[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get wall extensions down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: extensions.jpg (24KB, 611x431px) Image search: [Google]
extensions.jpg
24KB, 611x431px
up against the wall, hips, back, head touching the wall. Flip my arms back to get into the position in the pic, my hands can't touch the wall. They're stuck at a 75 degree angle. Same thing if I lay on the floor

I've foam rolled, and it did straighten my back, I think my shoulders are just tight or lacking rear-strength to pull the arms into place.

best way to remedy this issue?
>>
You are just unflexible

If you are unflexible due lifting weights you can fix it

In the other scenario if you are unflexible before you started lifting (like in my case) you just cant fix it
>>
>>42832198
no lie homie, look up yoga stretches.
i actually became more flexible after that with my shoulder routines.
other than that, basic stretches. itll hurt like a motherfucker, but you should see better results.
but the yoga stretches - no lie they work
>>
>>42832323 Not OP but
I tried them and didnt fucking work

After all that went to doc and he told me the cause could be calcified joints or short ligaments
>>
>>42832352
ah that sucks.

>>42832323
I will look into it

>>42832295
that's possible. I've tried active stretching as well as static stretching. Nothing is working
guess I have to stop lifting
>>
>>42832383
No, dont stop lifting

Being flexible is for faggots or numales anyways, as long as you are strong you are ok

The bad thing of unflexible thing is: you cant do overheadpress without
t looking you are a meme
>>
>>42832198
hmm try face pulls maybe and scarecrows?
>>
Have a friend gently push your forearms back against the wall until you're in too great of pain to continue. If you feel the regular pain of stretching too far, then you're just inflexible. If you feel pain much greater than what can be expected from just stretching, your body's probably fucked in the way your doctor mentioned. If your arms literally are incapable of moving to the wall, same thing. If your friend can get your arms to the wall without you experiencing pain savage enough to have to stop, then it means your rear delts aren't strong enough.
>>
>>42832198
how the fuck is this even possible?
>>
Go on max shank's YouTube channel and look up the thoracic bridge, then have your life changed
>>
File: IMG_6121.jpg (129KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6121.jpg
129KB, 1080x1349px
>>42832198
Most likely you have a tight pec minor and major
This is external rotation of the humerus which also requires a healthy thoracic spine.
One way to modify it is try completing the same movement. Supine on the floor. It's a bit more facilitated this way. Also stretch your pecs, ant delts and lats more often. They are internal rotators and would impede range of motion.
Use a lacrosse or tennis ball to massage any knots on your pecs and ant delts. A foam roller can handle the lat as well as open your throacic spine of you have kyphosis increased.

faculls are helpful, but require elbow flexion and makes it harder to isolate the right muscles. I'm not saying it's a useless movement at all. Some rear dealt flyies, pronated on a bench can help.

Personally, I do the 'I - T - W -L' pronated on a bench. The trx can actually be useful for the above prehab exercise as well. Yes, the trx is quite useful for rehab and prehab
>>
>>42832198
Do you extend your thorax / lift your sternum? Shoulder mobility is going to be limited if your upper back is round.

>>42832857
How the fuck is it not? From what I understand, it's supposed to be gradually harder to keep both your elbows and palms against the wall as you slide them up, but I can do full range of motion with literally 0 effort and I've never worked on shoulder joint or thoracic spine mobility. I can't imagine how fucked one's posture has to be if he can't even assume the starting position.
>>
>>42833500
Good advice
Thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.