain means you're letting the weight rest on your wrists rather than across the front delts.

Stretch your wrists and triceps. You should be able to get all 4 fingers and your thumb around the bar while it's pressed against your throat. Having a complete grip makes it easier to keep your back tighter. Keep those elbows up and out and it should make it easier to keep upright and the weight on your shoulders
>>
>>42834166
I just did front rack position on my warmups, and crossed my hands when it became heavy. After a couple of weeks I was mobile enough to front squat in the front rack position on my working sets. It still is a little uncomfortable if I do really grindy reps and tilt too much forward, but not so much that I need to switch back to the "bodybuilder" position.
>>
>>42833575
Daily reminder that deadlifts have similar muscle engagement as squats, yet squats are a hell of a lot safer. One bad rep on deadlifts can fuck you up bad.
>>
My ankles arent flexible enough to front squat :(
>>
>>42832946
I dunno if I'd recomment front squats to people who don't olympic lift. The technique is pretty hard. Safety bar squats require less mobility and technique and the balance is about the same.
>>
File: 1410781544423.jpg (99KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1410781544423.jpg
99KB, 500x375px
Daily reminder to do your front squats

>lumbar curvature and associated delamination of spinal collagen is great
>injury to wrists prevents you from masturbating, guaranteed test boost
>general panacea, often recommended by elite doctors to cure various terminal diseases
>makes your dick bigger
>allows you to construct hierarchy of identity amongst people who pick up heavy things -- those who don't front squat are automatically inferior to you
>relatively asymmetrical loading of quads over hams/glutes never leads to any problems in the long term
>attain a level of strength that serves little to no practical utility
>>
>>42834829
Front squats isn't that hard. Because the weight is above your center of gravity, instead of slightly behind it like in back squats, it's easier to hit good depth. The only thing that's hard is to keep a straight upper back, which is more a question of using too much weight.
>>
File: front squat.jpg (46KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
front squat.jpg
46KB, 500x653px
tfw leg day

Front Squats feel so fucking good. You look aesthetic af with a loaded bar sitting across your shoulders with the bodybuilding grip. My only complaint is how hard it is to take a breath with the bar on your shoulders/chest. Even taking a big breath before walking it out, I still have to try take a breath before I go for a rep and I can't get any air.

I think a good tip for doing Front Squats is to look up when you're coming back up. Your body follows your chin so if you're looking down or ahead you can tilt forward or drop your elbows and the weight may move, but if you tilt your head up a bit I feel like your chest automatically puffs out and helps your stay upright.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.