[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not getting stronger!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ripped.jpg (26KB, 590x331px) Image search: [Google]
ripped.jpg
26KB, 590x331px
how long does it take to be able to add more weight?

I just started lifting, bought a set of 200Lb (100lb x2) adjustable dumbbells

got up to 35Lbs with curls and can do 3 sets of 10-12 reps with a minute sometimes more rest.
can only do 1 set with overhead press.

I watch all the vids of people doing way more weight and feel like a weakling, really want to go up in weight but can't handle it.

using less weight for lateral raises, only 15lbs, should I try increasing this? I don't wanna snap my shoulders up.

What should I do to get to the next level? I'm looking for strength over bulk.
>>
eat more
>>
read the sticky
>>
>>42832130
I already do all what the sticky says.
>>
eat more read sticky consume proteins
smaller sets + heavier weights if you want strength gains
>>
>>42832140
I eat crazy proteins already. chicken, cottage cheese, whey. I'll just double everything I'm eating. Thanks guys.
>>
strength over bulk , by curling?

only reason to curl is you want your arms to look better, remember that. so how much weight you use is not as important as how exactly you're doing the exercises and how you're eating.

go down to 20lbs, curl it squeezing tight all the way up, slow and controlled, squeeze the weight and your bicep at the peak, slowly lower down the weight, but not enough to where it's hanging free, you should always be in tension. do 10 reps like that.

anyway, do some push ups too, you sound like a total beginner so they wouldn't hurt before you actually start going to a gym and benching. I'd stay away from lateral raises at the moment, do safe things like shrugs, or pressing up a small amount of weight to start activating those shoulders and traps.

remember also you need to step up your protein in take if you want to see anything visibly grow. good luck.
>>
>>42832149
>I'll just double everything I'm eating
dont do this. increase it slowly and do calculations
>>
>>42832099

Lol curling 35 lbs for reps
>>
If you're skinny you need to count kcalories just as much as fatties and experienced lifters do. Don't fool yourself
>>
http://johndoebodybuilding.com/beginner-weight-workout-for-gains-video/

I did that as a beginner for about 4 months. not every day but every day I had enough time.
>>
You get to a point where the reason you can't lift heavier is a mental barrier. Start heavy and drop of you need to but always up them weights
>>
>>42832251
Did it work?
>>
>>42832137
The sticky does not say to buy adjustable dumb bells and do curls
>>
>>42832312
I ran around 5 km two or three times a week and also did chin ups at the beginning of the workout. it worked. chest and shoulders stick out in tshirts and I overall looked a bit fit. if you are skinny and do that, eat enough and it will work.
>>
>>42832099
>>42832137
>>42832149

>I have a question
>ok, here's an answer
>I ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWERS!

Alright then

/thread

>>42832314

Also this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.